PDA

View Full Version : Wasn't what a wanted for Christmas

314joey
12-16-2013, 09:17 AM
Looks like we got our Christmas presents early, the stinkin' pool pump went out last yesterday afternoon, so I broke the old one down and went and bought a new one this morning and replaced it already, $300 bucks later it's up and running better than new, no presents for joey or Terri this year, always something. :yikes::bangmyhead:

Wendi
12-16-2013, 09:20 AM
Merry Christmas! Wendi and WMC never get Christmas because we are always chasing our money this time of year. Sucks.

Eli
12-16-2013, 09:37 AM
That sucks! Glad it was a quick fix. Wouldn't want you two not to have a pool this time of year ;)

Sent from my Bat Cave!!!

SBS933
12-16-2013, 10:19 AM
It's the gift that keeps on giving Joey.

314joey
12-16-2013, 10:34 AM
Merry Christmas! Wendi and WMC never get Christmas because we are always chasing our money this time of year. Sucks.

Always something new to fix, huh, Wendi, merry christmas too.

That sucks! Glad it was a quick fix. Wouldn't want you two not to have a pool this time of year ;)

Sent from my Bat Cave!!!

Getting in the pool on Christmas Eve is a requirement, it was fairly easy to fix other than the money part.

You're right, gotta look at the "glass half full'

2manymustangs
12-16-2013, 11:12 AM
Joey, YOu the man... YOu can win that back in one night of poker in Vegas... :action-smiley-032:

314joey
12-16-2013, 01:24 PM
Joey, YOu the man... YOu can win that back in one night of poker in Vegas... :action-smiley-032:

At least I can give it a try and if not at least I got a lot of free alcohol...woooo hoooo.

GRADS
12-16-2013, 01:48 PM
Does everything that is metal rust that bad because you are so close to the salt water?

314joey
12-16-2013, 02:29 PM
Does everything that is metal rust that bad because you are so close to the salt water?

Yes, if you don't treat metal items that are outside they tend to rust/corrode quicker since we're on top of the Gulf and we get the salt air, it's like anything else, if you maintain things it's does OK, the people that owned the house before us didn't take care of stuff very well, so this is what you get, if you spray WD-40 on metal stuff every 4-6 months it keeps it from corroding.

Every other time we go to Sam's I buy a three pack of WD-40, I spray the garage springs, the metal pool and dock stuff and of course the outdrives on my boat every other time we take the boat out, it works great.

I guess that's the price you pay to live on top of the ocean, it's worth it.

RogerThat99
12-16-2013, 03:04 PM
I guess it is a good thing that "Taking Care Of The Pool" is one of your job descriptions. LOL.

HB Vic
12-16-2013, 03:23 PM
I'm impressed. Why did you change it yourself?? More interested in your logic since I'm sure you could have easily paid someone to do it :D

314joey
12-16-2013, 03:48 PM
I guess it is a good thing that "Taking Care Of The Pool" is one of your job descriptions. LOL.

Roger that, RogerThat99............I'm sure you've heard that before......lol

I'm impressed. Why did you change it yourself?? More interested in your logic since I'm sure you could have easily paid someone to do it :D

I took me ten minutes to take it apart and thirty minutes to put it back together and they wanted $200 hun to do it, yup, when it comes to costing that much for less than an hours work, I'll do it myself, beside how lazy can one guy be.......................lol.

Sometimes it feels good to fix stuff, like you did something worth while and saved some cash.

HB Vic
12-16-2013, 03:58 PM
I took me ten minutes to take it apart and thirty minutes to put it back together and they wanted $200 hun to do it, yup, when it comes to costing that much for less than an hours work, I'll do it myself, beside how lazy can one guy be.......................lol.

Sometimes it feels good to fix stuff, like you did something worth while and saved some cash.

Sounds a lot like me, but just the opposite.

If its something simple that I can do, I'll normally hire someone to do it.
When its complicated and over my head, I'll do it myself. LOL

314joey
12-16-2013, 04:26 PM

As long as we don't read the directions.........lol

28eliminator
12-16-2013, 05:13 PM

LOL.. Right there with ya :tongue:

McRib
12-16-2013, 05:44 PM

I thought that was herpes.

314joey
12-16-2013, 06:59 PM
I thought that was herpes.

This is "no STD zone"........yuke.