PDA

View Full Version : GoPro Accessories

Singleton
12-26-2013, 10:47 AM
Got one for Christmas. What are the cant do without accessories?

HB Vic
12-26-2013, 10:52 AM
You're gonna love it. I think we have 5 or 7 now, not sure lol.

Guess it depends on what you're gonna use it for. We have waterproof mounts with either suction bases or tape for boat runs. They have tons of stuff for them now from extension poles to chest mounts.

Sharp shooter
12-26-2013, 11:18 AM
I want to get the Jaws next and see what I can do with it. The suction cup comes in handy for many situation.

I use gaffers or gorilla tape as well just for a little extra insurance. If you ride moto you can use a front helmet mount and a sticky on your chest protector instead of having to buy a chest mount.

I think anyone could make the pole mount fairly easy but regardless that's a good tool.

If you're gonna use in a boat or for surfing or waterskiing use Rain-X on the housing window.

GotHalos
12-26-2013, 11:25 AM
Suction cup and sticky mounts are all I use.

GotHalos
12-26-2013, 12:02 PM
Just remembered, I think Cig mentioned that you do not want to store the camera in the case. Eventually it will lead to the camera rattling around inside the case when filming.

Napanutt
12-26-2013, 12:13 PM
Just remembered, I think Cig mentioned that you do not want to store the camera in the case. Eventually it will lead to the camera rattling around inside the case when filming.

I just got one too. Great tip. Thanks.
The iPhone app seems like a must to me.

Sharp shooter
12-26-2013, 12:15 PM

I had a rattling problem once and discovered the case door was the culprit. It looked perfect but it didn't keep the camera in the case tight enough creating the rattle.

Also, without the doo-hickey using sticky and front helment mounts you might experience a clicking sound.

http://www.v-drivevideo.net/pictures/albums/userpics/normal_dohickie.jpg

Zander
12-26-2013, 02:09 PM
Tape and suctionmount is what I use!

Here is a small flick from a test on my Beemer :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSuYZQyVQsM

Singleton
12-26-2013, 02:35 PM
Thanks everyone for the ideas.
Just placed an order on amazon and best buy for stuff. Everything arrives tomorrow so I can use it next week while snowboarding in Co with the family.

Eli
12-26-2013, 02:49 PM
Tape, suction, extension and mount...

Sent from my Bat Cave

2manymustangs
12-26-2013, 02:57 PM
Any experts here that have used the IPHONE / LAN app for remote control/remote monitor of the GoPro???

Singleton
12-26-2013, 03:06 PM
Any experts here that have used the IPHONE / LAN app for remote control/remote monitor of the GoPro???

Just tried that out . I have the GoPro remote as well. Con - can only connect iPhone / iPad to 1 wifi network, so phone or pad can't be connected to another network to save battery. Drains GoPro battery. Pro - you can see what you are filming.

Will report back later with other thoughts.

GotHalos
12-26-2013, 03:07 PM

I've used it to check the view on a camera before running it but haven't used it as a remote. In close proximity the lag time was very minimal.