PDA

View Full Version : Navigating through Hotboat.com

Wendi
01-05-2014, 10:49 AM
Just wanted to let you know there is more to see than just in the Sandbar. When you click on Hotboat.com if you go to new posts you will see everything new that has been posted in all sections of the site.

I posted in Parker regional section about the upcoming Desert Dash 5k run check it out.

Lets keep our other sections alive!!

Eli
01-05-2014, 10:51 AM
If you're using Tapatalk go to "Timeline" and that takes you to the most recent posts for all the sections too.

Ever since I started using "Timeline" I feel more informed and stopped missing so much ;)

Sent from my Bat Cave

ChumpChange
01-05-2014, 10:52 AM
Yes. Not many know about the New Posts button!

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/06/e7yre6y6.jpg

Paul65K
01-05-2014, 11:36 AM
Yes. Not many know about the New Posts button!

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/06/e7yre6y6.jpgThat's all I use.........BTW, is there really places other than the Sandbar.....who knew :D

Ziggy
01-05-2014, 11:52 AM
Scary to walk into a room you've never been in....there might be kreepy krawlers in it:p:D
My tapatalk button says "latest".;)
From my POS T-mobile thingie

Eli
01-05-2014, 11:57 AM
Scary to walk into a room you've never been in....there might be kreepy krawlers in it:p:D
My tapatalk button says "latest".;)

That's interesting mine says Timeline

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/06/ujevu5yq.jpg

Sent from my Bat Cave

Paul65K
01-05-2014, 11:59 AM
That's interesting mine says Timeline

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/06/ujevu5yq.jpg

Sent from my Bat Cave
That's cuz you bought the upgrade......the rest of us cheap asses are using the free version :D

Eli
01-05-2014, 11:59 AM
That's cuz you bought the upgrade......the rest of us cheap asses are using the free version :D

It's $2.99...how cheap are you?

Sent from my Bat Cave

Paul65K
01-05-2014, 12:00 PM

Sent from my Bat CaveI got mine for my favorite price......FREE :D

Ziggy
01-05-2014, 12:26 PM

Sent from my Bat Cave

That's $3 I can on something more useful:p

Paul65K
01-05-2014, 12:35 PM

Sent from my Bat CaveHey.....we're not all high powered, high paid attorneys like you missy!!

Wendi
01-05-2014, 12:53 PM
I go to unread on my tapatalk!!

ChumpChange
01-05-2014, 01:15 PM

It's all about Free. Never got TT until they lowered the price. :D

2manymustangs
01-05-2014, 01:40 PM
I go to unread on my tapatalk!!

I use a Vbulletin rule that notifies me when username "Wendi" or "Eli" post so I know which thread to head to... OR when the keyword PICKLE is used in a thread... ;)

All other posts suck hind tit...

Eli
01-05-2014, 01:43 PM
I use a Vbulletin rule that notifies me when username "Wendi" or "Eli" post so I know which thread to head to... OR when the keyword PICKLE is used in a thread... ;)

Vbulletin? What is that?

Sent from my Bat Cave

Ziggy
01-05-2014, 01:46 PM
Vbulletin? What is that?

Sent from my Bat Cave

The program many forum use on line.

Tishimself
01-05-2014, 01:47 PM

You more picky than me..LOL....I just told it to tell me if ANYONE uses the word "pickle"...LOL...

Eli
01-05-2014, 01:47 PM
The program many forum use on line.

That exists? You can actually get a notification based on people or terms being posted?

Man I'm in the dark!

Sent from my Bat Cave

Paul65K
01-05-2014, 01:48 PM
Vbulletin? What is that?

Sent from my Bat CaveHey.....there's this new thing that just hit the internet that helps answer all these questions......it's amazing you should try it sometime it's called............................................ ..wait for it...........................................wait for it..............................:google:

Eli
01-05-2014, 01:50 PM
Hey.....there's this new thing that just hit the internet that helps answer all these questions......it's amazing you should try it sometime it's called............................................ ..wait for it...........................................wait for it..............................:google:

If I googled everything, I wouldn't have time to research people, reply to 28 people's text, post 1500 posts a week on HB and smack you around oh and work 60 hours a week!

Paul, you're my Google! :D

Sent from my Bat Cave

Tishimself
01-05-2014, 01:53 PM
That exists? You can actually get a notification based on people or terms being posted?

Man I'm in the dark!

Sent from my Bat Cave

Eli, Vbulletin is the software package that you purchase to set up and build the site. Very common software. The "other site" uses it as well...;) I personally like the software, and if I ever decide to do something like this (maybe a cruise ship travel site) I would use this software as well. Not sure how steep the learning curve is to learn it. WMC or Hotboat could allude to that, but the joke can and should be made here that if certain people we all know can use it, ahh well hell, anyone can....LOL.... :)

Paul65K
01-05-2014, 01:53 PM
If I googled everything, I wouldn't have time to research people, reply to 28 people's text, post 1500 posts a week on HB and smack you around oh and work 60 hours a week!

Paul, you're my Google! :D

Sent from my Bat CaveIt's "Googled"........when referring to a name it is capitalized.....especially when it refers to the name of a company.....one of the only companies in history BTW that has become a verb.......just sayin' :rolleyes

Eli
01-05-2014, 01:57 PM
It's "Googled"........when referring to a name it is capitalized.....especially when it refers to the name of a company.....one of the only companies in history BTW that has become a verb.......just sayin' :rolleyes

Shepard's became a verb LONG before google!

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/06/5epy8a7y.jpg

See this is a give and take relationship ;)

Just sayin'

Sent from my Bat Cave

Tishimself
01-05-2014, 01:58 PM
It's "Googled"........when referring to a name it is capitalized.....especially when it refers to the name of a company.....one of the only companies in history BTW that has become a verb.......just sayin' :rolleyes

Munch Munch Munch....popcorn anyone..:)

Paul65K
01-05-2014, 02:00 PM
Shepard's became a verb LONG before google!

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/06/5epy8a7y.jpg

See this is a give and take relationship ;)

Just sayin'

Sent from my Bat CavePlease pay attention;

First of all I didn't say the ONLY company to become a verb........and on the second and most important point......no one could care less about things that apply to Attorneys except of course other attorneys........Sheezzz

Eli
01-05-2014, 02:03 PM
Please pay attention;

First of all I didn't say the ONLY company to become a verb........and on the second and most important point......no one could care less about things that apply to Attorneys except of course other attorneys........Sheezzz

one of the only companies in history

Hmmmm are you sure? ;)

Sent from my Bat Cave

Tishimself
01-05-2014, 02:03 PM
Please pay attention;

That's gonna leave a mark...LOL..

Paul 1
Eli 0

2manymustangs
01-05-2014, 02:04 PM
You more picky than me..LOL....I just told it to tell me if ANYONE uses the word "pickle"...LOL... :hilarious:

Eli, Vbulletin is the software package that you purchase to set up and build the site. Very common software. The "other site" uses it as well...;) I personally like the software, and if I ever decide to do something like this (maybe a cruise ship travel site) I would use this software as well. Not sure how steep the learning curve is to learn it. WMC or Hotboat could allude to that, but the joke can and should be made here that if certain people we all know can use it, ahh well hell, anyone can....LOL.... :)

Ya, I like Vbulletin ALOT and have a open source (free) version running to practice with, two of my IT guys in Guadalajara got me up and running with it... WE used WOMP to install the trial and play with it...

It is soooo much more advanced/flexible than wordpress or something of that nature... It would be great for a family / friends alternative to FACEBOOK or TUMBLR...

Wendi
01-05-2014, 02:07 PM
I love pickles!

Tishimself
01-05-2014, 02:08 PM
:hilarious:

Ya, I like Vbulletin ALOT and have a open source (free) version running to practice with, two of my IT guys in Guadalajara got me up and running with it... WE used WOMP to install the trial and play with it...

It is soooo much more advanced/flexible than wordpress or something of that nature... It would be great for a family / friends alternative to FACEBOOK or TUMBLR...

Well, if I ever decide to do my travel site, I know who to come to for help....:)

Eli
01-05-2014, 02:15 PM
:hilarious:

I have an idea for a website :D

Sent from my Bat Cave

2manymustangs
01-05-2014, 02:18 PM
Well, if I ever decide to do my travel site, I know who to come to for help....:)

Give me a few years :) it really isn't as complex as I initially thought it would be after my conversation with some of the Vbulletin admins on other sites...

In the mean time google WOMP and PHPBB

I have an idea for a website :D

Sent from my Bat Cave

Lay it on us sista... ;)

gn7
01-05-2014, 02:23 PM
I love pickles!

http://images.sodahead.com/profiles/0/0/2/8/2/0/2/1/3/dildo-102790250034.jpeg

Eli
01-05-2014, 02:24 PM
Give me a few years :) it really isn't as complex as I initially thought it would be after my conversation with some of the Vbulletin admins on other sites...

In the mean time google WOMP and PHPBB

Lay it on us sista... ;)

I'll fill you in when I have a few drinks lol

Sent from my Bat Cave

2manymustangs
01-05-2014, 02:25 PM

Tishimself
01-05-2014, 02:39 PM

Yeah, she's coming, and she aint gonna be happy.

Wendi
01-05-2014, 03:02 PM

Yummy!!

Eli
01-05-2014, 03:06 PM
Yummy!!

:lmao

Sent from my Bat Cave

gn7
01-05-2014, 03:15 PM
Yummy!!

Wendy, does your Christmas tree pickle "yoddle"?
http://mcphee.com/shop/media/catalog/product/l/u/lucky_yodelling_christmas_pickle_ornament.jpg

ChumpChange
01-05-2014, 03:46 PM

Xerox fought hard against their name becoming common place. Yes I'm just saying that in reference to this post because I did read your next stating you weren't only saying ONLY which I took from your first post anyway.

Eli
01-05-2014, 03:56 PM
Xerox fought hard against their name becoming common place. Yes I'm just saying that in reference to this post because I did read your next stating you weren't only saying ONLY which I took from your first post anyway.

Only doesn't mean ONLY?

Sent from my Bat Cave

Eli
01-05-2014, 03:59 PM

Okay...back to you!

Do you really use this?

Sent from my Bat Cave

ChumpChange
01-05-2014, 05:00 PM
Only doesn't mean ONLY?

Sent from my Bat Cave

Not when "one of the" precedes the word. ;)

Eli
01-05-2014, 05:04 PM
Not when "one of the" precedes the word. ;)

Oh great! He's not one of the only ones.

Sent from my Bat Cave

2manymustangs
01-05-2014, 05:47 PM
Okay...back to you!

Do you really use this?

Sent from my Bat Cave

Noooo, I was kidding BUT these types of rules are very easy to set up on the Vbulletin blog sites... The only problem I have had is UN-setting them on another site... :angry-smiley-018:

Eli
01-05-2014, 05:48 PM
Noooo, I was kidding BUT these types of rules are very easy to set up on the Vbulletin blog sites... The only problem I have had is UN-setting them on another site... :angry-smiley-018:

Oh...I'm lost :)

Sent from my Bat Cave

Paul65K
01-05-2014, 05:50 PM

Sent from my Bat Cave
Duh.......you're finally getting that are you :rolleyes

Eli
01-05-2014, 05:51 PM
Duh.......you're finally getting that are you :rolleyes

Paul!!! Next time you ask for a nut kicking TRO...I'm gonna remember your behavior this past weekend!

Sent from my Bat Cave

2manymustangs
01-05-2014, 05:59 PM

Sent from my Bat Cave

Here is one such notification setting... i was kiidding about a rule for you and wendi...

This is from the SETTINGS button and then under GENERAL SETTINGS, allows you to get notifications on any threads you start OR post in: