PDA

View Full Version : HOTBOAT.com Story and Pictures from Bayfair 2012- Better late than never!

GotHalos
11-13-2012, 11:52 PM
:chuncky:

HotBoat.com kicked off with coverage of San Diego's Bayfair 2012, September 14-16. The event features racing from a broad spectrum of boat types. H1 Unlimited's, Lucas Oil drag boats, K-boats and even POPRA was represented. The local event draws over 100,000 spectators throughout the weekend from across the country, quite a feat in itself. The locale of the event is perfect for a weekend getaway. Close to multiple RV campgrounds, Pacific Beach and even Downtown SD is only a few miles away.

For any boating enthusiast this is another "must-see" type event. It is a weekend long experience with non-stop racing action. The H1 Unlimited Hydros are a spectacle in all themselves. If watching these boats fly across the water at 160+ MPH doesn't get you excited, you can simply walk over and watch Problem Child cruise to 250+ MPH across the bay. If you have a boat in the area you can even anchor in the bay, at a safe distance of course and watch from your boat. There were a few boats a little too close for comfort, to me anyways, anchored in turn 3 that would have been quite sketchy had a boat broken loose.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=CIGckadTgVo

Credit: MrWilierizoard

A 3-day pass to watch from prime seating in the bleachers is only $45. Fairly cheap for the type of event, and amount of racing to be seen over the weekend. The weather was a little hot back in Septmeber as we were having one of those month long heat-waves it seemed, but in the end it was well worth it. A great weekend with even better racing action. I hope you enjoy a few photos with hopefully more to come.

On a side note, congrats to the Oh Boy! Oberto and driver Steve David for being reinstated as the winner of H1 Unlimited that weekend.

rschap1
11-14-2012, 03:53 AM
Wow

Stainless
11-14-2012, 05:32 AM
Have not attended Bayfair, those pics make it enticing.:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HB Vic
11-14-2012, 08:09 AM
Very nice

GoFastRacer
11-14-2012, 08:20 AM
Been there a few times, it is a good time with good racing...

NdaWind
11-14-2012, 08:43 AM
This was our first time at Bayfair and we had a blast. Camped at Mission Bay RV Resort even met a few members there, the action was non stop and good viewing for offshore and H1's. Also spent some time over at Crowne Point park for the drag race and met even more members, what a great spot to watch the drags.

GotHalos
11-14-2012, 11:39 AM
Have not attended Bayfair, those pics make it enticing.:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Highly recommended, especially if the weather is good!! :D Bring a bike!

MissB
11-15-2012, 10:34 AM
Highly recommended, especially if the weather is good!! :D Bring a bike!

We biked around it was one of the hottest days of the year, but we had a blast! Met Hotboat and his lovely wife, Nadawind and another member. But it was a blast! I highly recommend it! Thanks for the pics Goth!

HB Vic
11-15-2012, 11:06 AM
We biked around it was one of the hottest days of the year, but we had a blast! Met Hotboat and his lovely wife, Nadawind and another member. But it was a blast! I highly recommend it! Thanks for the pics Goth!

Very nice meeting all of you. Had a blast and absolutely can't wait to do it again. We biked to the park on Sunday and I'm still sore. Should have done that on Saturday. Actually next year I want to try and camp at the park, thats where all the action is.

Wonder if they allow Fireball?? LOL

NdaWind
11-15-2012, 03:25 PM
Very nice meeting all of you. Had a blast and absolutely can't wait to do it again. We biked to the park on Sunday and I'm still sore. Should have done that on Saturday. Actually next year I want to try and camp at the park, thats where all the action is.

Wonder if they allow Fireball?? LOL

Those spots at the park are hard to get they let the people that had them the previous year have first dibs and pricey($700+). The other campground (campland)would get you closer but better reserve a spot way in advance.

HB Vic
09-09-2013, 05:08 PM
Bump. Our graphics were a little crude back then lol. Gonna miss the TF boats for sure.

riverrunner1984
09-09-2013, 07:21 PM
New Logo is 100x better!!!!

HB Vic
09-09-2013, 07:23 PM
New Logo is 100x better!!!!

That was back when we had no budget. Even though we still have no budget :D