PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else using Google Chrome??

Paul65K
01-24-2014, 08:30 AM
So here's the deal....................I switched to Google Chrome well over a year ago because it just runs faster on my computer (Windows7, i7, 8GB RAM) than Internet Explorer and really like it. The other day I started having a problem posting pictures to HotBoat as well as 3 or 4 other forums I post on. Everything else works great and I have no issues with anything else Web Based.....but posting pictures just won't happen.

Lemme start by saying I've posted hundreds of pics on HB and other forums from Chrome and have for a long time but a couple of days ago when I try to post I go through the motions;

Insert Images
Select Photos
Download Photos
but when I try to "Insert Inline" from the window it just freezes

I get a "Time Out" message at the appropriate and I keep choosing "Wait" but nothing.....I can't close or cancel either it is just stuck :thumbsdown

I've tried resetting everything in the Google Chrome Settings page, even removed and re-installed Chrome and get the same issue and the only way I can post photos is to open HB in IE....which is noticeably slower and kind of a pain..........has anyone else experienced anything like this with Chrome or another Browser??? If so how did you fix it??

Please I really don't want to hear that "Chrome is a POS" or IE/Firefox is better, yada, yada......I have heard all the arguments but I was hoping that someone else might have some experience or suggestions on how to fix this :hmm:headscratch:

PS.....I've run a virus scan and have real time protection (eSet) running full time so I'm hoping that this is not the case but......I can't for the life of me figure this out......Any Ideas:eh:

GRADS
01-24-2014, 08:40 AM
I would uninstall it and then reinstall it.

I use google chrome when I want to do a reverse image search.

HB Vic
01-24-2014, 08:43 AM
Let me ask Admin if Chrome is even supported on VB. I run IE11 and I have to run it in compatibility mode for most sites. So it could be a compatibility issue.

AZKC
01-24-2014, 08:43 AM
Chrome seems to work fine for me. This is uploaded from my hard drive.

AZKC
01-24-2014, 08:45 AM
And this is using a url addy

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/1292195528/cob0008.jpg

Paul65K
01-24-2014, 08:47 AM
I would uninstall it and then reinstall it.

I use google chrome when I want to do a reverse image search.
Yeah I tried that.......I'll try it again

riverrunner1984
01-24-2014, 08:59 AM
I use chrome all day when I am on HB at work and do not/ have not had an issue.
At the same time, I have not upgraded my chrome and I am still on an XP PC here at my office.
IE8 is way to slow for me so I strictly use chrome.

Paul65K
01-24-2014, 09:01 AM
Well.......I cleaned out the History and Cache files and it appears to be working......we'll see if this holds up!!

Thanks Guys

78Southwind
01-24-2014, 12:16 PM
No issues here...

ChumpChange
01-24-2014, 12:24 PM
Well.......I cleaned out the History and Cache files and it appears to be working......we'll see if this holds up!!

Thanks Guys

.....and immediately after your wife used the Internet and was wondering why you deleted all your history. :D

Universal Elements
01-24-2014, 12:45 PM
I had the same problem last year. Tried everything, switched back to Mozilla Firefox. Happened to me on my laptop and desktop model at work.

2manymustangs
01-24-2014, 01:08 PM
Certain aspect of the VB and this site work better for me on Chrome however I have a few work apps that require I.E. as my default and I get tired of switching back/forth... So I just use the older I.E. that my work stuff requires...

Ziggy
01-24-2014, 01:25 PM
Been using Chrome for several years without issue on a 8 yr old laptop running xp.
perhaps you had a bit of rust that needed a little polishing Paul.;) :D