PDA

View Full Version : Lake of the Ozarks, Shootout 2014

HB Vic
01-30-2014, 11:33 AM
This event is out there a ways, but I just got off the phone with Captain Ron and this year is shaping up to be another record setting year. The schedule and venue will be pretty much the same as last year with a few minor changes. LOTO is currently frozen over, and many of the coves are also frozen over. Something they haven't seen there in many, many years. Ron said it was -9 last week or so on a Monday, the following Saturday it was 60. Almost a 70d temp swing. Bizarre weather for sure.

Hotboat will be there again this year and we will be working with Ron and his team to try and bring you the best coverage we can. Last year was a huge learning experience, we hope to improve both on the coverage, and our personal enjoyment :D

Good chance we'll be there a little earlier this year so we can enjoy the lake and some of its awesome establishments. Hopefully by water. So stay tuned for more information on this huge event as soon as it becomes available.

HB

Eli
01-30-2014, 11:40 AM
I would love to attend this year! I'm crossing my fingers that it's in the budget :D

Sent from my Bat Cave

HB Vic
01-30-2014, 11:44 AM
I would love to attend this year! I'm crossing my fingers that it's in the budget :D

Sent from my Bat Cave

IMO it is the mother of all boating events. Boats lined up side by side over a mile on the course for the shootout. And that's only a small portion of the fun!!

Eli
01-30-2014, 11:46 AM
IMO it is the mother of all boating events. Boats lined up side by side over a mile on the course for the shootout. And that's only a small portion of the fun!!

I know...it's also during my Birth Month. My sugar Daddy, Papi, hasn't been too generous this passed month. I'll have to see how it pans out.

Maybe I can find someone to sit a room with, I still need a boat :D

Sent from my Bat Cave

SummerO
01-31-2014, 06:07 AM

I'm pretty excited for this years event! My personal goal for this year is 170+ in the new MTI. Seems doable, we'll see.
I might do an early week cookout on my dock, so if any of you left coasters are there, you are more than welcome!
Vic, did you go to Bull's dock party last year? If not, let me know and you can ride with me, it's epic!

SummerO
01-31-2014, 06:29 AM
Pic from last year at 147:

SummerO
01-31-2014, 06:31 AM
Shooting for 170+ this year.:thumb:

Eli
01-31-2014, 06:34 AM
Shooting for 170+ this year.:thumb:

That's doable! Can't wait to see pics of the build.

Sent from my Bat Cave

HB Vic
01-31-2014, 06:58 AM
I'm pretty excited for this years event! My personal goal for this year is 170+ in the new MTI. Seems doable, we'll see.
I might do an early week cookout on my dock, so if any of you left coasters are there, you are more than welcome!
Vic, did you go to Bull's dock party last year? If not, let me know and you can ride with me, it's epic!

You say when and where and we'll be there :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eli
01-31-2014, 08:45 AM
You say when and where and we'll be there :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you take a stowaway? Lol

Sent from my Bat Cave

HB Vic
01-31-2014, 09:02 AM
Last year we were rooks, this year I hope to have all the good vantage points scoped out early. And I'm going to take advantage of anyone that will let me LOL.

I hope to improve on our coverage over last year. But I gotta tell you, it was passout hot Saturday, so we drank like fish Saturday night. Sunday morning the grim reaper would have been a welcomed sight, because it was even hotter. Mrs. HB even passed up one of the best artichoke quiches I've ever had, courtesy of Anne aboard the Crazyfish. So anything can happen I suppose. Trying to work in that atmosphere was probably the hardest thing I've ever done. So I kinda failed in that aspect LOL

Link to last year's thread and pictures.

http://www.hotboat.com/frm/showthread.php?2232-Hotboat-com-at-the-2013-LOTO-Shootout

Eli
01-31-2014, 09:07 AM
Last year we were rooks, this year I hope to have all the good vantage points scoped out early. And I'm going to take advantage of anyone that will let me LOL.

I hope to improve on our coverage over last year. But I gotta tell you, it was passout hot Saturday, so we drank like fish Saturday night. Sunday morning the grim reaper would have been a welcomed sight, because it was even hotter. Mrs. HB even passed up one of the best artichoke quiches I've ever had, courtesy of Anne aboard the Crazyfish. So anything can happen I suppose. Trying to work in that atmosphere was probably the hardest thing I've ever done. So I kinda failed in that aspect LOL

Link to last year's thread and pictures.

http://www.hotboat.com/frm/showthread.php?2232-Hotboat-com-at-the-2013-LOTO-Shootout

I love the heat! When I go to LOTO, I'm gonna take advantage of anyone who will let me too! :D

Sent from my Bat Cave

HB Vic
01-31-2014, 09:11 AM
I love the heat! When I go to LOTO, I'm gonna take advantage of anyone who will let me too! :D

Sent from my Bat Cave

I love the heat too, its the humidity that will kill you. 90/90 oh yeah. :omg:

Eli
01-31-2014, 10:06 AM
I love the heat too, its the humidity that will kill you. 90/90 oh yeah. :omg:

Wear your swim suit and keep your hair wet.

Sent from my Bat Cave

HB Vic
01-31-2014, 11:10 AM
Wear your swim suit and keep your hair wet.

Sent from my Bat Cave

Sunday I was completely soaked. And I didn't even have to get wet :D

HB Vic
01-31-2014, 04:41 PM
LOTO just got way way better. I can't wait!!