PDA

View Full Version : Flu Shot

HB Vic
01-24-2014, 02:33 PM
So Gothalos is sicker than a dog. Before him, BoatsnBees was sicker than a dog. I think it took about two weeks to mow down Gothalos immune system, I'm 2 lightyears older, so I figure I should be sicker than a dog by Sunday, maybe even tonight.

Any benefit in speeding to get a flu shot now?? Since I'm sooooo old, will it instantaneously kill me on the spot??

I was sooo looking forward to Flippin Pizza this weekend. Looks like the only thing I'll be flippin is the toilet seat :cowdodo:

78Southwind
01-24-2014, 02:41 PM
So Gothalos is sicker than a dog. Before him, BoatsnBees was sicker than a dog. I think it took about two weeks to mow down Gothalos immune system, I'm 2 lightyears older, so I figure I should be sicker than a dog by Sunday, maybe even tonight.

Any benefit in speeding to get a flu shot now?? Since I'm sooooo old, will it instantaneously kill me on the spot??

I was sooo looking forward to Flippin Pizza this weekend. Looks like the only thing I'll be flippin is the toilet seat :cowdodo:

Probably to late to get a flu shot. You probably already got the flu just no symptoms yet. I didn't get the flu shot this year and got sick but my symptoms aren't like the usual flu symptoms "more like allergies vs flu".

HB Vic
01-24-2014, 02:44 PM
Never had a flu shot in my life. But I think I'm gonna get one anyway. Maybe the psychological benefit will at least partially overcome the physical distress I'm about to encounter :D

Eli
01-24-2014, 02:47 PM
Never had a flu shot in my life. But I think I'm gonna get one anyway. Maybe the psychological benefit will overcome the physical distress I'm about to encounter :D

Get a fly shot...take as much zinc (Zicam) vitamin c and echinacea as you can for the next week and focus on staying healthy and you won't get sick.

Alcohol weakens the immune system...just an FYI

Sent from my Bat Cave

HB Vic
01-24-2014, 02:51 PM
Alcohol weakens the immune system...just an FYI

Sent from my Bat Cave

Looks like I'm doomed, its Fireball Friday.

So Mr. & Mrs. Flu Germ, welcome, come on in the doors wide open. Please try to not completely destroy the place before you leave, in a month :party-smiley-020:

mouzer
01-24-2014, 02:51 PM
x2 on the zicam dissolves in your mouth every 3 hrs my kid had it i felt it comeing on did zicam every 3 for 3 days never got it bad actually felt ok now its gone

Eli
01-24-2014, 02:53 PM
Looks like I'm doomed, its Fireball Friday.

So Mr. & Mrs. Flu Germ, welcome, come on in the doors wide open. Please try to not completely destroy the place before you leave, in a month :party-smiley-020:

I figured you were headed in that direction :D

If you drink enough you'll feel like you're having a hangover ;)

Sent from my Bat Cave

HB Vic
01-24-2014, 03:01 PM
I figured you were headed in that direction :D

If you drink enough you'll feel like you're having a hangover ;)

Sent from my Bat Cave

Wouldn't a very high alcohol/blood count kill the little fuckers?

Eli
01-24-2014, 03:05 PM

To be honest here, I have the wrong type of doctorate to give you medical advice :D

I was going for the power of suggestion as your method to staying healthy. So I guess staying consistent with the method, If you think that a lot of alcohol will kill the germs it's worth a try as long as you're the test subject :D

Sent from my Bat Cave
F

riverrunner1984
01-24-2014, 03:06 PM

I agree with this method...Never got a flu shot in my life...When I am sick, I make it a point to drink heavily on the weekend. Always makes me feel better.
Good luck

78Southwind
01-24-2014, 03:09 PM
Never had a flu shot in my life. But I think I'm gonna get one anyway. Maybe the psychological benefit will at least partially overcome the physical distress I'm about to encounter :D

If you get a flu shot don't get one with any preservatives in it. You could be sensitive to the preservatives and you will feel like you are sick anyways.

riverrunner1984
01-24-2014, 03:10 PM
If I do end up getting sick and I need to get over it quickly, I just go to the Dr and tell them to get me the "Z pack"
That little 3-5 pill pack works wonders..

HB Vic
01-24-2014, 03:18 PM
If you get a flu shot don't get one with any preservatives in it. You could be sensitive to the preservatives and you will feel like you are sick anyways.

Ah now we're getting somewhere. What exactly do I ask for? No preservatives? Sounds like maybe I need to actually a Dr for that or do you think places like CVS have it?

78Southwind
01-24-2014, 03:33 PM
Ah now we're getting somewhere. What exactly do I ask for? No preservatives? Sounds like maybe I need to actually a Dr for that or do you think places like CVS have it?

Yes, ask for the flu shot without preservatives. Do your own research though some people do not like the idea of the use of formaldehyde in vaccines. I personally did not get a flu shot because of that this year. CVS and others do clinic days but I think it's to late for that so you will probably have to see the Dr.

28eliminator
01-24-2014, 03:35 PM
I get the flu shot every year... I can't remember the last time I got sick... Other than alcohol related if course :)

Sent from somewhere on the water

HB Vic
01-24-2014, 03:42 PM
Yes, ask for the flu shot without preservatives. Do your own research though some people do not like the idea of the use of formaldehyde in vaccines. I personally did not get a flu shot because of that this year. CVS and others do clinic days but I think it's to late for that so you will probably have to see the Dr.

Good info thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

djunkie
01-24-2014, 05:56 PM

Go to cvs. It's like $30 unless your insurance covers it. I had to get one before I started my chemo.

HB Vic
01-24-2014, 06:09 PM
Go to cvs. It's like $30 unless your insurance covers it. I had to get one before I started my chemo.

Going tomorrow for sure. Our insurance probably covers it, for as much as we pay it should include whole body replacement LOL.

How you feeling?? You kicking its ass??

djunkie
01-24-2014, 06:39 PM
Going tomorrow for sure. Our insurance probably covers it, for as much as we pay it should include whole body replacement LOL.

How you feeling?? You kicking its ass??

I have my moments. Good at times and shitty at times. I've got the rest of this week and all next week off as a break then I start my 2nd cycle.

HB Vic
01-24-2014, 06:42 PM
I have my moments. Good at times and shitty at times. I've got the rest of this week and all next week off as a break then I start my 2nd cycle.

Hang in there man. One of my cousins at the docks just got through battling lymphoma. He's doing good now as far as I know. Took a lot out of him but he came through it. Hang in there!!

Eli
01-24-2014, 06:43 PM

Just remember don't exert yourself. You may think you have more energy but you'll get drained faster.

Sent from my Bat Cave

djunkie
01-24-2014, 07:14 PM
Hang in there man. One of my cousins at the docks just got through battling lymphoma. He's doing good now as far as I know. Took a lot out of him but he came through it. Hang in there!!

Thanks. I'll get through it.

djunkie
01-24-2014, 07:15 PM
Just remember don't exert yourself. You may think you have more energy but you'll get drained faster.

Sent from my Bat Cave

I'm learning that. Lol

GRADS
01-24-2014, 08:30 PM
I've had one flu shot in my life. A few years ago my doctor talked me into getting it. Three weeks after it I was more sick than I've ever been in my entire life. It could be a coincidence but it obviously didn't help me.