PDA

View Full Version : Another Waste Of Taxpayer Money

SBS933
01-09-2014, 05:34 PM
In California, they are charging an extra $16.00 on Boat Registration to fight the Mussel problem. When you receive your stickers, it's obvious you paid the fee. Now you have to put an extra mussel fees paid sticker on your boat. Being they wouldn't send me the sticker without paying the fee, why wouldn't they spend all the fee money on fighting the mussel, instead of spending it on stickers.30256

WESTERNAERO
01-09-2014, 05:37 PM
In California, they are charging an extra $16.00 on Boat Registration to fight the Mussel problem. When you receive your stickers, it's obvious you paid the fee. Now you have to put an extra mussel fees paid sticker on your boat. Being they wouldn't send me the sticker without paying the fee, why wouldn't they spend all the fee money on fighting the mussel, instead of spending it on stickers.30256

Because that would be the logical thing to do.

WESTERNAERO
01-09-2014, 05:40 PM
Also the guy that owns the sticker printing business is probably the governor's brother in law.

HB Vic
01-09-2014, 05:42 PM
Maybe they can keep the Ca. AG check stations open 24hrs a day now instead of closing them at night when no one tows their boat in to California LOL

SBS933
01-09-2014, 06:02 PM
They vaccumed my bilge out when I came back after new years. I guess that's the new gig.
Maybe they can keep the Ca. AG check stations open 24hrs a day now instead of closing them at night when no one tows their boat in to California LOL

HB Vic
01-09-2014, 06:03 PM
They vaccumed my bilge out when I came back after new years. I guess that's the new gig.

No shit?? I'm gonna run mine up from Parker one of these days. I have a few tiewraps I haven't been able to get out :D

Unforgiven
01-09-2014, 06:43 PM
No shit?? I'm gonna run mine up from Parker one of these days. I have a few tiewraps I haven't been able to get out :D

a DCB with loose tie wraps??? I'd take it back to Dave....

HB Vic
01-09-2014, 06:48 PM

Loose? nah, they were getting a little faded so I replaced them :D

Unforgiven
01-09-2014, 06:50 PM

Did you space evenly as you replaced them?

HB Vic
01-09-2014, 06:59 PM
Did you space evenly as you replaced them?

Ha, those ties are on Autocad :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

gn7
01-09-2014, 08:20 PM

Must be one of those $500,000.00 entry level poser DCBs
The "better", "REAL" DCBs have ties made of unobtainium that is impervious to nuclear fallout.

niceguyeddie
01-10-2014, 02:36 AM
Also the guy that owns the sticker printing business is probably the governor's brother in law.

Bingo! How fucking stupid!

This makes me think of the show Parks and Recreation.

Menace Marine
01-10-2014, 08:34 AM
There is no way in hell I'm putting another sticker on my boat. I usually keep my registration stickers in the glove box. If they say anything I just tell them I just had it waxed and I was afraid it wouldn't stick.

Slacker
01-10-2014, 11:24 AM
Because the Libs don't like to fight anything,,,,,LOL!

niceguyeddie
01-10-2014, 04:01 PM
There is no way in hell I'm putting another sticker on my boat. I usually keep my registration stickers in the glove box. If they say anything I just tell them I just had it waxed and I was afraid it wouldn't stick.

My buddy's biz partner is a SB Sheriff reserve and works the patrol boat on Havasu in the summer. We were drinking beers in the channel last summer and watching boats go buy. He said it is so easy for them to find a reason to pull over a boat and pointed out things on the next ten boats that passed by. I was blown away!

I say leave the ugly sticker off. If they want to pull you over, they'll find a reason.

Menace Marine
01-10-2014, 04:07 PM
My buddy's biz partner is a SB Sheriff reserve and works the patrol boat on Havasu in the summer. We were drinking beers in the channel last summer and watching boats go buy. He said it is so easy for them to find a reason to pull over a boat and pointed out things on the next ten boats that passed by. I was blown away!

I say leave the ugly sticker off. If they want to pull you over, they'll find a reason.

Exactly. I don't drink on my boat so I'm not scared of getting stopped. You can do everything legal and they are still allowed to do safety inspections.

niceguyeddie
01-10-2014, 04:27 PM
Exactly. I don't drink on my boat so I'm not scared of getting stopped. You can do everything legal and they are still allowed to do safety inspections.

Yep. I also don't bring out friends that like to get drunk and rowdy. I don't need the police attention or headache.

SBS933
01-10-2014, 06:31 PM

I say leave the ugly sticker off. If they want to pull you over, they'll find a reason. My last big trip to Havasu was 7 or 8 years ago, I was beached on the channel drinking a beer when I walked up shore and a cop told me to take one more step and I was going to jail. He told me there was an invisible line for having alcohol. So I turned around and hit the water, I took 4 steps in the water and told me the same shit, 1 more step in the water and I was going to jail. Yep, another invisible line, so I packed up that night and went to Parker. In the cops defense, that was the summer when they put out the article in Hot Boat that they were going to crack down on any disruptive behavier after the little girl was killed in her moms arms in the Gorge. They were pulling people over left and right for nothing. Well It worked for me, I don't drink if I'm gonna drive the boat but that was clear message they could care less if I was driving or not. PARKER BABY

Bobby V
01-10-2014, 06:52 PM
My last big trip to Havasu was 7 or 8 years ago, I was beached on the channel drinking a beer when I walked up shore and a cop told me to take one more step and I was going to jail. He told me there was an invisible line for having alcohol. So I turned around and hit the water, I took 4 steps in the water and told me the same shit, 1 more step in the water and I was going to jail. Yep, another invisible line, so I packed up that night and went to Parker. In the cops defense, that was the summer when they put out the article in Hot Boat that they were going to crack down on any disruptive behavier after the little girl was killed in her moms arms in the Gorge. They were pulling people over left and right for nothing. Well It worked for me, I don't drink if I'm gonna drive the boat but that was clear message they could care less if I was driving or not. PARKER BABY

Maybe they did this for a while but not now. You can drink in the water and walking down the sidewalk. No problems unless your hammered.

SBS933
01-10-2014, 06:54 PM
That's good news, it was insane but like I said. They put out the word they were gonna hit it hard that Holiday.

Wendi
01-13-2014, 08:10 PM
Does anyone know if it is going to be a requirement to have that mussel sticker on the boat, next to your tags? I've seen a lot of people posting on FB asking the question with the picture of the ugly green/red sticker.

Singleton
01-13-2014, 08:20 PM
Does anyone know if it is going to be a requirement to have that mussel sticker on the boat, next to your tags? I've seen a lot of people posting on FB asking the question with the picture of the ugly green/red sticker.

Just got mine in the mail last week. Looks like it is a requirement. Thinking if you don't have it, it gives the San B sheriff another reason to pull you over. Don't understand why they did not combine the 2 into 1 sticker.

Wendi
01-13-2014, 08:21 PM
Just got mine in the mail last week. Looks like it is a requirement. Thinking if you don't have it, it gives the San B sheriff another reason to pull you over. Don't understand why they did not combine the 2 into 1 sticker. Agreed!!!

SBS933
01-13-2014, 10:12 PM
Maybe they did this for a while but not now. You can drink in the water and walking down the sidewalk. No problems unless your hammered. I was on my 1st beer. I know when i'm not wanted, I didn't want to stick around for the Fireworks. You can have Havasu.

SBS933
01-13-2014, 10:23 PM
30526 How Lame is this?

obnoxious001
01-14-2014, 10:10 AM

The instructions are on the back of the sticker, same as the registration sticker. They say "Affix one sticker to each side of the vessel next to, and in line with the CF number and registration sticker, as illustrated below"

Wendi
01-14-2014, 10:53 AM
The instructions are on the back of the sticker, same as the registration sticker. They say "Affix one sticker to each side of the vessel next to, and in line with the CF number and registration sticker, as illustrated below"

Thanks Barry wonder why people keep asking then. They don't know how to read and follow instructions!

SBS933
01-14-2014, 02:32 PM
Thanks Barry wonder why people keep asking then. They don't know how to read and follow instructions! I still put em after the numbers like when is was Registered in AZ. In fact i'm still running my AZ. numbers w/ cali. stickers, I guess it's my little way of sticking it to the Man. :knockout: