01-31-2014, 11:01 PM
ill be the first i have a blown gas 1970 wriedt

Do you have a selective seeing problem?

Sent from my Bat Cave

ogshotgun
02-01-2014, 12:22 AM
Do you have a selective seeing problem?

Sent from my Bat Cave

lets try again its a thread about boats .. not a picture contest ... lets talk about boats and boats only so iask what do you have ?

ogshotgun
02-01-2014, 12:23 AM
I'm sure we can. Let's see some pics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lets talk about boats .. don't need pics lol...

ogshotgun
02-01-2014, 12:26 AM
ill be the first i have a blown gas 1970 wriedt

here is a picture since no one wants to talk you can look .. lol32091

HB Vic
02-01-2014, 12:45 AM
here is a picture since no one wants to talk you can look .. lol32091

Thank you for that. It is winter in So Cal so it's a little slow around here. We hope to perk things up a bit next week at the boat show. Then I believe we have Puddingstone, then Desert Storm. I apologize if it a little slow but it will pick up soon.

ogshotgun
02-01-2014, 12:48 AM
Thank you for that. It is winter in So Cal so it's a little slow around here. We hope to perk things up a bit next week at the boat show. Then I believe we have Puddingstone, then Desert Storm. I apologize if it a little slow but it will pick up soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk may be slow but i know of 8 boats being built restored what ever theres plenty to talk about ...lmao

HB Vic
02-01-2014, 12:50 AM
may be slow but i know of 8 boats being built restored what ever theres plenty to talk about ...lmao

Then let's get them up on here. I haven't seen you around here in awhile. I'm a boater and I hate winter, so let's fix that.

ogshotgun
02-01-2014, 12:52 AM
i bet that all the TFH boats and teams are busy in there shops getting ready for the sea on, i have sen k-711 working hard and looking ready to scream ... lets see who's got there project underway.

ogshotgun
02-01-2014, 12:53 AM
Then let's get them up on here. I haven't seen you around here in awhile. I'm a boater and I hate winter, so let's fix that.

lol i post pictures of my winter project almost every other day lol

ogshotgun
02-01-2014, 12:54 AM
32093 like this photo a few days ago

HB Vic
02-01-2014, 12:55 AM
lol i post pictures of my winter project almost every other day lol

Here? Why don't I remember you??

ogshotgun
02-01-2014, 01:14 AM
Here? Why don't I remember you??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk go to your forum drives and its april hot boat of the month phase II pictures updated almost every other day

Paul65K
02-01-2014, 04:53 AM
lets try again its a thread about boats .. not a picture contest ... lets talk about boats and boats only so iask what do you have ?OK then........I agree I wish it was boating season too...............Thanks for the thread.....I for one really appreciate all your boating content :thumb:

hbchgirl
02-01-2014, 10:16 AM
Cool boat 2MM 👍Good luck on finishing your project and getting it back on the water this spring!

Sharp shooter
02-01-2014, 10:45 AM
lets talk about boats .. don't need pics lol...

I've met and interviewed Jerry Wriedt. I've seen a few of his flattys over the years and all of them had Chryslers.

How does your boat ride? Does it "set" or does it try and porpoise at speed. What shaft angle are you running? Does your boat have any rocker?

I was raised v-drive boating behind Dad's flattys and I've attended many races. In '96 I joined Brian's Classic V-drive club of America and produced 4 videos for that club before releasing the River Rats videos in the years after. I've also produced over 60 racing and promotional videos all pertaining to v-drive boats (and some jets).

I'm not sure why you've come in here complaining about lack of boating threads when this v-drive forum is full of them. The sandbar not so much, but that's more of a social room of the site. I started the really old boats thread in the sandbar to help give this site a shot in the arm while including history of most types of boats and anything pertaining to boating. I suggest you check it out. If you make it out to Needles in 3 weeks look me up, I'd be happy to "talk boats" with you.

The Route 66 Needles show is after the boat show and before puddingstone. Just a reminder....

Sharp shooter
02-01-2014, 10:51 AM
I still have to build the AN/braided lines,

You know how to "build" braided lines? lol :D Please post vid of you doing that. Leave out connecting fittings since we all know what that entails. :D

I would suggest spraying the boat white...lol

gn7
02-01-2014, 11:14 AM
You know how to "build" braided lines? lol :D Please post vid of you doing that. Leave out connecting fittings since we all know what that entails. :D

I would suggest spraying the boat white...lol

Jerry, I take it you haven't seen the half dozen braiding machines 2MM has.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7cHdo35jrA

HB Vic
02-01-2014, 11:17 AM
I've met and interviewed Jerry Wriedt. I've seen a few of his flattys over the years and all of them had Chryslers.

How does your boat ride? Does it "set" or does it try and porpoise at speed. What shaft angle are you running? Does your boat have any rocker?

I was raised v-drive boating behind Dad's flattys and I've attended many races. In '96 I joined Brian's Classic V-drive club of America and produced 4 videos for that club before releasing the River Rats videos in the years after. I've also produced over 60 racing and promotional videos all pertaining to v-drive boats (and some jets).

I'm not sure why you've come in here complaining about lack of boating threads when this v-drive forum is full of them. The sandbar not so much, but that's more of a social room of the site. I started the really old boats thread in the sandbar to help give this site a shot in the arm while including history of most types of boats and anything pertaining to boating. I suggest you check it out. If you make it out to Needles in 3 weeks look me up, I'd be happy to "talk boats" with you.

The Route 66 Needles show is after the boat show and before puddingstone. Just a reminder....

Ah yes. Also ADBA drags in Parker

RogerThat99
02-01-2014, 11:22 AM
I may get over today to take some pics of an old fuel hydro currently getting restored.

gn7
02-01-2014, 11:22 AM
lets try again its a thread about boats .. not a picture contest ... lets talk about boats and boats only so iask what do you have ?

og, I have somewhat the same concerns for a site that calls itself HOTBOAT, but the way I see it, you have 2 choices, add content, or find content where you can find it. Every site has its "SANDBOX" where non boating topics are discussed. This site as another as another, has more than a reasonable share of threads on non boating topics. If it bothers you, stay out of the sandbox, and post your boating stuff else where on the site.
Too date, the majority of YOUR posts have been non boating as well, and fit better into the whinning and bitching forum.

If YOU have something to say or add, please do so. This is the forum we "talk boats"

YOU may even find it helpful in your case helpful if you SFU and read. You might actually learn a little here.

WMC
02-01-2014, 11:47 AM
Here is a Thread build of OG boat in the v drive section. http://www.hotboat.com/frm/showthread.php?3325-April-HOTBOAT-COM-of-the-month-2013-phase-II

gn7
02-01-2014, 01:57 PM
Here is a Thread build of OG boat in the v drive section. http://www.hotboat.com/frm/showthread.php?3325-April-HOTBOAT-COM-of-the-month-2013-phase-II

Saw it. lot of "show" very little "tell"
I wouldn't want to try and restore a row boat with the content in that thread. Look more like a photo album from his Facebook page.
Cool stuff, cool boat. But from a guy BITCHING about content, I would have expected a more than LAM thread.

SnoC653
02-01-2014, 02:51 PM
I wouldn't want to try and restore a row boat with the content in that thread. Look more like a photo album from his Facebook page.
Cool stuff, cool boat. But from a guy BITCHING about content, I would have expected a more than LAM thread.

It is a cool boat he posted pictures of originally. As a project it is about where some of mine are, a long ways from being a boat again. He does seem to work hard, or at least someone is. But it might be best if he didn't give too much commentary on how to do things right. His explanation of jet boat headers is priceless. I even made it my signature line.

On looking back at the picture he posted, he might not have Jet Boat headers, but man is that engine angle up there. Not a good combination if you like to turn at speed..

Sharp shooter
02-01-2014, 03:15 PM

He probably builds the machine first. :D

wannabe
02-01-2014, 03:25 PM
Hey, I have a boat.

RogerThat99
02-01-2014, 03:30 PM
Getting ready to spray some red on the Red Baron. With Rhinowood, After You 362, and Fred Romani. 3214732148

Sent using Tapatalk.

HB Vic
02-01-2014, 03:39 PM
Getting ready to spray some red on the Red Baron. With Rhinowood, After You 362, and Fred Romani. 3214732148

Sent using Tapatalk.

What are you up to over there??

gn7
02-01-2014, 04:34 PM
YOu or someone "built" a new set of plates for you HONCHO right? In so doing did you melt the aluminum, pour it, roll the ingot into plate stock BEFORE you saw cut/drilled/Csink'd the holes?

YOu are prolly aware that braided stainless likes are a TAD more involved than just spooling off some Gates 5/8" rubber heater hose, pushing them onto the barbed fittings and tightening the hose clamps... Right???
Do you "BUILD" brake lines? or do you just cut them from bulk and throw them on the car, tighten them down???
OK 2MM. lets not try to make it sound like you are assembling a blown SOHC here. Its some hose and a couple ends. Not exactly rocket science. Getting the money out of your wallet is the hardest part of plumbing a boat.

2manymustangs
02-01-2014, 04:57 PM
Tutorial for Bob....

Life Instructions For Bob (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSnLLngiT0I)

gn7
02-01-2014, 05:13 PM
I spent the better part of 60 years perfecting this, and you think I'm interested in changing? Take another hit off the pipe Bruce.
if I was looking for friends, I'd have you "like me" on a Facebook page.

gn7
02-01-2014, 05:35 PM
It is a cool boat he posted pictures of originally. As a project it is about where some of mine are, a long ways from being a boat again. He does seem to work hard, or at least someone is. But it might be best if he didn't give too much commentary on how to do things right. His explanation of jet boat headers is priceless. I even made it my signature line.

On looking back at the picture he posted, he might not have Jet Boat headers, but man is that engine angle up there. Not a good combination if you like to turn at speed..

Lets not sugar coat this snoc. THEY ARE jet boat headers. The engine is not on that much angle.

you go river caves place and its all boats ..performance boats its all boats..hotboat.com,,,very little boats at all, what happened to this site ? from what i can several hundred members 5 with boating desires lol
Seriously? RDP is ALL BOATS ALL THE TIME. There is no more boating content over there than there is here, and most of it is WRONG!

well in a drag boat with a drive you run off the fly wheel my friend .. and if they were jet boat headers they would be pointing forward since jet boats are a direct connect to the flywheel

So, I take it that your heads are marked left and right, and no more interchangeable than the headers.

Using your logic, this must be V drive headers installed on a jet. OR, maybe you own this jet. :smile:
With your attitude, you may find yourself looking to the v drive experts at RPD for any advice you might need. I think that's where this guy gets his helpful tips.

MrDenton
02-01-2014, 05:51 PM
32093 like this photo a few days ago

Just saw your boat yesterday. Think it'll be ready for summer? Mines going back in for some touch up next week.

Blown Gas Flats to Rope...
In loving memory of
Chris "Church Mouse" Blevens

Sharp shooter
02-01-2014, 06:18 PM
YOu or someone "built" a new set of plates for you HONCHO right?

No.

I don't toss around the word "built" so freely. ;)

gn7
02-01-2014, 06:49 PM
No.

I don't toss around the word "built" so freely. ;)

BUILD is usually more than a 2 step process.

With 2MM, making a cocktail or changing the sheets on the bed is a BUILD.

HB Vic
02-01-2014, 07:23 PM
I spent the better part of 60 years perfecting this, and you think I'm interested in changing? Take another hit off the pipe Bruce.
if I was looking for friends, I'd have you "like me" on a Facebook page.

You're not playing nice again.

MrDenton
02-01-2014, 08:30 PM
So much hostility around here. I thought/hoped things would be better over here at HB.
Same clowns, different circus.
Back to the OP's topic.
I saw your boat before Stu started cutting out the stringers. Man, good call on opening her up. Those timbers, and I mean timbers because those stringers were HUGE, rotted pretty bad. What's that hull weigh? Built like a tank.

In loving memory of

HB Vic
02-01-2014, 08:36 PM
It is, but it's winter, the natives are getting restless lol

ogshotgun
02-01-2014, 11:10 PM
OK then........I agree I wish it was boating season too...............Thanks for the thread.....I for one really appreciate all your boating content :thumb:
thanks buddy a actual boater in this see of whatever lol

ogshotgun
02-01-2014, 11:14 PM

The Route 66 Needles show is after the boat show and before puddingstone. Just a reminder....my boat takes a set but it took lot of work to get it do it its a 10 degree shaft and box with 600 hp it porpoised some now with almost 1000 the porpoising all but went away..wont make needles putting a new balsa floor in the boat ...

ogshotgun
02-01-2014, 11:19 PM

cool machine but what use would that product have in the boating industry ?

ogshotgun
02-01-2014, 11:22 PM
og, I have somewhat the same concerns for a site that calls itself HOTBOAT, but the way I see it, you have 2 choices, add content, or find content where you can find it. Every site has its "SANDBOX" where non boating topics are discussed. This site as another as another, has more than a reasonable share of threads on non boating topics. If it bothers you, stay out of the sandbox, and post your boating stuff else where on the site.
Too date, the majority of YOUR posts have been non boating as well, and fit better into the whinning and bitching forum.

If YOU have something to say or add, please do so. This is the forum we "talk boats"

YOU may even find it helpful in your case helpful if you SFU and read. You might actually learn a little here. geez nice attitude bro ... almost all my posts are in the drive forum .. than i had a thread jumper cut in and bash so i cut in there threads too ,, turn about is fair play right

ogshotgun
02-01-2014, 11:23 PM
Cool stuff, cool boat. But from a guy BITCHING about content, I would have expected a more than LAM thread. at least its a boat instead of a train plane or a drink lmao

ogshotgun
02-01-2014, 11:24 PM

Sent using Tapatalk.looks good

HB Vic
02-01-2014, 11:27 PM
cool machine but what use would that product have in the boating industry ?

OG I'm sure you are aware of the use of braided lines in both the marine and automotive industry, so I won't go review on you. Aside from the practical aspects of braid, I can certainly appreciate the automation that goes in to making even one inch of that stuff. Pretty amazing really.

ogshotgun
02-01-2014, 11:30 PM
Lets not sugar coat this snoc. THEY ARE jet boat headers. The engine is not on that much angle.

Seriously? RDP is ALL BOATS ALL THE TIME. There is no more boating content over there than there is here, and most of it is WRONG!

So, I take it that your heads are marked left and right, and no more interchangeable than the headers. your right boat isn't set up to turn i didn't design the headers just bought them .. complain to rewarder if you don't like them sorry its what i got and if you want to send me a 1000 set of the ones you build for free send them on... is this your boat in the pic with reverse headers lol guess the heads are on the wrong side lmao...

Using your logic, this must be V drive headers installed on a jet. OR, maybe you own this jet. :smile:
With your attitude, you may find yourself looking to the v drive experts at RPD for any advice you might need. I think that's where this guy gets his helpful tips.

32160your right boat isn't set up to turn i didn't design the headers just bought them .. complain to rewarder if you don't like them sorry its what i got and if you want to send me a 1000 set of the ones you build for free send them on... is this your boat in the pic with reverse headers lol guess the heads are on the wrong side lmao...

ogshotgun
02-01-2014, 11:32 PM
Just saw your boat yesterday. Think it'll be ready for summer? Mines going back in for some touch up next week.

In loving memory of
yes sir aim waiting for the man to finish and aim ready here all hardware ready t go ... yours looked sweet my friend

ogshotgun
02-01-2014, 11:33 PM

In loving memory of

was my floor in ?

ogshotgun
02-01-2014, 11:35 PM
So much hostility around here. I thought/hoped things would be better over here at HB.
Back to the OP's topic.
I saw your boat before Stu started cutting out the stringers. Man, good call on opening her up. Those timbers, and I mean timbers because those stringers were HUGE, rotted pretty bad. What's that hull weigh? Built like a tank.

In loving memory of
Chris "Church Mouse" Blevens bare it was under 600 its a pretty stout hull, i run the river a lot and rough water it'll take the abuse now and those stringers were trash and the old floor was hickory chips lol .. probably a bit of handling issues will go away now

MrDenton
02-01-2014, 11:36 PM
Thanks Michael. Been a long road. I'm soooooo ready to be done and move on to "Project Vector". It's not a v-drive so I won't ever bring it up in here again. Might get my dick stepped on.

In loving memory of

ogshotgun
02-01-2014, 11:37 PM

So, I take it that your heads are marked left and right, and no more interchangeable than the headers.

32160a pictures worth a thousand words so read the pictures very quietly lmao

ogshotgun
02-01-2014, 11:39 PM
OG I'm sure you are aware of the use of braided lines in both the marine and automotive industry, so I won't go review on you. Aside from the practical aspects of braid, I can certainly appreciate the automation that goes in to making even one inch of that stuff. Pretty amazing really.
ahh ok i get it its for braid covers or actually braided lines ? anyways its very cool stuff like that amazes me

ogshotgun
02-01-2014, 11:40 PM
Thanks Michael. Been a long road. I'm soooooo ready to be done and move on to "Project Vector". It's not a v-drive so I won't ever bring it up in here again. Might get my dick stepped on.

In loving memory of
Chris "Church Mouse" Blevensyour boat has been there for a loooong time buddy

MrDenton
02-01-2014, 11:44 PM
Back and forth now for almost a year. He and I split a lot of the work. I wanted to have some sweat and tears in it too. It's easy to pay to have it done. I wanted a smell of the resin, itch of the glass and frustration of the capped deck.

In loving memory of

ogshotgun
02-01-2014, 11:47 PM
Back and forth now for almost a year. He and I split a lot of the work. I wanted to have some sweat and tears in it too. It's easy to pay to have it done. I wanted a smell of the resin, itch of the glass and frustration of the capped deck.

In loving memory of
Chris "Church Mouse" Blevens well i took out my old glass and all the old floor myself got a battle scar on the forehead and itched for a week ... lol aim done with fiberglass but i did redo my whole trailer from ground up...

MrDenton
02-01-2014, 11:49 PM
Does it now have tandem axels with polished stainless fenders?😜

In loving memory of

ogshotgun
02-02-2014, 12:23 AM
Does it now have tandem axels with polished stainless fenders?��

In loving memory of
Chris "Church Mouse" Blevens nah still a single going for the 70s look and that flimsy ass shiny fenders that can't take a impact for 500 each ....... oh wait that was yours lololololol no same single axle trailer all done right go look under hot boat of the month april phase II

SnoC653
02-02-2014, 12:38 AM
Back to the OP's topic.

In loving memory of

So that was Stu's shop in the picture. Glad to see he's still working on boats.

SnoC653
02-02-2014, 12:53 AM
nah still a single going for the 70s look and that flimsy ass shiny fenders that can't take a impact for 500 each ....... oh wait that was yours lololololol no same single axle trailer all done right go look under hot boat of the month april phase II

You do realize that in the 70s most of the west coast boats had double axle trailers? Midwest boats kept single axle trailers for a lot longer. And you can get heavy steel double fenders just like you can singles.

So how long have you owned this boat? And who set it up the way it was in the pictures? Since you want to talk boats, let talk boats. What angle is your driveshaft at? What couplers do you use to connect the driveshaft to the V-drive? You said you have a 10 degree box, what strut angle does it have and why the hell is that engine sitting up so high and at such an angle if that is the case?

Also you said you aren't young and you posted a pic of an older guy driving the boat, is that you? If so, what is with the ARNG PFC crap in your signature line? I sure don't think they have many older PFCs in the Guard and the guy driving your boat isn't a PFC for sure.

I know, you figured all the boat guys were done for the night so you jump in and start posting like crazy. How about some answers while you're at it.

gn7
02-02-2014, 01:31 AM
why the hell is that engine sitting up so high and at such an angle if that is the case?

Put this under a FE or B/RB and you'll know why.
Consider the distance from the centerline of the crank to the bottom of this pan. Remember, the pan rail on a Chevy is the centerline of the crank. On a B/RB the pan rail about 3" below. So with the same pan depth, the B/RB is going to have about an additional 3" you have to deal with if you use a pan that deep. Its a nice pan and the bottom is slanted to account for the tilt of the engine in a V drive, but damn its deep.
http://www.hotboat.com/frm/attachment.php?attachmentid=26363&d=1385408787

ogshotgun
02-02-2014, 01:39 AM
Consider the distance from the centerline of the crank to the bottom of this pan. Remember, the pan rail on a Chevy is the centerline of the crank. On a B/RB the pan rail about 3" below. So with the same pan depth, the B/RB is going to have about an additional 3" you have to deal with if you use a pan that deep. Its a nice pan and the bottom is slanted to account for the tilt of the engine in a V drive, but damn its deep.
http://www.hotboat.com/frm/attachment.php?attachmentid=26363&d=1385408787 i understand what your saying but tho pan is the same depth as the factory center sump its replacing only difference is its full length and ...

ogshotgun
02-02-2014, 01:48 AM
You do realize that in the 70s most of the west coast boats had double axle trailers? Midwest boats kept single axle trailers for a lot longer. And you can get heavy steel double fenders just like you can singles.

So how long have you owned this boat? And who set it up the way it was in the pictures? Since you want to talk boats, let talk boats. What angle is your driveshaft at? What couplers do you use to connect the driveshaft to the V-drive? You said you have a 10 degree box, what strut angle does it have and why the hell is that engine sitting up so high and at such an angle if that is the case?

Also you said you aren't young and you posted a pic of an older guy driving the boat, is that you? If so, what is with the ARNG PFC crap in your signature line? I sure don't think they have many older PFCs in the Guard and the guy driving your boat isn't a PFC for sure.

I know, you figured all the boat guys were done for the night so you jump in and start posting like crazy. How about some answers while you're at it.well i am retired and joined the guard at a late age and yes thats my current rank e-3 which is better than e-0 lol and no thats not me in the boat a friend, as far as the setup its factory from Wreidt boats , the boat has the original stringers in it and the bolt holes are exactly the same no extra sets ,now if you take the headers off and the 10" tall air cleaners and the 10*71 blower it sits pretty low,, as far as the coupling on the driveshaft it has a casale adapter on the crank for a 1350 u joint and a casale adapter on the vdivd input for a 1350 u joint .. the strut is 10 degrees and a correction it has a 12 degree casale drive with 29 gears, i do not know the crankshaft angle at this time but the edelbrock motor plates are offset and both almost sit at the bottom of the stringer

ogshotgun
02-02-2014, 01:50 AM
well i am retired and joined the guard at a late age and yes thats my current rank e-3 which is better than e-0 lol and no thats not me in the boat a friend, as far as the setup its factory from Wreidt boats , the boat has the original stringers in it and the bolt holes are exactly the same no extra sets ,now if you take the headers off and the 10" tall air cleaners and the 10*71 blower it sits pretty low,, as far as the coupling on the driveshaft it has a casale adapter on the crank for a 1350 u joint and a casale adapter on the vdivd input for a 1350 u joint .. the strut is 10 degrees and a correction it has a 12 degree casale drive with 29 gears, i do not know the crankshaft angle at this time but the edelbrock motor plates are offset and both almost sit at the bottom of the stringer also this boat did not have the option for a tandem axle trailer i have the original option sheet , and i usually don't have a helper so its much easier moving a single axle alone than a tandem

ogshotgun
02-02-2014, 01:52 AM
http://www.hotboat.com/frm/attachment.php?attachmentid=26363&d=1385408787 if you run a pan lets say for a chevy 7" deep take away the 3" block thats a 4" sump about 2-3 quarts of oil, no good

ogshotgun
02-02-2014, 01:56 AM

this pan is 6" to 7" the factory pan is 6" deep center sump only so .. also this s a 521" motor

SnoC653
02-02-2014, 02:00 AM

I understand the limitations of a deep pan under a RB block. But lets ponder what he has said already. If he has a 10* drive and a 7* strut, that puts the engine at 3* angle. Does his engine really look like it's at a 3* rise? I know how tight it would be to fit that pan under the 456 B block in the B boat with those angles. I'm thinking dry sump if I go that route just to get the block to fit.

ogshotgun
02-02-2014, 02:04 AM
if you run a pan lets say for a chevy 7" deep take away the 3" block thats a 4" sump about 2-3 quarts of oil, no good

also pan is almost on the floor of the boat just like the factory pan without moving anything ...

MrDenton
02-02-2014, 02:17 AM
So that was Stu's shop in the picture. Glad to see he's still working on boats.

He's still plugging away. Has more work than he has room for. http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/02/u3aby6y2.jpg
Here he is doing what he does.

In loving memory of

SnoC653
02-02-2014, 02:26 AM
well i am retired and joined the guard at a late age and yes thats my current rank e-3 which is better than e-0 lol and no thats not me in the boat a friend, as far as the setup its factory from Wreidt boats , the boat has the original stringers in it and the bolt holes are exactly the same no extra sets ,now if you take the headers off and the 10" tall air cleaners and the 10*71 blower it sits pretty low,, as far as the coupling on the driveshaft it has a casale adapter on the crank for a 1350 u joint and a casale adapter on the vdivd input for a 1350 u joint .. the strut is 10 degrees and a correction it has a 12 degree casale drive with 29 gears, i do not know the crankshaft angle at this time but the edelbrock motor plates are offset and both almost sit at the bottom of the stringer

That engine is still way up there. However, you should be more concerned about the 10* strut angle. If you want to use all the HP you said your engine makes, you need to do a serious upgrade to the driveline of your boat. You are planning to put close to 1000HP into a 80 or 90 MPH hull set up to be a 70 MPH hull at best. Now is when a conversation about boat building and rigging should start. There are a lot of very knowledgeable people here that can help you set that thing up right. Since you have the floors out, now would be a good time to consider it.

WESTERNAERO
02-02-2014, 09:14 AM
That engine is still way up there. However, you should be more concerned about the 10* strut angle. If you want to use all the HP you said your engine makes, you need to do a serious upgrade to the driveline of your boat. You are planning to put close to 1000HP into a 80 or 90 MPH hull set up to be a 70 MPH hull at best. Now is when a conversation about boat building and rigging should start. There are a lot of very knowledgeable people here that can help you set that thing up right. Since you have the floors out, now would be a good time to consider it.

SnoC, I agree that right now would be the time to change the strut and vdrive and all the geometry in there. But instead of this fucktard rant that you are on, why don't you explain to him why he should do this. Why do you "all knowing" vdrive guys treat this shit like it's some sort of secret? Quit bashing the dude and help him.
Yeah, he did start ranting about boating content, but that seems to be done now. But you're continuing to talk shit about his boat that he's obviously very passionate about. So quit fucking with him and teach him something or don't you know what the fuck you're talking about either? So please share with the class your knowledge if you have any.

gn7
02-02-2014, 09:47 AM
if you run a pan lets say for a chevy 7" deep take away the 3" block thats a 4" sump about 2-3 quarts of oil, no good

Not exactly. A 8" pan on a Chevy is a 10 qt pan. The oil level is just closer to the crank.

gn7
02-02-2014, 10:43 AM
I understand the limitations of a deep pan under a RB block. But lets ponder what he has said already. If he has a 10* drive and a 7* strut, that puts the engine at 3* angle. Does his engine really look like it's at a 3* rise? I know how tight it would be to fit that pan under the 456 B block in the B boat with those angles. I'm thinking dry sump if I go that route just to get the block to fit.

Its not just the pan. The B block is less than .200 taller than a standard BBC, but the RB is almost .500 taller than a CHEVY TRUCK!!!!! .400+ taller than a 460 Ford.
The RB is he tallest American V8. Only the 455 Olds come close, and its not dealing with a skirted block.
When you don't dry sump a RB, you're looking at one tall ass assembly to deal with and a crank a foot off the bottom of the boat.

SnoC653
02-02-2014, 10:46 PM
SnoC, I agree that right now would be the time to change the strut and vdrive and all the geometry in there. But instead of this fucktard rant that you are on, why don't you explain to him why he should do this. Why do you "all knowing" vdrive guys treat this shit like it's some sort of secret? Quit bashing the dude and help him.
Yeah, he did start ranting about boating content, but that seems to be done now. But you're continuing to talk shit about his boat that he's obviously very passionate about. So quit fucking with him and teach him something or don't you know what the fuck you're talking about either? So please share with the class your knowledge if you have any.
That's not a rant. That is pointing out the obvious to a flatbottom person. And reminding OG how much he still needs to learn. Remember he is the person that jumped into about a half dozen non-boating threads ranting about a lack of boating content. Posted several things which turned out not to be true. Made some blatantly ignorant statements such as the one in my signature line, and the waits until the flat smart people mostly all call it a night, then jumps on and makes post after post trying to impress himself, as nobody else thought it was clever.

If he wants to learn he need only ask and almost everyone will try to help. You asked questions and look how many answers you've already received. I never claimed to be a flat bottom guru, but just like going to school, if you pay attention you learn the answers to the common questions. And if you want to learn this is a great place to do it.

And if you think that I was shit talking his boat, hide and watch how the internet works. He has a nice flat, which I stated. It just isn't the end all be all of flats. I like my boats too, but that doesn't mean I need to say how great they are every other post.

Thanks GN7. Didn't realize how much taller the RB block really is. Now I'm going to have to make sure the motor swap on the cruiser will still fit under the cover.

HotWater
02-02-2014, 11:24 PM
Hey SnoC, why don't you post some pictures of that Biesemeyer you have. It's been awhile since I have seen anything about it. Do you still work on it?

ogshotgun
02-02-2014, 11:40 PM

i said its a 10 degree strut and 12 degree drive

ogshotgun
02-02-2014, 11:44 PM
i did consider it but the cost involved would out weigh putting that much in that hull.. it'll be a good 90 mph i have it on gps at 92.6 at elsinore before ... so it will do 90 when its back in the water...i seriously thought of a new hull with a runner bottom try try or similar but none of my rigging will fit and oh well aim getting old and its not a race boat its just a dependable fun boat ...

ogshotgun
02-02-2014, 11:47 PM
Its not just the pan. The B block is less than .200 taller than a standard BBC, but the RB is almost .500 taller than a CHEVY TRUCK!!!!! .400+ taller than a 460 Ford.
The RB is he tallest American V8. Only the 455 Olds come close, and its not dealing with a skirted block.
When you don't dry sump a RB, you're looking at one tall ass assembly to deal with and a crank a foot off the bottom of the boat.

just like a hemi block and there setting all the records not the bbc or the ford

ogshotgun
02-02-2014, 11:54 PM
That's not a rant. That is pointing out the obvious to a flatbottom person. And reminding OG how much he still needs to learn. Remember he is the person that jumped into about a half dozen non-boating threads ranting about a lack of boating content. Posted several things which turned out not to be true. Made some blatantly ignorant statements such as the one in my signature line, and the waits until the flat smart people mostly all call it a night, then jumps on and makes post after post trying to impress himself, as nobody else thought it was clever.

If he wants to learn he need only ask and almost everyone will try to help. You asked questions and look how many answers you've already received. I never claimed to be a flat bottom guru, but just like going to school, if you pay attention you learn the answers to the common questions. And if you want to learn this is a great place to do it.

And if you think that I was shit talking his boat, hide and watch how the internet works. He has a nice flat, which I stated. It just isn't the end all be all of flats. I like my boats too, but that doesn't mean I need to say how great they are every other post.

Thanks GN7. Didn't realize how much taller the RB block really is. Now I'm going to have to make sure the motor swap on the cruiser will still fit under the cover.
you guys are all too fn much lmao i wanted to hear about boats and talk about boats i post pictures of my project and you look like or not i don't care i like MY boat don't care what yopu think.. AND NEVER SAID I HAD THE BEST BOAT EVER, and never said how great it is lol in fact i got bashed for not having any comments what a whole !!! and its not even close to being fast but what i have is MY boat and its in the water every weekend of the summer ... at every boat race shined up and showing and always is a turn key start..in the magazine center spread and the calendar now going on the cover so lets keep bashing my piece of shit fn boat ... post your pictures everyone ... and i was making a point about the jet boat headers seeing if anyone reads lmao...i was tired of every new post being Facebook ...and my thread about my boat isn't a documentary on how to build a boat its pictures of what i have done with a few comments .. do i really need to post a picture of a trailer thats sandblasted and say "sandblasted"? or when i paint it its fn obvious what i did doesn't need a verbal description... but than again nobody else post there shit just bash the one who's brave and proud enough to share what a bunch of a holes !!!! and for such a piece of shit i have a pile of trophies and personally invited with a front row spot ny Lucas Oil and SCRC so it must be huge pile of junk...

gn7
02-02-2014, 11:56 PM
just like a hemi block and there setting all the records not the bbd or the ford

Did YOU just throw the wedge into the same heap as the hemi???? Honestly???
You have something you can back that foolish statement with?
I have been to a boat race or two in my days, and the wedge is NOT setting records, nor do I think it holds a single record it may have set DECADES ago.
In its hey day, it was a second rate engine to the 427 Ford FE and the RECORDS prove that out as well.

ogshotgun
02-03-2014, 12:00 AM
and i don't stay up waiting for you to go to sleep before i post take a look at my post they all are late at night maybe i have different hours a..holes

gn7
02-03-2014, 12:04 AM
and i don't stay up waiting for you to go to sleep before i post take a look at my post they all are late at night maybe i have different hours a..holes

WOW! and that was brought on because??? The voices in your head??

ogshotgun
02-03-2014, 12:51 AM
WOW! and that was brought on because??? The voices in your head??

that was for you

ogshotgun
02-03-2014, 12:52 AM
Did YOU just throw the wedge into the same heap as the hemi???? Honestly???
You have something you can back that foolish statement with?
I have been to a boat race or two in my days, and the wedge is NOT setting records, nor do I think it holds a single record it may have set DECADES ago.
In its hey day, it was a second rate engine to the 427 Ford FE and the RECORDS prove that out as well.
obviously your comprehension level is low.. i said they are the same height and the hemis are setting records .

gn7
02-03-2014, 01:37 AM
obviously your comprehension level is low.. i said they are the same height and the hemis are setting records .

If your talking about ANY gas class, blown or unblown, I think if you bother to look, you are very wrong. No hemis are sitting records anywhere in anything with the possible exception of a super stock class or 2 at the asphalt drags. I think you'll find waaaay more records held by Chevy than Mopar, in ALL motorsports, not just asphalt drags. Its not even a contest.
On fuel, yeah, but don't confuse those engines with ANYTHING Chrysler ever built. Far from it.

But this isn't a pissing match about horsepower now is it? I was merely stating that the block is extremely tall and the pan is pretty deep, and that combined it forces the engine to set very high in the boat. Nothing more.

HB Vic
02-03-2014, 07:15 AM
OG you wanted boating content, GN7 is almost pure boating yet you're giving him a hard time. He's a little grumpy on occasion and I don't understand his chip with DCB's, other than that he's a pretty good guy. And he's been there done that.

rioracr
02-03-2014, 08:42 AM
must be winter, some good info here and Westernareo has said it right, if a new person to boating started to read this thread they might think that if they asked a question they would get crap back, just remember when it was our turn to learn.....on that boat OG is doing it will not be a record setter but a nice ski pleasure boat at best, like everything tech has come a long way.....come on summer......:partyguy:

gn7
02-03-2014, 10:48 AM
OG you wanted boating content, GN7 is almost pure boating yet you're giving him a hard time. He's a little grumpy on occasion and I don't understand his chip with DCB's, other than that he's a pretty good guy. And he's been there done that.

Don't take the DCB thing to serious Vic, I dislike all pontoons equally. You should hear what I think of jets.:biggrin:

gn7
02-03-2014, 10:58 AM
must be winter, some good info here and Westernareo has said it right, if a new person to boating started to read this thread they might think that if they asked a question they would get crap back, just remember when it was our turn to learn.....on that boat OG is doing it will not be a record setter but a nice ski pleasure boat at best, like everything tech has come a long way.....come on summer......:partyguy:

Rule#1, If you either need help of advice or you just want people to look at your "hey look at me" thread on your boat, it would probably be best to not trash somebody else thread in an open discussion forum, and bitch. Then rant about others when they do join in your second "hey look at me" thread which so far has very little boat content and info from HIM. Just more ranting. He does best when he just post pictures.
Also, who said he was starting out. He seems to have all the answers and ZERO questions. He's NOT looking for advice he looking for attention.

Sharp shooter
02-03-2014, 11:20 AM
Rule#1, If you either need help of advice or you just want people to look at your "hey look at me" thread on your boat, it would probably be best to not trash somebody else thread in an open discussion forum, and bitch. Then rant about others when they do join in your second "hey look at me" thread which so far has very little boat content and info from HIM. Just more ranting. He does best when he just post pictures.
Also, who said he was starting out. He seems to have all the answers and ZERO questions. He's NOT looking for advice he looking for attention.

I have to agree with this.

ogshotgun
02-03-2014, 12:45 PM
If your talking about ANY gas class, blown or unblown, I think if you bother to look, you are very wrong. No hemis are sitting records anywhere in anything with the possible exception of a super stock class or 2 at the asphalt drags. I think you'll find waaaay more records held by Chevy than Mopar, in ALL motorsports, not just asphalt drags. Its not even a contest.
On fuel, yeah, but don't confuse those engines with ANYTHING Chrysler ever built. Far from it.

But this isn't a pissing match about horsepower now is it? I was merely stating that the block is extremely tall and the pan is pretty deep, and that combined it forces the engine to set very high in the boat. Nothing more.

well thank you fro that nothing i can do i am not going to put a chevy in a boat thats all set up its almost 45 years old and does a honest 90 good enough

ogshotgun
02-03-2014, 12:48 PM

wrong again not asking any questions because i have a Guy who knows it all or most and its best to keep one persons plans that a zoo of people every body has there own idea on what i should or shouldn't do...iam not building the worlds fastest boat or anything like that i am restoring a 45 year old flat bottom to better than new condition so hate away

ogshotgun
02-03-2014, 12:51 PM
I have to agree with this.

not looking for advice or attention just posting pictures of my progress and every one wants to bitch about my boat.. i said lets talk about boats,,, rather than about trains vegas a asphalt parking lot with a new speed bump.. just boats didn't want a thread of lets fuck with my boat and see what a piece of shit it is.. i still have not seen anyone talk about boats just talk shit about mine lmao a holes

HB Vic
02-03-2014, 12:52 PM
wrong again not asking any questions because i have a Guy who knows it all or most and its best to keep one persons plans that a zoo of people every body has there own idea on what i should or shouldn't do...iam not building the worlds fastest boat or anything like that i am restoring a 45 year old flat bottom to better than new condition so hate away

OG, the only boats Bob hates are DCB's :D

ogshotgun
02-03-2014, 12:54 PM

and yes i was talking about the blown fuel hydros .. yes i know not even close to the same thing but , the outside of the block has the same dimensions as my b/rb i can use some hemi parts bolt right on .. so its closer to a hemi block than any others is all i am saying..

ogshotgun
02-03-2014, 12:55 PM
OG, the only boats Bob hates are DCB's :D

seems that bob just hates boats and thats it ..

SnoC653
02-03-2014, 12:57 PM
Hey SnoC, why don't you post some pictures of that Biesemeyer you have. It's been awhile since I have seen anything about it. Do you still work on it?

Because I got married right after bringing it home and the new wife has a different priority (It would have helped if her boat that I had professionally painted had held up as well as the B boat). But, she understands I have a need to finish it, so I gather things I need for it and work on little things (without spending enough for her to notice). Nothing worth posting yet. Hopefully this year there will be serious progress.

i did consider it but the cost involved would out weigh putting that much in that hull.. it'll be a good 90 mph i have it on gps at 92.6 at elsinore before ... so it will do 90 when its back in the water...i seriously thought of a new hull with a runner bottom try try or similar but none of my rigging will fit and oh well aim getting old and its not a race boat its just a dependable fun boat ...

I know first hand what Stu charges to fill in the bottom so you can reset the strut angle and strut log. While he is doing the floors would be the time to do it. But, it's your boat and if you've had it safely up to 92 and that's all you want from it, do it however you want. As I said before, it's a nice looking boat. But if it's not safe and you get hurt, it affects all of us. So stay safe.

you guys are all too fn much lmao i wanted to hear about boats and talk about boats i post pictures of my project and you look like or not i don't care i like MY boat don't care what yopu think.. AND NEVER SAID I HAD THE BEST BOAT EVER, and never said how great it is lol in fact i got bashed for not having any comments what a whole !!! and its not even close to being fast but what i have is MY boat and its in the water every weekend of the summer ... at every boat race shined up and showing and always is a turn key start..in the magazine center spread and the calendar now going on the cover so lets keep bashing my piece of shit fn boat ... post your pictures everyone ... and i was making a point about the jet boat headers seeing if anyone reads lmao...i was tired of every new post being Facebook ...and my thread about my boat isn't a documentary on how to build a boat its pictures of what i have done with a few comments .. do i really need to post a picture of a trailer thats sandblasted and say "sandblasted"? or when i paint it its fn obvious what i did doesn't need a verbal description... but than again nobody else post there shit just bash the one who's brave and proud enough to share what a bunch of a holes !!!! and for such a piece of shit i have a pile of trophies and personally invited with a front row spot ny Lucas Oil and SCRC so it must be huge pile of junk...

Not knowing something isn't a bad thing. Refusing to admit when you are wrong speaks volumes (think about that every time you see my sig line). I used to know a woman cop that posed for Playboy. She sure did look good in the magazine, if she looked like that in person it would have been even better. Seeing a picture in a magazine doesn't impress me. Getting in a magazine is more about who you know and being at the right place at the right time. If that is what makes you happy, good for you. As for a front row spot at the drags, ewww shiney!!! The boats that can do are out on the course, having a few for the fans to look at is just good business if they look nice. Your boat did look nice. How many of the fans looking at the pretty boat, know if it's right or not? You wanted content in a tech form, that is usually about making things right, not just pretty.

And maybe you could have explained why you felt the need to sandblast the trailer, why you chose what paint you did. There is a lot of things that could have been said that might help someone else. I guess it depends on if you are posting to help others or make yourself feel good.

Yet those of us that were on that day saw you posting about RC cars (no boat content there, even though RC boats were mentioned). Were you too sleepy to move over to the thread you started complaining about a lack of content to add any? Or was there some other reason you avoided that thread until late at night? The I was sleeping explanation doesn't float. And yes I can be an A hole. Just be glad you didn't drill with me or you'd really know how true that could be.

It is winter, but if someone comes on with a genuine interest in learning they are treated very differently than someone who comes on and busts people's chops for not talking about what they want to talk about when they want to talk about it. As others have pointed out, OG doesn't want answers. He has them all, just ask him.

i said its a 10 degree strut and 12 degree drive
OG you posted originally that you had a 10 degree box, with a 10 degree strut there is no way that would work, but you realized that and corrected it to a 12 degree box. My problem is, I have serious doubts if you would know how to verify either of those. Why don't you post an explanation of how you verified what they are? That would be good boating content and would help someone else maybe learn to distinguish what they have.
You also stated you took a photo and were called out on it because it had a Watermark on it, eventually the original photographer admitted to taking the picture (did you loan them your cell phone to take the pics for the site?)
I also stated your headers look like jet boat headers, you say they aren't. Cool, I asked what angle your engine is at (no content from you regarding that), GN7 looked at the pics and said they look like jet boat headers because they are. Do you think it's possible you might have bought the wrong headers? Maybe they mistakenly shipped the wrong ones? And while I may be mistaken more than some on tech stuff about these boats, I can assure you that GN7 knows more than both of us and certainly knows what v-drive v.s. jet boat headers look like.

HB Vic
02-03-2014, 01:01 PM
seems that bob just hates boats and thats it ..

Negative. Just the opposite, he's very passionate about boats. That is very clear. To me anyway.

SnoC653
02-03-2014, 01:08 PM

Then you are only looking at the threads you want to see. There are 8 threads in V drives alone, not counting the two you are in, since the 1st. Today is the 3rd. Yep no boating content here. Why don't you post up who your answer person is, perhaps they'll weigh in since they have so much content that others could benefit from.

ogshotgun
02-03-2014, 01:20 PM
Because I got married right after bringing it home and the new wife has a different priority (It would have helped if her boat that I had professionally painted had held up as well as the B boat). But, she understands I have a need to finish it, so I gather things I need for it and work on little things (without spending enough for her to notice). Nothing worth posting yet. Hopefully this year there will be serious progress.

I know first hand what Stu charges to fill in the bottom so you can reset the strut angle and strut log. While he is doing the floors would be the time to do it. But, it's your boat and if you've had it safely up to 92 and that's all you want from it, do it however you want. As I said before, it's a nice looking boat. But if it's not safe and you get hurt, it affects all of us. So stay safe.

Not knowing something isn't a bad thing. Refusing to admit when you are wrong speaks volumes (think about that every time you see my sig line). I used to know a woman cop that posed for Playboy. She sure did look good in the magazine, if she looked like that in person it would have been even better. Seeing a picture in a magazine doesn't impress me. Getting in a magazine is more about who you know and being at the right place at the right time. If that is what makes you happy, good for you. As for a front row spot at the drags, ewww shiney!!! The boats that can do are out on the course, having a few for the fans to look at is just good business if they look nice. Your boat did look nice. How many of the fans looking at the pretty boat, know if it's right or not? You wanted content in a tech form, that is usually about making things right, not just pretty.

And maybe you could have explained why you felt the need to sandblast the trailer, why you chose what paint you did. There is a lot of things that could have been said that might help someone else. I guess it depends on if you are posting to help others or make yourself feel good.

Yet those of us that were on that day saw you posting about RC cars (no boat content there, even though RC boats were mentioned). Were you too sleepy to move over to the thread you started complaining about a lack of content to add any? Or was there some other reason you avoided that thread until late at night? The I was sleeping explanation doesn't float. And yes I can be an A hole. Just be glad you didn't drill with me or you'd really know how true that could be.

It is winter, but if someone comes on with a genuine interest in learning they are treated very differently than someone who comes on and busts people's chops for not talking about what they want to talk about when they want to talk about it. As others have pointed out, OG doesn't want answers. He has them all, just ask him.

OG you posted originally that you had a 10 degree box, with a 10 degree strut there is no way that would work, but you realized that and corrected it to a 12 degree box. My problem is, I have serious doubts if you would know how to verify either of those. Why don't you post an explanation of how you verified what they are? That would be good boating content and would help someone else maybe learn to distinguish what they have.
You also stated you took a photo and were called out on it because it had a Watermark on it, eventually the original photographer admitted to taking the picture (did you loan them your cell phone to take the pics for the site?)
I also stated your headers look like jet boat headers, you say they aren't. Cool, I asked what angle your engine is at (no content from you regarding that), GN7 looked at the pics and said they look like jet boat headers because they are. Do you think it's possible you might have bought the wrong headers? Maybe they mistakenly shipped the wrong ones? And while I may be mistaken more than some on tech stuff about these boats, I can assure you that GN7 knows more than both of us and certainly knows what v-drive v.s. jet boat headers look like.

i have verified the headers with rewarder thought the same thing .. rewarder calls them a bell end long tube up swept v drive header.. i had a pair of jet boat headers at first from a ebay ad saying they were off a drive but they were way up there almost a 45 degree angle unless i put them on backwards "hence my comment", as far as not knowing what degree everything is is false i made a mistake on the box and corrected it.. you ever make a mistake ? so now aim being held liable for a mistype which i did correct the v-drive is 12 degrees had it rebuilt at casale a whirl away installed and 29 gears and a new plate thats how i know its 12 degree,, now as far as the strut its stamped 10 degree in two places so is the shaft log ,, so thats how i know,, i have never checked the motor angle but i will when its all re rigged ,, yes plugging the hole in the bottom for the shaft and drilling a new hole is about 200 bucks not bad at all , now i need to flip the boat over and fill the strut and have that recut too maybe 250 , than a new strut , shaft log , prop shaft , v drive its over 5,000 bucks to change the angle the boat is stable aim not a racer and yes it sits at the races on the trailer all shiny , but i did not contact anybody about putting my boat in on or between anything they came to me,, itys not a billy b paint job its not a 140 mph runner bottom on alcohol its not a k-boat its a old wriest and its fine with me...i didn't put any picture comments because it will turn into a pissing match of i did it wrong or this or that ,, once again i am just redoing whats there not reinventing the wheel my friends..one thing i can say is un like most flats that sit on the trailer at the river or lake waiting for a perfect pass. i have mine on anchor all day all weekend in fact ill put it in aslip and leave it there over night .so some one looks at a picture of my upswept headers and says wow your engine is at a STEEP angle well look at the valve covers and make the same comment, i sand blasted the trailer because it had house paint about 1/4" thick.. didn't care to brag.

ogshotgun
02-03-2014, 01:25 PM
Then you are only looking at the threads you want to see. There are 8 threads in V drives alone, not counting the two you are in, since the 1st. Today is the 3rd. Yep no boating content here. Why don't you post up who your answer person is, perhaps they'll weigh in since they have so much content that others could benefit from.

hes not a a internet person and not on any forums i posted a picture of hull, and with that aim sure you can figure its the worlds fastest drag boat. and thats who i ask for advice..i did depend on the forum for advice when i first had a issue with fuel , and boy that was a mistake i got a comment from i need a stock fuel pump , a holley blue just before the carb to up the float pressure , drill 1/4" holes in the butterflies ..everthing rather than the carb guru sounds like your air bleeds are plugged .. so thats why i don't ask questions here!

ogshotgun
02-03-2014, 01:26 PM
i have verified the headers with rewarder thought the same thing .. rewarder calls them a bell end long tube up swept v drive header.. i had a pair of jet boat headers at first from a ebay ad saying they were off a drive but they were way up there almost a 45 degree angle unless i put them on backwards "hence my comment", as far as not knowing what degree everything is is false i made a mistake on the box and corrected it.. you ever make a mistake ? so now aim being held liable for a mistype which i did correct the v-drive is 12 degrees had it rebuilt at casale a whirl away installed and 29 gears and a new plate thats how i know its 12 degree,, now as far as the strut its stamped 10 degree in two places so is the shaft log ,, so thats how i know,, i have never checked the motor angle but i will when its all re rigged ,, yes plugging the hole in the bottom for the shaft and drilling a new hole is about 200 bucks not bad at all , now i need to flip the boat over and fill the strut and have that recut too maybe 250 , than a new strut , shaft log , prop shaft , v drive its over 5,000 bucks to change the angle the boat is stable aim not a racer and yes it sits at the races on the trailer all shiny , but i did not contact anybody about putting my boat in on or between anything they came to me,, itys not a billy b paint job its not a 140 mph runner bottom on alcohol its not a k-boat its a old wriest and its fine with me...i didn't put any picture comments because it will turn into a pissing match of i did it wrong or this or that ,, once again i am just redoing whats there not reinventing the wheel my friends..one thing i can say is un like most flats that sit on the trailer at the river or lake waiting for a perfect pass. i have mine on anchor all day all weekend in fact ill put it in aslip and leave it there over night .so some one looks at a picture of my upswept headers and says wow your engine is at a STEEP angle well look at the valve covers and make the same comment, i sand blasted the trailer because it had house paint about 1/4" thick.. didn't care to brag.

and he's the world champ because he doesn't share every single detail about his set up..

gn7
02-03-2014, 01:28 PM
not looking for advice or attention just posting pictures of my progress and every one wants to bitch about my boat.. i said lets talk about boats,,, rather than about trains vegas a asphalt parking lot with a new speed bump.. just boats didn't want a thread of lets fuck with my boat and see what a piece of shit it is.. i still have not seen anyone talk about boats just talk shit about mine lmao a holes

Nobody is bitching about your boat. Get over that. Any shit talk ISN'T about your boat, ITS ABOUT YOU!! Some factual statements were made, and they seem to offend you. Sorry if the truth butt hurts you.
Nobody suggested you change the engine, facts were made about using a tall deck Mopar with a deep pan, Facts were stated that there is a difference between jet boat headers and v drive headers, and it has NOTHING to do with the direction they face!!! And yes, those are jet boat headers. I can tell you the part number.
I am sure you have the best in the business DOING YOUR WORK FOR YOU. Good. Because from what I am reading, you need somebody.

As for the trains, vegas, asphalt parking lot, it was in a open discussion forum, and YOU felt it necessary to trash some threads to gain attention to your boat, thread in the v drive forum. Pretty pathetic really.

News flash for you OG, you said RDP was ALL BOATS ALL THE TIME. I take you never looked in the Lounge. Because that is no sandbox, that's a shit hole for assholes. There isn't a ounce of boat content in 50 pages of Lounge discussion. Same with PB in the Open Water forum. If bothers you, stay the fuck out of the sandbox. Nobody is forcing you to read anything anywhere on any site.

IF YOU have anything to say about boats and boating, lets hear it. So far, its all bitching about others, and very very very little about your boat, and what YOU are doing to it.

I along with a lot of others hear know how to read. This is a TECH section of the site, Not just a show and tell without the tell, This isn't Photobucket, or Flickr. How you like me to start an engine built thread that was all pictures and no info. You think that would be informative?

Like I said, its a "look at me" thread and it didn't go the way you wanted, BECAUSE OF THE WAY YOU STARTED IT!!!! Think about it.

ogshotgun
02-03-2014, 01:38 PM
Nobody is bitching about your boat. Get over that. Any shit talk ISN'T about your boat, ITS ABOUT YOU!! Some factual statements were made, and they seem to offend you. Sorry if the truth butt hurts you.
Nobody suggested you change the engine, facts were made about using a tall deck Mopar with a deep pan, Facts were stated that there is a difference between jet boat headers and v drive headers, and it has NOTHING to do with the direction they face!!! And yes, those are jet boat headers. I can tell you the part number.
I am sure you have the best in the business DOING YOUR WORK FOR YOU. Good. Because from what I am reading, you need somebody.

As for the trains, vegas, asphalt parking lot, it was in a open discussion forum, and YOU felt it necessary to trash some threads to gain attention to your boat, thread in the v drive forum. Pretty pathetic really.

News flash for you OG, you said RDP was ALL BOATS ALL THE TIME. I take you never looked in the Lounge. Because that is no sandbox, that's a shit hole for assholes. There isn't a ounce of boat content in 50 pages of Lounge discussion. Same with PB in the Open Water forum. If bothers you, stay the fuck out of the sandbox. Nobody is forcing you to read anything anywhere on any site.

IF YOU have anything to say about boats and boating, lets hear it. So far, its all bitching about others, and very very very little about your boat, and what YOU are doing to it.

I along with a lot of others hear know how to read. This is a TECH section of the site, Not just a show and tell without the tell, This isn't Photobucket, or Flickr. How you like me to start an engine built thread that was all pictures and no info. You think that would be informative?

Like I said, its a "look at me" thread and it didn't go the way you wanted, BECAUSE OF THE WAY YOU STARTED IT!!!! Think about it.

well aim sure you have the part number for jet boat headers its on there web site i have it too and the catalog too, the headers are stamped both of them on the flange with the part number it is MCHR 2020LV , like i said i had a pair off a jet boat it was part number MCHR 2020LJ they were way wrong like i said . also aim not doing a tech section never said that or inclined it..as far as the sandbar ,, the simple fact that when you go to the home page click on whats new and there isn't one boat comment for 100s of posts the sandbar over runs all else 10000 to 1 ,,,that it very simple , i could put some mud bog headers on there that stick straight up and aim sure it will turn into that with those headers it causes problems with rainy weather and .... so i have what rewarder makes for it they fit they don't leak and there paid for sorry you don't like them but i loved my zombies too but no lake did and my ears would ring after a cruise ...

ogshotgun
02-03-2014, 01:40 PM
well aim sure you have the part number for jet boat headers its on there web site i have it too and the catalog too, the headers are stamped both of them on the flange with the part number it is MCHR 2020LV , like i said i had a pair off a jet boat it was part number MCHR 2020LJ they were way wrong like i said . also aim not doing a tech section never said that or inclined it..as far as the sandbar ,, the simple fact that when you go to the home page click on whats new and there isn't one boat comment for 100s of posts the sandbar over runs all else 10000 to 1 ,,,that it very simple , i could put some mud bog headers on there that stick straight up and aim sure it will turn into that with those headers it causes problems with rainy weather and .... so i have what rewarder makes for it they fit they don't leak and there paid for sorry you don't like them but i loved my zombies too but no lake did and my ears would ring after a cruise ...

also my "look at me thread" as you put it was started by ???? umm not me, a staff member asking me to post pictures of my restoration on there web site ...to get more boaters on here

ogshotgun
02-03-2014, 01:44 PM
People who i ask for advice ,, Phil Bergeron , Jim Wilkes , Stu Swindell ,John at C&J carbs, bob at Vernes chrome plating , and Tina at sonic plating and Eddie Knox, thats my go to crew of people for my tech and believe me i ask a lot of questions

ogshotgun
02-03-2014, 01:46 PM
People who i ask for advice ,, Phil Bergeron , Jim Wilkes , Stu Swindell ,John at C&J carbs, bob at Vernes chrome plating , and Tina at sonic plating and Eddie Knox, thats my go to crew of people for my tech and believe me i ask a lot of questions

so lets get everyone to bash me about this too.. what is the best prop shaft material to run for a LH prop on a 1" shaft??? i was going to order a new k-22 shaft but aim sure someone needs to trash me on that so lets go boys!

WESTERNAERO
02-03-2014, 01:46 PM

Not GRADS??? He know alot about jet boats. :wink2:

ogshotgun
02-03-2014, 01:48 PM
so lets get everyone to bash me about this too.. what is the best prop shaft material to run for a LH prop on a 1" shaft??? i was going to order a new k-22 shaft but aim sure someone needs to trash me on that so lets go boys!

also i started a RC car thread because someone from hot boat posted a picture of my race car and it was taken down for not being a boat on a boating only web site.. and the site owner says its about what ever you want so i was testing his words and the rc cars turned into a long thread lol

ogshotgun
02-03-2014, 02:02 PM
Not GRADS??? He know alot about jet boats. :wink2:

i don't have a jet boat, i have a vdrive .. he may be on the list too if i was a water pumper lol

HB Vic
02-03-2014, 02:11 PM
also i started a RC car thread because someone from hot boat posted a picture of my race car and it was taken down for not being a boat on a boating only web site.. and the site owner says its about what ever you want so i was testing his words and the rc cars turned into a long thread lol

OG I'm not sure what you're talking about here. I am the owner and I did not take your picture or thread down. Members post about a lot of different stuff here. Sure this is a boating site, but we all do other things as well. If you want to put up pics of a RC car, please feel free to do so.

gn7
02-03-2014, 02:15 PM

I know absolutely nothing about k22 shaft material nor have I heard of it. What did your crew tell you?

gn7
02-03-2014, 02:16 PM
OC I'm not sure what you're talking about here. I am the owner and I did not take your picture or thread down. Members post about a lot of different stuff here. Sure this is a boating site, but we all do other things as well. If you want to put up pics of a RC car, please feel free to do so.

Wanna bet it was water marked????:action-smiley-069:

HB Vic
02-03-2014, 02:18 PM
Wanna bet it was water marked????:action-smiley-069:

Well if it was watermarked from another site or another person from whom we do not have permission to post, then yes, it would have been taken down. Thank you for reminding me.

CampbellCarl
02-03-2014, 02:23 PM

Please tell us more about your zombies.... must be something new...

WESTERNAERO
02-03-2014, 02:25 PM
I know absolutely nothing about k22 shaft material nor have I heard of it. What did your crew tell you?

I think he means AQ22 (aquamet).

ogshotgun
02-03-2014, 02:26 PM
OG I'm not sure what you're talking about here. I am the owner and I did not take your picture or thread down. Members post about a lot of different stuff here. Sure this is a boating site, but we all do other things as well. If you want to put up pics of a RC car, please feel free to do so.

i did post the picture of my RC cars and have gotten crap about it lol...iam done

ogshotgun
02-03-2014, 02:27 PM

aquamet 22

ogshotgun
02-03-2014, 02:28 PM
Please tell us more about your zombies.... must be something new...

auto spell Zoomies

gn7
02-03-2014, 02:31 PM
So far, we have 12 pages of a thread that is suppose to be about boats, and its almost all non boating.
I think I am done with this "boating thread" It reads like a boating thread Grads started

ogshotgun
02-03-2014, 02:31 PM
I think he means AQ22 (aquamet).

yes aqua met 22 , depends who you talk too , the steel manufactures call it kmonel 22, i was under the impression kmonel was more nickel i really don't know thats why i ask,, and my list of people have mixed opinions
one says 18 the other 22 and the third says kmonel 500 .. so i ask the ?

ogshotgun
02-03-2014, 02:33 PM
So far, we have 12 pages of a thread that is suppose to be about boats, and its almost all non boating.
I think I am done with this "boating thread" It reads like a boating thread Grads started

aim sure the sand bar will have much more boating ,, i ask a ? about prop shafts no one answers .. i am sure when i post what i did buy , everyone will bash it with there biggest hammers they have ... typical lmao...

ogshotgun
02-03-2014, 02:34 PM
Well if it was watermarked from another site or another person from whom we do not have permission to post, then yes, it would have been taken down. Thank you for reminding me.

the photos of my 53 studebaker were posted by Nick Rose got bad comments than they were removed.. very simple we talked about that already Vic

WESTERNAERO
02-03-2014, 02:35 PM
yes aqua met 22 , depends who you talk too , the steel manufactures call it kmonel 22, i was under the impression kmonel was more nickel i really don't know thats why i ask,, and my list of people have mixed opinions
one says 18 the other 22 and the third says kmonel 500 .. so i ask the ?

Aquamet and Monel are trade names.
AQ22, AQ22HS, AQ19, AQ17 and nickle 500(K500) are the material types.

HB Vic
02-03-2014, 02:39 PM
the photos of my 53 studebaker were posted by Nick Rose got bad comments than they were removed.. very simple we talked about that already Vic

Threads or posts that get bad comments are not removed simply because they got bad comments. I'm not saying yours did, I can't even find the thread. So again, I'm not sure what you're talking about.

MrDenton
02-03-2014, 02:44 PM
Can I add some boating content here?
AQ22, AQ22HS, AQ19, AQ17 and K500. What are the differences, how can I tell what,if any if those, I might have. As some know, I own the former SS/PS8 Mango Madness. I bought it from Darner less engine and trailer. Just curious what I might have/need.
I'm planning on sending the rudder, props and shaft out for X-ray. Any suggestions on where to send them in the SoCal/Corona area?

In loving memory of

WESTERNAERO
02-03-2014, 02:51 PM
AQ22, AQ22HS, AQ19, AQ17 and K500. What are the differences, how can I tell what,if any if those, I might have. As some know, I own the former SS/PS8 Mango Madness. I bought it from Darner less engine and trailer. Just curious what I might have/need.
I'm planning on sending the rudder, props and shaft out for X-ray. Any suggestions on where to send them in the SoCal/Corona area?

In loving memory of

Differences are strength. You can have it tested to find out but you're going to loose an inch off the shaft to do that.

MrDenton
02-03-2014, 02:54 PM
Can't afford an inch. I'll contact Darner. Thanks.

In loving memory of

SnoC653
02-03-2014, 02:58 PM

That is because it takes some people 12 posts to reply to a single post. I'm waiting for OG to tell us how valuable he is to the site because he has X number of posts. Not because he loves to hear himself talk, but because people have asked him to post. :smackhead

SnoC653
02-03-2014, 03:00 PM

In loving memory of

That would be the best method. Non-destructive testing can tell you if it has cracks and such, but not what it is.

gn7
02-03-2014, 03:01 PM

In loving memory of

first, I would asked Darner what is in the boat.
Second, yes slight color difference between Monel and some Aquamets and 316. Hard to explain how you tell over the internet.
Maybe Westernaero can help, he works with exotic alloys for a living.

Not sure its necessary to have your stuff X rayed. Wet mag will usually tell you what you need to know, unless some of it is stainless.
X ray is great for looking for inclusions when it was forged or welded. I don't think you are looking for that are you.
Cracks tend to form on the surface first, and wet magging will detect those pretty well. Reading X rays can be a art form, and its not a whole lot easier to see a hairline crack in X ray than on the object itself.

MrDenton
02-03-2014, 03:08 PM
Wet mag? At Irvine last year I watched a TFH team member spraying stuff on the props then some other stuff. Said he was looking for cracks.
Yes Bob, cracks are what I'm looking for.

In loving memory of

WESTERNAERO
02-03-2014, 03:14 PM
500 will be slightly darker/grey than AQ22. Unless you have the 2 material right next to each other you won't be able to tell.
K500 on the left, 2507 Duplex(very close to AQ22) on the right.

ogshotgun
02-03-2014, 03:18 PM
Threads or posts that get bad comments are not removed simply because they got bad comments. I'm not saying yours did, I can't even find the thread. So again, I'm not sure what you're talking about.
it was removed lol that why you can't find it lol

ogshotgun
02-03-2014, 03:20 PM

In loving memory of

greg i had a race team with there equipment check mine for but i do trust Gary at wimington propeller may want to call him buddy

WESTERNAERO
02-03-2014, 03:21 PM
Denton, you might put a magnet to the shaft first. If it's lightly magnetic then it's most likely AQ17(17-4PH H1150).

ogshotgun
02-03-2014, 03:21 PM

In loving memory of

there ARE LOCAL SHOPS THAT HAVE A DYE LIQUID THEY APPLY AND IT TELLS THEM EXACTLY WHAT IT IS..

ogshotgun
02-03-2014, 03:24 PM
Wet mag? At Irvine last year I watched a TFH team member spraying stuff on the props then some other stuff. Said he was looking for cracks.

In loving memory of

its a two part dye one soaks in the other brings out the crack

gn7
02-03-2014, 03:26 PM

In loving memory of

We use crack detector on our prop, mainly because it stainless and can't be mag'd. Its great for in the field use, like a fuel hydro between rounds. You can get at Granger or Mc Master Carr.

That is not wet mag. Wet mag involves magnetizing the part and magnetic dust in a solution that the part is either dip in or it is sprayed on an the particles will adhere to the crack due to north/south at the crack, and are detectable under a black light. Dry mag is similar except it is dry power and it leave a white line that can harder to see if the crack is very short and thin.

ogshotgun
02-03-2014, 03:30 PM

just got off the phone with the girl at rewarder headers she says the only difference between the long jet boat headers and the v drive headers are the water lines .. so what can you say about that ???

SnoC653
02-03-2014, 03:31 PM

LOL wise delete. You are too in love with hearing yourself ramble.

I'd say if you don't know what you're talking about, you'll believe anything.

ogshotgun
02-03-2014, 03:33 PM
Denton, you might put a magnet to the shaft first. If it's lightly magnetic then it's most likely AQ17(17-4PH H1150).

what would you recommend for my flat ?

ogshotgun
02-03-2014, 03:34 PM
LOL wise delete. You are too in love with hearing yourself ramble.

I'd say if you don't know what you're talking about, you'll believe anything.

too bad you don't know what your talking about lol it was my drag car that was deleted not my comment about the dye lol

HB Vic
02-03-2014, 03:37 PM
I would hate to lock a thread that actually has a lot of good boating content. But I will if I have to.

I'm not sure what exactly is going on here, but it really needs to stop before it escalates.

I would kind of expect this in a Grads thread but I'm a little surprised to see it here.

Lets play nice please.

Thank you,
HB

SnoC653
02-03-2014, 03:38 PM
too bad you don't know what your talking about lol it was my drag car that was deleted not my comment about the dye lol

And now you want me to believe you didn't just post a "fine then I won't post any more" thread and then delete it? You are dumber than a box of rocks. And the site owner probably has a record of all threads deleted or not. So if Hotboat can't find it, what does that tell you? Of course why should he waste his time looking up drivel to appease you?

Edit: Sorry HB was busy replying while you were posting. I'm done with him, there is only so much you can point out and he apparently won't get it.

WESTERNAERO
02-03-2014, 03:42 PM
what would you recommend for my flat ?

Recommend for what, a prop shaft? I recommend you break out your wallet. :biggrin:
I think Bob and I greed that K500 was a wise choice over on PB or it could have been here, I don't remember.
Honestly, I feel the machining of the shaft is more important than the material type, as long as you go with a good material.

2manymustangs
02-03-2014, 03:45 PM
Can't afford to loose another inch. I'll contact Darner. Thanks.

In loving memory of

Amen brother... :)

gn7
02-03-2014, 03:49 PM
I would hate to lock a thread that actually has a lot of good boating content. But I will if I have to.

I'm not sure what exactly is going on here, but it really needs to stop before it escalates.

I would kind of expect this in a Grads thread but I'm a little surprised to see it here.

Lets play nice please.

Thank you,
HB

Vic, if you go around locking down every thread you don't agree with, the sites in deep shit. Boat TECH is not and never will be all kumbaya like you like it to be.
OG comes out firing on the crowd, and you want everybody to put away the AR15s. Fuck that!
He has bitched about wanting a boat discussion, here is a boat discussion,
I couldn't help notice looking at his post history, that EVERY SINGLE post of his is in a thread about HIM and HIS boat, Not single post outside that EXCEPT to trash some threads in open discussion,
He has added NOTHING to this forum outside his own boat. Who the fuck is he to trash anybody about not discussing boats in an open discussion forum. All he knows how to do is talk about HIS boat, and the anything else is actually factually WRONG.

I said this earlier, if Grads was going to start a boat related thread, this would be it.

MrDenton
02-03-2014, 03:50 PM
All good info, thanks.

In loving memory of

gn7
02-03-2014, 03:57 PM
Recommend for what, a prop shaft? I recommend you break out your wallet. :biggrin:
I think Bob and I greed that K500 was a wise choice over on PB or it could have been here, I don't remember.
Honestly, I feel the machining of the shaft is more important than the material type, as long as you go with a good material.

I think it was discussed on both sites. I agree, machining is EXTEREMLY important. Not the accuracy like some might imagine, but the process, technique, method, is by far more important than most even realize,
If I was to run a AQ22 shaft, I would get it thru Marine Machining and Manufacturing, only because they make more AQ22 shafts than anybody, and they have fully computerized machines setup that take into consideration the material, the diameter, the taper angle and adjusts the spindle speed as well as the feed speed for each situation.

I truly believe some of the failures experienced at the 336 enduro were very possibly due to manufacturing/machining.

MrDenton
02-03-2014, 04:02 PM
Darner told me that every piece of rigging came from Bergeron, their site sucks for mobile use, what shafts do they sell to race teams.
As for the rudder and props, what would you use to inspect them?

In loving memory of

HB Vic
02-03-2014, 04:05 PM
Vic, if you go around locking down every thread you don't agree with, the sites in deep shit. Boat TECH is not and never will be all kumbaya like you like it to be.
OG comes out firing on the crowd, and you want everybody to put away the AR15s. Fuck that!
I couldn't help notice looking at his post history, that EVERY SINGLE post of his is in a thread about HIM and HIS boat, Not single post outside that EXCEPT to trash some threads in open discussion,
He has added NOTHING to this forum outside his own boat. Who the fuck is he to trash anybody about not discussing boats in an open discussion forum. All he knows how to do is talk about HIS boat, and the anything else is actually factually WRONG.

I said this earlier, if Grads was going to start a boat related thread, this would be it.

GN I never said I didn't agree with the thread, I do not agree with the name calling. Never said I wanted this thread or this site to be kumbaya, but I have always said I do not want members to insult other members, or trash others boats. I understand there will be a certain amount of badgering, its a Ford vs Chevy thing, V vs OD, Cat vs. V, etc. I get that and I have no problem with it. To be honest, very few threads around here get locked.

But lets please keep it semi civilized. We're all boaters. Regardless of what type of boat we own or operate, they're all boats. And at the end of the day, no matter if its a V or jet or tanker, most of us would help the other if they asked for help.

And I think its obvious when OG is doing and I'm surprised you guys are letting him get the best of you :D

gn7
02-03-2014, 04:05 PM
Wet mag?
In loving memory of

Differences are strength. You can have it tested to find out but you're going to loose an inch off the shaft to do that.

In loving memory of

there ARE LOCAL SHOPS THAT HAVE A DYE LIQUID THEY APPLY AND IT TELLS THEM EXACTLY WHAT IT IS..

You keep posting OG, This shit gets better by all the time.
Westernaero, has to be on the floor rolling by now,.

WESTERNAERO
02-03-2014, 04:11 PM
Westernaero, has to be on the floor rolling by now,.

I'm not saying anything...............

WESTERNAERO
02-03-2014, 04:19 PM
Darner told me that every piece of rigging came from Bergeron, their site sucks for mobile use, what shafts do they sell to race teams.

In loving memory of
Do a search for dye penn kit. You'll find what you need.

gn7
02-03-2014, 04:21 PM
GN I never said I didn't agree with the thread, I do not agree with the name calling.

And I think its obvious when OG is doing and I'm surprised you guys are letting him get the best of you :D

I didn't see any name calling, but if there was, it should stop, I agree.
This is not my or anybody else's first thread, or first LAM thread. We are all big boys here. he's not getting the best of anybody. But some of us sure as hell are learning a lot about him.
Like I said, his previous posts were all about him and his boat with near no context. I am beginning to understand why. He is better off not writing.

HB Vic
02-03-2014, 04:23 PM
I didn't see any name calling, but if there was, it should stop, I agree.
This is not my or anybody else's first thread, or first LAM thread. We are all big boys here. he's not getting the best of anybody. But some of us sure as hell are learning a lot about him.
Like I said, his previous posts were all about him and his boat with near no context. I am beginning to understand why. He is better off not writing.

Ok GN, but it sure did look a couple times to me he was getting under your skin LOL

Yeah I deleted at least one post. Looks like I caught it before anyone saw it :D

Are you going to Puddingstone?? One of us needs to buy the other a beer :D

gn7
02-03-2014, 04:26 PM

In loving memory of

Do a search for dye penn kit. You'll find what you need.
Bergeron sells Aquamet shafts, in 19 and 22 depending on the power level the customers wants.
Denton, I use this setup from mc MasterCarr, and it works pretty well. Found a cracked prop with it, and have used it on parts I knew to be cracked previously just to test it.

http://www.mcmaster.com/#crack-detectors/=qje8ip

I would still consider wet magging the rudder, and the strut if and when you have them out.
The rudder needs to be checked around the area where the shaft meets the blade, and the whole strut should be checked.

WESTERNAERO
02-03-2014, 04:48 PM
Bergeron sells Aquamet shafts, in 19 and 22 depending on the power level the customers wants.
Denton, I use this setup from mc MasterCarr, and it works pretty well. Found a cracked prop with it, and have used it on parts I knew to be cracked previously just to test it.

http://www.mcmaster.com/#crack-detectors/=qje8ip

I would still consider wet magging the rudder, and the strut if and when you have them out.
The rudder needs to be checked around the area where the shaft meets the blade, and the whole strut should be checked.

What kit are you talking about Bob? There are 3 on that page and they are all different.

ogshotgun
02-03-2014, 04:57 PM

i was told the aqua met 22 over the k monel ,, just trying to get the best one or the right one the first time ,, was told not a fact that the k-500 may be too brittle to use at the river that the aqua met 22 has a little more give ...ie hitting a piece of driftwood or something since this is a river boat not a racer ..

ogshotgun
02-03-2014, 05:00 PM

I said this earlier, if Grads was going to start a boat related thread, this would be it. i could go in here and talk about some one else's bot but why ,, and you are right i talk about my boat because thats what i have lets talk about my prop shaft instead

ogshotgun
02-03-2014, 05:02 PM
I think it was discussed on both sites. I agree, machining is EXTEREMLY important. Not the accuracy like some might imagine, but the process, technique, method, is by far more important than most even realize,
If I was to run a AQ22 shaft, I would get it thru Marine Machining and Manufacturing, only because they make more AQ22 shafts than anybody, and they have fully computerized machines setup that take into consideration the material, the diameter, the taper angle and adjusts the spindle speed as well as the feed speed for each situation.

I truly believe some of the failures experienced at the 336 enduro were very possibly due to manufacturing/machining.

wow thank you so much this is what i was looking for someone with the right answer and from all the research i have done its all in the machining thank you i will contact them soon

WESTERNAERO
02-03-2014, 05:03 PM
i was told the aqua met 22 over the k monel ,, just trying to get the best one or the right one the first time ,, was told not a fact that the k-500 may be too brittle to use at the river that the aqua met 22 has a little more give ...ie hitting a piece of driftwood or something since this is a river boat not a racer ..

They are both good materials. You're not trying to rotate the world, so I would get which ever is going to be cheaper. K500 is ONLY brittle if machined incorrectly.

ogshotgun
02-03-2014, 05:05 PM

In loving memory of
Chris "Church Mouse" Blevenswhen i spoke to them he recommend the aqua met22 , Phil is hard to get on the phone"hint call after hours hell answer , Brian is usually very good and yes there web site could be easier to navigate , i found it easier to use the price list its much more complete

ogshotgun
02-03-2014, 05:08 PM
Westernaero, has to be on the floor rolling by now,.you can go to bob barnes at vernes chrome plating he has 30 plus in metallurgy i believe is what he said, he has a liquid he puts on any metal and it tells him what it is .. i didn't invent this stuff just saw it in action and sharing what i found ,, also didn't mean to use all caps ..

ogshotgun
02-03-2014, 05:15 PM
They are both good materials. You're not trying to rotate the world, so I would get which ever is going to be cheaper. K500 is ONLY brittle if machined incorrectly. do you agree with the shop GN7 recommends? or do you have a place to recommend i do understand theres a difference i don't understand it at all but i do trust what you say and what GN7 says about it , the k500 is about 250-300 more and glenwood marine sells it .. i do not trust there machining myself , but thats just me.

gn7
02-03-2014, 05:28 PM
you can go to bob barnes at vernes chrome plating he has 30 plus in metallurgy i believe is what he said, he has a liquid he puts on any metal and it tells him what it is .. i didn't invent this stuff just saw it in action and sharing what i found ,, also didn't mean to use all caps ..

I know Bob quite well, He did all the chrome on two street rods I built over 30 years ago as well as a few things I my boats. I don't think he has any such thing magic liquid or spray.

The post with these pictures posted 11-09-13, had written with them, up until today at 1:37 PM that these parts were ready to go for type III hard anodizing. WTF happened there. Did Bob pour some magic liquid on them and tell you that wasn't going to happen with these parts?
Like I said OG, you keep posting words and less pictures, and you are just reaffirming what some of us already know

http://www.hotboat.com/frm/attachment.php?attachmentid=24773&stc=1&d=1384050555
http://www.hotboat.com/frm/attachment.php?attachmentid=24774&stc=1&d=1384050671
http://www.hotboat.com/frm/attachment.php?attachmentid=24775&stc=1&d=1384050783

ogshotgun
02-03-2014, 05:53 PM
I know Bob quite well, He did all the chrome on two street rods I built over 30 years ago as well as a few things I my boats. I don't think he has any such thing magic liquid or spray.

The post with these pictures posted 11-09-13, had written with them, up until today at 1:37 PM that these parts were ready to go for type III hard anodizing. WTF happened there. Did Bob pour some magic liquid on them and tell you that wasn't going to happen with these parts?
Like I said OG, you keep posting words and less pictures, and you are just reaffirming what some of us already know

http://www.hotboat.com/frm/attachment.php?attachmentid=24773&stc=1&d=1384050555
http://www.hotboat.com/frm/attachment.php?attachmentid=24774&stc=1&d=1384050671
http://www.hotboat.com/frm/attachment.php?attachmentid=24775&stc=1&d=1384050783
what i said was i had part ready to go to be hard type111 anodized and powder coated all these were polished and clear coated they look nice don't they ? did you look at the pictures of the black hard anodizing they look great too, and the powder coating was a exact match to my boat color very happy with the way they turned out.. not too happy with your abuse but its ok your old and grumpy i get it lol

ogshotgun
02-03-2014, 05:55 PM
323423234332344323453234632347for some reason you grab a few pictures out of many and add to it lol heres the rest of the photos you missed , and bob does not do anodizing of any type but you already know that and aim sure will throw that soon enough , i called bob and asked about his magic liquid he said " it was something he mad 20 years ago to tell the metal type , and that it won't break down all different metals within a given family but it works for his purpose .. my mistake sorry ..

Sonic Plating did the hard anodizing
Vernes did the powder coating, polishing, and chrome ... he does not do anodizing at all

ogshotgun
02-03-2014, 06:09 PM
survey is that my aqua met 17 shaft will be sent out for mag inspection and if all is good goes back in.. thanks kevin

WESTERNAERO
02-03-2014, 06:13 PM
All right, I'm going to put this out there again but I'm not going into longwinded detail again.

AQ17 is the same as 17-4PH (H1150 condition)..............................135,000 PSI tensile, 105,000 tension, 70,000 torsion
AQ22 is Nitronic 50 With a slightly different H/T process..................145,000 PSI tensile, 130,000 tension, 86,000 torsion
K Monel is nickel 500 or K500.............................................. ........145,000 PSI tensile, 110,000 tension

These materials are all subject to work hardening if not machined correctly. They can get micro stress cracks and fail.

gn7
02-03-2014, 07:00 PM
All right, I'm going to put this out there again but I'm not going into longwinded detail again.

AQ17 is the same as 17-4PH (H1150 condition)..............................135,000 PSI tensile, 105,000 tension, 70,000 torsion
AQ22 is Nitronic 50 With a slightly different H/T process..................145,000 PSI tensile, 130,000 tension, 86,000 torsion
K Monel is nickel 500 or K500.............................................. ........145,000 PSI tensile, 110,000 tension

These materials are all subject to work hardening if not machined correctly. They can get micro stress cracks and fail.

Both the machining of the key way and well as the taper. Specially if the spindle speed at the large end of the taper is too fast for the diameter.
I am still suspect that were seen at the enduro may have been the result of machining,

ogshotgun
02-03-2014, 07:04 PM
Both the machining of the key way and well as the taper. Specially if the spindle speed at the large end of the taper is too fast for the diameter.
I am still suspect that were seen at the enduro may have been the result of machining, i went to the company you had mentioned and i had them picked as my supplier if i got a new one now its confirmed thanks for the help

WESTERNAERO
02-03-2014, 07:16 PM
I am still suspect that were seen at the enduro may have been the result of machining,

Constant surface foot.

ogshotgun
02-03-2014, 07:41 PM
Well that should prove to be a trick in itself right there. Good luck with that.
would you care to elaborate ?

WESTERNAERO
02-03-2014, 07:45 PM
would you care to elaborate ?

He's talking about magnetic properties of stainless. However 17-4 is magnetic.

gn7
02-03-2014, 08:00 PM
He's talking about magnetic properties of stainless. However 17-4 is magnetic.

It is, but I have never had very good luck magging it.
I also find it interesting he is feeding a blown BB Mopar thru a 1" AQ 17 shaft.

WESTERNAERO
02-03-2014, 08:03 PM
I also find it interesting he is feeding a blown BB Mopar thru a 1" AQ 17 shaft.

I think it's the shaft that was in it when he got it.

Sharp shooter
02-03-2014, 08:07 PM
Are you one of these guys OG? :cool

ogshotgun
02-03-2014, 08:12 PM
its whats in the boat when i bought it, i am asking what to use for the boat, why can't you just help without your bs ????????? when i bought the boat it had a bone stock 440 with a tunnel ram that wouldn't run it was all wrong i built the blower motor and this is what i have now, so either lend a hand or educate or just be quiet please its very annoying

ogshotgun
02-03-2014, 08:13 PM

yes i am one of these guys lets see my boat is sponsored by NRI so lets see which you guess is me ,, and why ?

ogshotgun
02-03-2014, 08:17 PM
Wendi introduced me to him at the New Port Cruise I think he is the one on the left side of his boat.

ok so iask again why is so important to find out what i look like ?

ogshotgun
02-03-2014, 08:21 PM

now i have a question for admin.. you said no photos watermarked by anyone other than hot boat.. why is this drive video picture up here

HB Vic
02-03-2014, 08:23 PM
now i have a question for admin.. you said no photos watermarked by anyone other than hot boat.. why is this drive video picture up here

I have permission from the good people at Vdrive.

ogshotgun
02-03-2014, 08:23 PM
Like I said, you are more than welcome to post up just about anything you'd like, as long as it isn't nudity, porn, or watermarked from some other site.

ChumpChange
02-03-2014, 08:24 PM
Is the guy on the right the Captain if the Sea Shepherd? :D

HB Vic
02-03-2014, 08:24 PM
Like I said, you are more than welcome to post up just about anything you'd like, as long as it isn't nudity, porn, or watermarked from some other site.

I think you misquoted me OG. I said unless I have permission. I have permission.

ChumpChange
02-03-2014, 08:25 PM

Isn't that Sharp Shooter?

ogshotgun
02-03-2014, 08:25 PM

i have a question what is the intention to post my picture on here, but whatever the reason i hope its for the good with no other intentions .... and i have a feelings its up there for all the wrong reasons

ogshotgun
02-03-2014, 08:26 PM
Is the guy on the right the Captain if the Sea Shepherd? :D

the guy on the right is a pasadena sheriff the guy on the left is US Army retired

HB Vic
02-03-2014, 08:26 PM
i have a question what is the intention to post my picture on here, but whatever the reason i hope its for the good with no other intentions .... and i have a feelings its up there for all the wrong reasons

OG I did not post it. If the OP would like it remove he can remove it. If its been quoted and he would like to remove it, I will remove the quoted pics.

ChumpChange
02-03-2014, 08:27 PM
Your boat is more obvious than you. Don't let the Internet banter get the best of you. It's amazing how things turn civil in person.

ogshotgun
02-03-2014, 08:27 PM
I think you misquoted me OG. I said unless I have permission. I have permission.

its right from your email no mis quote cut and paste lol.. see even you are not perfect lol

HB Vic
02-03-2014, 08:29 PM
its right from your email no mis quote cut and paste lol.. see even you are not perfect lol

Thanks OG, I never said I was perfect.

But there are many threads and posts on this site in regard to watermarking. It isn't a secret. If you'd like to get permission from RD and PB to allow me to post their watermarked pics, please go right ahead.

ogshotgun
02-03-2014, 08:30 PM
OG I did not post it. If the OP would like it remove he can remove it. If its been quoted and he would like to remove it, I will remove the quoted pics.

i know you did not post just trying to figure the reason behind there motive, after all the BS this thread has gone thru i feel its for the wrong reason to make me a face in the boat crowd, to people who are not my fans just not a good feeling that now ill have to carry at all boat shows for my own personal protection

ChumpChange
02-03-2014, 08:32 PM
....... to people who are not my fans just not a good feeling that now ill have to carry at all boat shows for my own personal protection

lol. Nothing to worry about there.

SnoC653
02-03-2014, 08:33 PM

yes i am one of these guys lets see my boat is sponsored by NRI so lets see which you guess is me ,, and why ?

You are the one on the left. You've previously stated that the one on the right wasn't you. He was the person driving your boat in a previous photo. The guard hat you are wearing is also a good clue.

HB Vic
02-03-2014, 08:34 PM
i know you did not post just trying to figure the reason behind there motive, after all the BS this thread has gone thru i feel its for the wrong reason to make me a face in the boat crowd, to people who are not my fans just not a good feeling that now ill have to carry at all boat shows for my own personal protection

OG since you feel so strongly about it I have removed the photos. But I can't control who has them or where they post them. And I may not be able to keep them off this site. I personally don't think you have anything to worry about. The guys posting here are no threat to you.

ogshotgun
02-03-2014, 08:35 PM
lol. Nothing to worry about there. after some of the comments from phone calls from friends of friends that i better watch my back its a bit disturbing to find my picture posted and everyone wants to know which is me.. so ill tell all of you iam a MP at Los Alamitos JFTB ... any body wants to talk aim on post wed thru sat every week from 0600 to 1800 easy to find aim at the gate ...

gn7
02-03-2014, 08:36 PM
its whats in the boat when i bought it, i am asking what to use for the boat, why can't you just help without your bs ????????? when i bought the boat it had a bone stock 440 with a tunnel ram that wouldn't run it was all wrong i built the blower motor and this is what i have now, so either lend a hand or educate or just be quiet please its very annoying

I did I know this was going to come sooner or later. You trashed people in the open forum minding their own business, and then argue with anybody and everybody, and yet still expect everybody to play nice when you what some info.

If you go with the Aquamet, I would get nothing less than 19, and 22 would be better, and I would get it from the place I posted.
There are other places that sell 22 shafts and I no doubt you know of at least one of them. However, in my book, there have been too many AQ22 very premature failures and nobody seems to be able to explain why. Material source or machining??? Makes NO DIFFERENCE to me, they ALL came from the same place, that a common denominator I would prefer to avoid,
I prefer K monel, but the supplier I was getting shafts from has passed away since making mine, I am not sure at this time where I would suggest getting one.

ogshotgun
02-03-2014, 08:36 PM
You are the one on the left. You've previously stated that the one on the right wasn't you. He was the person driving your boat in a previous photo. The guard hat you are wearing is also a good clue.you mean the NRI hat my sponsor nick rose insurance ?

ogshotgun
02-03-2014, 08:40 PM
I did I know this was going to come sooner or later. You trashed people in the open forum minding their own business, and then argue with anybody and everybody, and yet still expect everybody to play nice when you what some info.

If you go with the Aquamet, I would get nothing less than 19, and 22 would be better, and I would get it from the place I posted.
There are other places that sell 22 shafts and I no doubt you know of at least one of them. However, in my book, there have been too many AQ22 very premature failures and nobody seems to be able to explain why. Material source or machining??? Makes NO DIFFERENCE to me, they ALL came from the same place, that a common denominator I would prefer to avoid,
I prefer K monel, but the supplier I was getting shafts from has passed away since making mine, I am not sure at this time where I would suggest getting one.
thank you for the info , iwas told that kmonel shafts glewood sells are from italy but there machining process is not up to the task, just my opinion , and my question is the three that failed were they from the supplier you recommend ?

WESTERNAERO
02-03-2014, 08:41 PM

Bob, you know where to get a new 500 shaft.

ogshotgun
02-03-2014, 08:43 PM
OG since you feel so strongly about it I have removed the photos. But I can't control who has them or where they post them. And I may not be able to keep them off this site. I personally don't think you have anything to worry about. The guys posting here are no threat to you. go ahead and put them back up i don't care but got a few calls from friends who heard from other to watch my back.. well i am a MP and a Soldier i watch my back at all times, i usually don't carry at boating events but i will if i feel the need for my and my boats safety..

gn7
02-03-2014, 08:45 PM
thank you for the info , iwas told that kmonel shafts glewood sells are from italy but there machining process is not up to the task, just my opinion , and my question is the three that failed were they from the supplier you recommend ?

No they were not.

BTW this is the last post I putting up on this or any other subject.
It blows my ass away that the big bad ass that felt it necessary to trash a thread in open discussion because they were talking boats, ha to have is his fucking picture removed because he thinks it was posted for the wrong reasons. GROW A PAIR YOU FUCKING PUSSY.
It the mother fucking internet, Deal with it or get the fuck off.

SnoC653
02-03-2014, 08:47 PM
you mean the NRI hat my sponsor nick rose insurance ?

Sure looks like a guard hat to me, but the resolution isn't high enough to tell for sure. Lets go with your version, since at any resolution that doesn't look like a guard body wearing it.

I wish you'd make up your mind on if you want people's help or not. Just like the post you deleted, you say you don't want anyone's opinion because you have a group of go to sources and the next thing you know, there is your post bitching that people aren't offering up answers to help you. Make up your mind. That is why people might have something against you, not your boat.

ogshotgun
02-03-2014, 08:47 PM
Bob, you know where to get a new 500 shaft.
i know where to get the material i don't know who can do the machining correctly or would use supplied customer stock, a company called Valbruna sells the k500 and they are out of italy with offices in the usa

Sharp shooter
02-03-2014, 08:50 PM

I was just curious. I took that photo (and 300 others) and I've never met you in person. I probably know (or have at least met) 95% of everybody on that beach and I'd like to make it 100% whether they like it or not. :D

This is what I look like if it makes you feel better and I have pics of GN-7 too if you want to see him. :D

https://scontent-b-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/t1/24796_114881915193720_2715506_n.jpg?lvh=1

If you want to check out literally 100's of v-drive boat pics go on facebook and search for V-Drive Video Productions. That's where GN-7 spends most of his free time. :D

ogshotgun
02-03-2014, 08:51 PM
No they were not.

BTW this is the last post I putting up on this or any other subject.
It blows my ass away that the big bad ass that felt it necessary to trash a thread in open discussion because they were talking boats, ha to have is his fucking picture removed because he thinks it was posted for the wrong reasons. GROW A PAIR YOU FUCKING PUSSY.
It the mother fucking internet, Deal with it or get the fuck off.

lets post your picture next with your home address your boat and your schedule see how good you feel ,, and aim not worried about me aim worried about the poor bastard that does the wrong thing...200 posts ago we were bashing my boat than me now the threats , you would of done the same thing , didn't ask for the picture to come down wanted to know the reason behind it

ogshotgun
02-03-2014, 08:53 PM
I was just curious. I took that photo (and 300 others) and I've never met you in person. I probably know (or have at least met) 95% of everybody on that beach and I'd like to make it 100% whether they like it or not. :D

This is what I look like if it makes you feel better and I have pics of GN-7 too if you want to see him. :D

https://scontent-b-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/t1/24796_114881915193720_2715506_n.jpg?lvh=1

If you want to check out literally 100's of v-drive boat pics go on facebook and search for V-Drive Video Productions. That's where GN-7 spends most of his free time. :D
its been a rough thread and i got a few calls today from friends who heard from others to watch my back... so was just asking a ?

SnoC653
02-03-2014, 08:54 PM
go ahead and put them back up i don't care but got a few calls from friends who heard from other to watch my back.. well i am a MP and a Soldier i watch my back at all times, i usually don't carry at boating events but i will if i feel the need for my and my boats safety..

Seriously are you really this insecure? I'm going to be straight up and spell this out for you. Grow up and get over yourself. If you are seriously this insecure and paranoid, I might have to make some phone calls. We don't need soldiers who appear to be unstable carrying weapons.

So put on your big boy pants and act like an adult. Nobody on this site is out to get you. But you are sure presenting a lot of good reasons why we should be concerned about you, especially if you carry weapons.

ogshotgun
02-03-2014, 08:59 PM
Thanks OG, I never said I was perfect.

But there are many threads and posts on this site in regard to watermarking. It isn't a secret. If you'd like to get permission from RD and PB to allow me to post their watermarked pics, please go right ahead.

the not perfect thing was for that guy son i misspell something and he goes on a rampage lol.. wanted him to see even the admin makes a mistake

SnoC653
02-03-2014, 09:00 PM
lets post your picture next with your home address your boat and your schedule see how good you feel ,, and aim not worried about me aim worried about the poor bastard that does the wrong thing...200 posts ago we were bashing my boat than me now the threats , you would of done the same thing , didn't ask for the picture to come down wanted to know the reason behind it

You really are out of your mind full of yourself. Where do you see threats? And just so you don't feel singled out, here's a pic of mine. 32362

I've retired since then so I have more hair now. Learn to engage your brain before you start talking stupid trash.

Edit: And GN7 this is when I was playing recruiter and combat engineer. The red insignia on the left is my engineer affiliation. And yes those are my senior aviator wings on the right, right above my air medal.

ogshotgun
02-03-2014, 09:02 PM
Seriously are you really this insecure? I'm going to be straight up and spell this out for you. Grow up and get over yourself. If you are seriously this insecure and paranoid, I might have to make some phone calls. We don't need soldiers who appear to be unstable carrying weapons.

So put on your big boy pants and act like an adult. Nobody on this site is out to get you. But you are sure presenting a lot of good reasons why we should be concerned about you, especially if you carry weapons.
i am a MP i carry at work its my job,, you didn't get the calls telling you to watch your back i did , insecure not hardly, cautious yes, reason i have been on tours and still here...so it is what it is

papaletch4130
02-03-2014, 09:02 PM
go ahead and put them back up i don't care but got a few calls from friends who heard from other to watch my back.. well i am a MP and a Soldier i watch my back at all times, i usually don't carry at boating events but i will if i feel the need for my and my boats safety.. Is this guy for real??? Needing to carry at a boat meet or show!! HAHA is he affraid of the WESTSIDE HOTBOATERS?? Wow some peoples children!!

ogshotgun
02-03-2014, 09:03 PM
You really are out of your mind full of yourself. Where do you see threats? And just so you don't feel singled out, here's a pic of mine. 32362

I've retired since then so I have more hair now. Learn to engage your brain before you start talking stupid trash.

Edit: And GN7 this is when I was playing recruiter and combat engineer. The red insignia on the left is my engineer affiliation. And yes those are my senior aviator wings on the right, right above my air medal.

send me a pm with your cell phone and ill send you a copy of all the messages i received .. not going to post here but i have them ..

SnoC653
02-03-2014, 09:04 PM
i am a MP i carry at work its my job,, you didn't get the calls telling you to watch your back i did , insecure not hardly, cautious yes, reason i have been on tours and still here...so it is what it is

Do you think you're the only person that's been on tours? You are a drama queen, plain and simple. Get over yourself already.

ogshotgun
02-03-2014, 09:07 PM
after all these posts it really would not surprise to find damage done to my boat at a show!

ChumpChange
02-03-2014, 09:08 PM
send me a pm with your cell phone and ill send you a copy of all the messages i received .. not going to post here but i have them ..

Messages from your friends, not messages from people on here, correct? Maybe your friends are paranoid. ;)

ogshotgun
02-03-2014, 09:08 PM
Do you think you're the only person that's been on tours? You are a drama queen, plain and simple. Get over yourself already. nope not the only one the plane was full and the barracks were full but not all my brothers came home,, so be cautious isn't stupid..

ogshotgun
02-03-2014, 09:09 PM
Messages from your friends, not messages from people on here, correct? Maybe your friends are paranoid. ;)

no no friends on here got calls about me telling them , to let your buddy OG know he better watch his back

ChumpChange
02-03-2014, 09:10 PM
after all these posts it really would not surprise to find damage done to my boat at a show!

So you're just saying this to make a huge deal out of nothing. We all love boats and hate those who mess with people's stuff. Your boat is fine with these people. Take the help for what it is and stop with the paranoia.

Sharp shooter
02-03-2014, 09:10 PM

I seriously doubt that would happen, at least not from the boating community.

WESTERNAERO
02-03-2014, 09:11 PM
Damn this has gotten strange, you guys need to chill the fuck out.

ChumpChange
02-03-2014, 09:11 PM
no no friends on here got calls about me telling them , to let your buddy OG know he better watch his back

Still lol'ing. Probably watch your back in regards to debating these guys. They know their stuff and can argue their point.

HB Vic
02-03-2014, 09:12 PM
I liken this thread to a fight where a hockey game broke out :D

Sharp shooter
02-03-2014, 09:14 PM
Just to lighten things up, this is GN-7. :D

http://www.v-drivevideo.net/pictures/albums/userpics/normal_LorazBob2.jpg

WESTERNAERO
02-03-2014, 09:15 PM

:lmao I like the hat

papaletch4130
02-03-2014, 09:16 PM
Damn this has gotten strange, you guys need to chill the fuck out. Yeah is this dude off his meds or something? Shit I am reading is unreal.. Who would really make threats from some internet shit talking..

HB Vic
02-03-2014, 09:16 PM

His eyes seemed a little lighter to me LOL

SnoC653
02-03-2014, 09:18 PM
This is the internet for crying out loud. You come here and make waves and someone with a bigger boat makes waves right back. Don't make waves if you don't want waves in return. That being said, GN7 and I have gone round and round over differences of opinions (mostly not boating related). Yet if I see him at a race, I would still walk up and introduce myself and listen to whatever he has to say. He is a wealth of boating and car knowledge. And when I wanted an opinion that I knew wouldn't be biased, he was the person I asked. And he answered the question honestly and reasonably. And if he needed something I had to keep his boat running, I wouldn't hesitate to give it to him. (fortunately I have no money so he can't ask for that).

Just because everyone doesn't think a boat is a full 12 course meal, doesn't mean they want to damage it, or that they don't think it isn't a great happy meal.
Perhaps some should do like posted way back in this thread and slow their roll and get to know people. And show interest in their projects if you want them to show interest in yours. It's not Me, Me, Me, mine, mine, mine, Me, Me, Me. That just doesn't work rather online or in person.

HB Vic
02-03-2014, 09:20 PM
It also has that old hotboat.com feel to it.....hmmmm, did we step back in time 7-8 years??

ChumpChange
02-03-2014, 09:28 PM
It also has that old hotboat.com feel to it.....hmmmm, did we step back in time 7-8 years??

The 2000s called. They want their forum back. :D

MrDenton
02-03-2014, 09:36 PM
Damn this has gotten strange, you guys need to chill the fuck out.

Reminiscent of the last Thanksgiving dinner I had my wife's family. Everyone was pissed and it moved in so many directions I couldn't follow it. Just sat back and enjoyed the show.
OG, being a CCW holder I beg you to not bring up the "carrying for your and your boats protection" again. It's really unnecessary and can lead to a lot of problems for you and everyone here. In this day and age it's very easy to take that out if context. Just my $.02 on that. The 2nd Amendment and my right to carry is something I care passionately about. Bad press is bad press, especially with some of the unknown lurkers around here.
Since we're posting pictures of our selves. This is me at dinner time...http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/04/uvevy2ad.jpg
This is me after work...http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/04/6eve2y2u.jpg
This is me on vacation...http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/04/5y3avu9e.jpg
This is me in my zone...http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/04/7e8u9u4u.jpg

In loving memory of

ogshotgun
02-03-2014, 09:40 PM
I seriously doubt that would happen, at least not from the boating community.

sure hope your right and i follow your Facebook pictures there great

ogshotgun
02-03-2014, 09:44 PM
I have never really talked with OG and dont no him, he runs the shit out of it at Parker up and down all day long and on the floor for long periods he has no problem in 2 foot weekend chop letting it fly with his HotBoat.Com sticker on the back .

Sharp shooter
02-03-2014, 09:45 PM
sure hope your right and i follow your Facebook pictures there great

Thanks man! :thumbup:

RogerThat99
02-03-2014, 09:45 PM
Can you imagine if Kilrtoy was participating in this thread?? :D

OG, I will say the same thing I said in the Boat Show thread. Grads has more people that want his head on a stick than anyone I can think of. He went down for the Booze Cruise and nobody tried to sucker punch him. In fact he had a great time and would like to get back down South to hang out with everyone again. I would like to check out your boat in person as I think it is a nice looking sled. I really don't think that anyone would mess with your boat. Come to Needles, have a beer, and check out some very nice hardware.

ogshotgun
02-03-2014, 09:51 PM
Can you imagine if Kilrtoy was participating in this thread?? :D

OG, I will say the same thing I said in the Boat Show thread. Grads has more people that want his head on a stick than anyone I can think of. He went down for the Booze Cruise and nobody tried to sucker punch him. In fact he had a great time and would like to get back down South to hang out with everyone again. I would like to check out your boat in person as I think it is a nice looking sled. I really don't think that anyone would mess with your boat. Come to Needles, have a beer, and check out some very nice hardware.
just poured my hart in this boat i really hope no one goes that low , i have seen it happen before hope your right i really do

ogshotgun
02-03-2014, 09:51 PM
Here is a pic of me.

ill look for you

ChumpChange
02-03-2014, 09:55 PM
Here is a pic of me.

Nice faux hawk! :)

RogerThat99
02-03-2014, 09:57 PM
just poured my hart in this boat i really hope no one goes that low , i have seen it happen before hope your right i really do

I know you have and it turned out great. Like I said, based on the pictures I have seen, it looks fantastic!!

RogerThat99
02-03-2014, 09:58 PM
Nice faux hawk! :)

Thanks it took me some time to get it just right. LOL. I think Napanutt took that picture.

WMC
02-03-2014, 10:00 PM
Really WOW:wtf:

SnoC653
02-03-2014, 10:02 PM

While I'm waiting for that text forward, I would like to know: Who's boat specifically have you seen messed with because people didn't like them online? Names, dates, details would be appropriate to back up that claim.

ogshotgun
02-03-2014, 10:06 PM
While I'm waiting for that text forward, I would like to know: Who's boat specifically have you seen messed with because people didn't like them online? Names, dates, details would be appropriate to back up that claim.

ill have him post all the details and pictures of his vandalism, since it was his boat not mine and every word i write is critiqued ill have him post his story with photos and police reports and this was last year...

RogerThat99
02-03-2014, 10:08 PM
Really WOW:wtf:

What, you don't like my hair??

WMC
02-03-2014, 10:14 PM
What, you don't like my hair??
Not your hair... this sideways thread

HB Vic
02-03-2014, 10:14 PM
Are we sure this is a boating thread?? Sure seems more like a train wreck to me :D

Not a perfect train wreck either, one with a lot of mistakes lol

WESTERNAERO
02-03-2014, 10:15 PM
Why did the rooster cross the road?
Cuz his dick was stuck int the chicken!
:popcorn: