PDA

View Full Version : Cant do the pain anymore

McRib
12-16-2013, 05:10 PM
Many yrs ago due to bad intel I and few that didn't come home got caught in the wrong place at the wrong time and paid for it. My shoulder has been a prob for a long while but as of lately my knee has been getting progressively worse very quickly. Today was a trip to the VA to start things rolling. They made it bionic with a magic shot till I can get an MRI that will dictate the course of action.
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/12/17/zana7edy.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/12/17/py2ymeny.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/12/17/guteqepu.jpg

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

28eliminator
12-16-2013, 05:14 PM
Ouch...

Wendi
12-16-2013, 05:15 PM
Well maybe you shouldn't be such a dancing fool!!!:bananadance:

McRib
12-16-2013, 05:21 PM
Well maybe you shouldn't be such a dancing fool!!!:bananadance:

Dont hate on my moves!! Lol

Joker
12-16-2013, 05:23 PM
Just the sight of that needle going in hurts.

McRib
12-16-2013, 05:24 PM
Just the sight of that needle going in hurts.

Thats my favorite part. Lol

Eli
12-16-2013, 06:40 PM
Thats my favorite part. Lol

I knew you liked getting poked ;)

Sent from my Bat Cave!!!

314joey
12-16-2013, 07:01 PM
WOW, fix that puppy while you're young, hope they get ya all squared away, good luck.

Paul65K
12-16-2013, 07:02 PM
Hey Andrew,

Trust me I've had more knee operations than any human should ever have (7 total). Please feel free to give me a call if you got any of the "Real World" questions on rehab, etc......I'd be happy to talk about it if you'd like??

Cheers!
Paul

GRADS
12-16-2013, 07:22 PM
Cortisone shot? Those things really are magic.

Tishimself
12-16-2013, 07:33 PM
Andrew, my mom had I believe the same procedure done last week, and I believe mom is walking again....she is staring down the barrel of a full knee replacement here if these don't work....but I believe they did...I will let you know....tell me, do you feel better? Is your knee different after the shot?

McRib
12-16-2013, 07:37 PM
Andrew, my mom had I believe the same procedure done last week, and I believe mom is walking again....she is staring down the barrel of a full knee replacement here if these don't work....but I believe they did...I will let you know....tell me, do you feel better? Is your knee different after the shot?

It was a mix of cortisone and an anesthetic. It numb right now and a bit bionic. When the anesthesia part wears off and the cortisone kicks in tomorrow I will know more. It works well in my shoulder but I dont move it much. My knee is always working so we will see what the future brings

Tishimself
12-16-2013, 07:44 PM
It was a mix of cortisone and an anesthetic. It numb right now and a bit bionic. When the anesthesia part wears off and the cortisone kicks in tomorrow I will know more. It works well in my shoulder but I dont move it much. My knee is always working so we will see what the future brings

Mom said the trick was finding a guy who could get the needle in and not bring on serious pain in the process....IIRC she said that if it worked, she could deal with the shot every 6 months or so as she found a guy who doesn't hurt her with the needle....and that's a big damned needle.....like a number 12 or 11 maybe.....I think you will be helped by it. thanks for your service....when we meet, it will be an honor to buy you a beer or two or ten..... ;)

McRib
12-16-2013, 07:47 PM
Mom said the trick was finding a guy who could get the needle in and not bring on serious pain in the process....IIRC she said that if it worked, she could deal with the shot every 6 months or so as she found a guy who doesn't hurt her with the needle....and that's a big damned needle.....like a number 12 or 11 maybe.....I think you will be helped by it. thanks for your service....when we meet, it will be an honor to buy you a beer or two or ten..... ;)

No beer. Titos!! :D

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Sharp shooter
12-16-2013, 07:47 PM
Hey Andrew,

Trust me I've had more knee operations than any human should ever have (7 total). Please feel free to give me a call if you got any of the "Real World" questions on rehab, etc......I'd be happy to talk about it if you'd like??

Cheers!
Paul

Hey Paul, any good tips on restoring knee flexion? I'm at 50 degrees and have a week to hit 90. Seems impossible.

Stainless
12-16-2013, 07:49 PM
I'm blessed not to have any joint or back pain thus far. :)

Bench race driver of the NHRA 16X Castrol GTX Mustang

Sharp shooter
12-16-2013, 07:51 PM

Never jinx yourself like that. :D

Stainless
12-16-2013, 07:54 PM
Never jinx yourself like that. :D

Thanks, knock on my noggin! :D

WESTERNAERO
12-16-2013, 08:01 PM
Hey Paul, any good tips on restoring knee flexion? I'm at 50 degrees and have a week to hit 90. Seems impossible.

It's pretty much a no-pain no-gain deal, correct? But you had the blood clot which complicated your range of motion exercising. That should get taken into consideration wouldn't you think?

Sharp shooter
12-16-2013, 08:19 PM
It's pretty much a no-pain no-gain deal, correct? But you had the blood clot which complicated your range of motion exercising. That should get taken into consideration wouldn't you think?

That's exactly right, but regardless of the blood clot putting me 2 weeks behind the dr wants to see 90 by this Friday. I'm trying like hell to get there. :knockout:

Paul65K
12-16-2013, 08:31 PM

I'm probably the wrong guy on that one......it took me 4 months just to go from 10 to 55 and another year to get to 85......5 years later I'm barely at 100....wish I could help a little more.

The only real advice I can give you is do 2X-3X the amount of exercises they give you to do at home......and don't be afraid to take your meds to help you through the pain. I was weening myself off the Oxycontin too quickly and the Pain Dr. all but forced me to take more.....when I did it really helped me get through the PT. :thumb:

ChumpChange
12-16-2013, 08:53 PM

I has a horrendous lower back. Even when I was a kid, our old Mexican handyman friend would clown me as he out dug, lifted, and did anything yard related better than the white boy who was some twenty years younger.

Sharp shooter
12-16-2013, 09:13 PM
I'm probably the wrong guy on that one......it took me 4 months just to go from 10 to 55 and another year to get to 85......5 years later I'm barely at 100....wish I could help a little more.

The only real advice I can give you is do 2X-3X the amount of exercises they give you to do at home......and don't be afraid to take your meds to help you through the pain. I was weening myself off the Oxycontin too quickly and the Pain Dr. all but forced me to take more.....when I did it really helped me get through the PT. :thumb:

They gave me 1 movement to do. He says I need 90 before starting PT. I'm doing 4 different excersizes at 6 different times throughout the day. No meds. Now I'm able to force close to 90 but it needs to get there without being forced. Wish me luck. :)

Paul65K
12-16-2013, 09:17 PM
They gave me 1 movement to do. He says I need 90 before starting PT. I'm doing 4 different excersizes at 6 different times throughout the day. No meds. Now I'm able to force close to 90 but it needs to get there without being forced. Wish me luck. :) I would think that the good news is you can already force it to 90.

Are you weight bearing yet?
Does he have you in a CPM?

The key as far as I'm concerned is keep it moving......and then move it some more :thumb:

Sharp shooter
12-16-2013, 09:59 PM
I would think that the good news is you can already force it to 90.

Are you weight bearing yet?
Does he have you in a CPM?

The key as far as I'm concerned is keep it moving......and then move it some more :thumb:

Yes on the weight bearing but I definately can't walk. No on the machine. I think all the scar tissue limits movement. Dr says if I can't get it moved I might need another surgery so I do have motivation.:)

Paul65K
12-16-2013, 10:03 PM
Yes on the weight bearing but I definately can't walk. No on the machine. I think all the scar tissue limits movement. Dr says if I can't get it moved I might need another surgery so I do have motivation.:)
Good luck......like I said, keep it moving!