PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a TV hookup?

HB Vic
01-26-2014, 05:08 PM
Looking for 4 ea 50 or 60" big screens. Nothing super duper just something decent. Must be the same brand and must have hdmi.

Buller? Need them next week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gn7
01-26-2014, 05:12 PM
WTF? You give up on the 10.5 jig-a-watt projector, or decided to buy the blower instead?

HB Vic
01-26-2014, 05:14 PM
WTF? You give up on the 10.5 jig-a-watt projector, or decided to buy the blower instead?

Yeah $10k for a projector is a little steep lol

ChumpChange
01-26-2014, 05:57 PM
These guys are good. Not sure if they rent to nonprofessionals that arent outside contractors of the industry.

http://www.pro-av.com/phone/index.html

GRADS
01-26-2014, 06:04 PM
Is there going to be a HotBoat Sports Bar opening up?

HB Vic
01-26-2014, 06:08 PM
Is there going to be a HotBoat Sports Bar opening up?

That would be cool wouldn't it :D

2manymustangs
01-26-2014, 06:30 PM
Out of all the shopping we did for TVs (which was a lot), we found COSTCO to have the best prices with the Sony / Samsung / Vizio models that they carry...

We have a Vizio and a Sony purchased from Costco... The next best move AFAIK would be ordering off of Amazon to avoid sales tax, OR are the CALI peeps now paying sales tax on Amazon purchases???

Vic, I planned to contact you about a projector, we have several Hitachi brand (I don’t know the LUMENS off the top of my head) that are identical and have had OUTSTANDING luck with them, they were about 1k each and the one I use all the time is on the original bulb, multiple inputs, it's a really nice projector and at the optimum distance it can project an image about 20' x 20' which you can reduce down by adjusting the lens... I can get the particulars for you if that is still an option, these do generate a fair amount of heat but the image is amazing even in a very well lit room... We orderd from a mail order/audio/visual supply house in the state of Washington, let me know if you need any details...

Sorry I didnt contact you sooner...

HB Vic
01-26-2014, 06:47 PM
2mm let me know what kind of lumens you have. My research tells me I'll need at least 6000 to make it decent, 8000 to 10,000 to look good. These are big bucks machines.

2manymustangs
01-26-2014, 06:49 PM
2mm let me know what kind of lumens you have. My research tells me I'll need at least 6000 to make it decent, 8000 to 10,000 to look good. These are big bucks machines.

I will check on the model/specifics... What is the environment that you would be using this in???

HB Vic
01-26-2014, 06:54 PM
I will check on the model/specifics... What is the environment that you would be using this in???

Indoor fairly well lit

SBS933
01-26-2014, 06:58 PM
I smell a contest coming up w/ TV's for prizes.

2manymustangs
01-26-2014, 07:02 PM
Indoor fairly well lit

Just talked to my buddy that originally picked out the ones we have (mine is 45 minutes drive away)... He is going to get me the model # tomorrow, we use them in a pretty well lit room... He was pulling $1800 out of the air but I dont recall them being that expensive, the more you squish the picture down the tighter and brighter it gets... I will have an answer for you tmrow...

He said that he first started using his Hitachi (exact same model as ours) about seven years ago and they use it for full length movies regulary...

HB Vic
01-26-2014, 07:04 PM
Just talked to my buddy that originally picked out the ones we have (mine is 45 minutes drive away)... He is going to get me the model # tomorrow, we use them in a pretty well lit room... He was pulling $1800 out of the air but I dont recall them being that expensive, the more you squish the picture down the tighter and brighter it gets... I will have an answer for you tmrow...

He said that he first started using his Hitachi (exact same model as ours) about seven years ago and they use it for full length movies regulary...

I can go either way at this point. I've already purchased the TV wall gizmo that will turn 4 tv's in to 1 giant one. But a mega projector will work as well.

HB Vic
01-26-2014, 09:01 PM
I smell a contest coming up w/ TV's for prizes.

lol I wish. If they work out I'll probably hang on to them for awhile. My booth normally uses 2 32" at the front to display videos. I'm trying to change that to 4X50 or 60"'s at the rear along with the 2X32's at the front. If it works out it should be pretty cool. If it doesn't, it will suck big time LOL

HB Vic
01-26-2014, 10:05 PM
These guys are good. Not sure if they rent to nonprofessionals that arent outside contractors of the industry.

http://www.pro-av.com/phone/index.html

I'm going to give them a try. My experience with show rental equipment is you may as well buy it outright as you'll be renting for at least the same amount a straight purchase would cost. But we shall see. Thank you!

icb1
01-27-2014, 07:04 AM
I was at costco the other day and they had 50" , 55" and 60" starting at $749.00

HB Vic
01-27-2014, 07:22 AM
I was at costco the other day and they had 50" , 55" and 60" starting at $749.00

Costco has pretty good deals for sure.

Eli
01-27-2014, 07:53 AM
Costco has pretty good deals for sure.

Why not just say...can anyone with a Phillips bring their TV for the weekend? I say Phillips bc that's my smaller TV 42 inch and I can fit that one in Marilyn, I think :)

Sent from my Bat Cave

HB Vic
01-27-2014, 08:00 AM
Why not just say...can anyone with a Phillips bring their TV for the weekend? I say Phillips bc that's my smaller TV 42 inch and I can fit that one in Marilyn, I think :)

Sent from my Bat Cave

lol I was looking at our 50 Sony last night thinking....hmmm 3 more of these and I'm in business. The very next thought was of me getting my ass kicked by Mrs. HB after telling her I dropped our Sony at the show :shock:

Eli
01-27-2014, 08:00 AM
Don't drop it! Duh!

Sent from my Bat Cave

HB Vic
01-27-2014, 08:53 AM
TV's handled, 4 X 50". Now if I can just get them in time LOL

icb1
01-27-2014, 09:06 AM
Time is flying by so much to do with only a week left.... Its crunch time for sure

HB Vic
01-27-2014, 09:11 AM
Time is flying by so much to do with only a week left.... Its crunch time for sure

For sure. I'm a little worried about a few things.....ok everything. But that's normal, it's like this everytime I do a show. I'm sure I'll hit the panic button soon :D

icb1
01-27-2014, 09:14 AM
I tried the easy button but it didt work.... Ill try the panic button next. These things always come down to last minute anyway

HB Vic
01-27-2014, 09:58 AM
Just got confirmation the TV's will be ready for pickup today. Hopefully do some testing later this week or this weekend.

2manymustangs
01-27-2014, 10:49 AM
Just got confirmation the TV's will be ready for pickup today. Hopefully do some testing later this week or this weekend.

:D :thumbsUp: Does your JUMBO TRON multiplexer thing-a-ma-bob use HDMI connections or component/yellow VIDEO RCA cables?

I have an OLD SCHOOl version that uses Yellow VIDEO RCA cable or BNC coax... From the dark ages...

HB Vic
01-27-2014, 10:54 AM
:D :thumbsUp: Does your JUMBO TRON multiplexer thing-a-ma-bob use HDMI connections or component/yellow VIDEO RCA cables?

I have an OLD SCHOOl version that uses Yellow VIDEO RCA cable or BNC coax... From the dark ages...

HDMI. I'm worried about it though. Its a cheapie if you can call $1200 cheap. But in comparison the mega units that do 9 TV's are ridiculous. Multiple processors and super complicated. If it works I might just put all 4 50's, after the show, on our living room wall permanently LOL

2manymustangs
01-27-2014, 11:02 AM
HDMI. I'm worried about it though. Its a cheapie if you can call $1200 cheap. But in comparison the mega units that do 9 TV's are ridiculous. Multiple processors and super complicated. If it works I might just put all 4 50's, after the show, on our living room wall permanently LOL

$1200 for the cheapie??? Woah...

Charge a premium and host UFC fight night... :)

ChumpChange
01-27-2014, 12:52 PM

Perfect weekend to test....SUPERBOWL PARTY!!!!!!

HB Vic
01-27-2014, 01:01 PM
Perfect weekend to test....SUPERBOWL PARTY!!!!!!

Lol didn't even think about that. Yeah the gizmo is supposed to be here Wednesday I pick up the TV's later today.

ChumpChange
01-27-2014, 02:05 PM
Lol didn't even think about that. Yeah the gizmo is supposed to be here Wednesday I pick up the TV's later today.

You end up buying them? If you keep them, could come up with plenty of parties to throw!

HB Vic
01-27-2014, 02:41 PM
You end up buying them? If you keep them, could come up with plenty of parties to throw!

Bought them yes. Called 2 rental places and rental was a few hundred less than a purchase.

I'm just worried about the TV wall gizmo now. I hope it works otherwise there will be 6 separate TV's showing the same videos LOL.

Cigalert
01-27-2014, 04:55 PM
You could go computer with 2 separate graphics cards and 4 video outs.

GRADS
01-27-2014, 07:23 PM
Looking forward to seeing the display and working the booth.

HB Vic
01-27-2014, 07:25 PM
You could go computer with 2 separate graphics cards and 4 video outs.

I read that somewhere but it scared me. That and I hate computers lol

Cigalert
01-27-2014, 08:44 PM
I read that somewhere but it scared me. That and I hate computers lol

Lets see what you got before the toldyaso's start.

HB Vic
01-27-2014, 08:51 PM
Lets see what you got before the toldyaso's start.

Here's what I bought 31741

Cigalert
01-27-2014, 09:00 PM
Here's what I bought 31741

Looks simple enough...each screen will play in up to 1080p but what are you feeding it with? Might get a little grainy unless you're pumping 4k in. Think of zooming to one corner of a 1080 screen. Technically you're gonna see each screen in 480. Will probably still be cool though.

HB Vic
01-27-2014, 09:07 PM
Looks simple enough...each screen will play in up to 1080p but what are you feeding it with? Might get a little grainy unless you're pumping 4k in. Think of zooming to one corner of a 1080 screen. Technically you're gonna see each screen in 480. Will probably still be cool though.

The videos look great on a 50 1080p, I didn't realize it will chop the video in to 4 sizes for quality too. Hmmmm

Cigalert
01-27-2014, 09:11 PM
The videos look great on a 50 1080p, I didn't realize it will chop the video in to 4 sizes for quality too. Hmmmm

No matter what you do...computer or this 2x2 wall deal, if you feed it with 1080 it will display in 1080....just divided by 4. When I looked at this unit it appeared as though there is no up converter...it just "zooms" to one large screen. But yes, raw video files straight to a computer are night and day compared to youtube quality. The videos are so much more boring on youtube.

HB Vic
01-27-2014, 09:34 PM
No matter what you do...computer or this 2x2 wall deal, if you feed it with 1080 it will display in 1080....just divided by 4. When I looked at this unit it appeared as though there is no up converter...it just "zooms" to one large screen. But yes, raw video files straight to a computer are night and day compared to youtube quality. The videos are so much more boring on youtube.

I'll be testing it this weekend. Just gotta figure a way to hang 4 50's without tearing down the house lol

Cigalert
01-27-2014, 09:48 PM
I'll be testing it this weekend. Just gotta figure a way to hang 4 50's without tearing down the house lol

So there's this metal fab guy that lives on the hill....after you're done breaking things and need a tig let me know. He can make it right.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dK6Y-idLEus

HB Vic
01-28-2014, 08:33 AM
So there's this metal fab guy that lives on the hill....after you're done breaking things and need a tig let me know. He can make it right.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dK6Y-idLEus

That's pretty cool.