PDA

View Full Version : Azusa Canyon

Sharp shooter
12-28-2013, 06:19 PM
Good cheap entertainment. Any other socal locals like to go up there?

ChumpChange
12-28-2013, 06:34 PM
Just around the corner but I've never given a thought. Maybe I should.

westair
12-28-2013, 06:58 PM
Use to go there a lot when I was in HS .... lived right off hwy 39, one direction was Huntington Beach the other Azusa Canyon ..... it sort of got overrun even way back then, but had some good times for sure!

lemon13
12-28-2013, 07:09 PM
I live close and have a lot of good times there. They closed it for a while several years ago. But since it has reopened it is a lot nicer place. There is also a real nice out door shooting range just across the bridge.

Wendi
12-28-2013, 07:31 PM
Used to go many years ago with WMC

Sharp shooter
12-28-2013, 07:31 PM
I live close and have a lot of good times there. They closed it for a while several years ago. But since it has reopened it is a lot nicer place. There is also a real nice out door shooting range just across the bridge.

I used to go up there like 10 years ago when they had so many mud boggers you couldn't get in! I wasn't sure what to expect today, but it definitely wasn't crowded. There was a chick tearing it up (by herself) in a big crew cab diesel ford. That truck took a beating. :D

Only 8 bucks to get in so that was cool!

How's the camp ground up the road? Anybody stay there?

Mrs.K034
12-28-2013, 07:43 PM
I grew up in Glendora and used to go muddin and hiking out there all the time... If any of you have the time to go up the and hike... Go to the "bridge to nowhere"... It's a easy hike but fun, they also have bungee jumping off of the bridge to nowhere at certain times if the year. Lots if fun.. If you decide to camp up there though, light a fire... There are GIANT spiders that will run right into the fore and kill themselves... I still don't know what kind of spiders they were but that is scary! At least they kill themselves.. Lol.

Luvnlife
12-28-2013, 08:18 PM
I used to go up there like 10 years ago when they had so many mud boggers you couldn't get in! I wasn't sure what to expect today, but it definitely wasn't crowded. There was a chick tearing it up (by herself) in a big crew cab diesel ford. That truck took a beating. :D

Only 8 bucks to get in so that was cool!

How's the camp ground up the road? Anybody stay there?

A few guys from work go up there often to mudbog. I've seen the pics and there are quite a few people there:action-smiley-035:

obnoxious001
12-28-2013, 08:49 PM
Used to go up there a lot, way before they decide to charge to get in. Lots of entertainment, as well as having driven and ridden various bikes, Honda Odyseys, Baja Bugs,, etc.

One time drove up there with the girlfriend and her Honda car just to watch from the road, had a front row seat to a guy driving past in a pickup truck with some of his buddies in the bed,, he pulled off the road into the dirt, put it sideways and drove it back onto the asphalt where the change in grip caused the truck to roll over. It's really weird how the human mind can capture an event like that in "slow motion". Fortunately, no severe injuries but it could have been terrible.

Sharp shooter
12-28-2013, 10:17 PM
Used to go up there a lot, way before they decide to charge to get in. Lots of entertainment, as well as having driven and ridden various bikes, Honda Odyseys, Baja Bugs,, etc.

One time drove up there with the girlfriend and her Honda car just to watch from the road, had a front row seat to a guy driving past in a pickup truck with some of his buddies in the bed,, he pulled off the road into the dirt, put it sideways and drove it back onto the asphalt where the change in grip caused the truck to roll over. It's really weird how the human mind can capture an event like that in "slow motion". Fortunately, no severe injuries but it could have been terrible.

That's crazy!!!!

This is what they gave me today.

Sharp shooter
12-28-2013, 10:21 PM
A few guys from work go up there often to mudbog. I've seen the pics and there are quite a few people there:action-smiley-035:

It used to be crazy!!! I went a few times and sat and watched from the road looking down. Free show and worth the drive. :)

SBS933
12-29-2013, 08:50 AM
I grew up partying there, my parents used to dump us off with our dirtbikes until we were old enough to drive. I stopped going when they started charging to go to the off-road section. What a crock, G.M.R. after that.

GotHalos
12-29-2013, 11:16 AM
Any gold up there still?

Sharp shooter
12-29-2013, 11:49 AM
I grew up partying there, my parents used to dump us off with our dirtbikes until we were old enough to drive. I stopped going when they started charging to go to the off-road section. What a crock, G.M.R. after that.

Isn't that just a paved road?

SBS933
12-29-2013, 11:53 AM
They had some picnic benches to party on.

niceguyeddie
12-29-2013, 12:35 PM
Cool pics! My grandmother has pictures up in her house of my 3 uncles up there in the late 70s (when they went to Azusa High) up there. One uncle had a 69 Bronco (this was my Unlce Dennis' whom died at 21 and was given to me along with his name). My others had a Jeep and a Land Cruiser. I started going up here in high school and did for a few years then got more into boating. There are some fun trials up there and weird stuff to come across. A couple friends are into offroading again so Ive been thinking about getting back into it too. I cant decide between that or a classic car to cruise around. lol

Sharp shooter
12-29-2013, 12:50 PM
Cool pics! My grandmother has pictures up in her house of my 3 uncles up there in the late 70s (when they went to Azusa High) up there. One uncle had a 69 Bronco (this was my Unlce Dennis' whom died at 21 and was given to me along with his name). My others had a Jeep and a Land Cruiser. I started going up here in high school and did for a few years then got more into boating. There are some fun trials up there and weird stuff to come across. A couple friends are into offroading again so Ive been thinking about getting back into it too. I cant decide between that or a classic car to cruise around. lol

I'd like to see those pics! Borrow and scan them. :D

When I was 9 we moved from La Mirada to Upland and I didn't even know about Azusa Canyon for like 20 years. Never even heard of it. The truck I have now is my 1st 4X4 and I view it more as a family trickster/tow vehicle than a true off road vehicle. It's too long and heavy to go where the jeeps go.

I wouldn't trade my classic car for anything. Just way too much fun, but having a cool off road vehicle too would be great. Get both!

78Southwind
12-29-2013, 12:57 PM
We use to ditch school in High School and cruise up there in my buddy's jeep. Had a great time breaking shit. One year i went up there after HS and i broke the rear end in my 1987 Blazer jumping it. The ice chest that was in the back of the blazer hit my buddy in the head. It was all fun and games until we tried to get out of there. I am Thankful for bailing wire.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

niceguyeddie
12-29-2013, 02:02 PM
I'd like to see those pics! Borrow and scan them. :D

When I was 9 we moved from La Mirada to Upland and I didn't even know about Azusa Canyon for like 20 years. Never even heard of it. The truck I have now is my 1st 4X4 and I view it more as a family trickster/tow vehicle than a true off road vehicle. It's too long and heavy to go where the jeeps go.

I wouldn't trade my classic car for anything. Just way too much fun, but having a cool off road vehicle too would be great. Get both!

I take grandma to lunch every week so I'll get some pics sometime this week.

Yea I felt the same way about an F250 4x4 that I had. It had the power to climb anything, but not the design. My last two Chevys were 2wd.

I live near the beach again and would see myself cuisin a cool car round much more than I would use a 4x4. So I think Im gonna do a car first. What kinda car do you have? I was thinking of a Nova or a C10 pick up.

Sharp shooter
12-29-2013, 03:35 PM
I take grandma to lunch every week so I'll get some pics sometime this week.

Yea I felt the same way about an F250 4x4 that I had. It had the power to climb anything, but not the design. My last two Chevys were 2wd.

I live near the beach again and would see myself cuisin a cool car round much more than I would use a 4x4. So I think Im gonna do a car first. What kinda car do you have? I was thinking of a Nova or a C10 pick up.

I like both your choices although that means nothing. You could become one of the Donut Derelicts. :D Like Vic, I have a sixties Chevelle, but mines a little rough around the edges (for now).

She's Mine
12-29-2013, 07:59 PM

I go up there for the out door shooting range. Haven't been off roading but it looked fun when I was at the range last weekend.

Sent from my POS iPhone using the awesome app Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)