PDA

View Full Version : outtings with your significant other.

McRib
12-14-2013, 03:56 PM
When your walking around a public place do you hold hands? At a restaurant do you sit in a booth across from each other or next to each other? In a car with a bench seat do you sit shoulder to shoulder or in your proper seats?For many these lil gestures usually go by the wayside as you season in years together. There is a small percentage who have kept it up and those are usually folks older then my parents and a decent amount of folks my parents age.
I had the pleasure of witnessing an old couple today (prob 80's) act like they were just barely falling in love. It was a lil funny to watch actually but in the best way. I introduced myself and asked a few questions to find out they have been together 68 years and have outlived their own children. I was floored. Both sharp as a tack and from what I could tell still in love since the first day they met.
*I asked them their secret and they just smiled at each other and changed the subject. They were feeding each other and laughing and they were sitting side by side in their booth.*I got me thinkin.......... am I doin it all wrong??

What say you? We all love our significant others but are we still in love like the couple I mentioned above? This question is geared more towards the seasoned vets of 10 or more years but all can participate.

Paul65K
12-14-2013, 04:02 PM
I am very fortunate to have married a wonderful, sexy, friendly and caring woman 30 years ago this month!!

We still sit next to each other in restaurants and hold hands in public............I am the luckiest person in the world to have been able to spend most of my life with my best friend :cheekkiss:

McRib
12-14-2013, 04:03 PM
I am very fortunate to have married a wonderful, sexy, friendly and caring woman 30 years ago this month!!

We still sit next to each other in restaurants and hold hands in public............I am the luckiest person in the world to have been able to spend most of my life with my best friend :cheekkiss:

But will she ride in the shiada wide open?? :P

HB Vic
12-14-2013, 04:05 PM
There are two schools of thought imo.

1. Public displays of affection will not be tolerated.
2. Public displays of affection are mandatory.

Take your pick. :D

Paul65K
12-14-2013, 04:06 PM
But will she ride in the shiada wide open?? :P
That is a big NO FUCKIN' WAY:shhh:

ChumpChange
12-14-2013, 04:07 PM
We'll still hold hands when we go out alone, otherwise we generally use them to hold a kid or push a stroller. :D

Napanutt
12-14-2013, 04:10 PM
I've known my wife 30 years now, married 26. She is definitely my best friend. We have a lot of similar feelings/interests about things but also enough differences to not clash or whatever if that makes sense.
We don't hold hands when walking (no particular reason) and always sit facing each other.
It's really nice to be able to talk around her like most guys talk to their buddies. There is nothing I can say around her that would offend her, as long as it's not directed at her. ;)

mrs.daytona
12-14-2013, 06:18 PM
I've been with Grads for 20 years. I don't hold his hand, I drink ;)

nowski
12-14-2013, 06:25 PM
I've been with Grads for 20 years. I don't hold his hand, I drink ;)I've been married for 23 years I quit drinking and now I hold her hand...

Always remember a little spontaneity will keep that fire burning... Spontaneity = Spontaneous Combustion

SBS933
12-14-2013, 06:25 PM
I have known my girlfriend for over 15 yrs. I've been with her almost 5 yrs. and we hold hands when we go out.

Wendi
12-14-2013, 06:31 PM
I've been with WMC for 26 years. We sit across from each other but sometimes next to each other. Sometimes we hold hands it just depends on the situation I guess!

We always make out in public. It turns me on. :biggrin::biggrin:

I like the story McRib very sweet.

Napanutt
12-14-2013, 06:35 PM
I've been with Grads for 20 years. I don't hold his hand, I drink ;)

What does he hold? :yikes:

Eli
12-14-2013, 06:58 PM
When I'm on a date...if that ever happens again...I like to sit next to the guy, hold hands and some PDA is nice. Just not the "get a room" kind. I'm very affectionate but tonsil hockey in public isn't my thing.

Sent from my Bat Cave!!!

Tishimself
12-14-2013, 07:02 PM
I remember the fist time we ever went out.....we went to San Francisco, and we had a really great day together....I mean...we really enjoyed being around each other...but I knew, I knew, that as she was walking ahead of me a bit, she started to dance a little, just because she was happy...and remember thinking don't ever change...I also knew I was going to marry her...she still dances when she gets happy...and I love it when she does... ;)

Milkmoney
12-15-2013, 08:31 AM
We always sit next to each other when at lunch or dinner. We hold hands driving down the road and walking around shopping. Kiss in public when feel like it.

One thing I do is tell her how pretty she is everyday. We sleep always touching. :).

I hope and never see it changing. Although I don't have 10 or more years in yet.

ChumpChange
12-15-2013, 08:42 AM
We've never sat next to each other at a restaurant when alone. Why don't you guys like looking at your lady?

314joey
12-15-2013, 08:51 AM
I do whatever Terri tells me to..............:happy:

Paul65K
12-15-2013, 09:00 AM
Woosie :D

The Doctor
12-15-2013, 06:47 PM
We've only been married for 44 years but I still open her car door, I love to put my arm around her often, I tell her I love her many times a day, we hold hands a lot - in public and private and yes, she can drive her own Schiada RC wide open. :D

2manymustangs
12-15-2013, 06:53 PM
We've only been married for 44 years but I still open her car door, I love to put my arm around her often, I tell her I love her many times a day, we hold hands a lot - in public and private and yes, she can drive her own Schiada RC wide open. :D

:action-smiley-035:

mrs.daytona
12-15-2013, 07:00 PM

Happy wife, happy life ;)

Eli
12-15-2013, 07:04 PM
Happy wife, happy life ;)

Happy Ex-Wife=not so happy life :D

Sent from my Bat Cave!!!

mrs.daytona
12-15-2013, 07:30 PM
Happy Ex-Wife=not so happy life :D

Sent from my Bat Cave!!!

lol..well glad I don't have one of those :)

Joker
12-15-2013, 07:41 PM
We've been married 22 years and I actually hit her with a text yesterday asking her out on a date and what time I would pick her up. I couldn't tell you the last time I did that, but it was fun.

Wendi
12-15-2013, 09:41 PM
We held hands walking into Costco today!

mrs.daytona
12-15-2013, 09:49 PM
We held hands walking into Costco today!

Costco on Sunday? I'd be holding on to your hand for dear life!! ;)

Wendi
12-15-2013, 09:56 PM
Costco on Sunday? I'd be holding on to your hand for dear life!! ;)

I had to pick up pictures is all thank goodness!!

Tishimself
12-15-2013, 10:07 PM
I learned this lesson a long time ago. As it pertains to women and marriage......which would you rather be? Right? Or happy? I'm happy. 'Nuff said.

314joey
12-16-2013, 06:01 AM
Woosie :D

yes and I'm man enough to admit it..........I did whatever I wanted for the first twenty years, I'm guessing she should get some goodies the next twenty.............lol

:partyguy:

Paul65K
12-16-2013, 06:29 AM
yes and I'm man enough to admit it..........I did whatever I wanted for the first twenty years, I'm guessing she should get some goodies the next twenty.............lol

:partyguy:..:thumb:

thatguy
12-16-2013, 06:57 AM
I learned this lesson a long time ago. As it pertains to women and marriage......which would you rather be? Right? Or happy? I'm happy. 'Nuff said.

I'd rather be both...but that ain't happening!!

Frankly, I don't think there is a woman on the planet other than Debbie deranged enough to not only find me attractive, but to dedicate their life to being with me.

No way in hell I'll screw this up!!!!

We hold hand and basically do everything together always.

Being gone half the time definitely changes the dynamic, when you miss each other so much the rest just falls into place I guess.

Eli
12-16-2013, 01:07 PM
I'd rather be both...but that ain't happening!!

Frankly, I don't think there is a woman on the planet other than Debbie deranged enough to not only find me attractive, but to dedicate their life to being with me.

No way in hell I'll screw this up!!!!

We hold hand and basically do everything together always.

Being gone half the time definitely changes the dynamic, when you miss each other so much the rest just falls into place I guess.

That's too sweet!!!

Ziggy
12-16-2013, 01:47 PM
I'm basically like when we first started dating, I'm pretty touchy feely sort of spouse. Hold hands, hand in the small of her back, an occasional handful of ass, soft touches to the hair, hugs, kisses.....and always make sure I tell her I love her minimum twice a day.

From my POS T-mobile thingie

Tishimself
12-16-2013, 01:50 PM

Eli
12-16-2013, 06:24 PM
BTW: when the 6 of us go out, we try not to acknowledge each other at all. People stair at us! :(

Paul65K
12-16-2013, 07:07 PM
I figure this is us in 20 years or so...LOL.... ;)

Picture deleted for the sake of my indigestion :eek:
That is just wrong in so many ways :puke:

Ziggy
12-16-2013, 07:16 PM
I figure this is us in 20 years or so...LOL.... ;)

They met earlier in the day, Hedonism for Seniors.......the place for widows/ers:p

From my POS T-mobile thingie

Tishimself
12-16-2013, 07:21 PM
Took it down....don't want to offend anyone....sorry Paul... :(

Paul65K
12-16-2013, 08:33 PM
Took it down....don't want to offend anyone....sorry Paul... :(
Dude....I was only being.................ME, you didn't need to take it down :D

Tishimself
12-16-2013, 08:38 PM
Dude....I was only being.................ME, you didn't need to take it down :D

Well, it was the catalyst I needed to take it down, as I was afraid WMC might not approve....even though it was nudity, I was not sure if it was acceptable....so your remark solved my problem...

Paul65K
12-16-2013, 08:39 PM
Well, it was the catalyst I needed to take it down, as I was afraid WMC might not approve....even though it was nudity, I was not sure if it was acceptable....so your remark solved my problem...
It ain't nudity if they are wearing clothes........and that was a "Wrinkle Suit" if I ever seen one :D