PDA

View Full Version : Wine fridge suggestions?

GRADS
01-23-2014, 10:50 PM
We need to buy a new wine fridge and I want a decent one but I also don't want to break the bank. Does anyone have one that they like? The one we have now is a Frigidaire and it sucks. The temperature fluctuates way too much and it only holds around 50 bottles and that's back tight.

Eli
01-23-2014, 11:15 PM
Try Costco and overstock.com

Sent from my Bat Cave

wolfie
01-23-2014, 11:37 PM
We bought some friends of ours a Danby. They still have it. They love it. A bit pricey but worth it.

2FORCEFULL
01-24-2014, 12:05 AM
We need to buy a new wine fridge and I want a decent one but I also don't want to break the bank. Does anyone have one that they like? The one we have now is a Frigidaire and it sucks. The temperature fluctuates way too much and it only holds around 50 bottles and that's back tight.

paul65k...paul65k ... paul65k come in paul 65k

28eliminator
01-24-2014, 06:43 AM
Sub Zero. We've put a lot of them in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Paul65K
01-24-2014, 06:52 AM
Sub Zero. We've put a lot of them in.

Sent from my iPad using TapatalkDave.....you may have missed the part where he said he doesn't want to break the bank :rolleyes

I have 2 of the 170 bottle fridges that I got at Costco online and have had them here in Havasu for about 18 months with no isses......even through a major remodel last year.....I think you can get one of these for around $1000 ea.

I would suggest that you get one of these and use it for your Reds and long term storage and use the small unit for your whites (if you drink that stuff) which you might like to keep at a colder temp than the reds.

PS....We have a couple bottles of white around for our non wine drinking friends that like white :D

DC-88
01-24-2014, 08:34 AM
We put in a lot of the Kitchenaids and have had no issues I'd guess they cost about the same as a case of Caymus

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GRADS
01-24-2014, 08:45 AM
Thanks for the tips. It would be strictly for reds.

Paul65K
01-24-2014, 09:08 AM
Thanks for the tips. It would be strictly for reds.
Good man :thumb:

What kind of capacity are you looking for?

GRADS
01-24-2014, 09:24 AM

The one we have now is about 50 bottles but the only way that is accomplished is by alternating them frontwards and backwards. I would like to be able to access all bottles instantly instead of having to pull 2 out to get to 1....if that makes sense. I want one that will allow at least 50 bottom of the bottles face outwards.

Paul65K
01-24-2014, 09:32 AM

I had one of these in the Kitchen in our last house and it was fine for the everyday stuff that we didn't have in the cellar,,,,,,served us well and was reasonably priced; http://www.costco.com/Vinotemp-54-Bottle-Touch-Screen-Wine-Cooler.product.100039909.html

But if you have the room in a garage or other room I'd go with one of these....you never know when you might find a couple of cases of wine you like on a trip to Napa :D

http://www.costco.com/Vinotemp-160-bottle-Front-venting-Multi-zone-Wine-Cooler.product.100038071.html

GRADS
01-24-2014, 09:42 AM
I had one of these in the Kitchen in our last house and it was fine for the everyday stuff that we didn't have in the cellar,,,,,,served us well and was reasonably priced; http://www.costco.com/Vinotemp-54-Bottle-Touch-Screen-Wine-Cooler.product.100039909.html

But if you have the room in a garage or other room I'd go with one of these....you never know when you might find a couple of cases of wine you like on a trip to Napa :D

http://www.costco.com/Vinotemp-160-bottle-Front-venting-Multi-zone-Wine-Cooler.product.100038071.html

That first one is kind of like what I have now. I need something bigger like the second one and I have the perfect spot for it. Ironic how I'm on the fence about spending that much for a fridge bet yet the wine I want to put in it is worth many times more.

Paul65K
01-24-2014, 10:17 AM
That first one is kind of like what I have now. I need something bigger like the second one and I have the perfect spot for it. Ironic how I'm on the fence about spending that much for a fridge bet yet the wine I want to put in it is worth many times more.I'd hang on for a month or 2 and check on this often.......they have 2-300 specials from time to time......tehy also have similar units in the warehouse from time to time for 999 as they save $$ on shipping by delivering in bulk to the warehouse.

Cheers!

Paul65K
01-29-2014, 06:25 AM
Just got the Costco coupon booklet last night and it looks like they have $200 off on the wine refer above for the next few weeks......you might want to check it out.

GRADS
01-29-2014, 03:17 PM
Just got the Costco coupon booklet last night and it looks like they have $200 off on the wine refer above for the next few weeks......you might want to check it out.

Cool thanks for the heads up.