PDA

View Full Version : Where is your next boating going to be ?

SBS933
01-08-2014, 07:52 PM
I'm seriously thinking about buying a tent and going to Lake Mojave and finding a cove with the G/F to change things up for a few days, Kinda break up the usual. Usually when it gets in my head it happens. Next Avi, I love that stretch of river.

Wendi
01-08-2014, 08:26 PM
I'm seriously thinking about buying a tent and going to Lake Mojave and finding a cove with the G/F to change things up for a few days, Kinda break up the usual. Usually when it gets in my head it happens. Next Avi, I love that stretch of river. Our boat in stored in Parker so we usually stay in Parker and on occasion do Havasu.

Stainless
01-08-2014, 08:36 PM
I'm seriously thinking about buying a tent and going to Lake Mojave and finding a cove with the G/F to change things up for a few days, Kinda break up the usual. Usually when it gets in my head it happens. Next Avi, I love that stretch of river.

My first years were just sleeping on the boat in June, July, and Aug. I'm thankful I can afford something with AC now. :D

CH3NO2

SBS933
01-08-2014, 08:37 PM
Our boat in stored in Parker so we usually stay in Parker and on occasion do Havasu. I used to love Havasu, but it is nuts for my 20'er. Mojave is so sketchy but I'm gonna make it happen, Avi maybe but i doubt it. I havent camped for years cause it sucks. Oh well

Napanutt
01-08-2014, 08:38 PM
On the Grand Princess California coastal cruise. ;)

SBS933
01-08-2014, 08:40 PM
On the Grand Princess California coastal cruise. ;) I've heard Kings River is the shit Up North. I plan on doing it someday.

28eliminator
01-08-2014, 10:02 PM

Do it... We've been boat camping on Mohave for over 20 years..it's a great time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

240Hallett
01-08-2014, 10:34 PM
Charter boat, BVIs:beer

314joey
01-09-2014, 06:28 AM
I'm gonna have to try this Parker thing.........................soon, sounds and looks like fun.

Paul65K
01-09-2014, 06:34 AM
I'm gonna have to try this Parker thing.........................soon, sounds and looks like fun.It'll change your life :rolleyes

HB Vic
01-09-2014, 08:01 AM
Charter boat, BVIs:beer

I'm interested in hearing more about this. We were supposed to do BVI 2 years ago and ended up going to Maui instead. This is on our must do soon list.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Slacker
01-09-2014, 09:06 AM

Screw the camping, rent a Houseboat.

SBS933
01-09-2014, 12:15 PM
I'm interested in hearing more about this. We were supposed to do BVI 2 years ago and ended up going to Maui instead. This is on our must do soon list.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD What the hell is BVI ?

Tishimself
01-09-2014, 12:27 PM
What the hell is BVI ?

British Virgin Islands. I.E. Paradise.

Now back to the original posting. There is no water up here. No lakes, nothing. So the boat may stay in storage a lot this year. Either we haul it to Tahoe or to Havasu, but the local lakes are dangerously low, and I don't trust them. If we don't get some rain, I am content to let it sit for the season.

niceguyeddie
01-09-2014, 12:57 PM
I store in Needles so I boat the river or pick it up on the way to Havasu. I would really love to buy an RV someday and drag the boat up north. I'd love to get a Powell trip together someday too. My cousin is dating some guy that owns a pimp house boat on Powell. Needless to say, He and I need to become friends. I've been boating the Needles/BHC stretch of river my entire life and it never gets old.

I just figure I only have one life to live on this planet so I'd like to see more of it.

Tishimself
01-09-2014, 01:32 PM
I store in Needles so I boat the river or pick it up on the way to Havasu. I would really love to buy an RV someday and drag the boat up north. I'd love to get a Powell trip together someday too. My cousin is dating some guy that owns a pimp house boat on Powell. Needless to say, He and I need to become friends. I've been boating the Needles/BHC stretch of river my entire life and it never gets old.

I just figure I only have one life to live on this planet so I'd like to see more of it.

You and I both. Funny I have been contemplating a houseboat trip to Powell also. I would store at Havasu also, but then the boat is so damned far away from me. If you live in LA its a no brainer unless you like swimming in the diaper filled waters of Perris. I didn't. I have to drive 200 miles south to BFD, then strike out east at BFD to Barstow and east from there...LONG all day trip...ugh....

Boatnaked
01-09-2014, 02:05 PM
Lake Havasu, but not until the end of April

Slacker
01-09-2014, 04:38 PM

You got to do a Powell trip, you won't regret it! We owned a Houseboat at Powell for over 20 years, sold it last year. I have been going to Powell since 1974 last year was the first year I didn't go. Hopefully do a trip this fall. Otherwise we hang out at Havasu, went Tuesday, should have gone out today but did chores instead.

240Hallett
01-09-2014, 08:03 PM
[QUOTE=Hotboat;79185]I'm interested in hearing more about this. We were supposed to do BVI 2 years ago and ended up going to Maui instead. This is on our must do soon list.

It is bitchin. We went last January as guests on a sailboat I helped refurbish. Wife and I decided we needed to go back. We were wanting to do something big for our 25th so this is it. I can do without the sailing so we chartered a power catamaran. They ask about your boating experience if you want to self captain and I was approved for a 38' cat. Lots of line of sight navigation.Shitload of places to anchor or pick up a mooring. You can also get a captain and a cook if you don' want to do shit (and you have more money lol). Water is clear and warm. Temp is mid 70s at night, mid 80s every day. Winter is the best time to go. Boats range from 2 cabin (ours) to 5 or 6 cabin. You will always run out of time before you run out of shit to do.

iBoat
01-09-2014, 08:51 PM
Pacific ocean