PDA

View Full Version : Aerial Magic Deck Boat Ride- VIDEO

GotHalos
01-09-2014, 08:01 PM
After a lot of practice and a couple of nerve suppressors here is the final product. Keep in mind that this is my first ever attempt at something like this, the same goes for WMC (the driver). The camera is not positioned exactly how it should be and I already have that minor issue fixed. I chose not to crop the footage to get rid of the crossbar in the camera view for fear of sacrificing video quality.

I think for our first try, this video gives a sneak peek in to what we are capable of. Also, I am better at flying than I am editing so bear with me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddjHET38hH0

ChumpChange
01-09-2014, 08:05 PM
Very cool. Was hopin for some vid after the still shot was released. How fast can it fly?

GotHalos
01-09-2014, 08:09 PM
Very cool. Was hopin for some vid after the still shot was released. How fast can it fly?

I'm still not sure but we are going well over 20 MPH in the video, with some throttle left on the controller. Only time will tell :)

BoatsandBees
01-09-2014, 08:10 PM
Sweet video booo! Good job!

Stainless
01-09-2014, 08:10 PM
Awesome Ron! How well can you see the photo subject while your taping? Yea, how fast can it fly? :)

CH3NO2

Stainless
01-09-2014, 08:11 PM
Sweet video booo! Good job!

Shh, don't give him an ego. :D

CH3NO2

BoatsandBees
01-09-2014, 08:12 PM
Shh, don't give him an ego. :D

CH3NO2

Lol oops

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

GotHalos
01-09-2014, 08:15 PM
Awesome Ron! How well can you see the photo subject while your taping? Yea, how fast can it fly? :)

CH3NO2

I still haven't switched out controllers so here, I am flying blind not knowing what I am filming. The sun was also pretty bad this day so that did not help.

I really wasn't sure what was going to happen after only testing the driving/flying combo twice with a golf cart, LOL.

Stainless
01-09-2014, 08:18 PM
I still haven't switched out controllers so here, I am flying blind not knowing what I am filming. The sun was also pretty bad this day so that did not help.

I really wasn't sure what was going to happen after only testing the driving/flying combo twice with a golf cart, LOL.

Wow, I had no idea you can't see the subject, even more awesome then! ;)

CH3NO2

crash
01-09-2014, 08:24 PM
That is really cool I didn't know you guys did that, good job

GotHalos
01-09-2014, 08:27 PM
That is really cool I didn't know you guys did that, good job

It was a spur of the moment thing. :)

28eliminator
01-09-2014, 08:54 PM
That's very cool.. Now, we want to see you land it on the deck of Will's boat... while underway :action-smiley-035:

Rock_Bottom
01-09-2014, 08:55 PM
Came out good bud!

JBS
01-09-2014, 08:56 PM
Ron

That is really Cool. I want flying lessons No bs

WMC
01-09-2014, 09:04 PM
Very Cool!!!!!!:yourock:

Tishimself
01-09-2014, 10:16 PM
You need one of these. This is the fastest RC helo in the world...capable of speeds over 150mph. Strap a go pro to the bottom of this and all but the very fastest boats could outrun you...still, that was an awesome video.....I imagine someday I will look out the side window of my cab and see one staring back in at me....BTW, you could make a SHITLOAD of money doing rail videos with that thing....much more than boats....and that is no joke.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNeuCBbkfCs

Eli
01-09-2014, 10:29 PM
Very cool!

Sent from my Bat Cave

GotHalos
01-09-2014, 10:55 PM
That's very cool.. Now, we want to see you land it on the deck of Will's boat... while underway :action-smiley-035:

Lol, if it didn't have 4 meat hungry blades spinning at a high rate I would be all over this. For now, I'll have to pass. :)

Came out good bud!

Ron

That is really Cool. I want flying lessons No bs

This can be arranged. :thumbup:

Very Cool!!!!!!:yourock:

Very cool!

Sent from my Bat Cave

Thanks everyone!

GotHalos
01-09-2014, 10:56 PM
You need one of these. This is the fastest RC helo in the world...capable of speeds over 150mph. Strap a go pro to the bottom of this and all but the very fastest boats could outrun you...still, that was an awesome video.....I imagine someday I will look out the side window of my cab and see one staring back in at me....BTW, you could make a SHITLOAD of money doing rail videos with that thing....much more than boats....and that is no joke.

Who do I talk to about this!?! :)

Get Some
01-09-2014, 10:57 PM
Time for some fpv goggles... Great vid

Tishimself
01-09-2014, 11:12 PM
Time for some fpv goggles... Great vid

He's right. With the goggles you can sit on the shore and with the help of a signal booster, have almost unlimited distance from where ever you are. OR if you were in the boat, you could have it over out of visual range filming anything you wanted and keeping up with you....I have often wondered how soon someone who get the FPV side of things...I cant fly them to save my life, so I never got into it.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GVTI0PeKTQ

This seems like a pretty nice rig....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/QAV540G-Quadcopter-Drone-Multirotor-BUNDLE-Gimbal-FPV-DX8-LiPos-everything-/191025353272?pt=Radio_Control_Vehicles&hash=item2c79ff9238

K-034
01-10-2014, 08:00 AM
Thats awsome Ron, that has to be hard to do.

Music to my Ears
01-10-2014, 08:04 AM
Very cool! Nice job and thanks for posting it!

Paul65K
01-10-2014, 08:23 AM
Wow.....amazing flying right there!!! :thumb:

AZKC
01-10-2014, 08:42 AM
Nice work guys. Just remember driver, drive the boat don't watch the drone:captain::biggrin: Don't want to end up in the reeds. :) Thanks for taking the time to try this stuff out.

GotHalos
01-10-2014, 09:49 AM
Thats awsome Ron, that has to be hard to do.

Very cool! Nice job and thanks for posting it!

Wow.....amazing flying right there!!! :thumb:

Nice work guys. Just remember driver, drive the boat don't watch the drone:captain::biggrin: Don't want to end up in the reeds. :) Thanks for taking the time to try this stuff out.

Thanks everyone! :) It wasn't easy considering I've already tested the buoyancy of this thing once before.

ChumpChange
01-10-2014, 09:52 AM
Can you get some video of you hovering and then a boat taking a high speed pass right under it?

HB Vic
01-10-2014, 09:53 AM
...considering I've already tested the buoyancy of this thing once before.

Which leads me to a question.

So, when you planned this little test, were you wearing trunks?? :D

Oh btw, very nice video!!

GotHalos
01-10-2014, 10:02 AM
Can you get some video of you hovering and then a boat taking a high speed pass right under it?

Funny you ask this, we did this right before the making of this video but the camera flipped out and didn't record the footage. The residual anger gave me the courage to try this. :)

Which leads me to a question.

So, when you planned this little test, were you wearing trunks?? :D

Oh btw, very nice video!!

No trunks, but I was very prepared to jump in at any moment. I was weary of battery life which is why its flying a little closer to the boat at the end of the video. :yikes:

Slacker
01-10-2014, 11:22 AM
That is Cool! It would be pretty cool to go thru the channel during Desert Storm this spring.

GotHalos
01-10-2014, 03:27 PM
That is Cool! It would be pretty cool to go thru the channel during Desert Storm this spring.

:thumbup:

Bobby V
01-10-2014, 03:35 PM
Thanks everyone! :) It wasn't easy considering I've already tested the buoyancy of this thing once before.

Have you tryed zip tieing some floatys onto it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnCsrUxRiP0

GotHalos
01-10-2014, 06:42 PM
Have you tryed zip tieing some floatys onto it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnCsrUxRiP0

I had floats on it for a while but they didn't help when I crashed because the structure came apart. I'll probably glue the landing skids together then put the floats back on for the next run.

rschap1
01-13-2014, 12:28 PM
Awesome
I think it is pretty cool
After attempting to pilot my brother's $20 toy chopper around my kitchen at Christmas, I gotta believe it takes some practice.