PDA

View Full Version : GM Stabilitrac

Stainless
12-31-2013, 04:55 PM
Had it fixed under warranty once, out of warranty now and dealer wants to bone me $300 to replace sensor. Anyone know where the sensor is? I'm gonna search you tube when I get home.

CH3NO2

niceguyeddie
12-31-2013, 05:01 PM
Had it fixed under warranty once, out of warranty now and dealer wants to bone me $300 to replace sensor. Anyone know where the sensor is? I'm gonna search you tube when I get home.

CH3NO2

Are you talking about the steering positioning sensor? Mine went out in my CTS and I need to change it. The frequent alert on the screen and random activation of the ABS annoys the piss out of me. I found a DYI thread online and will likely do it myself soon. The part is $80.

Stainless
12-31-2013, 05:04 PM
Not sure if it's the same thing. I'll take a pic next time light comes on.

CH3NO2

niceguyeddie
12-31-2013, 05:21 PM
My nav screen will say "stability system engaged" for a few seconds.

24 Sleekenforcer
12-31-2013, 05:50 PM
Do you know what code it has, will help lead you to the right sensor. I do alot of steering position sensors on gmc trucks.

Stainless
12-31-2013, 06:04 PM
Do you know what code it has, will help lead you to the right sensor. I do alot of steering position sensors on gmc trucks.

Sorry, I don't. I could buy a code reader, but if there's more than one I'm probably stuck paying the dealer. :(

CH3NO2

24 Sleekenforcer
12-31-2013, 10:11 PM
Most common problem is the steering sensor, code set is C0455 or 710. what year is it.

24 Sleekenforcer
12-31-2013, 10:26 PM
Steering Wheel Position Sensor Replacement Callout

Preliminary Procedure

Remove the steering column. Refer to Steering Column Replacement.

Steering Column Bracket Screw (Qty: 3)

Caution: Refer to Fastener Caution.

Tighten

6 Y (53 lb in)

Steering Column Bracket

Steering Wheel Position Sensor Retaining Clip

Steering Wheel Position Sensor

Procedure

Disconnect any electrical connectors as needed.

Tip:

•When reusing a steering wheel position sensor, you must install a pin into the sensor before removal or the sensor will lose its centered position and must be discarded. The pin diameter must be in the range of 1–2 mm.
•A new steering wheel position sensor will come with a pin installed in the sensor. The steering wheel position sensor will already come centered, DO NOT remove the pin until the steering wheel position sensor is properly seated.
•During installation the steering wheel position sensor must be set with approximately 3 mm gap between it and the bearing adapter.

Stainless
12-31-2013, 10:49 PM
Thanks, it looks over my head now. I'm ok fixing things I can visualize working, but when it comes to electronics I've learned I can spend more $ changing parts till I get it. I thought it was a single sensor that controls braking in slippery conditions.

Bench race driver of the NHRA 16X Castrol GTX Mustang

niceguyeddie
01-15-2014, 12:36 PM
I still haven't got around to doing mine and its been getting rather annoying. I'm going to tackle it this weekend. Once in a while the rear brake will lock up and almost put me in another lane. No bueno! lol I did finally change out all my rotors last week though. Now the car stops much smoother. :)

Stainless
01-15-2014, 01:25 PM
Parts are in for mine, just gotta free up a day to take vehicle in.

CH3NO2