PDA

View Full Version : F**k Cancer!!!!

Eli
12-18-2013, 09:49 PM
Over the past few months I have come to the realization that more people than I thought are effected by Cancer. It often breaks my heart to hear the stories of the pain and struggles each person who is diagnosed with this unfortunate disease goes through. I can't begin to fathom how difficult it must be for their loved ones. Throughout this year alone I read the terrifying stories from diagnosis to recovery from several people in the boating community, Djunkie, thatguy's wife, NRI, among other people. Yesterday, when I learned that Grads kicked Cancer's ass, it dawned on me that there was a chance I would never have met any of these wonderful people, NRI is the only one I have not had the pleasure to meet yet. I felt absolutely helpless and anyone who knows me, knows helpless is not a position I am comfortable in. So, I decided that I, along with your help, am going to make a difference. My goal today is awareness. If more people are aware, then more people can get screened and catch this vicious disease before it spreads too far.

I decided that I will run the San Diego Half Marathon on March 9, 2014. I will wear a shirt bearing the names of all those I am honoring and remembering as I run the 13.1 miles. I would be privileged to include the names of anyone who is a Cancer survivor as well as anyone we have lost to Cancer. So, if you'll allow me to run in your honor or your loved one's memory please include the name (nickname) of the individual you would like me to place on my shirt.

I also set up a fundraising page where you can donate money to the American Cancer Society, if you like.

http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR?px=35513338&pg=personal&fr_id=27330&fl=en_US&et=Wdrt3mZrUn9FgkPECYzbZg&s_tafId=920478

In an effort to place the name under the correct heading please provide me the name in the following format:

In Honor=
H: Mona

In Memory=
M: Mehdi

Thank you! Together We CAN Make A Difference!

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/12/22/u7ejaruq.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/12/22/ze8esydy.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/12/22/9atetune.jpg

Eli
12-18-2013, 09:49 PM
I will add names until late February. There is no such thing as too many names. I WILL MAKE THEM FIT, even if it means I wear a leotard from head to toe. The more people who share their stories the more people we bring awareness to. Thank you for sharing!

1. H: Mona (Breast)
2. M: Mehdi (Prostate)
3. H: Robert
4. H: Dave (Djunkie)
5. M: Thomas Rogers
6: H: Nick Rose
7: H: Grads
8: M: Randy Letcher
9: H: Linda Bandy (Melanoma)
10: M: Dave Vititoe (Leukemia)
11: M: Roy Cramer (Melanoma)
12: M: Millie Bandy (Melanoma)
13: M: Margie Bandy (Leukemia)
14: H: Bill Bandy (Stomach Cancer)
15: H: Bobbie Flannery (Melanoma)
16: H: Mark Flannery (colon)
17: H: Donna Benwell (brain and lung cancer)
18: H: Joe Benwell (Prostate)
19: H: Joanne Perez (breast)
20: M Ron Chapman (melanoma)
21: H: Harold Burkett (colon)
22: H: Wayne Owens (thyroid, Melanoma & basal cell carcinoma)
23: H: Terri (Breast)
24: M: Tom Sr. (Prostate)
25. H: Deb
26. H: Patricia Rogan
27: H James Rogan
28: H: Jeff Rogan
29. M: Chris "Church Mouse" Blevens (Liver and Pancreatic Cancer)
30. M: Brenda Signorino (breast)
31. M: Bobby Dumunt (Melanoma)
32. M: Mark Pihl (Melanoma)
33. H: Jay Denton (Prostate)
34. H: Sean (colon)

SBS933
12-18-2013, 09:52 PM
My GPA was overridden with that crap in the 70's. I watched it eat him alive at U.C.L.A. thank god I haven't had to see anyone else go through that. Cancer is ugly.

Eli
12-18-2013, 09:53 PM
My GPA was overridden with that crap in the 70's. I watched it eat him alive at U.C.L.A. thank god I haven't had to see anyone else go through that. Cancer is ugly.

May I add his name to my shirt?

Sent from my Bat Cave

niceguyeddie
12-18-2013, 09:58 PM
I just found out today that someone I work with, whom I've known for a decade has cancer. She's a single mom in her late 20s so I would've never expected this. She's so positive and strong it was tough for me to believe something was wrong with her. The owner of my company announced it today because she's been out sick for a few days.

I love running and have ran a few charity marathons this year. I'm not sure what I have going on in March, but if I'm available to run I'm down.

I won this brick for taking 4th place in a 5k I did in Chino earlier this year.

Eli
12-18-2013, 09:59 PM
I just found out today that someone I work with, whom I've known for a decade has cancer. She's a single mom in her late 20s so I would've never expected this. She's so positive and strong it was tough for me to believe something was wrong with her. The owner of my company announced it today because she's been out sick for a few days.

I'm sorry! :(

Sent from my Bat Cave

SBS933
12-18-2013, 10:01 PM
May I add his name to my shirt?

Sent from my Bat Cave Thomas Rogers

Eli
12-18-2013, 10:02 PM
Thomas Rogers

Thank you!

Sent from my Bat Cave

SBS933
12-18-2013, 10:04 PM
I just found out today that someone I work with, whom I've known for a decade has cancer. She's a single mom in her late 20s so I would've never expected this. She's so positive and strong it was tough for me to believe something was wrong with her. The owner of my company announced it today because she's been out sick for a few days. The've come a long ways, prayers with her. My sister in law beat breast cancer and it wasn't that bad.

mrs.daytona
12-18-2013, 10:47 PM
Do you run or did you just decide to bust out a half marathon?!!! Very good cause. My list would be too long for your shirt :(

hbchgirl
12-18-2013, 11:05 PM
Wow Eli....this is amazing!!! Unfortunately, cancer affects more people than we realize.

I've had just about enough of the big "C" in my life: Lost my maternal grandma to colon cancer in early 2001; paternal grandpa to Cancer of the blood, I believe, in 2000, paternal aunt to I believe cervical cancer in 2006 and my dad to a very aggressive form of stomach cancer this past March-gone in 4 mos.

NRI would be honored and proud to have his name on your shirt!

H: Nick Rose



hbchgirl
12-18-2013, 11:06 PM

I love running and have ran a few charity marathons this year. I'm not sure what I have going on in March, but if I'm available to run I'm down.

I'm so sorry to hear about your co-worker. Prayers for she and her family.

djunkie
12-19-2013, 12:00 AM
Thanks Eli.

Tishimself
12-19-2013, 12:03 AM
I neglected to mention earlier my beloved Uncle Doc, my Dads brother, is losing his battle with a brain tumor.....this time next year...another empty seat at the family table.....sigh...

GRADS
12-19-2013, 01:30 AM
Thank you for doing this Eli!. I'm a little out of it today but I felt like I at least had to say thank you. You are an awesome person!

Eli
12-19-2013, 05:54 AM
Do you run or did you just decide to bust out a half marathon?!!! Very good cause. My list would be too long for your shirt :(

I'm not a big runner. The farthest I've ever run is 7 miles. I have 3:30 to finish.

Sent from my Bat Cave

2manymustangs
12-19-2013, 06:12 AM
I'm not a big runner. The farthest I've ever run is 7 miles. I have 3:30 to finish.

Sent from my Bat Cave

I start slow and taper off... :) ^^^

Early this year my wife was diagnosed with basal cell carcinoma and it was a very early detection... It was removed from the bridge of her nose with the "mote procedure" and there is literally no sign of the surgery... She had stitches from top to bottom on her nose, in order to see the scar you would have to be six inches from her face, literally...

Being a red head AND growing up out in the sun, I make annual trips to the dermatologist... Just went one month or so ago and they always end up freezing about 5-6 spots on my face... A former dermatologist that I was seeing told me that with my skin type and the spots that he detected that I should be coming in for exams every SIX MONTHS...

DON'T delay folks, this is serious stuff... I lost a close friend from church earlier this year from the long term effects of four years of basal cell carcinoma... My father has had some pretty major surgery on his ears/nose as did his mother...

Getting set up with a dermatologist can be a pain in the azz because they are SOOOOO busy but please please take the time and get yourself checked out... In the last 10 years I would estimate that I have had 50-60 spots frozen/scraped/removed from my face/arms/shoulders...

Eli
12-19-2013, 06:32 AM

Early this year my wife was diagnosed with basal cell carcinoma and it was a very early detection... It was removed from the bridge of her nose with the "mote procedure" and there is literally no sign of the surgery... She had stitches from top to bottom on her nose, in order to see the scar you would have to be six inches from her face, literally...

Being a red head AND growing up out in the sun, I make annual trips to the dermatologist... Just went one month or so ago and they always end up freezing about 5-6 spots on my face... A former dermatologist that I was seeing told me that with my skin type and the spots that he detected that I should be coming in for exams every SIX MONTHS...

DON'T delay folks, this is serious stuff... I lost a close friend from church earlier this year from the long term effects of four years of basal cell carcinoma... My father has had some pretty major surgery on his ears/nose as did his mother...

Getting set up with a dermatologist can be a pain in the azz because they are SOOOOO busy but please please take the time and get yourself checked out... In the last 10 years I would estimate that I have had 50-60 spots frozen/scraped/removed from my face/arms/shoulders...

I picked a route with very little incline as the decline kills my knee. I can walk 13 miles in less than 3 hours so, I'm thinking I should be able to finish for sure.

Thing is as difficult it will be for me, it's nothing compared to what people who have cancer are going through. So, I'll put on my big girl pants and suck it up!

I did two century (100) bike rides in 2008 and raised money for the leukemia and lymphoma society. That was a tough 6 weeks of training.

Sent from my Bat Cave

hbchgirl
12-19-2013, 07:24 AM
I neglected to mention earlier my beloved Uncle Doc, my Dads brother, is losing his battle with a brain tumor.....this time next year...another empty seat at the family table.....sigh...

I'm so sorry to hear about your uncle. Damn cancer!!!

Eli
12-19-2013, 07:25 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about your uncle. Damn cancer!!!

X2

Sent from my Bat Cave

NRI
12-19-2013, 10:40 AM
1. H: Mona
2. M: Mehdi

This is a really cool thing you're doing. Thanks Eli!

Eli
12-19-2013, 10:43 AM
This is a really cool thing you're doing. Thanks Eli!

No need to thank me, I'm honored to do it.

Eli
12-19-2013, 10:45 AM

Wow, that's a great prize for a great cause!

That would be awesome if you ran it with me!

Would you mind giving me her name, first name only is fine, I'd like to add her to my list of people I am running in Honor of. Everyone counts!

Eli
12-19-2013, 10:51 AM

[QUOTE=SBS933;71211]The've come a long ways, prayers with her. My sister in law beat breast cancer and it wasn't that bad.

Wow Eli....this is amazing!!! Unfortunately, cancer affects more people than we realize.

I've had just about enough of the big "C" in my life: Lost my maternal grandma to colon cancer in early 2001; paternal grandpa to Cancer of the blood, I believe, in 2000, paternal aunt to I believe cervical cancer in 2006 and my dad to a very aggressive form of stomach cancer this past March-gone in 4 mos.

NRI would be honored and proud to have his name on your shirt!

H: Nick Rose



Please don't hesitate to give me names, that's my purpose and goal. I want people to see just how many people are effected by Cancer. Don't worry about me not having enough room on my shirt. I will wear a head to toe leotard if I have to, but I WILL MAKE EVERY NAME FIT! Without awareness we can't warn others to get checked and save their lives.

NRI
12-19-2013, 01:28 PM
So sad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

niceguyeddie
12-19-2013, 01:45 PM
I'm sorry! :(

Sent from my Bat Cave

I'm so sorry to hear about your co-worker. Prayers for she and her family.

The've come a long ways, prayers with her. My sister in law beat breast cancer and it wasn't that bad.

Thank you.

I picked a route with very little incline as the decline kills my knee. I can walk 13 miles in less than 3 hours so, I'm thinking I should be able to finish for sure.

Thing is as difficult it will be for me, it's nothing compared to what people who have cancer are going through. So, I'll put on my big girl pants and suck it up!

I did two century (100) bike rides in 2008 and raised money for the leukemia and lymphoma society. That was a tough 6 weeks of training.

Sent from my Bat Cave

Just start out small. I started running again a little over a year ago. I would run a treadmill mile to warm up at the gym, but hitting the streets is much different. The 1st run I did was a 5 mile mountain trail with a friend and I couldn't believe I finished however I could barely walk for a week. A few months later he and I ran around the Newport Back Bay (11 miles) and I surprised myself again. I kept putting the negative thought in my head that I couldn't do it alone and now I run that distance solo no prob. I started running solo and would make a goal of 3 miles.. then on to 4 then 6 then to 8 now I'm doing over 10 miles on a run. Just start out small. If you run a mile, you're a runner! Speed and distance don't matter as long as your lacing up and getting out there. Running is a full body work out, so switch it up with days at the gym to build muscle.

Eli
12-19-2013, 01:54 PM
Thank you.

Just start out small. I started running again a little over a year ago. I would run a treadmill mile to warm up at the gym, but hitting the streets is much different. The 1st run I did was a 5 mile mountain trail with a friend and I couldn't believe I finished however I could barely walk for a week. I started running solo and would make a goal of 3 miles.. then on to 4 then 6 then to 8 now I'm doing over 10 miles on a run. Just start out small. If you run a mile, you're a runner! Speed and distance don't matter as long as your lacing up and getting out there. Running is a full body work out, so switch it up with days at the gym to build muscle.

I can run 4 miles right now. I was going to put myself on a training schedule

M, W, F run 4 miles; Sun, Tuesday Thursday weights

Saturday
increase run by 1 mile per week; so week one will be 4 miles and week two 5 etc…

What is the max miles I need to train for? When we did the century rides we never rode more than 85 miles at one time before actually doing the 100 miles.

My problem is I hate running on a treadmill, so I will have to get some pepper spray. It's dark out when I can go.

papaletch4130
12-19-2013, 02:04 PM
No need to thank me, I'm honored to do it.
We need more hearts like this in our country!! I lost my dad when I was only 19.. He went from being his normal self out in the garage every day working on his hot rod to passing in just a few months.. He got skin cancer probably from being at the river a little to much..lol.. He was a true hot boater and had many fast boats.. Fastest was a 78 19 daytona he bought with out one hole in it and built and rigged it him self.. Ran 108 the only time someone had a radar with one of his smaller motors.. God speed and FUCK cancer!!

Eli
12-19-2013, 02:06 PM
We need more hearts like this in our country!! I lost my dad when I was only 19.. He went from being his normal self out in the garage every day working on his hot rod to passing in just a few months.. He got skin cancer probably from being at the river a little to much..lol.. He was a true hot boater and had many fast boats.. Fastest was a 78 19 daytona he bought with out one hole in it and built and rigged it him self.. Ran 108 the only time someone had a radar with one of his smaller motors.. God speed and FUCK cancer!!

I'm sorry for your loss. He sounds like a a great dad!

May I run in Memory of him and add him to my shirt?

Sent from my Bat Cave

papaletch4130
12-19-2013, 02:58 PM
Yes sir!! his name was Randy Letcher and thank you! But i want some pics!! lol

Eli
12-19-2013, 02:58 PM
Yes sir!! his name was Randy Letcher and thank you! But i want some pics!! lol

Come on now...you know there will be pics! Thank you!

Sent from my Bat Cave

2manymustangs
12-19-2013, 03:47 PM
8: M: Robert Letcher
18: H: Joe Benwell (prostate)

:cry2: Eli, I will get my donation made for you soon...

Eli
12-19-2013, 03:51 PM
18: H: Joe Benwell (Colon)

:cry2: Eli, I will get my donation made for you soon...

Wow! I'm so sorry! That's a lot of loss :(

Sent from my Bat Cave

doubleeagle
12-19-2013, 04:04 PM
I am 60 something years old. Lost 2 younger brothers and a couple uncles a mother in law. My wife and her sister both have gone thru it and beat it. I have to this date never met anyone not effected by it. Let us know if we can sponsor your run would love to be part of this run.

Boatnaked
12-19-2013, 04:04 PM
am I to late? my dad also past from the Big C a few years ago.

Eli
12-19-2013, 04:09 PM
I am 60 something years old. Lost 2 younger brothers and a couple uncles a mother in law. My wife and her sister both have gone thru it and beat it. I have to this date never met anyone not effected by it. Let us know if we can sponsor your run would love to be part of this run.

I would love the names of your brothers, uncles, mother in law, wife and her sister so that I may add them to my shirt.

Thank you for the offer for sponsorship, but the run is not going to cost me much more than entry fees. You are already part of this run. If you like you can donate to the American Cancer Society, I set up a fundraiser page. The link is on the Original Post.

Eli
12-19-2013, 04:11 PM
am I to late? my dad also past from the Big C a few years ago.

You're not too late, I will be taking names until late February. Thank you for sharing!

niceguyeddie
12-19-2013, 04:31 PM
I can run 4 miles right now. I was going to put myself on a training schedule

M, W, F run 4 miles; Sun, Tuesday Thursday weights

Saturday
increase run by 1 mile per week; so week one will be 4 miles and week two 5 etc…

What is the max miles I need to train for? When we did the century rides we never rode more than 85 miles at one time before actually doing the 100 miles.

My problem is I hate running on a treadmill, so I will have to get some pepper spray. It's dark out when I can go.

Yea running at night is sketchy and tread mills are boring. I mainly worry about getting hit by a car. I'd start with 3-4 miles 2 days a week. 1 day of sprints. Get on the treadmill, put it on ten and go for 15 seconds then walk for 30. Do this 10-15 times. You can also do this in the cardio classroom at your gym. 1st just go for a run. Then whatever is sore the next day is what you need to focus working on! My knees are kinda shitty so I try to ice them after every run.

Eli
12-19-2013, 04:55 PM
Yea running at night is sketchy and tread mills are boring. I mainly worry about getting hit by a car. I'd start with 3-4 miles 2 days a week. 1 day of sprints. Get on the treadmill, put it on ten and go for 15 seconds then walk for 30. Do this 10-15 times. You can also do this in the cardio classroom at your gym. 1st just go for a run. Then whatever is sore the next day is what you need to focus working on! My knees are kinda shitty so I try to ice them after every run.

My left knee is shitty too! Putting a treadmill on 10 is likely gonna have me on the floor behind the treadmill. I'm 5' tall, my legs work harder.

GRADS
12-19-2013, 07:10 PM
You're not too late, I will be taking names until late February. Thank you for sharing!

Are you going to be able to run being 3 months pregnant? ;)

I know I've already said this but I'm going to say it again.....You are awesome!

papaletch4130
12-19-2013, 07:16 PM
It's Randy not Robert. Lol

Eli
12-19-2013, 07:18 PM
It's Randy not Robert. Lol

Man I'm such an asshole! I even double checked it. Sorry.

Sent from my Bat Cave

Eli
12-19-2013, 07:23 PM

I know I've already said this but I'm going to say it again.....You are awesome!

Yes I am going to be able to run! Because I'm not pregnant. People are gonna start believing you. Fucktard lol

Thank you, but I wish I could do more. It doesn't feel like it's enough. Those people who fought cancer are the ones who are awesome!!!

Sent from my Bat Cave

28eliminator
12-19-2013, 08:32 PM
Eli you have a huge heart.. It's a wonderful thing your doing.

If you would please add Terri to your list. She's a 3 time breast cancer survivor. She battled for 7 years, living at city of hope much of the time. Been cancer free for 12 years now.

Eli
12-19-2013, 08:35 PM

If you would please add Terri to your list. She's a 3 time breast cancer survivor. She battled for 7 years, living at city of hope much of the time. Been cancer free for 12 years now.

Wow! 3 times!! That brought me to tears. She's such a wonderful person and I'm so thrilled to have the privilege of meeting her!

Congrats to her for being cancer free! Celebrating life is so wonderful!

Sent from my Bat Cave

GRADS
12-19-2013, 08:53 PM

Incredible! What a fighter! Maybe we should of had her rough up the security guard.

Eli
12-19-2013, 08:53 PM
Incredible! What a fighter! Maybe we should of had her rough up the security guard.

She would've kicked his ass and not run off :D

Sent from my Bat Cave

28eliminator
12-19-2013, 08:58 PM

She would've kicked his ass and not run off :D

Sent from my Bat Cave

Lol.... Eli's right. Thanks guys. She's tougher than I could ever be.. I still don't know how she got through it all... But I'm glad she did.

Eli
12-19-2013, 09:02 PM
Lol.... Eli's right. Thanks guys. She's tougher than I could ever be.. I still don't know how she got through it all... But I'm glad she did.

We are all glad!

Sent from my Bat Cave

mrs.daytona
12-19-2013, 09:07 PM

Wow! That's unbelievable!! I can't imagine what that must have been like. Congratulations to Terri, she sure is a fighter!

hbchgirl
12-20-2013, 08:33 AM

Wow! She's a true survivor to have kicked cancer's ass 3 times!!!! Amazing!

niceguyeddie
12-20-2013, 11:09 AM

lmfao!!

Eli
12-20-2013, 11:10 AM
lmfao!!

Glad you think it's funny...

Sent from my Bat Cave

Eli
12-21-2013, 01:53 PM
Just completed my first 4 miles...I have to admit when my knee started hurting, I saw the faces of Grads, NRI, Terri and Tishimself's MIL...the names on the list and they all got me through. It's not so tough running!

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/12/22/hybeve3e.jpg

Please don't hesitate to add the names of those who have fought Cancer. PM me if you like. The more names I run for the more strength I have when I run!

Sent from my Bat Cave

SnoC653
12-21-2013, 03:08 PM
Just completed my first 4 miles...I have to admit when my knee started hurting, I saw the faces of Grads, NRI, Terri and Tishimself's MIL...the names on the list and they all got me through. It's not so tough running!

Please don't hesitate to add the names of those who have fought Cancer. PM me if you like. The more names I run for the more strength I have when I run!

Sent from my Bat Cave

It sounds like you have a good start on a worthy endeavor. Do you have a running coach? As easy as it is to say just go out and run until you are in shape, that doesn't really help people get better at running. The pain in your knees could be from lack of conditioning, shoes, lack of the proper stretches prior to running, or bad form. Some of those can really mess you up if you don't address them.

You mentioned that you were short and didn't think you could run that fast, a good coach will tell you that while the length of your legs does limit you to some degree, it doesn't mean you can't run faster. The two ways to run faster is longer strides (stretching and muscle tone) and faster cadence (crank up the beat). Longer stride is usually the goal of a distance runner, but in your case you might need to shoot for a combination of both. Find your running cadence and then use a bike as a cross trainer. Use it to up your cadence and don't slow down below the cadence that you already run at. Perhaps a spinning class would help with you foot speed. It would certainly give your knees a chance to recoup somewhat and it will help to build endurance. Remember, 13.2 miles at 10 min miles is over 2 hours of non-stop running. You can do it, but it takes conditioning. Weight training is good, but with a limited amount of time, I'd recommend you focus more on cardio and lower body strength. The upper body is just along for the ride when you run distance, so the less movement in it and the less tension in the upper body muscles the better.

And did I mention how important a good running coach is? Don't hurt yourself by pushing too hard in the wrong direction.

GRADS
12-21-2013, 04:41 PM
Good job Eli! Must have been a nice run next to the ocean!

Eli
12-21-2013, 05:21 PM
Good job Eli! Must have been a nice run next to the ocean!

Thanks! It was, except that route had no view the entire way.

Sent from my Bat Cave

mrs.daytona
12-21-2013, 06:41 PM

Sent from my Bat Cave

Four miles and you didn't give up even with your knee hurting. That's awesome!

Eli
12-21-2013, 06:45 PM
Four miles and you didn't give up even with your knee hurting. That's awesome!

Give up? No! It should get easier as I run more often.

Sent from my Bat Cave

mrs.daytona
12-21-2013, 06:47 PM
Give up? No! It should get easier as I run more often.

Sent from my Bat Cave

The more practice the better!

hbchgirl
12-21-2013, 07:28 PM

Sent from my Bat Cave

Awesome Eli!!'

Eli
12-22-2013, 01:32 PM
Awesome Eli!!'

Thank you! Thankfully I'm not too sore today :)

Sent from my Bat Cave

28eliminator
12-22-2013, 07:08 PM

Sent from my Bat Cave

Your awesome Eli :thumb:

GRADS
12-22-2013, 07:16 PM
Thank you! Thankfully I'm not too sore today :)

Are we still talking about running or did you go on another date with NGE??? ;)

Eli
12-22-2013, 07:17 PM
Are we still talking about running or did you go on another date with NGE??? ;)

Running! NGE and I haven't been on a date.

Sent from my Bat Cave

djunkie
12-22-2013, 08:46 PM
Running! NGE and I haven't been on a date.

Sent from my Bat Cave

Just a booty call right? :D

Eli
12-22-2013, 09:56 PM

No! I didn't use NGE! I swear. :D

Sent from my Bat Cave

SnoC653
12-22-2013, 10:20 PM
No! I didn't use NGE! I swear. :D

Sent from my Bat Cave

Not quite the type of stretching I was referring to, but you know what they say about all work and no play..........

:thumbsUp:

thatguy
12-23-2013, 07:20 PM
So Cool!
Awareness is the major hurdle. In so many cases early detection is key.

M: Tom Sr. (Dad passed 3 years ago, prostate)

H: deb!

Eli
12-23-2013, 07:38 PM
So Cool!
Awareness is the major hurdle. In so many cases early detection is key.

M: Tom Sr. (Dad passed 3 years ago, prostate)

H: deb!

Thank you for sharing!

I think a major hurdle is that most of us don't know of all the different types of cancer or the signs.

Sent from my Bat Cave

Eli
12-25-2013, 02:19 PM

This was a special run in Memory of Uncle Doc! May he Rest in Peace.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/12/26/4e6y3e8e.jpg

Sent from my Bat Cave

Eli
12-25-2013, 02:22 PM
And did I mention how important a good running coach is? Don't hurt yourself by pushing too hard in the wrong direction.

I don't have a running couch but, I took your advice and that of NGE and I was able to increase my speed.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/12/26/a9anuva5.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/12/26/uzugyser.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/12/26/de5a8upe.jpg

I slowed down a little the last mile and walked about a quarter of it.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/12/26/aqa6edyv.jpg

Thank you for your support!

Sent from my Bat Cave

Eli
12-27-2013, 07:35 AM
I just ran 2 miles at 9:30 average! Whoop! Whoop!

Working my way up in miles and speed as I go.

Sent from my Bat Cave

Eli
12-28-2013, 01:40 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/12/29/upu8a4yv.jpg

My run sucked!! I did everything wrong!

I drank too much last night, I couldn't eat this morning, I'm dehydrated, I wore the wrong sports bra and I forgot to wear sun block!

I'm so mad at myself!

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/12/29/py8udyzu.jpg

Sent from my Bat Cave

GRADS
12-28-2013, 05:45 PM
My run sucked!! I did everything wrong!

I drank too much last night, I couldn't eat this morning, I'm dehydrated, I wore the wrong sports bra and I forgot to wear sun block!

I'm so mad at myself!

So they were hitting you in the face or what? ;)

Eli
12-28-2013, 06:19 PM

I'm gonna hit you in the face...

and NOT with the girls!

Sent from my Bat Cave

mrs.daytona
12-28-2013, 06:41 PM

That's funny :D

Eli
12-28-2013, 06:42 PM
That's funny :D

Don't encourage him!

Sent from my Bat Cave

djunkie
12-28-2013, 06:46 PM

It's possible.

thatguy
12-28-2013, 09:02 PM
Hey Elly, it's Deb, Tom's wife. Just wanted to say thanks for running for the cause and remembering Me! Break a leg! (Just/k). Be safe.

Eli
12-28-2013, 09:06 PM
Hey Elly, it's Deb, Tom's wife. Just wanted to say thanks for running for the cause and remembering Me! Break a leg! (Just/k). Be safe.

Deb, thank you so much! Your words of encouragement mean so much to me!

I look forward to seeing you again! I'm so thrilled that you're one your way to recovery!

Sent from my Bat Cave

Eli
01-11-2014, 07:11 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/12/a5agu6e5.jpg

Not too bad after 10 days of not running!

Djunkie good luck on starting your treatment sweetie! We're all praying for you! FUCK CANCER!

Sent from my Bat Cave

GRADS
01-11-2014, 07:21 PM

Djunkie good luck on starting your treatment sweetie! We're all praying for you! FUCK CANCER!

Sent from my Bat Cave

I'm glad you brought this back up. I was thinking about djunkie earlier.

ChumpChange
01-11-2014, 07:24 PM

Hopefully with his clothes on..... :D

GRADS
01-11-2014, 07:25 PM

:fsakes that sounded :gayfight2:

hbchgirl
01-11-2014, 08:57 PM

Sent from my Bat Cave

Great job Eli!!! Thinking of djunkie...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

HB Vic
01-11-2014, 09:01 PM
Great job Eli!!! Thinking of djunkie...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

DJ has cancer?? Ah fuck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

djunkie
01-11-2014, 09:57 PM

Sent from my Bat Cave

Ugh. I'm not looking forward to it.

Napanutt
01-11-2014, 10:39 PM

It's possible.

Not a huge poster here nor there.
Gathered your story. Best of luck to you.

Eli
01-11-2014, 10:45 PM
Ugh. I'm not looking forward to it.

I'm so sorry sweetie! Give me a call if you need anything. Even if it's a crazy I want to go shooting at 11 am type of thing or need a ride.

Sent from my Bat Cave

djunkie
01-11-2014, 10:58 PM
I'm so sorry sweetie! Give me a call if you need anything. Even if it's a crazy I want to go shooting at 11 am type of thing or need a ride.

Sent from my Bat Cave

Thanks. I think I've got everything lined up. I've got my parents to drive me next week and I got something worked out with the guys at work so I won't go completely broke through this whole ordeal. My stomach is in knots knowing what's coming. I just want to get it over with.

Eli
01-11-2014, 10:59 PM
Thanks. I think I've got everything lined up. I've got my parents to drive me next week and I got something worked out with the guys at work so I won't go completely broke through this whole ordeal. My stomach is in knots knowing what's coming. I just want to get it over with.

I can't imagine what you're going through right now, but I know you're going to beat this!

How long is your treatment, from beginning to end?

Sent from my Bat Cave

28eliminator
01-11-2014, 11:01 PM

Hang in there man... Hope everything turns out ok for you!!

Sent from somewhere on the water

djunkie
01-11-2014, 11:06 PM
I can't imagine what you're going through right now, but I know you're going to beat this!

How long is your treatment, from beginning to end?

Sent from my Bat Cave

Hopefully be done with it all within 2 months.

HB Vic
01-12-2014, 01:19 AM

Sorry to hear of this man. If there is anything I can do to help let me know. Kick the shit out of it!!

Wendi
01-12-2014, 09:29 AM
Djunkie we are thinking about you and hope the treatment goes well. Hang in there buddy! Please keep us updated on your progress. Good luck!!

Paul65K
01-12-2014, 09:35 AM
Hang in there man.......you're in our prayers!!

I look at the way you have handled this situation and yourself and have nothing but MUCHO respect for you :thumb:

ChumpChange
01-12-2014, 10:15 AM
Good thing is you're already bald so you don't need to go buy hats!

<------ always findin a silver lining!

GRADS
01-18-2014, 11:07 PM
Bump. Fuck cancer.

Napanutt
01-18-2014, 11:24 PM
Eli, we have a friend that we would like to add. She's stage I breast.

Eli
01-18-2014, 11:25 PM
Eli, we have a friend that we would like to add. She's stage I breast.

Please give me her name...and please tell her she's in my prayers.

Sent from my Bat Cave

MrDenton
01-19-2014, 07:19 PM
If it hasn't already been mentioned, we lost Chris "Church Mouse" Blevens just 5 days after being diagnosed with Liver and Pancreatic Cancer.
A very close friend beat breast cancer at 37yrs old. It returned with a vengeance 6yrs later, she passed just 3 months later. Brother in law survived testicular cancer.
Two friends from high school have recently died from Melanoma. Both died weeks after diagnosis.
My dad had his prostate removed because of cancer. I'm sitting in his living room now, came up to hangout and enjoy the weekend with him.
When my boat is done, I'm putting this on the boat. I think it's very fitting these days.
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/20/ugyhutub.jpg

Blown Gas Flats to Rope...
In loving memory of
Chris "Church Mouse" Blevens

Eli
01-19-2014, 07:20 PM
That's beautiful.

Would you mind giving me the names of the people you mentioned?

Sent from my Bat Cave

djunkie
01-19-2014, 07:37 PM
If it hasn't already been mentioned, we lost Chris "Church Mouse" Blevens just 5 days after being diagnosed with Liver and Pancreatic Cancer.
A very close friend beat breast cancer at 37yrs old. It returned with a vengeance 6yrs later, she passed just 3 months later. Brother in law survived testicular cancer.
Two friends from high school have recently died from Melanoma. Both died weeks after diagnosis.
My dad had his prostate removed because of cancer. I'm sitting in his living room now, came up to hangout and enjoy the weekend with him.
When my boat is done, I'm putting this on the boat. I think it's very fitting these days.

In loving memory of

:thumbsUp::thumbsUp:

28eliminator
01-19-2014, 07:39 PM
Very cool MrD!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

hbchgirl
01-20-2014, 09:34 AM

In loving memory of

What a great way to honor those that have fought cancer and those that lost the battle!

Eli
01-20-2014, 11:46 AM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/21/ze9esene.jpg

I went to change my music and accidentally ended my run.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/21/y6ypu6e6.jpg

I ran 7 miles and walked the last 3/4. This is my longest and farthest run EVER.

All of you inspire me! Each day I hear more stories about people fighting, winning and losing the battle with cancer! Let's all keep fighting in anyway we can to bring awareness for those who can't.

Sent from my Bat Cave

GRADS
01-20-2014, 12:08 PM

When I hear stories like that it puts me right back to the day I sat in the doctors office....and it scares the shit out of me.

hbchgirl
01-20-2014, 12:35 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/21/ze9esene.jpg

I went to change my music and accidentally ended my run.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/21/y6ypu6e6.jpg

I ran 7 miles and walked the last 3/4. This is my longest and farthest run EVER.

All of you inspire me! Each day I hear more stories about people fighting, winning and losing the battle with cancer! Let's all keep fighting in anyway we can to bring awareness for those who can't.

Sent from my Bat Cave

Awesome Eli! You're doing great!

Eli
01-20-2014, 12:46 PM
Awesome Eli! You're doing great!

Thank you! I wish I didn't have to run back...I felt like Eli Gump and then remembered I have to go back lol

When ever I want to stop I think about how the people who are currently or have fought cancer didn't have a choice and I tough it out. They all inspire me!

Sent from my Bat Cave

MrDenton
01-20-2014, 01:12 PM
That's beautiful.

Would you mind giving me the names of the people you mentioned?

Sent from my Bat Cave

Chris Blevens
Brenda Signorino
http://m.main.acsevents.org/site/TR/MakingStridesAgainstBreastCancer/MSABCCY13CA?team_id=1463121&pg=team&fr_id=55649
Bobby Dumunt
Mark Pihl
Jay Denton

In loving memory of

Eli
01-26-2014, 12:27 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/27/ysere6ug.jpg

Wow! Good thing I convinced myself I'm 25 years old when I started my run...because my hip flexer is telling me in 80 years old :lmao

I have to admit, each time I do a long run I spend most of the time thinking about the people on my list and at the end when I'm relieved it's over...I choke up because I realize that some of my friends are just in the middle or beginning of their battle. You're all in my thoughts and prayers. Keep on fighting! FUCK CANCER!

Sent from my Bat Cave

GRADS
01-26-2014, 12:37 PM
Good job Eli! :thumbup:

Eli
01-26-2014, 12:38 PM
Good job Eli! :thumbup:

Thank you sweetie! You inspire me!

Sent from my Bat Cave

GRADS
01-29-2014, 01:53 AM
bump..

Zander
01-29-2014, 02:00 AM
Wow. What a awsome job Eli. You have my respects and im bowing here in Swezia for you right now. You are great!! :)

Sent from me Tapatalk

MrDenton
01-29-2014, 02:13 AM
Good job Eli. It's an awfully heavy load you're towing. Thank you for doing it.

In loving memory of

hbchgirl
02-04-2014, 10:52 AM
Today is World Cancer Day. Thinking of everyone affected by the disease, especially those that lost their battle. For those that are currently in the fight and the survivors, keep kicking Cancer's ass!!! Praying for a cure! #fuckcancer

And a big THANK YOU to Eli for what you're doing to honor all of our loved ones, friends and co-workers stricken with this terrible disease! You rock!!!

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/05/mutevebu.jpg

Eli
02-04-2014, 10:58 AM
Today is World Cancer Day. Thinking of everyone affected by the disease, especially those that lost their battle. For those that are currently in the fight and the survivors, keep kicking Cancer's ass!!! Praying for a cure! #fuckcancer

And a big THANK YOU to Eli for what you're doing to honor all of our loved ones, friends and co-workers stricken with this terrible disease! You rock!!!

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/05/mutevebu.jpg

Thank you for the kind words, but watching my friends go through the fight reminds me of how much they are going through!!

FUCK CANCER!!! PRAYING FOR A CURE X2

GRADS
02-11-2014, 06:33 PM
I have a follow up appointment with my Oncologist tomorrow. The check up is fairly basic and usually just involves the doctor doing an ultrasound on my lymph nodes. I'm four years out and have been to many of these appointments but it still doesn't make it any easier...at least for me. Even after all the time that has passed these appointments bring me emotionally right back to where I was four years ago. I get really stressed out leading up to it and then I usually feel a rush of relief afterwards.

Eli
02-11-2014, 06:36 PM
I have a follow up appointment with my Oncologist tomorrow. The check up is fairly basic and usually just involves the doctor doing an ultrasound on my lymph nodes. I'm four years out and have been to many of these appointments but it still doesn't make it any easier...at least for me. Even after all the time that has passed these appointments bring me emotionally right back to where I was four years ago. I get really stressed out leading up to it and then I usually feel a rush of relief afterwards.

Good luck! All six of us will be thinking of you!

Sent from my Bat Cave

Stainless
02-11-2014, 06:39 PM
Fingers crossed for you Grads. :)

CH3NO2

76Bonneville
02-11-2014, 06:58 PM
Good Ruck Grads

My brother in law just got out of the hospital today.
He has been in for three weeks for stem cell replacement.
I believe this was the final step in a treatment thats been going on since Aug.

Eli
02-11-2014, 07:07 PM
Good Ruck Grads

My brother in law just got out of the hospital today.
He has been in for three weeks for stem cell replacement.
I believe this was the final step in a treatment thats been going on since Aug.

Thoughts and prayers to your BIL. How is he doing?

Sent from my Bat Cave

djunkie
02-11-2014, 07:08 PM
I sat down next to a lady at my treatment today who has stage 4 colon cancer. I felt so bad for her. Makes my deal seem so minor.

HB Vic
02-11-2014, 07:11 PM
You're gonna be fine. Don't worry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Napanutt
02-11-2014, 07:28 PM
I sat down next to a lady at my treatment today who has stage 4 colon cancer. I felt so bad for her. Makes my deal seem so minor.

That really has to be tough.
Makes our every day " what's for dinner, how's my commute gonna be tonight" so insignificant.
Best of luck to you, and Grads of course. :)

76Bonneville
02-11-2014, 07:39 PM
Sounded good the other day when I talked to him. I know he was going crazy in the hospital.
He's only 52 and was diagnosed 5 years ago with a rare case of mantle cell lymphoma.
Thank you Eli, I don't usually post this kind of stuff up.

Thoughts and prayers to your BIL. How is he doing?
Sounded good the other day when I talked to him. I know he was going crazy in the hospital.
He's only 52 and was diagnosed 5 years ago with a rare case of mantle cell lymphoma.

Sent from my Bat Cave

Eli
02-11-2014, 07:43 PM

Thank you for sharing. I have a few friends fighting lymphoma. A rare type with no cure, but goes dormant. Are you guys in touch with the Leukemia Lymphoma Society? I did a fund raiser for them. Bike rode 100 miles. It's a great organization and a great cause!

Sent from my Bat Cave

hbchgirl
02-11-2014, 07:50 PM

Good luck GRADS, I will be thinking of you and having positive thoughts for you! Nick goes through the same thing every time he has a follow up.

hbchgirl
02-11-2014, 07:56 PM

So sad!

At one of Nick's chemo treatments the nurse asked if he'd like to meet the patient that would take over his "chemo suite" when he was finished with his....he turned to see a frail, pale 9yr old little girl. He said he felt like such an ass feeling sorry for himself...that she may never even get to experience the things he has.

Hang in there djunkie!

Napanutt
02-11-2014, 08:02 PM
Thank you for sharing. I have a few friends fighting lymphoma. A rare type with no cure, but goes dormant. Are you guys in touch with the Leukemia Lymphoma Society? I did a fund raiser for them. Bike rode 100 miles. It's a great organization and a great cause!

Sent from my Bat Cave

A good friend of ours is very passionate about the Leukemia/lymphoma cause.
She's entered in this

It's June 1st in San Diego. They're taking their motorhome down, we might motorhome down there with them.

HB Vic
02-11-2014, 08:14 PM
F*ck Cancer!!

76Bonneville
02-11-2014, 08:25 PM
They say it just goes below the radar, but when it comes back it's stronger than ever and the last treatment won't phase it. Typically this cancer hits folks over 70 and the treatment would just about kill them. He has age and strength on his side. My sister and him are very proactive and have been to and reserched a lot hospitals and treatments before going with Scripps. Told him, later in the spring when he's feeling better we'll rent a couple Harley's and take a ride up the coast.

Sent from my Bat Cave

Eli
02-11-2014, 08:42 PM
They say it just goes below the radar, but when it comes back it's stronger than ever and the last treatment won't phase it. Typically this cancer hits folks over 70 and the treatment would just about kill them. He has age and strength on his side. My sister and him are very proactive and have been to and reserched a lot hospitals and treatments before going with Scripps. Told him, later in the spring when he's feeling better we'll rent a couple Harley's and take a ride up the coast.

That will be a special ride!

I'm so sorry for the heartache you and your family are going through.

Sent from my Bat Cave

hbchgirl
02-12-2014, 07:57 AM
F*ck Cancer!!

👍👍👍👍👍👍

djunkie
02-12-2014, 08:22 AM
👍👍👍👍👍👍

Ditto that.

Eli
02-12-2014, 09:55 AM
I hope I am not letting anyone down, but my left foot's planter fasciitis is really flared up and my runs have been super painful so I am going to do the 1/2 marathon in a relay with my sister who wants to do the run, but having given birth 2 months ago can't train in time for the full 1/2. So, there will be two of us supporting the cause in our Hotboat.com tank tops!

I apologize to anyone that I have let down, by not doing the complete 1/2 marathon, I'm just not ready for foot surgery. :(

28eliminator
02-12-2014, 11:48 AM
So sad!

At one of Nick's chemo treatments the nurse asked if he'd like to meet the patient that would take over his "chemo suite" when he was finished with his....he turned to see a frail, pale 9yr old little girl. He said he felt like such an ass feeling sorry for himself...that she may never even get to experience the things he has.

Hang in there djunkie!

X2, Hang in there djunkie..

I don't know where you guys had your treatments, but my wife had all of her's at City of Hope. The Oncology dept where she went, used to be straight across from the Pediatric Oncology dept. For years I dreaded not only going to the appt's and Chemo sessions with her, but seeing the kids right across the balcony going through it made me crazy..

Yeah, FUCK CANCER!!

28eliminator
02-12-2014, 11:51 AM
I hope I am not letting anyone down, but my left foot's planter fasciitis is really flared up and my runs have been super painful so I am going to do the 1/2 marathon in a relay with my sister who wants to do the run, but having given birth 2 months ago can't train in time for the full 1/2. So, there will be two of us supporting the cause in our Hotboat.com tank tops!

I apologize to anyone that I have let down, by not doing the complete 1/2 marathon, I'm just not ready for foot surgery. :(

Doesn't matter Eli. Your Heart's in the right spot :thumbup:

Were behind you 100%, even if it's just showing up at the start line.

NRI
02-12-2014, 11:58 AM

You're not letting anyone down...what you're doing is a great thing! That's great your sister is going to do it with you! :thumbup:

Eli
02-12-2014, 12:18 PM
Doesn't matter Eli. Your Heart's in the right spot :thumbup:

Were behind you 100%, even if it's just showing up at the start line.

You're not letting anyone down...what you're doing is a great thing! That's great your sister is going to do it with you! :thumbup:

Thank you! It was a tough decision to make. I am looking forward to having my sister there.

Sent from my Bat Cave

GRADS
02-12-2014, 01:10 PM
I'm clean! Yay!! I feel a huge sense of relief right now but yet I still can't help but think about people that are still going through it especially after sitting in a room full of them. I hope they all can feel what I feel at this moment.

Eli
02-12-2014, 01:11 PM
I'm clean! Yay!! I feel a huge sense of relief right now but yet I still can't help but think about people that are still going through it especially after sitting in a room full of them. I hope they all can feel what I feel at this moment.

Yay!!! That's great!!!! What are you doing to celebrate?

Sent from my Bat Cave

76Bonneville
02-12-2014, 01:19 PM
Good for you Grads, glad to hear it.

HB Vic
02-12-2014, 01:20 PM

Good news!!

Stainless
02-12-2014, 01:47 PM
Great news Grads!

28eliminator
02-12-2014, 02:02 PM

Glad to hear it :thumb:

Milkmoney
02-12-2014, 02:19 PM

Good for you grads. Thanks for sharing. :)

hbchgirl
02-12-2014, 06:42 PM

Woohoo! Congrats!!!

Tamalewagon
02-13-2014, 11:41 AM
Just found out this morning that my father in law has aggressive prostate cancer. Not the news we were looking for today. =(

Eli
02-13-2014, 11:43 AM
Just found out this morning that my father in law has aggressive prostate cancer. Not the news we were looking for today. =(

I'm sorry!

Sent from my Bat Cave

Tamalewagon
02-13-2014, 11:50 AM
I'm sorry!

Sent from my Bat Cave

Thanks L. Me too. He's a great man.

Eli
02-13-2014, 11:52 AM
Thanks L. Me too. He's a great man.

Will he be starting treatment?

Sent from my Bat Cave

HB Vic
02-13-2014, 11:55 AM

Sorry to hear that. We wish him the best!!

NRI
02-13-2014, 01:03 PM

Sorry to hear about your FIL.

NRI
02-13-2014, 01:04 PM

Great news GRADS!

Tamalewagon
02-13-2014, 01:06 PM
Thanks for the well wishes. They believe he has 2 years. =( I'm trying to look at this as though the glass is half full and enjoy those 2 years with him. Still very difficult to digest at this time though...

GRADS
02-13-2014, 02:09 PM
Thanks for the well wishes. They believe he has 2 years. =( I'm trying to look at this as though the glass is half full and enjoy those 2 years with him. Still very difficult to digest at this time though...

I'm no expert but when I hear aggressive I think months or weeks not years. I would hope that if he has two years left there is some sort of treatment for it. Maybe even one that hasn't been discovered yet? I hope he doesn't give up the fight.

Eli
02-13-2014, 02:33 PM

Cherish the time. Are there any treatment options?

Sent from my Bat Cave

thatguy
02-13-2014, 05:32 PM
Great news Grads!

My dad went 13 years with Prostate cancer.
Had surgery at diagnosis. It was advanced, stage 3 back then.
He started with some sort of injection every 6 months.
That worked for a number of years.
Then he had some sort of time release gadget under his skin for a few years, then it steamrolled him.
Chemo and radiation did nothing, but like I said, that was 13 years after the fact.
So you just never know.
It's all statistics.
But you know what? Sometimes we beat the house odds!!

Tamalewagon
02-14-2014, 12:21 PM
Great news Grads!

My dad went 13 years with Prostate cancer.
Had surgery at diagnosis. It was advanced, stage 3 back then.
He started with some sort of injection every 6 months.
That worked for a number of years.
Then he had some sort of time release gadget under his skin for a few years, then it steamrolled him.
Chemo and radiation did nothing, but like I said, that was 13 years after the fact.
So you just never know.
It's all statistics.
But you know what? Sometimes we beat the house odds!!

That's outstanding you got to spend 13 extra years with your father! I hope (read pray) we get the same for my father in law. One of the most decent men I have ever had the privilege of knowing. The idea they gave him 2 years with "aggressive" cancer does seem questionable Greg. Who knows? Perhaps different types of cancer have different definitions and timelines of aggressiveness. I haven't had a lot of time to do research on this yet.

thatguy
02-14-2014, 02:05 PM
Well..Fuck.

Just got off the phone with Deb.

Her appointment today raised questions of possible secondary cancer from the chemo or radiation.

Her white blood cell count leads the doctors to suspect further cancer growth.
Tests in 3 weeks, then decide whether to suspend the Herceptin and search for the cancer.
This is worse than the first diagnosis, you hang that date in front of you and the fucking cancer takes it away .

Stainless
02-14-2014, 02:13 PM
Well..Fuck.

Her appointment today raised questions of possible secondary cancer from the chemo or radiation.

Tests in 3 weeks, then decide whether to suspend the Herceptin and search for the cancer.
This is worse than the first diagnosis, you hang that date in front of you and the fucking cancer takes it away .

Really sorry to hear this. :(
I meant to ask how she was doing when you were on last weekend. I'll keep you both in my thoughts.

Eli
02-14-2014, 02:17 PM
Well..Fuck.

I'm so sorry! Please tell Deb she's in my thoughts and prayers as are you!

Sent from my Bat Cave

Tamalewagon
02-14-2014, 02:28 PM
Well..Fuck.

I believe I truly despise cancer. I've very sorry to hear your wife is dealing with this. I hope she kicks this shit out of cancer.

Eli
02-14-2014, 02:30 PM
I believe I truly despise cancer. I've very sorry to hear your wife is dealing with this. I hope she kicks this shit out of cancer.

Deb is a lovely lady, you'd love her if you met her. It breaks my heart that she has to go through this.

Sent from my Bat Cave

thatguy
02-14-2014, 07:04 PM
Thanks guys.
All that Chemo, radiation, her hair finally growing back, and clean scan about 5 weeks ago and now "white count is off, could be secondary cancer from the treatments"...
Fuck me. She has never done anything to anybody, never says anything bad about anyone.
A hangnail is what she considered pain before.
Seeing her cut, poisoned, zapped until she is beet red, losing her hair, it is killing me to see her go through this.
I would take it from her without batting an eye.
If anybody caused her even a tenth of what she has gone through I would end them with zero second thought.
But there is nothing I can do.

We are praying it is an anomaly, and something other than the worst case.
3 weeks will give us a clue.

Eli
02-14-2014, 07:05 PM
Thanks guys.
All that Chemo, radiation, her hair finally growing back, and clean scan about 5 weeks ago and now "white count is off, could be secondary cancer from the treatments"...
Fuck me. She has never done anything to anybody, never says anything bad about anyone.
A hangnail is what she considered pain before.
Seeing her cut, poisoned, zapped until she is beet red, losing her hair, it is killing me to see her go through this.
I would take it from her without batting an eye.
If anybody caused her even a tenth of what she has gone through I would end them with zero second thought.
But there is nothing I can do.

We are praying it is an anomaly, and something other than the worst case.
3 weeks will give us a clue.

I'm praying with you! I agree with everything you say about her. She's a real gem.

Sent from my Bat Cave

thatguy
02-14-2014, 07:24 PM
I'm praying with you! I agree with everything you say about her. She's a real gem.

Sent from my Bat Cave

Thanks Eli.

Just got off the phone with her.
She is like "oh don't worry, them doctors are just guessing at everything anyway. I feel just fine and I'm sure it's nothing".

Meanwhile I'm freaking the hell out.

Eli
02-14-2014, 07:27 PM
Thanks Eli.

She is like "oh don't worry, them doctors are just guessing at everything anyway. I feel just fine and I'm sure it's nothing".

She's so sweet and strong. She lights up the room that's for sure.

Sent from my Bat Cave

msnapanutt
02-14-2014, 10:04 PM
Prayers to you and Deb. I'm sorry the both of you have to go through this.

Eli
02-18-2014, 07:10 AM
Thanks Eli.

I can't contain myself anymore, just thrilled to hear the news that Deb is fine! Yay! Go Deb for kicking cancer's ass!!

Sent from my Bat Cave

hbchgirl
02-18-2014, 07:39 AM
Well..Fuck.

I'm so sorry to hear this! Keeping her in my thoughts and prayers!

thatguy
02-18-2014, 08:31 AM
Thanks Eli!

What Eli is referencing is that one of the Chemo nurses who has become a sort of close friend of Debs reviewed her blood results "unofficially".

Completely off the record, She informed us that the blood report looks like 98% of the typical reports she sees with women doing similar treatments.

Like everything else on this roller coaster, it's a big swing from just a few days ago...but in itself is an encouraging turn!

It highlights the fact that these doctors go mostly off interpretation of statistics, coupled with individual wishes and the biological response to treatments.

We have come to the conclusion that the "highs and lows" of what the doctors say, if taken verbatim, are not worth the stress.

On that note, we are just going to take it as it comes, and be thankful that through all of this, Deb has never even felt sick or been anything more than a little tired at times.

djunkie
02-18-2014, 08:45 AM
Hoping for the best Tommy. They took labs on me early last week to check my stuff out and I'm still waiting to hear the results. I go in today for my Bleomycin treatment so I'm gonna hit them up for my results. Hopefully the markers are dropping fast.

Eli
02-18-2014, 08:47 AM

Any word on your FIL?

Sent from my Bat Cave

Eli
02-18-2014, 08:47 AM
Hoping for the best Tommy. They took labs on me early last week to check my stuff out and I'm still waiting to hear the results. I go in today for my Bleomycin treatment so I'm gonna hit them up for my results. Hopefully the markers are dropping fast.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you! Are you feeling any better today?

Sent from my Bat Cave

djunkie
02-18-2014, 08:59 AM
Keeping my fingers crossed for you! Are you feeling any better today?

Sent from my Bat Cave

Yes a little better this morning. I kinda feel like its finally flushing out of me at the moment. I was up a lot last night peeing so I'm thinking it's finally coming out of me. I don't think I hydrated enough this weekend so I'm gonna get them to run a bag of fluids through me today to help with the flush.

Eli
02-18-2014, 09:01 AM
Yes a little better this morning. I kinda feel like its finally flushing out of me at the moment. I was up a lot last night peeing so I'm thinking it's finally coming out of me. I don't think I hydrated enough this weekend so I'm gonna get them to run a bag of fluids through me today to help with the flush.

That's a good idea. Look at you participating in your medical decisions and recovery! That's awesome!

Sent from my Bat Cave

thatguy
02-18-2014, 09:33 AM

Same to you Man! Keep us posted!

thatguy
02-18-2014, 09:34 AM
That's a good idea. Look at you participating in your medical decisions and recovery! That's awesome!

Sent from my Bat Cave

Yep! Djunkie lining those doctors out!

GRADS
02-21-2014, 10:15 AM
Bump. I got some good news this morning. I had two biopsies done on Tuesday and they came back negative. Yay! And now I got a few more scars to add to my street cred as well. ;)

thatguy
02-21-2014, 10:47 AM
Bump. I got some good news this morning. I had two biopsies done on Tuesday and they came back negative. Yay! And now I got a few more scars to add to my street cred as well. ;)

What a badass! All gangsta scarred an' shizzle...!!

Great news Grads!!

Eli
02-21-2014, 11:09 AM

Great news! But, I'm guessing the scars are from some crazy mission you went on and don't want to tell us about :D

Sent from my Bat Cave

hbchgirl
02-21-2014, 02:20 PM

Great news!!!

HB Vic
02-21-2014, 02:27 PM

Good news. Now buy a boat already.

GRADS
02-26-2014, 05:42 PM
I was wondering how dmunkie is doing?

Eli
02-27-2014, 10:22 AM
Please remember to get your routine cancer check up!! Then follow up with the doctor, don't expect them to follow up with you!

Sent from my Bat Cave

djunkie
03-01-2014, 09:31 AM
I was wondering how dmunkie is doing?

I'm alive. Really fucked up from chemo though. Daily nausea and whole list of other side effects that are driving me crazy. My tumor markers have substantially dropped and are right around normal levels so that's a good sign. I start my 3rd and hopefully last cycle on Monday then I'm supposed to get a ct scan the week after. Hopefully I'll be done with this crap.

Offishial Business
03-01-2014, 09:42 AM
Cancer SUCKS
I hate the shit, so many good people end up with it and it seems like the dirt bags of life go with out suffering.
sorry had to rant.

www.TheCatchTour.org

Eli
03-01-2014, 09:46 AM
Cancer SUCKS
I hate the shit, so many good people end up with it and it seems like the dirt bags of life go with out suffering.
sorry had to rant.

www.TheCatchTour.org

👍

Sent from my Bat Cave

HotWater
03-01-2014, 09:48 AM
I'm alive. Really fucked up from chemo though. Daily nausea and whole list of other side effects that are driving me crazy. My tumor markers have substantially dropped and are right around normal levels so that's a good sign. I start my 3rd and hopefully last cycle on Monday then I'm supposed to get a ct scan the week after. Hopefully I'll be done with this crap.

That's good news djunkie!

Eli
03-01-2014, 10:07 AM
That's good news djunkie!

Hello?????????

Sent from my Bat Cave

28eliminator
03-01-2014, 10:08 AM

Glad to hear it :thumbsUp:

HotWater
03-05-2014, 06:44 PM
Good luck in the marathon!

riverrunner1984
12-18-2014, 05:11 PM
Kim got a call today and has to go in on Monday for a secondary check. Guess the Dr. didn't like the mammogram results from Nov.
Kinda nervous over here. We can use some good thoughts and prayers.

HB Vic
12-18-2014, 05:14 PM
She'll be fine. I think they do that just to be safe. Positive thoughts for sure!!

Eli
12-18-2014, 05:15 PM
Kim got a call today and has to go in on Monday for a secondary check. Guess the Dr. didn't like the mammogram results from Nov.
Kinda nervous over here. We can use some good thoughts and prayers.

I hope there's good news...I'll be praying for you and Kim.

Sent from my Bat Cave...

riverrunner1984
12-18-2014, 05:18 PM
She'll be fine. I think they do that just to be safe. Positive thoughts for sure!!

I hope there's good news...I'll be praying for you and Kim.
Sent from my Bat Cave...

Thanks guys.
Her brother just got diagnosed with testicular 2 weeks ago so to say she is nervous is an understatement.
We are hoping it is a false alarm especially since the primary care Dr did a touch check in July and it was ok....
Thanks again.

Eli
12-18-2014, 05:19 PM
Thanks guys.
Her brother just got diagnosed with testicular 2 weeks ago so to say she is nervous is an understatement.
We are hoping it is a false alarm especially since the primary care Dr did a touch check in July and it was ok....
Thanks again.

Better to be proactive. Il be praying for her brother too!! If you need anything please text or call me.

Sent from my Bat Cave...

djunkie
12-18-2014, 05:43 PM
Thanks guys.
Thanks again.

If he's got any questions don't be afraid to ask.

riverrunner1984
12-18-2014, 06:00 PM
If he's got any questions don't be afraid to ask.

Thx bro, I'll let him know.

riverrunner1984
12-22-2014, 09:09 AM
Thank God!
Mammogram showed a "mass" but Dr. Today did an untrasound and it ended up being nothing! Dr. said it was a fluke that the mammy must have compressed the tissue to resemble a mass. When it is all spread out with the ultrasound, it showed normal.
Thanks for the prayers and good vibes!

Eli
12-22-2014, 09:11 AM
Thank God!
Mammogram showed a "mass" but Dr. Today did an untrasound and it ended up being nothing! Dr. said it was a fluke that the mammy must have compressed the tissue to resemble a mass. When it is all spread out with the ultrasound, it showed normal.
Thanks for the prayers and good vibes!

Thank god!!! What a relief! I've gotta get mammogram ASAP.

Sent from my Bat Cave...

HB Vic
12-22-2014, 09:11 AM
Fuckity fuck fuck fuck cancer!!!

riverrunner1984
10-12-2016, 08:39 AM
Prayers would be appreciated....my uncle (grandma that lives with me son). Had a biopsy on fri in lymph nodes and just got confirmation that it is cancer. They don't know where or how far along it is but biopsy was cancerous. Waiting on a call from the oncologist....sucks I'm the only one in the fam to know right now. He plans on telling everyone tonight...it really hits home when it is someone close in the fam.
[emoji120][emoji120][emoji120]

HB Vic
10-12-2016, 08:46 AM
That sucks man, sorry to hear this.

Hopefully it's early and treatment will work.

Fuck Cancer [emoji1596]

2manymustangs
10-12-2016, 09:01 AM
:no:

sorry to hear this RR.... We just got the news that my bro in law has throat cancer and is still working through the treatment plans...

I think that we can be VERY hopeful that proper diagnosis and the new treatment protocols have greatly improved treatments/process/drugs/radiation...

[emoji120]

314joey
10-12-2016, 09:04 AM
Cancer is the worst, take care guys and tell them people are praying for them.

riverrunner1984
10-12-2016, 09:14 AM
:no:

sorry to hear this RR.... We just got the news that my bro in law has throat cancer and is still working through the treatment plans...

I think that we can be VERY hopeful that proper diagnosis and the new treatment protocols have greatly improved treatments/process/drugs/radiation...

[emoji120]

Sorry to hear about your bro in law. I will keep him in my prayers as well.

riverrunner1984
11-24-2016, 12:20 PM
So my uncle started loosing his hair and shaved his head. He didn't want to come over today for thanksgiving because of it so my other uncle, my brother and I all shaved our domes!
#fuckcancer http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161124/7ac1b39a40e723a776deefa1e573b799.jpg

HB Vic
11-24-2016, 12:39 PM
Hell yeah good job you guys!!

Fuck cancer [emoji1596]

riverrunner1984
11-25-2016, 06:59 AM
Me, sick uncle and my bro
Told him we wouldn't grow our hair back until he grows his back.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161125/1d104eacbf2c95fd2f5f3851b397bc3d.jpg

One with my other uncle
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161125/edb9a664f3eb4d84918ffdbd090e933b.jpg

314joey
11-25-2016, 11:54 AM
That's cool, don't let your dome get burned, hope he gets better soon, chit sucks.

cdnoutlaw
11-26-2016, 05:39 AM

One with my other uncle

That is very big of you guys to do that for your uncle, I'm sure your uncle thinks he has the best nephews in the world

2manymustangs
11-27-2016, 07:39 AM
:party1: very cool guys...

My Bro in Law is starting his 5th week of treatments for his throat cancer. Looks like he will get a feeding tube due to the ulcers/sores in his mouth as a result of the treatments. :cry2:

Mrs.K034
11-27-2016, 12:50 PM

One with my other uncle

That is so bad ass that you did that for him. [emoji1303][emoji1303][emoji1303]