PDA

View Full Version : TV Audio Question

ChumpChange
01-19-2014, 09:18 PM
So I have no idea what to search for on Google. One of my kids must have hit a button on the remote control so now I have some lady(not part of the show) explaining every action on the screen. So my TV somehow entered blind person mode and I have no idea how to turn it off. Nothing in Audio even references anything like this.

What is this setting called so I can turn it off? About to reset the entire TV to default settings. It's a Vizio Smart LED TV.

FormulaZR
01-19-2014, 09:24 PM
It may have had the audio changed to SAP (Secondary Audio Program).

If a TV has the function, it's usually under audio - typically the settings are Stereo, Mono, SAP.

ChumpChange
01-19-2014, 09:26 PM
So I think it might be called Audio Description mode. Once I realized this would be for blind people and not deaf people, the search is becoming easier. Nothing anywhere takes me to anything referencing this......

Tishimself
01-19-2014, 10:21 PM
So I think it might be called Audio Description mode. Once I realized this would be for blind people and not deaf people, the search is becoming easier. Nothing anywhere takes me to anything referencing this......

Should be under video options on the controller....also look for a setup button, go there...

Also, turn it off, unplug it for a minute, plug it back in...see if it resets....there might be a button under the screen to manually access the setup screen??

FormulaZR
01-20-2014, 09:25 AM
Do you have a model number for the TV?

For an E-series Vizio the setting is under Analog MTS.

Also, if you have satellite or cable - it's possible that this was enabled on the box.

GRADS
01-20-2014, 12:12 PM
Just close your eyes....