PDA

View Full Version : Larry Flynt...

2manymustangs
01-19-2014, 07:58 AM
Larry Flynt coming up soon on CBS "Sunday Morning Show"... In a few minutes...

Alot of HB roots/history there with Larry, I think...

Stainless
01-19-2014, 08:04 AM
Damn. I just took off hiking.

CH3NO2

2manymustangs
01-19-2014, 08:09 AM
CBS archives the show on their website :)

Stainless
01-19-2014, 08:12 AM
Is he still alive?

CH3NO2

Wendi
01-19-2014, 08:20 AM
Larry Flynt coming up soon on CBS "Sunday Morning Show"... In a few minutes...

Alot of HB roots/history there with Larry, I think...

He owns the publishing rights of the HB magazine

314joey
01-19-2014, 08:30 AM
I tevoed it, I'll watch it after I take my morning........................well you know.

Eli
01-19-2014, 08:48 AM
I tevoed it, I'll watch it after I take my morning........................well you know.

Morning boat ride? Is that when Terri get her handcuffs removed?

I thought you're in Vegas this weekend?

Sent from my Bat Cave

314joey
01-19-2014, 09:24 AM
Morning boat ride? Is that when Terri get her handcuffs removed?

I thought you're in Vegas this weekend?

Sent from my Bat Cave

We postponed the trip because of Rowdy getting hurt, we didn't want to leave her until she was 99% recovered, Vegas isn't going anywhere, gotta make sure our baby is OK, I'm sure you unnderstand.

Eli
01-19-2014, 09:31 AM
We postponed the trip because of Rowdy getting hurt, we didn't want to leave her until she was 99% recovered, Vegas isn't going anywhere, gotta make sure our baby is OK, I'm sure you unnderstand.

Yea I definitely understand. Maybe you can go for Super Bowl. I will be there...that would be sooooo AWESOME! It would take Vegas months to recover from a 314Joey, Terri and Eli trip! We already have a place reserved to watch the game and it's awesome you two can join us. I believe there is a UFC fight that Saturday too.

2MM sorry I hijacked your thread ;)

HB Vic
01-19-2014, 11:13 AM
7am? really? LOL

hbchgirl
01-19-2014, 11:31 AM
Thanks!

gn7
01-19-2014, 12:28 PM
He owns the publishing rights of the HB magazine

Still? Did he get the rights back when it crashed?

HB Vic
01-19-2014, 12:40 PM
Still? Did he get the rights back when it crashed?

Not sure that's true, I believe another party is involved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gn7
01-19-2014, 01:25 PM
Not sure that's true, I believe another party is involved.

Hot Boat was sold to Darrin Davidson. Chris Davidson was chief editor at the time and was interested buying it as well. It got a little ugly and Chris left and started Performance Boat. Darrin pretty much ran HB into the ground, may have even been some shady business with funds going on, who knows. Darrin was scrambling to find investors, but he thing was too toxic. Anyway, it crashed. I just thought Wendi may have known something regarding LFP re-acquiring the name.

Larry really had very little to do with the publication of HB, it was Liz Flints deal.

Stainless
01-19-2014, 01:56 PM
Hot Boat was sold to Darrin Davidson. Chris Davidson was chief editor at the time and was interested buying it as well. It got a little ugly and Chris left and started Performance Boat. Darrin pretty much ran HB into the ground, may have even been some shady business with funds going on, who knows. Darrin was scrambling to find investors, but he thing was too toxic. Anyway, it crashed. I just thought Wendi may have known something regarding LFP re-acquiring the name.

Larry really had very little to do with the publication of HB, it was Liz Flints deal.

What happened to Darrin Davidson?

I remember Chris talking about how eccentric Larry Flynt was.

CH3NO2

Sharp shooter
01-19-2014, 03:15 PM

The story I got back then was Larry Flynt expressed an interest in selling HB and Darrin with help from an investor came in with a covert offer and bought the magazine. He then dumped Chris who was Darrin's boss and several others. Family feud at its finest. Chris rebounded with Performance boats Magazine and Darrin's efforts fizzled. As Hotboat was spiraling downhill and Chris was gathering up his team and resources, River Dave started up his website.

I'd like to hear the story from Havasuing.

gn7
01-19-2014, 04:07 PM
The story I got back then was Larry Flynt expressed an interest in selling HB and Darrin with help from an investor came in with a covert offer and bought the magazine. He then dumped Chris who was Darrin's boss and several others. Family feud at its finest. Chris rebounded with Performance boats Magazine and Darrin's efforts fizzled. As Hotboat was spiraling downhill and Chris was gathering up his team and resources, River Dave started up his website.

I'd like to hear the story from Havasuing.
I am sure Brown has the dirt. :happy:
That's pretty much how I heard it. LFP had a pretty good sized library and HM was just one mag. He had rags like Guns and Ammo, Field and Stream and a few others, and was looking to dump them. Both were looking at buying it, and I think Chris's was working with Darrin on buying it. Then like you said, Darrin and some others snaked and toss Chris out. '
Not sure how RDP fits in there. His website is like comparing Monet Champaign to Red Mountain wine. That shit hole was never and will never be in the same league as HB,com was. All it did was dredge off the shit that was collecting at HB and move it to a separate dump site. All the better in my opinion. The people there are the ones that stank up the place. They were in need of their own shit hole before old HB.com shut down.

2manymustangs
01-19-2014, 04:43 PM
Vic, please feel free to move this thread to wherever you choose OR delete it all together... I never expected it to take this turn, sorry...

The story I heard directly from Chris Davidson, whom I still consider a good friend went NOTHING like what I am reading above... You may want to move this to the URBAN Legend / Fictional Reading section of the forums... :)

314joey
01-19-2014, 04:48 PM
Yea I definitely understand. Maybe you can go for Super Bowl. I will be there...that would be sooooo AWESOME! It would take Vegas months to recover from a 314Joey, Terri and Eli trip! We already have a place reserved to watch the game and it's awesome you two can join us. I believe there is a UFC fight that Saturday too.

2MM sorry I hijacked your thread ;)

Sounds like this thread needed hi-jacking, are you still going to watch the SB at sin city without the stud playing.

gn7
01-19-2014, 04:54 PM
Vic, please feel free to move this thread to wherever you choose OR delete it all together... I never expected it to take this turn, sorry...

The story I heard directly from Chris Davidson, whom I still consider a good friend went NOTHING like what I am reading above... You may want to move this to the URBAN Legend / Fictional Reading section of the forums... :)

Chris was being nice.
You know what they say about airing dirty family laundry.

HB Vic
01-19-2014, 05:05 PM
As long as we're not discussing facts I'll leave it up :D

gn7
01-19-2014, 05:21 PM
As long as we're not discussing facts I'll leave it up :D

I am sure 2MM has the E! True Hollywood Story.
Shooter and I just got into this game. so we might fall some bullshit story.

HB Vic
01-19-2014, 05:35 PM
I am sure 2MM has the E! True Hollywood Story.
Shooter and I just got into this game. so we might fall some bullshit story.

As long as everyone will donate to my defense fund when I get sued, post away lol

gn7
01-19-2014, 06:58 PM
As long as everyone will donate to my defense fund when I get sued, post away lol

By who, Darrin? I think he is hiding in a cave somewhere in Outer Mongolia. At least should be. I have a 2 subscription I would love to remove from his ass. And something tells me between the advertisers, and a few others, I am teenie tiny chump change.
Maybe someone that doesn't recognize bankruptcy law found him. :schreck:

HB Vic
01-19-2014, 07:00 PM
By who, Darrin? I think he is hiding in a cave somewhere in Outer Mongolia. At least should be. I have a 2 subscription I would love to remove from his ass.

I heard he's in Havasu :D

gn7
01-19-2014, 07:35 PM
I heard he's in Havasu :D

Hopefully grinding glass at Advantage IN THE NUDE

rschap1
01-20-2014, 11:16 AM
Those were the good ole days when LFP put out the mag:)
Whoever the "new" owners were after that and how ever they aquired it, they sure F"D up a good thing.
I still remember a bunch of BS articles from some snotty bi+ch about watches, deck shoes, and other disgusting $hi+.
It was obvious that whoever was steering that boat wanted to brag and flaunt more than write anything anyone with a brain cared about.
Didn't take a fortune teller to see that folding up.
SAD it went that way AND so many subscribers and everyone else got f'd too.
:(

GRADS
01-20-2014, 11:50 AM
Hot Boat had a magazine?

gn7
01-20-2014, 01:23 PM
Those were the good ole days when LFP put out the mag:)
Whoever the "new" owners were after that and how ever they aquired it, they sure F"D up a good thing.
I still remember a bunch of BS articles from some snotty bi+ch about watches, deck shoes, and other disgusting $hi+.
It was obvious that whoever was steering that boat wanted to brag and flaunt more than write anything anyone with a brain cared about.
Didn't take a fortune teller to see that folding up.
SAD it went that way AND so many subscribers and everyone else got f'd too.
:(

That was for the benefit of the DCB owners sitting in the channel snacking on champagne, brie and crackers or cruising to Nassau in the Bahamas for lunch. He was looking for a different "high end" clientele. May have had something to do with the "backers" Who knows. But the people that made the magazine work, hauled ass out of Dodge, and there was nowhere near enough DCB owners to float the boat.

I never saw her as snooty bitch.

HB Vic
01-20-2014, 01:46 PM
GN7, please do not use that word with or without missing letters. Thank you Sir

JBS
01-20-2014, 02:08 PM
That was for the benefit of the DCB owners sitting in the channel snacking on champagne, brie and crackers or cruising to Nassau in the Bahamas for lunch. He was looking for a different "high end" clientele. May have had something to do with the "backers" Who knows. But the people that made the magazine work, hauled ass out of Dodge, and there was nowhere near enough DCB owners to float the boat.

I never saw her as snooty bitch.

Why is this guy allowed to run on about DCB all the time? Having owned 2 DCB's in the past and in all likelihood I will own another I find him insulting. Is this really what HB is about?

gn7
01-20-2014, 02:10 PM

No problem Vic. I promise to never use that fucking word again, with or without the fucking missing letters.

GRADS
01-20-2014, 02:16 PM
You guys argue about some pretty stupid shit.

gn7
01-20-2014, 02:18 PM
Why is this guy allowed to run on about DCB all the time? Having owned 2 DCB's in the past and in all likelihood I will own another I find him insulting. Is this really what HB is about?

That's OK, I feel insulted by most DCB owners I run across. So we are square. :biggrin: I could switch to Outerlimits owners, but I am sure that would piss off those thin skinned whiners just as much as it does you. You should hear how I feel about jet boaters, and lake lice. I am an equal opportunity hater. Its just your turn in the barrel. Now that you brought it up though, I always tend to go with what works.

GRADS
01-20-2014, 02:22 PM
You should hear how I feel about jet boaters

Now you're talking my language. ;)

WMC
01-20-2014, 02:58 PM
Don't hate on jet boats or DCB I like them both. And Magic.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

HB Vic
01-20-2014, 03:40 PM

Is this really what HB is all about?? I seem to get this a lot. What is HB all about to you?? Seriously, I'm curious. I have my ideas, but I'd like to hear it from others.

As far as GN7, so far he's not said anything negative about DCB's, in fact, just the opposite. Most of the time he relates DCB's to the finer things in life, sure on occasion he brings up the channel and zip ties, but that isn't offensive to me. My boat has never been parked in the channel ever, and it does have a lot of zip ties, so no sweat off my brow :D His other comment had nothing to do with DCB's, it was removed because it was offensive.

Bob is an equal opportunity chastiser. He spreads his love pretty evenly across the board. He's about as straight forward as they come, which I personally appreciate. His fascination with Ford motors is pretty interesting though. If I were a betting man, I'd bet that he secretly loves Ford engines :D

How's the family??

JBS
01-20-2014, 04:03 PM
Is this really what HB is all about?? I seem to get this a lot. What is HB all about to you?? Seriously, I'm curious. I have my ideas, but I'd like to hear it from others.

As far as GN7, so far he's not said anything negative about DCB's, in fact, just the opposite. Most of the time he relates DCB's to the finer things in life, sure on occasion he brings up the channel and zip ties, but that isn't offensive to me. My boat has never been parked in the channel ever, and it does have a lot of zip ties, so no sweat off my brow :D His other comment had nothing to do with DCB's, it was removed because it was offensive.

Bob is an equal opportunity chastiser. He spreads his love pretty evenly across the board. He's about as straight forward as they come, which I personally appreciate. His fascination with Ford motors is pretty interesting though. If I was a betting man, I'd bet that he secretly loves Ford engines :D

How's the family??

Vic the family is great. The 2 older daughters were out to Parker this past weekend. Me not so Lucky.

You know when I go back and read what I quoted of GN7 I guess its not that bad but I really don't get the negativity. At the end of the day people want to be around positive people. It was my understanding that HB was a positive place :)

HB Vic
01-20-2014, 04:08 PM
Vic the family is great. The 2 older daughters were out to Parker this past weekend. Me not so Lucky.

You know when I go back and read what I quoted of GN7 I guess its not that bad but I really don't get the negativity. At the end of the day people want to be around positive people. It was my understanding that HB was a positive place :)

HB is a positive place. Just not all the time. If it was positive all the time it would be BS, not HB LOL

I've gotten to know Bob a little and actually met him once. He writes just like he talks. There is positive in what he says, you just have to listen a little closer :D

I'd much rather have it that way vs the other way. You know exactly where you stand with Bob, and I like that :D

HB Vic
01-20-2014, 04:12 PM
No problem Vic. I promise to never use that fucking word again, with or without the fucking missing letters.

I read this while I was driving and I'll have you know I really did laugh out loud LOL :D

Havasuing
01-20-2014, 06:53 PM
gn7 is right.....the saga of "Hot Boat" from Petersen Publishing, Bob Thomas, Jerry Tidwell, Dave Severson, Bob Nordskog, Chuck and Dottie Pierce, etc., etc., etc., would make an incredible TV mini series -- for cable viewers only!