PDA

View Full Version : iPhone help

28eliminator
12-18-2013, 01:20 PM
My power button (the one on top) is no longer operable.. I cant turn it off, or on for that matter. Can this be fixed? Its been difficult and hard to push for a long time, now it no workie at all :bangmyhead:

Wendi
12-18-2013, 01:23 PM
My power button (the one on top) is no longer operable.. I cant turn it off, or on for that matter. Can this be fixed? Its been difficult and hard to push for a long time, now it no workie at all :bangmyhead:

Will iPhone replace the phone? Mine is really hard as well I hope I'm not heading down you path to fully breaking!

HB Vic
12-18-2013, 01:28 PM
They'll only replace it if its under warranty. Its a defect. I've replaced 3 of them for the same reason.

If you jamb the button against the corner of something hard, like a desk, it might work. But that's obviously not a fix

Paul65K
12-18-2013, 01:35 PM
My power button (the one on top) is no longer operable.. I cant turn it off, or on for that matter. Can this be fixed? Its been difficult and hard to push for a long time, now it no workie at all :bangmyhead:Dave,

Make an appointment at the Apple Store.....I think there is one in La Quinta?? If it can't be fixed they will trade you for the same model very reasonably.....even if you break the screen or jump in the pool with the phone it's way cheaper than dealing with your carrier.......don't ask me how I know :rolleyes

Gimme a call if you got any questions :thumb:

Eli
12-18-2013, 01:35 PM

Take it to the Apple store I've had my phone replaced every time I go there, except when the screen was a non apple replacement. I've always had great service.

Sent from my Bat Cave

28eliminator
12-18-2013, 01:40 PM
Sounds like I'll hit up the Apple store.. Thanks everyone.

Eli
12-18-2013, 01:59 PM
Sounds like I'll hit up the Apple store.. Thanks everyone.

We need to work on your anger management skills. Don't harm any Apple Employees please!

Sent from my Bat Cave

Joker
12-18-2013, 02:17 PM
Didn't Paul take his to albertsons to get fixed?

Universal Elements
12-18-2013, 04:38 PM

Try this, definitely when you have your phone fixed. It will save the button quite a bit.

https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-3401

http://www.imore.com/how-remedy-bad-home-button-or-power-button-iphone-using-assistive-touch

28eliminator
12-18-2013, 04:59 PM
Try this, definitely when you have your phone fixed. It will save the button quite a bit.

https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-3401

http://www.imore.com/how-remedy-bad-home-button-or-power-button-iphone-using-assistive-touch

That will help to turn it off until I get to the apple store, but what about turning the phone back on..? I'm afraid to turn it off now, it doesn't say anything about how to turn the phone on, if you cant use the screen lock/power button..LOL

28eliminator
12-18-2013, 05:00 PM
Didn't Paul take his to albertsons to get fixed?

:thumb::D

Eli
12-18-2013, 05:03 PM
Dave,

Make an appointment at the Apple Store.....I think there is one in La Quinta?? If it can't be fixed they will trade you for the same model very reasonably.....even if you break the screen or jump in the pool with the phone it's way cheaper than dealing with your carrier.......don't ask me how I know :rolleyes

Gimme a call if you got any questions :thumb:

Jump in the pool with your phone?

And I thought I was addicted to my phone.

They give you a new one for free. I've never paid for a new 1. I've bought 2 iPhones and received 7-8 free ones :D

Sent from my Bat Cave

Brian
12-18-2013, 05:14 PM
Have fun with the Apple store. That place will be a zoo this time of year (with or with out an appt.)

Universal Elements
12-18-2013, 05:42 PM
That will help to turn it off until I get to the apple store, but what about turning the phone back on..? I'm afraid to turn it off now, it doesn't say anything about how to turn the phone on, if you cant use the screen lock/power button..LOL

You're right! The phone will only come on if the charger cord is installed. Or, when you hit the bottom center button, the screen will turn on. But, don't try it. :happy: