PDA

View Full Version : Waterford Invitational - Melton 2014 VIDEO

GotHalos
02-03-2014, 10:32 PM
Credit: Mike Smith

Can someone explain what may have happened to the boat on the inside at the start?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAetVq04Lws

HotWater
02-03-2014, 11:10 PM
Wow that thing was out of shape but did'nt crash. He is lucky they were not bunched up closer.

GotHalos
02-03-2014, 11:31 PM
Wow that thing was out of shape but did'nt crash. He is lucky they were not bunched up closer.

Crazy how much it runs to the right then hops multiple times. No doubt that was a great save.

Sharp shooter
02-04-2014, 10:50 AM
Credit: Mike Smith

Can someone explain what may have happened to the boat on the inside at the start?

Not enough down pedal for the amount of gas applied. Just a guess. :)

ptc
02-04-2014, 11:00 AM
Yea not enough down pedal and he aired it out and it just fell on its side - chined over, it wasnt so much a save by the driver as a tendency of the hull design to save itself...

These are not flat bottoms and the V hull tends to let them fall on their low sides like that, but under power they still seem to be more stable than the flats sometimes.... If that was a flat, it probably would have been all over.

rschap1
02-04-2014, 11:05 AM
WOW
wow
wow

GotHalos
02-04-2014, 01:01 PM
Yea not enough down pedal and he aired it out and it just fell on its side - chined over, it wasnt so much a save by the driver as a tendency of the hull design to save itself...

These are not flat bottoms and the V hull tends to let them fall on their low sides like that, but under power they still seem to be more stable than the flats sometimes.... If that was a flat, it probably would have been all over.

Thanks for explaining.

So these are closer to the GN's we have here with more power?

HotWater
02-04-2014, 01:15 PM
I'm thinking if that was a flat it would have for sure been over. That is the most forgiving race boat I have seen.

K-034
02-04-2014, 03:45 PM
I'm thinking if that was a flat it would have for sure been over. That is the most forgiving race boat I have seen.

X2 I agree