PDA

View Full Version : 2 Weeks and Counting

yzfrider
12-26-2013, 08:38 AM
Exactly two weeks till I am no longer employed in Ca and will be a full time resident in Havasu. Now I am just hoping my wife can eventually pass her driving test for an AZ drivers license!!!

Eli
12-26-2013, 08:49 AM
Exactly two weeks till I am no longer employed in Ca and will be a full time resident in Havasu. Now I am just hoping my wife can eventually pass her driving test for an AZ drivers license!!!

Congrats!

I don't think there is a test if you have a license already.

Sent from my Bat Cave

Slacker
12-26-2013, 09:28 AM
Congrats!

Sent from my Bat Cave

That would be correct,,,,,we didn't have to take one.

Paul65K
12-26-2013, 09:29 AM
Congrats!

Sent from my Bat Cave
Yeah......when I moved mine to AZ they didn't even ask me to take a vision test and my license is good till my 65th birthday!!

PS.....you'll be blown away by how nice the people are at the Havasu DMV (MVD actually in AZ) :D

Slacker
12-26-2013, 09:30 AM

Excellent,,,we love it here!! Boat year round since we moved here over 10 years ago. Never gets old for us.

yzfrider
12-26-2013, 09:45 AM
Thanks, Have had a place there for the last 5 years so we ar very much looking forward to calling it home!

Paul65K
12-26-2013, 10:33 AM
Thanks, Have had a place there for the last 5 years so we ar very much looking forward to calling it home!
Drop me a PM when you get settled. I'll be happy to buy you a beer (or whatever you drink) and give you the perspective of a 1 year CA to Havasu transplant!

Welcome to town!

Sharp shooter
12-26-2013, 10:56 AM
Have any of you guys rode the new moto (http://lakehavasumotocrosspark.com/) track yet?

yzfrider
12-26-2013, 10:57 AM
Drop me a PM when you get settled. I'll be happy to buy you a beer (or whatever you drink) and give you the perspective of a 1 year CA to Havasu transplant!

Welcome to town!

Should I be worried???? :)

vertigo
12-26-2013, 11:33 AM

No, I been here 10 yrs could not pay me to go back to Ca

papaletch4130
12-26-2013, 11:48 AM
Have any of you guys rode the new moto (http://lakehavasumotocrosspark.com/) track yet? I have been wanting to. Sold my bike last year and have not picked up another. My buddys say its fun. They have a new skate park that is a memorial park for my buddy that died in Iraq. So all my free time I have been there.. lol

vertigo
12-26-2013, 12:10 PM
I have been wanting to. Sold my bike last year and have not picked up another. My buddys say its fun. They have a new skate park that is a memorial park for my buddy that died in Iraq. So all my free time I have been there.. lol

You might know my son John , he rides there a lot and even worked for Ca skate park went it was being built . Its a great park

Paul65K
12-26-2013, 12:12 PM

No......it's all good :thumb:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Sharp shooter
12-26-2013, 12:19 PM
I have been wanting to. Sold my bike last year and have not picked up another. My buddys say its fun. They have a new skate park that is a memorial park for my buddy that died in Iraq. So all my free time I have been there.. lol

I've seen a couple of gopro vids from there. Looks pretty cool. I didn't know Havasu had a skate park. :cool

K-034
12-27-2013, 06:44 AM
Yeah......when I moved mine to AZ they didn't even ask me to take a vision test and my license is good till my 65th birthday!!

PS.....you'll be blown away by how nice the people are at the Havasu DMV (MVD actually in AZ) :D

X2 you can get in and out of there in about half an hour. Nothing like the cali dmv

We are going on 6 years in Havasu, I would never go back :partyguy:

Eli
12-27-2013, 07:44 AM
I've been to the DMV in Havasu and the people actually enjoy their jobs. There was no weight. It was a breeze.

I just gotta let everyone know that in CA if you make an appointment you don't have to wait very long at all. :)

Sent from my Bat Cave

Paul65K
12-27-2013, 07:54 AM
I've been to the DMV in Havasu and the people actually enjoy their jobs. There was no weight. It was a breeze.

I just gotta let everyone know that in CA if you make an appointment you don't have to wait very long at all. :)

Sent from my Bat Cave
It's "wait" :rolleyes

Eli
12-27-2013, 07:59 AM
It's "wait" :rolleyes

That's what I get for typing while working out! Stop being the grammar nazi! It's not cute ;)

Sent from my Bat Cave

papaletch4130
12-27-2013, 07:59 AM
[QUOTE=vertigo;74067]You might know my son John , he rides there a lot and even worked for Ca skate park went it was being built . Its a great park[/QU

The CA skatepark guys are a bunch of homos!! I always wanted a better builder to build it..

Paul65K
12-27-2013, 08:06 AM
That's what I get for typing while working out! Stop being the grammar nazi! It's not cute ;)

Sent from my Bat Cave

Someone has to do it

All those years of education.......tsk, tsk, tsk:AngryFinger_7WSKJO:

Eli
12-27-2013, 08:10 AM
Someone has to do it

All those years of education.......tsk, tsk, tsk:AngryFinger_7WSKJO:

I finished law school in 2 years...I must have missed something :D

Sent from my Bat Cave

Paul65K
12-27-2013, 08:12 AM
I finished law school in 2 years...I must have missed something :D

Sent from my Bat Cave
Evidently :rolleyes

Eli
12-27-2013, 08:13 AM
Evidently :rolleyes

Besides irrespective of what you write...it all comes down to who has the best oral argument.

Back to the Havasu move

Sent from my Bat Cave

Paul65K
12-27-2013, 08:15 AM
Besides irrespective of what you write...it all comes down to who has the best oral argument.

Back to the Havasu move

Sent from my Bat Cave

Somehow it always comes back to "Oral" with you :shock:

yzfrider
12-27-2013, 08:29 AM
My God, this post with 3 different directions in a matter of minutes. I think most would rather discuss the most resent topic than moving to Havasu. Carry On!!

Sharp shooter
12-27-2013, 09:37 AM
... Nothing like the cali dmv

We are going on 6 years in Havasu, I would never go back :partyguy:

The Needles DMV is actually quite painless. :smilies_mit_hut019:

niceguyeddie
12-27-2013, 04:17 PM

How is the new park? I'm going to be out the in a couple weeks and was going to take my skateboard. I'd assume the law doesn't hassle you for helmets since they don't with motorcycles?