PDA

View Full Version : Badenochs on the River is closing.

Bobby V
01-21-2014, 10:34 PM
Janice is retiring after 40 years and is closing the place down. We used to stop on our way home from Havasu for breakfast some trips.

Wheeler
01-21-2014, 10:41 PM
Janice is retiring after 40 years and is closing the place down. We used to stop on our way home from Havasu for breakfast some trips.

I heard that the indian girl is taking it over.

Bobby V
01-21-2014, 10:46 PM

Maybe but on Badenochs facebook page it says she was grandfathered in being on Indian land and there were to many repairs to be done.

ChumpChange
01-21-2014, 10:50 PM

Dot or Feather?

Sorry for that comment. I listen to Handel on the Law too much. :D

Wheeler
01-21-2014, 10:54 PM
Dot or Feather?

I'm not sure, they all look alike to me.:D

gn7
01-21-2014, 11:50 PM
Dot or Feather?

OK, now that was just a purely racial remark.

BUT IT DIDN'T STOP ME FROM LAUGHING MY ASS OFF!:shhh:

Wheeler
01-22-2014, 12:22 AM
OK, now that was just a purely racial remark.

BUT IT DIDN'T STOP ME FROM LAUGHING MY ASS OFF!

Ok Archie! it's only been one day since the Prophets big day and your already starting. :shhh:

HB Vic
01-22-2014, 07:59 AM
That's too bad, liked that place.

hbchgirl
01-22-2014, 08:32 AM
Too bad! :(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SBS933
01-22-2014, 11:56 AM
Badenochs seemed to be losing their touch for the last few years.

Wendi
01-22-2014, 12:17 PM
They will be missed. Sorry we didn't enjoy one last breakfast there last weekend!

SBS933
01-22-2014, 12:24 PM
They will be missed. Sorry we didn't enjoy one last breakfast there last weekend! Someone will keep it going, I remember the same thing went on with RoadRunner. How about The Hot Boat Cantina ?

Wendi
01-22-2014, 12:46 PM
Someone will keep it going, I remember the same thing went on with RoadRunner. How about The Hot Boat Cantina ?

Not liking the cantina much these days! Our girls aren't working there . All the food is fattening and they wouldn't give us the football drink deals had to wait till the game was live. Which it started 20 min later and she never came back to ask us if we wanted drinks nor did she inform us the special was back on.

Disclaimer I did not partake in any alcohol day 22 of sobriety.

H2oSki2Fast
01-22-2014, 12:48 PM
They will be missed. Sorry we didn't enjoy one last breakfast there last weekend!

I don't think they were open. They're usually closed for the winter, except for certain events/holidays.

Teded
01-22-2014, 01:02 PM
I don't think they were open. They're usually closed for the winter, except for certain events/holidays.

They close at thanksgiving, open back up spring break. Still time for somebody to step in, some times that line for breakfast was 30 or so deep.

Sent from space somehow

SBS933
01-22-2014, 01:26 PM
Not liking the cantina much these days! Our girls aren't working there . All the food is fattening and they wouldn't give us the football drink deals had to wait till the game was live. Which it started 20 min later and she never came back to ask us if we wanted drinks nor did she inform us the special was back on.

Disclaimer I did not partake in any alcohol day 22 of sobriety. I was stating, Hot Boat should buy the place and Re-Name it. :knockout:

Wendi
01-22-2014, 01:28 PM
I was stating, Hot Boat should buy the place and Re-Name it. :knockout:
Duh! LOL

Bobby V
01-22-2014, 01:36 PM
They close at thanksgiving, open back up spring break. Still time for somebody to step in, some times that line for breakfast was 30 or so deep.

Sent from space somehow

See post #3.

Teded
01-22-2014, 02:57 PM
See post #3.

?

Sent from space somehow

CampbellCarl
01-22-2014, 07:27 PM
Sale of the business brings on a new lease with CRIT (rumored at 2X-3X current rate) then upgraded county regulations (read no more grandfather clauses).....end result is that the numbers don't work for a viable business model.

So sad, feels like loosing a family member. I think that my last meal there was Enduro weekend. So sad.....

CC

HB Vic
01-22-2014, 10:15 PM
Sale of the business brings on a new lease with CRIT (rumored at 2X-3X current rate) then upgraded county regulations (read no more grandfather clauses).....end result is that the numbers don't work for a viable business model.

So sad, feels like loosing a family member. I think that my last meal there was Enduro weekend. So sad.....

CC

Yup. Used to take the kids there when they were pups. I remember when we had a pretty small closed deck boat shutting loads of people back and forth. By the time I got everyone there the first group was done and it was time to take them back. I don't think I got to eat that day LOL.

Lotta memories there for sure.