PDA

View Full Version : Four years ago today I was told I had the big C

GRADS
12-17-2013, 11:29 AM
The doctor called me four years ago today and told me to be in his office within an hour and to bring my wife with me. That's never good. I ended up spending Christmas Eve in the hospital that year not knowing if it was going to be my last Christmas......Fast forward four years and If you haven't noticed I'm still here!

I'm going paddling out at the lake to celebrate!:party2:

Edit:
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/12/18/u7ene7e5.jpg

2manymustangs
12-17-2013, 11:34 AM
The doctor called me four years ago today and told me to be in his office within an hour and to bring my wife with me. That's never good. I ended up spending Christmas Eve in the hospital that year not knowing if it was going to be my last Christmas......Fast forward four years and If you haven't noticed I'm still here!

Kayak pictures??? Please do post them up...
I will post pictures later.

Glad your here Grads... That is a great ray of hope and a blessing for us to hear testimony like this...

HB Vic
12-17-2013, 11:35 AM
Fuck Cancer!!

Paddle away dude. Post pics ASAP, but don't get in any trouble.

Paul65K
12-17-2013, 11:38 AM
Great story Greg...........it's great to hang out with you here :thumb:

I now completely understand why little things like getting banned don't phase you much......good for you!!!

Stainless
12-17-2013, 11:41 AM
Go to dermatologist twice a year myself Grads. Have a minor procedure scheduled Monday. The effects of skin cancer weren't know growing up, I would come home as a kid blistered to the nines! SPF 8 was as high as protection went and it was useless as tits on a boar hog.

CH3NO2

Wendi
12-17-2013, 12:15 PM
Have fun and glad you are ok! FUCK CANCER!:party-smiley-020:

Eli
12-17-2013, 12:21 PM
FUCK CANCER!!!!!!

Grads, I am so glad you kicked cancer's ass! I'm thrilled to have met you and call you my friend! Have a wonderful time paddling and don't pick up anything that has a skull or a caution sign on it!!!!!

POST PICS!!!

thatguy
12-17-2013, 12:29 PM
Congrats Grads!!!

We are going through the same ordeal now.

Deb is cancer free as of last week, done with Chemo, but still has radiation and a drug called Herceptin to do for a while.

We are looking forward to a GREAT summer!!:party-smiley-020:

Have fun out there and FUCK CANCER!:action-smiley-047:

314joey
12-17-2013, 12:31 PM
It's hard to keep a good guy down, congrats.

Ziggy
12-17-2013, 12:32 PM

That makes me see you in a completely different light Greg, appreciate you sharing that intimate fact.:thumbsUp:

Great story Greg...........it's great to hang out with you here :thumb:

I now completely understand why little things like getting banned don't phase you much......good for you!!!
Ditto

GRADS
12-17-2013, 01:42 PM
Fuck cancer. I'm here!
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/12/18/jy2a3ame.jpg

Wendi
12-17-2013, 01:42 PM
Fuck cancer. I'm here!

Nerd alert LOL! Nice Santa hat

HB Vic
12-17-2013, 01:58 PM
Fuck cancer. I'm here!

I could never do a selfie wearing a santa hat, more power to you LOL :D

Sharp shooter
12-17-2013, 02:01 PM
That's awesome!!! Hopefully it never comes back. :action-smiley-032:

Eli
12-17-2013, 02:04 PM
Fuck cancer. I'm here!

What's under your finger nail?

GRADS
12-17-2013, 02:30 PM
And I'm dressed in all red! Lol I brought the go pro with me today, il post when I get home.

28eliminator
12-17-2013, 02:56 PM

Good for you man!!

thatguy
12-17-2013, 03:23 PM
I could never do a selfie wearing a santa hat, more power to you LOL :D

Apparently you haven't seen the infamous "other" picture??
The Santa hat is run of the mill for Grads!

Joker
12-17-2013, 03:25 PM
Congratulations on beating it Grads.

GRADS
12-17-2013, 04:25 PM
Ah shit, I think the popo is waiting for me at my truck.

ChumpChange
12-17-2013, 04:28 PM
Congratulations on beating it Grads.

Really? You congratulate a guy on beating it?

Ah shit, I think the popo is waiting for me at my truck.

Let's make this thread interesting. Resist!!!!!

Eli
12-17-2013, 04:32 PM

Let's make this thread interesting. Resist!!!!!

I totally caught that one too, but I think I've exceeded my dirty mind comments for the day, so I refrained. I'm so glad you said something!

:LMAOsmiley::LMAOsmiley::LMAOsmiley::LMAOsmiley::L MAOsmiley:

Wendi
12-17-2013, 04:33 PM

Let's make this thread interesting. Resist!!!!! Beating IT IT??

GRADS
12-17-2013, 04:34 PM
Fuck, I'm in trouble. Not how I wanted today to end.
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/12/18/a7e9u6un.jpg

thatguy
12-17-2013, 04:37 PM

We drew straws on who would make the call........

hbchgirl
12-17-2013, 04:38 PM
That's awesome GRADS!!!

Eli
12-17-2013, 04:39 PM

Don't say anything. If they ask you questions repeat after me, "I am asserting my right to counsel" then SHUT UP! Call me when you get to the station.

Ugh, now I have to set up my cell phone to take collect calls from jail! :jail:

NRI
12-17-2013, 04:40 PM
Way to go! Just celebrated 3 yrs cancer free. Having kicked Cancer's ass, I say FUCK CANCER!!! You need one of these

thatguy
12-17-2013, 04:42 PM
Don't say anything. If they ask you questions repeat after me, "I am asserting my right to counsel" then SHUT UP! Call me when you get to the station.

Ugh, now I have to set up my cell phone to take collect calls from jail! :jail:

That's good advice grads.....I watched her talk a full plate of food out of Bilgies hands in Vegas......not an easy feat....

GRADS
12-17-2013, 05:03 PM
They're searching everything...we'll see. Fuck

WESTERNAERO
12-17-2013, 05:29 PM
Now what kind of trouble are you getting into???????? :shock:

HB Vic
12-17-2013, 05:38 PM

Leave it to you to return to the scene of the crime. You better hope Eli can save your ass :D

Napanutt
12-17-2013, 05:52 PM

Saw your post on FB. Were they being dicks or just going through the motions?

GRADS
12-17-2013, 06:02 PM
Well I guess Homeland Security does not like it when you get too close to the dam with a GoPro camera strapped to your board. I guess they thought I was going to blow up the dam. I will post the video and the whole story in another thread tonight.

Eli
12-17-2013, 06:15 PM
Leave it to you to return to the scene of the crime. You better hope Eli can save your ass :D

I was so concerned I called him…I could still hear the quivering in his voice.

Well I guess Homeland Security does not like it when you get too close to the dam with a GoPro camera strapped to your board. I guess they thought I was going to blow up the dam. I will post the video and the whole story in another thread tonight.

I feel responsible, I told you not to pick up anything with a skull or caution sign. I failed to tell you not to cross "DO NOT ENTER" zones! I will be at your arraignment on Thursday.

thatguy
12-17-2013, 06:21 PM

"Grads 2013, Cancer survivor...freelance terrorist. Your agent in the field!"

Call for rates....

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s170/thomasljr/RD/Copy2ofjy2a3ame.jpg

GRADS
12-17-2013, 06:22 PM
Here's a pic from the GoPro.

HB Vic
12-17-2013, 06:23 PM

You like Football right? Keep this in mind for your next "adventure":

Taunting - NFL, 5yds and loss of down
Taunting - DHS, 5yrs and loss of sex with members of the opposite sex

LOL

Eli
12-17-2013, 06:23 PM
"grads 2013, cancer survivor...freelance terrorist. Your agent in the field!"

call for rates....

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s170/thomasljr/rd/copy2ofjy2a3ame.jpg

rotflmao

GRADS
12-17-2013, 06:24 PM
"Grads 2013, Cancer survivor...freelance terrorist. Your agent in the field!"

Call for rates....

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s170/thomasljr/RD/Copy2ofjy2a3ame.jpg

Oh great, now I'm going to have the black vans show up at my house. That's pretty "dam" funny. ;)

thatguy
12-17-2013, 06:34 PM
:smackhead:smackhead
Oh great, now I'm going to have the black vans show up at my house. That's pretty "dam" funny. ;)

I think they got your number already...Did you hear the scanner feed??

"All units, we have a 10-66 / 10-50 in a santa cap and red attire paddling towards the damn barrier waving a pole with device attached....proceed with caution"....

thatguy
12-17-2013, 06:35 PM
Here's a pic from the GoPro.

That's a great shot!!

WESTERNAERO
12-17-2013, 06:39 PM
:smackhead:smackhead

I think they got your number already...Did you hear the scanner feed??

"All units, we have a 10-66 / 10-50 in a santa cap and red attire paddling towards the damn barrier waving a pole with sexual device attached....proceed with caution"....

Fixed it for ya.

thatguy
12-17-2013, 06:45 PM
Fixed it for ya.

ROTFLMAO!!! You, good sir, owe me a keyboard!!!!!

Stainless
12-17-2013, 06:56 PM
Way to go! Just celebrated 3 yrs cancer free. Having kicked Cancer's ass, I say FUCK CANCER!!! You need one of these

Glad your here to post Nick! ;)
What's your story, if you don't mind telling it publicly? :)

Bench race driver of the NHRA 16X Castrol GTX Mustang

hbchgirl
12-17-2013, 07:07 PM
Glad your here to post Nick! ;)
What's your story, if you don't mind telling it publicly? :)

Here's a thread I posted back in November about his journey. He's quite proud to be a survivor!

http://www.hotboat.com/frm/showthread.php?3398-NRI-celebrates-3-yrs-CANCER-FREE!!!

Stainless
12-17-2013, 07:21 PM
Here's a thread I posted back in November about his journey. He's quite proud to be a survivor!

http://www.hotboat.com/frm/showthread.php?3398-NRI-celebrates-3-yrs-CANCER-FREE!!!

All I can say is WOW! Very nice job of chronicling the journey. ;)
Having never seen Nick before Vic's Birthday party, what an improvement in health he has become. Great inspiration for someone that is going through cancer survival. Thanks for bringing it up for all to see Liahna. :)

GRADS
12-17-2013, 07:28 PM

Wow, what an incredible story. Stage IV is no joke. Thank you for posting that.

Stainless
12-17-2013, 07:32 PM
Wow, what an incredible story. Stage IV is no joke. Thank you for posting that.

Grads, you had melanoma if memory serves me?

mrs.daytona
12-17-2013, 09:45 PM
Grads, you had melanoma if memory serves me?

Yes he did.

Tishimself
12-17-2013, 09:45 PM
My mom is a cancer survivor. Breast cancer. I spent my 8th grade year taking care of her when she would come home so sick from the chemo. Unfortunately, we lost my beloved mother in law in December 2011 to melanoma. We miss her dearly. Greg, now I understand why you are always in such a great mood and always so happy....congrats on beating it brother...keep living your life on your terms...nest to you sir...

mrs.daytona
12-17-2013, 09:47 PM
It was a scary time of uncertainty and what if's. Thankfully you survived it. If you keep up these antics out at the lake, I'm going to be the one to kill you ;)

Eli
12-17-2013, 09:50 PM

You need to tell them what the bomb dog guy told you!

Eli
12-17-2013, 09:51 PM
It was a scary time of uncertainty and what if's. Thankfully you survived it. If you keep up these antics out at the lake, I'm going to be the one to kill you ;)

I called Grads to see if he was locked up...just in case you may need some consoling ;)

RogerThat99
12-17-2013, 09:55 PM

I remember it well. I called him on Christmas Eve to check on him. I was worried about my Buddy!! Glad you are OK.

Wheeler
12-17-2013, 10:18 PM
The doctor called me four years ago today ....

Good job Grads, hope you have many more Christmases in your future.

GRADS
12-17-2013, 10:20 PM

After reading your thread I think you deserve that shirt more than anybody I know. Congrats to you, you really kicked its ass!

mrs.daytona
12-17-2013, 10:39 PM
I called Grads to see if he was locked up...just in case you may need some consoling ;)

I always need consoling! :D

thatguy
12-17-2013, 11:18 PM
All I can say is WOW! Very nice job of chronicling the journey. ;)
Having never seen Nick before Vic's Birthday party, what an improvement in health he has become. Great inspiration for someone that is going through cancer survival. Thanks for bringing it up for all to see Liahna. :)

Where were you at Vegas???

thatguy
12-17-2013, 11:21 PM
My mom is a cancer survivor. Breast cancer. I spent my 8th grade year taking care of her when she would come home so sick from the chemo. Unfortunately, we lost my beloved mother in law in December 2011 to melanoma. We miss her dearly. Greg, now I understand why you are always in such a great mood and always so happy....congrats on beating it brother...keep living your life on your terms...nest to you sir...

I remember that year Brett, it was a tough one for you guys...:cry::cry:

Tishimself
12-18-2013, 10:20 AM
I remember that year Brett, it was a tough one for you guys...:cry::cry:

Thanks brother...I was a great fan of Patricia...she was born in England, and was one of the children put on a trains to get them out of London during the Battle of Britain...an amazing woman, and she had the cutest little English accent you ever heard. She used to call me "His Lordship"....LOL....we miss her terribly....but the hardest part is Chrissie, who was sitting next to the tree the other night softly weeping because she misses her so...I have found I need to let her cry, to get it out of her system, not hold it in...but it is so hard. I think the worst sound in the world is the sound of your wife crying...I'm sure of that....I don't think the pain ever goes away Tommy, it just gets.....more dull.

hbchgirl
12-18-2013, 11:38 AM
Thanks brother...I was a great fan of Patricia...she was born in England, and was one of the children put on a trains to get them out of London during the Battle of Britain...an amazing woman, and she had the cutest little English accent you ever heard. She used to call me "His Lordship"....LOL....we miss her terribly....but the hardest part is Chrissie, who was sitting next to the tree the other night softly weeping because she misses her so...I have found I need to let her cry, to get it out of her system, not hold it in...but it is so hard. I think the worst sound in the world is the sound of your wife crying...I'm sure of that....I don't think the pain ever goes away Tommy, it just gets.....more dull.

I'm so sorry to hear about your mother-in-law, how sad for your wife...can't imagine losing my mom. Hugs to your wife!

Tishimself
12-18-2013, 12:00 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about your mother-in-law, how sad for your wife...can't imagine losing my mom. Hugs to your wife!

Thank you for your most kind words, I will pass them along to Chrissie, I'm sure she will be comforted by them....here is a picture of her from happier times, our wedding day...