PDA

View Full Version : So my Uncle Doc died tonight.....

Tishimself
12-25-2013, 01:53 AM
He was a great guy. My Grandfather grew up in Idaho, but moved to Socal in the late 20's, where he met my Grandma. They had two boys, my dad being the oldest. He would take them back to Idaho to flyfish and hunt and swim in the snake river, and later, my dad would do the same with my brother and I. He found out he had a brain tumor earlier in the year, and we knew the time we had with him was fleeting, at best. My Aunt took him to Sun Valley for Christmas, and he just let go when he got there yesterday. As peaceful and on his terms as it gets. We just found out about it around 11 or so last night, still in shock. They will bury him up there in the cool meadows of the Idaho footlands along the snake river, and he will be in the sunshine of Grandpas ranch for all time. RIP Uncle Doc. This was quicker than we thought, but at the same time, the gift is that you didn't suffer too much, and that your home now with the folks.....

2manymustangs
12-25-2013, 06:51 AM
My sympathy to you and your family sir... Nice to hear that he went on his terms...

It's hard to loose the special people in our life but it's even more hard for me to watch them suffer in pain...

I lost my Uncle Doc (great uncle) about one decade ago, he was one in a million... He and I were fishing buddies since I was 6-7 yrs old and remained fishing/hunting buddies for life...

Eli
12-25-2013, 07:42 AM
Sorry for your loss. :(

Sent from my Bat Cave

RogerThat99
12-25-2013, 07:50 AM
Sorry for your loss Bret. It sounds like the best possible scenario for him to leave this earth (peaceful place he loved without suffering and with his wife). It is always difficult to lose a loved one especially during the Holidays. thank you for sharing with us

Wendi
12-25-2013, 10:23 AM
T I'm so sorry to hear this! may he rest in peace! My thoughts and prayers to your family.

HB Vic
12-25-2013, 10:45 AM
Our condolences to you and your family. RIP Uncle Doc.

Tishimself
12-25-2013, 11:02 AM
Thanks everyone.....while not unexpected considering his illness, we are still reeling from the news. We will still celebrate Christmas today, but he will be remembered throughout it all also...you guys are the best friends....thanks for the kind words....

Brett and Christine

thatguy
12-25-2013, 11:06 AM
Our condolences Brett.
Sounds like a full and wonderful life!

Tishimself
12-25-2013, 12:14 PM
Thanks Tommy...lots of great memories with him....he sure did love to flyfish on the snake up there....lots of great memories.....hope your having a good Christmas down there in Texas land...such as it is...

The Doctor
12-25-2013, 12:35 PM
So sorry to hear this news. From one doc to the real Doc, RIP sir.

thatguy
12-25-2013, 04:43 PM
Thanks Tommy...lots of great memories with him....he sure did love to flyfish on the snake up there....lots of great memories.....hope your having a good Christmas down there in Texas land...such as it is...

Actually, a twist of fate has allowed me to be at home today.
The client in Texas decided to do something different on the next well.
So....last Thursday I was told I would have a week or more between wells

There were zero flights available. So I drive the the rental I had to Grand Junction CO, where one of my trucks was staged. Dropped off the rental, got my truck and drove straight through to the House. 2000 miles, 6 States in 28 hours.
But made it home for Christmas.

Eli
12-25-2013, 04:47 PM
Actually, a twist of fate has allowed me to be at home today.
The client in Texas decided to do something different on the next well.
So....last Thursday I was told I would have a week or more between wells

There were zero flights available. So I drive the the rental I had to Grand Junction CO, where one of my trucks was staged. Dropped off the rental, got my truck and drove straight through to the House. 2000 miles, 6 States in 28 hours.
But made it home for Christmas.

That's great!!! Have a merry Christmas!

Sent from my Bat Cave