PDA

View Full Version : Back to Zero - The Life of Sales

ChumpChange
01-02-2014, 09:39 AM
Gotta love sales, you're only as good as your last one! We have automatic updates that go out the first of the month on where we are stack ranked for the year. Every year, the report automatically goes out on January 1st to show that everybody hasn't closed a single thing. Yeah there is a pipline report right next to the graphic but it's a cruel reminder from managment that we're all back to zero so go do something! :D

Paul65K
01-02-2014, 09:44 AM
Gotta love sales, you're only as good as your last one! We have automatic updates that go out the first of the month on where we are stack ranked for the year. Every year, the report automatically goes out on January 1st to show that everybody hasn't closed a single thing. Yeah there is a pipline report right next to the graphic but it's a cruel reminder from managment that we're all back to zero so go do something! :D

Don'tcha just love it!!............Being in Sales has no "Rearview mirror" :D..............Go get 'em tiger!!!

JBS
01-02-2014, 09:50 AM
Yep What have you done for me lately

I don't miss those days.

ChumpChange
01-02-2014, 09:54 AM
Don'tcha just love it!!............Being in Sales has no "Rearview mirror" :D..............Go get 'em tiger!!!

I planned accordingly. Had a new customer that didn't want to sign his new Line docs until this Friday. ;)

Yep What have you done for me lately

I don't miss those days.

Back in my USBank days, we had a picture of Richard Davis with that "What have you done for me lately" caption on it. :D

JBS
01-02-2014, 09:59 AM
I planned accordingly. Had a new customer that didn't want to sign his new Line docs until this Friday. ;)

Back in my USBank days, we had a picture of Richard Davis with that "What have you done for me lately" caption on it. :D

Back 15 years ago US Bank took over Firstar bank in AZ I moved banks shortly after. They seem better today. Obviously being in business for myself sales are important but being I know whats on the books and coming in.

ChumpChange
01-02-2014, 10:06 AM
Back 15 years ago US Bank took over Firstar bank in AZ I moved banks shortly after. They seem better today. Obviously being in business for myself sales are important but being I know whats on the books and coming in.

I was on a team that brought them to SoCal back in 2003 and was there for about five years. They were a much better company to work for back then than they are today as I still know many people who didn't take the opportunity to advance. They have a much larger market share in our area today but that comes with a price on service and capabilities, especially when the expansion came through FDIC loss share agreements with failed banks (PFF, Downey, CalNational).

I always agree that a large pipeline is just as important as closed sales. If they don't see anymore coming from you, it's the perfect time to eliminate you.

Tishimself
01-02-2014, 10:13 AM
A little different....but the new seniority roster comes out this week....lets me know my new number...there are only about 12-1300 engineers out there for Amtrak, right now I am waiting to see how far up I got...lower is better, not higher...so we will see...also went to 5 weeks vacation this year....nice...took me 25 years of railroading to get there...next step is retirement.....;)

JBS
01-02-2014, 10:31 AM
I was on a team that brought them to SoCal back in 2003 and was there for about five years. They were a much better company to work for back then than they are today as I still know many people who didn't take the opportunity to advance. They have a much larger market share in our area today but that comes with a price on service and capabilities, especially when the expansion came through FDIC loss share agreements with failed banks (PFF, Downey, CalNational).

I always agree that a large pipeline is just as important as closed sales. If they don't see anymore coming from you, it's the perfect time to eliminate you.

I have banked with Sunrise Bank for over 15 years. The service was excellent. Unfortunately they made some bad commercial RE loans. They fought the FDIC for years were taken over by the FDIC. First Fidelity out of Oklahoma took over and so far I am not impressed.

ChumpChange
01-02-2014, 10:48 AM
I have banked with Sunrise Bank for over 15 years. The service was excellent. Unfortunately they made some bad commercial RE loans. They fought the FDIC for years were taken over by the FDIC. First Fidelity out of Oklahoma took over and so far I am not impressed.

I know of Sunruse Bank. I oversaw that market for business banking when I was with Wedbush Bank some years back. Unfortunately you will never be impressed if you were part of a loss share agreement with the FDIC. The minute First Fidelity does anything to make you a customer of theirs (renewal, modification of loan docs, basically anything), they will lose the gurantee that they negotiated with the FDIC which they will do all in their power not to do. They will do anything in their power to keep the guarantee than make you a customer of theirs, even if you have a good running company.

<----- Went through a couple of aquisitions with another bank on the buying end.