PDA

View Full Version : Los Angeles County Sheriff Lee Baca retiring

Wendi
01-07-2014, 09:13 AM
My aunt has worked as his secretary for 16 years. This is a very sad day for their office. He will be appointing an interim sheriff through November as he is leaving end of this month.

I've met him several times he was a very gracious man and you could tell he loved his department of over 18k employees. He spoke at my grandfathers funeral (my grandfather was a retired commander for the department).

I wish him a very happy retirement!

Eli
01-07-2014, 09:21 AM
Happy Retirement!

Sent from my Bat Cave

ChumpChange
01-07-2014, 09:30 AM
I guess I won't say who I know in the whole debacle then....... :D

HB Vic
01-07-2014, 09:37 AM
Embattled retirement, correct??

Wendi
01-07-2014, 09:40 AM
He was up for a contentious election and wanted to retire on his own terms!

This is going to be interesting. New players will be coming in. The two guys running now don't have a chance in hell!!

riverrunner1984
01-07-2014, 09:47 AM
From what I understand, one of the guys that is running was the whistle blower on the dept that got the Feds to get those officers last month. Don't know all the facts just what I heard and read online...

Wendi
01-07-2014, 09:51 AM
From what I understand, one of the guys that is running was the whistle blower on the dept that got the Feds to get those officers last month. Don't know all the facts just what I heard and read online...

Actually he was the culprits and is blaming Sheriff baca. But as the Sheriff baca is taking full responsibility for it and has made many changes to better the jails. Tenaka is dirty if he wins the department will suffer terribly.

Wendi
01-07-2014, 09:51 AM

Don't believe what you read online.

riverrunner1984
01-07-2014, 09:53 AM
Actually he was the culprits and is blaming Sheriff baca. But as the Sheriff baca is taking full responsibility for it and has made many changes to better the jails. Tenaka is dirty if he wins the department will suffer terribly.

Yah I hear Tenaka was a bad seed. I was referring to another one of the candidates that was running. Can't think of his name right now. Either way, I don't know much about it!

riverrunner1984
01-07-2014, 09:55 AM

Only believe stuff I read on HB everything else is taken with a grain of salt. Lol

Wendi
01-07-2014, 09:55 AM
Yah I hear Tenaka was a bad seed. I was referring to another one of the candidates that was running. Can't think of his name right now. Either way, I don't know much about it!

Olmsted!! My mom is a huge supporter of this guy he doesn't have a chance. No budget and small backing. He doesn't have the knowledge or experience to run a department of 18k plus.

Wendi
01-07-2014, 09:57 AM
Only believe stuff I read on HB everything else is taken with a grain of salt. Lol

Good call LOL.

Eli
01-07-2014, 10:00 AM

Yesterday, I had a client tell me I was wrong because what I said conflicted with what he read "online" I told him I'm willing to bet I'm right but he's welcome to take his chances with his Internet law. Let's say he won't be challenging me again.

Sent from my Bat Cave

HB Vic
01-07-2014, 10:05 AM
Contentious, embattled, own terms....at least he didn't get Jaramillo'd :D

thatguy
01-07-2014, 10:16 AM
Yesterday, I had a client tell me I was wrong because what I said conflicted with what he read "online" I told him I'm willing to bet I'm right but he's welcome to take his chances with his Internet law. Let's say he won't be challenging me again.

Sent from my Bat Cave

I warned you about taking Brown on as a client.....

Eli
01-07-2014, 10:17 AM
I warned you about taking Brown on as a client.....

Hilarious!!

Sent from my Bat Cave

Wendi
01-07-2014, 10:42 AM
Contentious, embattled, own terms....at least he didn't get Jaramillo'd :D

I will refrain from commenting

Wendi
01-07-2014, 10:53 AM
If you have access to TV or online news Baca is announcing his retirement at 10:00 am. This is going to be very interesting!!

HB Vic
01-07-2014, 10:59 AM
If you have access to TV or online news Baca is announcing his retirement at 10:00 am. This is going to be very interesting!!

Don't take this personally, but I'd rather watch paint dry :D

Wendi
01-07-2014, 11:23 AM
Bravo Sheriff Baca a gracious way to retire!!