PDA

View Full Version : What is your "Hometown"?

GRADS
01-06-2014, 02:36 AM
I'm curious when people ask this question what your answer is? The Town you were born in? The Town you've lived most of your life? The Town you live in currently? Thoughts?

GRADS
01-06-2014, 02:38 AM
I was born in Twentynine Palms but lived most my life in Roseville so I say Roseville.

28eliminator
01-06-2014, 06:26 AM
Born in Santa Monica, but lived in Big Bear Lake from age 3 to 43. been in La Quinta for the last 8 years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Paul65K
01-06-2014, 06:31 AM
I was born in Hartford, CT but moved to San Jose when I was 6. I moved to San Clemente when I was 21 and we stayed there for more than 30 years until moving to Havasu last year........I still consider San Clemente my hometown :D

thatguy
01-06-2014, 06:40 AM
I get asked "Where are you from" every time I go to a different rig.

On the rigs, I tell them "Alaska, but born in Biloxi". Which is true.

I don't tell them I live in CA until a few days later, after they get to know me....it doesn't go over too well in this neck of the woods....

But I don't really have a hometown per sey.

Born in Biloxi, younger years in the Philippines, back to the deep South, then Alaska, with the odd year in California and Hawaii, plus Guam, Wake, Japan, Greenland, the list goes on.

Having been in every State and 7 Country's ...there is no clear answer except where I was born, and where I really grew up. (Biloxi and Anchorage)

Joker
01-06-2014, 06:42 AM
Moline, Illinois

bubblegoose1
01-06-2014, 06:53 AM
Born in Los Angeles. Raised in San Fernando/Pacoima.

Milkmoney
01-06-2014, 07:04 AM
Born and raised in Petaluma , ca :)

Singleton
01-06-2014, 07:18 AM
Born in Hinsdale, IL (lived in IL until 7)
Grew up in Scottsdale, Az (age 7 to 19)

Consider my hometown Scottsdale.

SBS933
01-06-2014, 07:36 AM
Born in Baldwin Park, Ca. Raised in West Covina, Ca.

Eli
01-06-2014, 07:46 AM
Born in Tehran, Iran 75-80
San Fernando Valley 80-95
San Diego 95-06
Woodland Hills 06-09
Santa Clarita 09-13
San Diego current

Sent from my Bat Cave

riverrunner1984
01-06-2014, 08:04 AM
San Pedro, CA until I was 17
Lakewood, CA until I was 26
Currently Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Boat38 Outa Place Racing
01-06-2014, 10:06 AM
Born in Lakewood, CA
Raised in Compton/North Long Beach, CA
Lived in Huntington Beach, CA while married
Then divorce came and moved to Lakewood, CA
Now in Paramount, CA

Napanutt
01-06-2014, 10:14 AM
Born and raised in Napa CA. Been in Vacaville since 2004.

Tishimself
01-06-2014, 10:25 AM
Born in Fullerton, Ca.
Moved to Placentia, and Yorba Linda
When I was 12 we moved to Peralta Hills
Had a condo in Anahiem hills, then bought a house in Riverside, moved up here in 2006....currently in Waterford, Ca...

djunkie
01-06-2014, 10:31 AM
Born at Torrance hospital but lived in San Pedro. When I was young they rezoned my parents house and made it Rancho Palos Verdes. I'm still a Pedro boy at heart though. Grew up in that town but honestly I would not want to live there now. I still do love the town though.

Sharp shooter
01-06-2014, 10:42 AM
Born in Whittier right down the street from Campbell Carls pad.
Grew up in La Mirada off of Beach Blvd and stage rd until 9 years old
Moved to Upland with parents in '76
Mid 90's moved out of parents house into neighboring Rancho Cucamonga.
Moved to the west edge of Fontucky a year and a half ago.

Eli
01-06-2014, 10:51 AM
I was born in Twentynine Palms but lived most my life in Roseville so I say Roseville.

Born in Santa Monica, but lived in Big Bear Lake from age 3 to 43. been in La Quinta for the last 8 years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

I was born in Hartford, CT but moved to San Jose when I was 6. I moved to San Clemente when I was 21 and we stayed there for more than 30 years until moving to Havasu last year........I still consider San Clemente my hometown :D

Born in Los Angeles. Raised in San Fernando/Pacoima.

Born in Baldwin Park, Ca. Raised in West Covina, Ca.

Born at Torrance hospital but lived in San Pedro. When I was young they rezoned my parents house and made it Rancho Palos Verdes. I'm still a Pedro boy at heart though. Grew up in that town but honestly I would not want to live there now. I still do love the town though.

You guys don't get out much???

Born in Whittier right down the street from Campbell Carls pad.
Grew up in La Mirada off of Beach Blvd and stage rd until 9 years old
Moved to Upland with parents in '76
Mid 90's moved out of parents house into neighboring Rancho Cucamonga.
Moved to the west edge of Fontucky a year and a half ago.

FUNtucky???? Or Fontucky and where the fuck is that?

Sent from my Bat Cave

Bobby V
01-06-2014, 11:03 AM
Born and raised in Bellflower CA.

Spent a few years in La Mirada, Huntington Beach and Anaheim Hills.

Been in Yorba Linda the last 14 years.

Sharp shooter
01-06-2014, 11:09 AM

You type(talk) like a sailor! :shock: :)

Fontucky- Birthplace of the Hells Angels, Mickey Thompson’s Fontana International Dragway and currently Autoclub Speedway.

I live just about center of this pic.

thatguy
01-06-2014, 11:12 AM

Sent from my Bat Cave

No kidding...are we the only ones that cross Oceans??

Miss Managed Assets
01-06-2014, 11:12 AM
Born in Whittier
Grew up in La Mirada
Currently in Chino Hills

28eliminator
01-06-2014, 11:15 AM
You guys don't get out much ???

Sent from my Bat Cave

So Cal is my comfort zone :)

I did actually live in Oregon for about a year, but I don't remember much of it.. :D

Sent from somewhere on the water

djunkie
01-06-2014, 11:22 AM

Sent from my Bat Cave

Where else am I supposed to live? I'm 10 minutes from my work.

Eli
01-06-2014, 11:24 AM
You type(talk) like a sailor! :shock: :)

Fontucky- Birthplace of the Hells Angels, Mickey Thompson’s Fontana International Dragway and currently Autoclub Speedway.

I live just about center of this pic.

I talk like a truck driving sailor...type like a sailor. Hope it doesn't offend you :D

Sent from my Bat Cave

Wendi
01-06-2014, 11:24 AM
Temple City, Monrovia

Live in Chino Hills now since 1998

rivergames
01-06-2014, 11:28 AM
Born in Westchester CA. Grew up in Westchester, CA and now I live in Westchester CA.

But I have also lived in Venice, Costa Mesa, Playa Del Rey, St. George, Utah and Manhattan Beach

Eli
01-06-2014, 11:30 AM
No kidding...are we the only ones that cross Oceans??
I guess so...there's got to be more people.

Where else am I supposed to live? I'm 10 minutes from my work.
It makes sense NOW, but what about college and adventures before?

So Cal is my comfort zone :)

I did actually live in Oregon for about a year, but I don't remember much of it.. :D

Sent from somewhere on the water
Typical that you have no recollection of an entire year, but you recall 2 seconds on my phone :D

Sent from my Bat Cave

djunkie
01-06-2014, 11:39 AM
I guess so...there's got to be more people.

It makes sense NOW, but what about college and adventures before?

Typical that you have no recollection of an entire year, but you recall 2 seconds on my phone :D

Sent from my Bat Cave

I went to Long Beach State and lived at home till I was 30. Saving money. ;)

bubblegoose1
01-06-2014, 11:41 AM

Sent from my Bat Cave

Hahaha. Since then, lived in Bellingham, WA for 7 years after college, 3 years in SLC UT , then back to Seattle area with no plan to move again.

thatguy
01-06-2014, 11:42 AM
Hahaha. Since then, lived in Bellingham, WA for 7 years after college, 3 years in SLC UT , then back to Seattle area with no plan to move again.

I've spent some time in Ballard, right on the locks.

bubblegoose1
01-06-2014, 11:43 AM
I've spent some time in Ballard, right on the locks.

I'm in Kirkland. Was just over in Ballard last night for dinner ;)

SFV2RVR
01-06-2014, 11:44 AM
Born in Tarzana, Ca. Live in Van Nuys, Ca for 5mo and 3 weeks out of the year, but my DL says i live in Parker, Az! ;)

Sharp shooter
01-06-2014, 11:44 AM
Hope it doesn't offend you :D

Fuck no! :)

ChumpChange
01-06-2014, 11:46 AM
My Hometown is SoCal.

Ontario until the 3rd Grade and then La Verne. I would say La Verne is my hometown. Been in Claremont the last 8 years or so.

papaletch4130
01-06-2014, 12:02 PM
Flagstaff AZ

Eli
01-06-2014, 12:12 PM
lived at home till I was 30. ;)

That explains EVERYTHING! :D

All kidding aside I started helping mom pay rent when I was 14. Living at home wasn't free. I envy people who had that option...but, maybe not until 30. ;)

Sent from my Bat Cave

Eli
01-06-2014, 12:13 PM
Fuck no! :)

That's a Fucken relief!

Sent from my Bat Cave

djunkie
01-06-2014, 12:19 PM
That explains EVERYTHING! :D

All kidding aside I started helping mom pay rent when I was 14. Living at home wasn't free. I envy people who had that option...but, maybe not until 30. ;)

Sent from my Bat Cave

I started paying rent when I was finished with college. Then when my dad was out of work I payed all the bills for a while. I didn't have a free ride. ;)

Eli
01-06-2014, 12:20 PM
I started paying rent when I was finished with college. Then when my dad was out of work I payed all the bills for a while. I didn't have a free ride. ;)

Well, I miss understood. Sounded like you did. My bad. :(

Sent from my Bat Cave

LB247XS
01-06-2014, 12:22 PM
Born in Long Beach ca.raised in Lakewood ca.until 23
Got married moved to Rancho Santa Margarita for 4 years then move to Las Vegas for one year and now living back in Long Beach for last 17 yrs

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

westair
01-06-2014, 12:24 PM
Born in Los Angeles lived until 4
Hacienda Heights until out of HS ..... hometown
Long Beach/Seal Beach
Carlsbad/Oceanside

thatguy
01-06-2014, 12:32 PM

That's way cool.

My dad tossed me at 17. I would have left anyway.

I went from Anchorage AK to panama City Florida...I could not GET far enough away....put myself through a 900 hour machine shop course there while living in a travel trailer with 3 friends and a whole lot of cockroaches.

In his last days I got the chance to thank him for that...best thing he could have done in hind sight!

Unforgiven
01-06-2014, 01:08 PM
Born In Bakersfield, Calif...
Live in Nipomo, Calif.....
My Parents moved from France to the states in 1957..straight to Bako and never left....

ptc
01-06-2014, 01:12 PM
Im a ramblin' man.... born in Mt. View - South Bay area (SJ, SC, Sunnyvale) rat for most of life - moved to Oregon for 10 years and then..... SAC! WTF?????

Grads I dont think Roseville has been a city as long as you are old? - lol

wolfie
01-06-2014, 01:15 PM
Born in Whittier
Raised in Buena Park
Lived in Fountain Valley and Fullerton until we bought our first house in La Habra Heights.
Transferred to Seattle area for 7 years, back to Whittier Hills for 8, and now in Utah for 12 years.

pvhca1
01-06-2014, 01:22 PM
Born and raised in Upland, been here since 1968, moved to Rocklin for 2 years back in the mid 90's.

HypNautic
01-06-2014, 03:20 PM
Grew up in La Palma, Ca.
Lived in Hawaii most summers when young (4-12 years old). Then told parents I wanted to live there full time. That last about 5 years. Went to Punahou and Kam schools. Graduated back on the mainland.
Got married and bought a home in Yorba Linda.
Then in 07 had a business opportunity that brought me to Nevada.
I tell people I'm from where it suits me best for business. Most of the time I say OC. But, when I work with people from Hawaii, I'm from Waipahu.

2manymustangs
01-06-2014, 03:56 PM
St louis county until I was 3, my father was a country boy and we got the heck out of town...

I moved to the north burbs of Chicago when I was almost 20 for a job and did ALOT of time in the border towns (Saltillo/Metamorous/Acuna/Jtown/Nogalis) installing automation for the big 3 and appliance manufacturers... Caracus Venezuela/Manaus Brazil/ALL over Canada/Switzerland/Munich/Birmingham UK/East Coast/West Coast/Gulf Coast/Rochester & UpstateNY...

I really didn't have a home from 1984 - 1992ish, my home was Ohare/STL airport/Holiday Inn... Bought my place outside of St Louis in the country around 1990...

Long Beach/Lakewood is my second home since the mid 80's...

thatguy
01-06-2014, 05:00 PM
Grew up in La Palma, Ca.
Lived in Hawaii most summers when young (4-12 years old). Then told parents I wanted to live there full time. That last about 5 years. Went to Punahou and Kam schools. Graduated back on the mainland.
Got married and bought a home in Yorba Linda.
Then in 07 had a business opportunity that brought me to Nevada.
I tell people I'm from where it suits me best for business. Most of the time I say OC. But, when I work with people from Hawaii, I'm from Waipahu.

Got my dive cert in Waipahu in '94.

Ocean Concepts on Ukee st.

Sharp shooter
01-06-2014, 05:54 PM
St louis county until I was 3, my father was a country boy and we got the heck out of town...

I moved to the north burbs of Chicago when I was almost 20 for a job and did ALOT of time in the border towns (Saltillo/Metamorous/Acuna/Jtown/Nogalis) installing automation for the big 3 and appliance manufacturers... Caracus Venezuela/Manaus Brazil/ALL over Canada/Switzerland/Munich/Birmingham UK/East Coast/West Coast/Gulf Coast/Rochester & UpstateNY...

I really didn't have a home from 1984 - 1992ish, my home was Ohare/STL airport/Holiday Inn... Bought my place outside of St Louis in the country around 1990...

Long Beach/Lakewood is my second home since the mid 80's...

You were a bum for 8 years? lol

thatguy
01-06-2014, 06:10 PM

Hey, it's good work if you can get it!

Sharp shooter
01-06-2014, 06:20 PM
Hey, it's good work if you can get it!

Especially with our current president I would imagine....:deadhorsejz2:

2manymustangs
01-06-2014, 08:24 PM

I had so many FF miles on United Airlines and American when I quit traveling you wouldn't believe it... BEFORE KIDS, my wife and I flew all over the U.S. for YEARS without paying for trips/hotels... My wife had a home but I didn't... :)

P.S. We just switched over to SouthWest and will be flying them almost exclusively once my Frontier FF miles are all gone... :partyguy:

24 Sleekenforcer
01-06-2014, 09:19 PM
Born and raised in Gallup New Mexico and still here.

Wendi
01-06-2014, 10:00 PM
I had so many FF miles on United Airlines and American when I quit traveling you wouldn't believe it... BEFORE KIDS, my wife and I flew all over the U.S. for YEARS without paying for trips/hotels... My wife had a home but I didn't... :)

P.S. We just switched over to SouthWest and will be flying them almost exclusively once my Frontier FF miles are all gone... :partyguy:

I didn't know this but JetBlue you can only use credits for one year. I had enough for a round trip ticket to Vegas. I was 2 weeks late and they wouldn't give it to me. Nor do they send you a reminder. Kind of sucky if you ask me.

RVRKID
01-06-2014, 10:48 PM
Born and raised in Upland until 22-23 then over to Rancho Cucamonga for 12 or 13 then bought a house in North Fontucky a little over 6 years ago.. Oh yea I lived in San Diego for a year for college.

Sharp shooter
01-06-2014, 11:38 PM

I've been flying on the "free" company bus for 22 years. Before I tapped out and got married it was Marti Gras, Vegas, Pier 39 for lunch, traveling the country with the Superstock series (I've been to Creve Cour lake twice :D) and pretty much picking up and taking off whenever or wherever I wanted. I travelled so much back then that I rarely go anywhere nowadays. :D

GRADS
01-07-2014, 12:18 AM
I think it's time to change your name to Vacanutt.

mrs.daytona
01-07-2014, 12:33 AM
Daly City CA, San Mateo CA, Belmont CA, Pacifica CA, Redwood City CA, Cheverly MD, Alexandria VA, Sacramento CA, Roseville CA

But I don't think that actually answered your question ;)

76Bonneville
01-07-2014, 08:12 AM
Not sure if I have a home town, but have lived in a few places.
Born in Yokosuka Japan, National City Ca. Imperial Beach Ca. Concord Ca. back to Imperial Beach, Wakegan Ill. Zion Ill, Boston Mass. back to Imperial Beach Ca. San Diego (Mira Mesa) Ca. San Marcos Ca. and Valley Center Ca.

314joey
01-07-2014, 09:49 AM
St. Louis......born and breed, but then got lucky enough to move fulltime to LOTO for eight years before we made the big move South to the sunshine state 18 months ago, we love it here in Florida.

Wendi
01-07-2014, 10:46 AM
Born in Yokosuka Japan, National City Ca. Imperial Beach Ca. Concord Ca. back to Imperial Beach, Wakegan Ill. Zion Ill, Boston Mass. back to Imperial Beach Ca. San Diego (Mira Mesa) Ca. San Marcos Ca. and Valley Center Ca.

Wow that is a lot of moves!

Eli
01-07-2014, 10:51 AM

We're neighbors!

Eli
01-07-2014, 10:52 AM
Daly City CA, San Mateo CA, Belmont CA, Pacifica CA, Redwood City CA, Cheverly MD, Alexandria VA, Sacramento CA, Roseville CA

But I don't think that actually answered your question ;)

Next move San Diego! ;)

2manymustangs
01-07-2014, 12:06 PM
I didn't know this but JetBlue you can only use credits for one year. I had enough for a round trip ticket to Vegas. I was 2 weeks late and they wouldn't give it to me. Nor do they send you a reminder. Kind of sucky if you ask me.

That does suck, WMC should have notified U ;) I have one with AA that is about to expire, thanks to my wonderful wife I will be using this for the trip to Needles to clean up my AA account...

I've been flying on the "free" company bus for 22 years. Before I tapped out and got married it was Marti Gras, Vegas, Pier 39 for lunch, traveling the country with the Superstock series (I've been to Creve Cour lake twice :D) and pretty much picking up and taking off whenever or wherever I wanted. I travelled so much back then that I rarely go anywhere nowadays. :D

In my best BILLY voice >>> Niceeeeeee... It's so different now with the security deal and rules...

niceguyeddie
01-07-2014, 12:36 PM
Born in Glendora. Lived in Azusa til 8th grade. Then moved to Upland. Moved to Costa Mesa when I was 18. Moved back to the SGV for work for a little bit but hated it there so came back to Costa Mesa. I'd rather commute than come home to a place I hate.

76Bonneville
01-07-2014, 01:56 PM
We're neighbors!

I've seen some of your post where you've referenced San Diego. Where abouts are you?

Brian
01-07-2014, 02:23 PM
Born in Inglewood, CA but lived in Westchester CA until I was 12.
Lived in Fullerton until I was 22
Then Brea until I was 29
Currently in La Habra

76Bonneville
01-07-2014, 02:32 PM
Wow that is a lot of moves!
Navy Brat, 9 different schools by the time I got out of high school.

Eli
01-07-2014, 02:38 PM
I've seen some of your post where you've referenced San Diego. Where abouts are you?

Solana Beach

Eli
01-07-2014, 02:39 PM
Born in Glendora. Lived in Azusa til 8th grade. Then moved to Upland. Moved to Costa Mesa when I was 18. Moved back to the SGV for work for a little bit but hated it there so came back to Costa Mesa. I'd rather commute than come home to a place I hate.

You also save a lot of money because you're a short cab ride away from all the fun.

YLDBOYZ
01-07-2014, 04:36 PM
Born in Westminster Ca, and i have livef in Anaheim my whole life.
I've never changed my drivers license when i lived in Garden Grove, when i was married.

joepump1
01-07-2014, 05:10 PM
Culver City, born - 16
Gardena,16-18
Squaw Valley, 3 months
Canyon Country, 18-20
Culver City, 20-21
Hawthorne, 21-23
Redondo Beach, 23-25
Bellflower,25-27
Long Beach, 27-32
Lake Elsinore, 32-Current