PDA

View Full Version : Washing Machine Won't Spin

Stainless
01-18-2014, 07:29 PM
I checked out a couple of trouble shooting/repair videos and symptoms point to the flex coupling. Tomorrow, I'm gonna turn it upside down and see if that's it. Fucker's just out of warranty, that's two of these in a few weeks. Manufacturers must engineer stuff to break as soon as warranty is over. :(

Bench race driver of the NHRA 16X Castrol GTX Mustang

HB Vic
01-18-2014, 07:32 PM
Back when I used to work on my shit I had that happen. Problem is I'm so old now I don't remember how I fixed it lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gn7
01-18-2014, 07:36 PM
Straight to the lid switch first. Just bypass/jump the POS and try it.

If that's it, I will PM where to send the check.

Stainless
01-18-2014, 07:40 PM
Straight to the lid switch first. Just bypass/jump the POS and try it.

If that's it, I will PM where to send the check.

I pushed the lid switch in with a screwdriver and it activates motor.

ChumpChange
01-18-2014, 07:40 PM
Had this issue a few years back. Agitator Dogs. $5 part and about ten minutes and it was back as new. Watched a YouTube video to fix it.

Stainless
01-18-2014, 07:47 PM
Had this issue a few years back. Agitator Dogs. $5 part and about ten minutes and it was back as new. Watched a YouTube video to fix it.

Thanks, I'll check them. They are easy to get to on top. I had this happen on last washer.

2manymustangs
01-18-2014, 07:54 PM
Thanks, I'll check them. They are easy to get to on top. I had this happen on last washer.

Youtube is a GREAT resource, like Mateo stated, when it comes to the DISassembly... I have been patching up my washer for sooooooo long now... It is WAY past nine lives, Im just getting tired of looking at it so I promised to buy a new set when either the dryer or washer breaks the next time...

I'm surprised that it wasn't the switch on the lid like GN7 said, thats a pretty common one...

I haven't found anything on the washer that is actually hard to repair and have done a transmission, motor, pump, coupler, door switch and the water level switch on this old set that I'm nursing along... PITA getting them OUT and disposed of and the new units in place or these would have been LONG gone...

Stainless
01-18-2014, 07:58 PM
Youtube is a GREAT resource, like Mateo stated, when it comes to the DISassembly... I have been patching up my washer for sooooooo long now... It is WAY past nine lives, Im just getting tired of looking at it so I promised to buy a new set when either the dryer or washer breaks the next time...

I'm surprised that it wasn't the switch on the lid like GN7 said, thats a pretty common one...

I haven't found anything on the washer that is actually hard to repair and have done a transmission, motor, pump, coupler, door switch and the water level switch on this old set that I'm nursing along... PITA getting them OUT and disposed of and the new units in place or these would have been LONG gone...

Thanks, if it turns out to be transmission I'll probably just head to Costco. I have replaced a switch on dryer door once. Your right, they aren't ratchet science.

CH3NO2

SBS933
01-18-2014, 08:03 PM
If you take out a contract on all your appliances you will be as good as gold. I have never had any luck with the lid switch, everyone else does. I only had luck with the defrost timer once on my fridge. Other than that it was always back to the appliance store.

2manymustangs
01-18-2014, 08:05 PM
Thanks, if it turns out to be transmission I'll probably just head to Costco. I have replaced a switch on dryer door once. Your right, they aren't ratchet science.

CH3NO2

The last time mine wouldnt spin it was the small plastic/rubber/plastic "lovejoy" coupling that came apart... It's a blur now but I know that was the broken part... Seems like it would wash/agitate but not spin/extract...

Stainless
If you take out a contract on all your appliances you will be as good as gold. I have never had any luck with the lid switch, everyone else does. I only had luck with the defrost timer once on my fridge. Other than that it was always back to the appliance store.

My beer fridge is out too. :(

CH3NO2

28eliminator
Sounds like you over revved it and threw a rod.. Better pull the pan and get back to us :D

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2manymustangs
01-18-2014, 08:07 PM
My beer fridge is out too. :(

CH3NO2

Now THAT is serious... You can take your dirty clothes down to the creek and beat them on a rock/wash them... But warm beer??? BLECH!!!!!

Stainless
01-18-2014, 08:07 PM
The last time mine wouldnt spin it was the small plastic/rubber/plastic "lovejoy" coupling that came apart... It's a blur now but I know that was the broken part... Seems like it would wash/agitate but not spin/extract...

Yea, the video I watched was making the same noise mine has and they replaced the flex coupling. Looks easy to fix.

CH3NO2

2manymustangs
01-18-2014, 08:10 PM
Yea, the video I watched was making the same noise mine has and they replaced the flex coupling. Looks easy to fix.

CH3NO2

some small spring clips are all that holds the MFing motor to the frame BUT if you dont get the plastic halves all the way onto the motor shaft you wont ever get the spring clips to latch... I was shy by about 1/16" of having the plastic part all the way on the motor shaft and it wouldn't latch back together, I used a deep socket as a drift to tap it the rest of the way on so that I didn't crack the little drive dogs on the coupler... It's coming back to me now... :bangmyhead:

Also, if the coupler halves arent all the way in place it will load the armature to the opposite end of the motor housing/bearings and it will drag, make sure it spins freely by and after you get it back together and your golden...

Stainless
01-18-2014, 08:10 PM
Sounds like you over revved it and threw a rod.. Better pull the pan and get back to us :D

:D
The real punishment would be going to a laundromat to wash clothes. :(

CH3NO2

Stainless
01-18-2014, 08:11 PM
some small spring clips are all that holds the MFing motor to the frame BUT if you dont get the plastic halves all the way onto the motor shaft you wont ever get the spring clips to latch... It's coming back to me now... :bangmyhead:

Yea, I saw those in video. Thanks!

CH3NO2

2manymustangs
01-18-2014, 08:15 PM
:D
The real punishment would be going to a laundromat to wash clothes. :(

CH3NO2

Ugh, i think i would toss the dirty clothes and buy new before I went to that extreme... :schreck:

gn7
01-18-2014, 10:38 PM
Excuse me gentlemen.

VIC! Can you please move this nonsense to the tech forum, or put it with the gizmo that makes smoothies and protein drinks.

Thank you

WESTERNAERO
01-18-2014, 10:40 PM
Excuse me gentlemen.

VIC! Can you please move this nonsense to the tech forum. Thank you!
There's a tech section?

28eliminator
01-18-2014, 10:41 PM
There's a tech section?

Yeah.. But Bob is the only one in it...lol

WESTERNAERO
01-18-2014, 10:42 PM
Figures 2MM is replying to this, ford engines and washing machines go hand in hand. :lmao:lmao:lmao

gn7
01-18-2014, 10:43 PM
I think you can find the tech forum just above the Roll Bar Boat forum and the PWC.

28eliminator
01-18-2014, 11:06 PM
Figures 2MM is replying to this, ford engines and washing machines go hand in hand. :lmao:lmao:lmao

Lmfao....

gn7
01-18-2014, 11:13 PM
:yikes:

WESTERNAERO
01-18-2014, 11:15 PM
:yikes:

Oh yeah! I'm saving that right there.

WESTERNAERO
01-18-2014, 11:20 PM
Lmfao....

Bet you a quarter your washer broke a belt just like 2MM's bicycle chain cam heads. :happy:

gn7
01-18-2014, 11:23 PM
:LMAOsmiley: :LMAOsmiley: :LMAOsmiley:

:lmao :lmao :lmao

Yeah, a bicycle build for 6

Bet you a quarter your washer broke a belt just like 2MM's bicycle chain cam heads. :happy:

Ziggy
01-18-2014, 11:31 PM
Get a new efficient one.
Firepit barrel and sell the other parts to schmucks on Ebay trying to fix their old shit. :D:D

GRADS
01-18-2014, 11:47 PM
Two fucking pages about a broken washing machine?...must be winter

WESTERNAERO
01-18-2014, 11:53 PM

How about you wash the pink dildo, that things got to be nasty ad fuck. :yikes:

gn7
01-18-2014, 11:57 PM

Youn't are shittin Grads. It almost as bad as the airplane and hole in the lake threads. Now those bored me to fucking tears. But we have 3 pages to go before we waste that much of my life.

SBS933
01-19-2014, 12:10 AM
How about this, I'll give you my fucking washing machine. And tell GRADS to stop posting Dildos being shoved up his ass.

WESTERNAERO
01-19-2014, 12:13 AM
How about this, I'll give you my fucking washing machine. And tell GRADS to stop posting Dildos being shoved up his ass.

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

gn7
01-19-2014, 12:15 AM

And somehow, the video with the 2 hot babes in the flat was too risqué for this site.

I am calling bullshit. It was the flat bottom that got that video pulled down. Last thing we need here is a blown flatty taking up broadband.

SBS933
01-19-2014, 12:20 AM
Yep , Probably right.

gn7
01-19-2014, 12:25 AM
Yep , Probably right.

6 hotties going down on each other is fine.......if they are on the deck of a twin 1650 powered M41 DCB sitting on trailer! Who would notice the bitches.

WESTERNAERO
01-19-2014, 12:25 AM
And somehow, the video with the 2 hot babes in the flat was too risqué for this site.

I am calling bullshit. It was the flat bottom that got that video pulled down. Last thing we need here is a blown flatty taking up broadband.
Still don't see any tit shot on that video. I've watched that thing ten times.

gn7
01-19-2014, 12:26 AM
You're not 8 years old dummie! Haul your lap top down to the kindergarden and have them show you. Right after he shows you how to log on to XHamster

WESTERNAERO
01-19-2014, 12:28 AM
You're not 8 years old dummie! Haul your lap top down to the kindergarden and have them show you. Right after he shows you how to log on to XHamster

Maybe I just don't give a shit. Getting Old I guess.

28eliminator
01-19-2014, 12:31 AM

Xhamster.... Lol :)

Sent from somewhere on the water

SBS933
01-19-2014, 12:32 AM
Tits suck, show me some ass. I aint P.M. anyone to get that video.

HB Vic
01-19-2014, 12:36 AM

LOL send me your email address and I'll send you the screenshot. Can't put up nudity, not worth it.

WESTERNAERO
01-19-2014, 12:36 AM
Tits suck, show me some ass. I aint P.M. anyone to get that video.

:signhuh:

WESTERNAERO
01-19-2014, 12:37 AM
LOL send me your email address and I'll send you the screenshot. Can't put up nudity, not worth it.

Holy shit! Working the late shift are ya?

HB Vic
01-19-2014, 12:39 AM
Holy shit! Working the late shift are ya?

Its Saturday, I got a pass :D

WESTERNAERO
01-19-2014, 12:41 AM
Its Saturday, I got a pass :D

You're just watching cuz you know there are 4 drunk gentlemen posting right now. :wink:

HB Vic
01-19-2014, 12:42 AM
You're just watching cuz you know there are 4 drunk gentlemen posting right now. :wink:

With me makes 5 :D

WESTERNAERO
01-19-2014, 12:43 AM
With me makes 5 :D

Yeah, and use gentlemen very loosely.:lmao

ora61
01-19-2014, 12:44 AM
I'll give you ass shots.

WESTERNAERO
01-19-2014, 12:46 AM
I'll give you ass shots.

Oh yeah? Who's ass? :lmao

gn7
01-19-2014, 01:59 AM
Maybe I just don't give a shit. Getting Old I guess.

I cleaned it up for the Quakers and Shakers on the site and reposted it in the video forum.

Stainless
01-19-2014, 06:46 AM
Damn, all this after I went to sleep, who would have thought? :D

CH3NO2

GRADS
01-19-2014, 08:49 AM
Youn't are shittin Grads. It almost as bad as the airplane and hole in the lake threads. Now those bored me to fucking tears. But we have 3 pages to go before we waste that much of my life.

Well someone thought the plane deal was interesting because I saw it on the national news last night.

ChumpChange
01-19-2014, 09:04 AM
Get a new efficient one.
Firepit barrel and sell the other parts to schmucks on Ebay trying to fix their old shit. :D:D

Efficient ones BLOW! We have the top if the line Samsung and would live to go back to what we had prior. Stupid part is there was nothing wrong with the other ones. We find ourselves throwing water in the machine prior to it weighing the load, otherwise there will be so little water the clothes don't get clean. Started turning all our whites grey and dingy. Old school is better if you want clean clothes.

Eli
01-19-2014, 09:15 AM
Efficient ones BLOW! We have the top if the line Samsung and would live to go back to what we had prior. Stupid part is there was nothing wrong with the other ones. We find ourselves throwing water in the machine prior to it weighing the load, otherwise there will be so little water the clothes don't get clean. Started turning all our whites grey and dingy. Old school is better if you want clean clothes.

I have the efficient ones and they are awesome! My only issue is they take longer. But my clothes are always clean. Maybe there is something wrong with your machine?

Sent from my Bat Cave

Napanutt
01-19-2014, 09:19 AM

We've had the LG front loaders for 3 or 4 years now and they work great.

ChumpChange
01-19-2014, 09:20 AM
I have the efficient ones and they are awesome! My only issue is they take longer. But my clothes are always clean. Maybe there is something wrong with your machine?

Sent from my Bat Cave

Theres something wrong. They suck!

Stainless
01-19-2014, 06:46 PM
Hey Bob, the driveshaft in my washing machine looks like the one in my outboard, only smaller. :D
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/20/urehumam.jpg

CH3NO2

Stainless
01-27-2014, 09:39 PM
Conclusion...fixed and running like new. It was the flex coupling. Anyone can be Mr Maytag with you tube. ;)

CH3NO2