PDA

View Full Version : Ladies I need help.

12-14-2013, 11:10 AM
I want to get a nice purse for my wife and I can’t remember the name. It’s not Gucci but some other overpriced designer. She always points them out whenever we stay at the Del in SD, seems like every other woman has one out there….lol

I remember it being a dark color with little logos on it everywhere. Can anyone throw out some names?

I’m sure I’ll remember once I hear it.

Joker
12-14-2013, 11:14 AM
Louis voitton. Not a lady here but I think that's it

Jefftowz
12-14-2013, 11:16 AM
Coach?

12-14-2013, 11:17 AM

Bingo. I guess I should have said men.

Thank you sir. :thumbup:

12-14-2013, 11:21 AM
Coach?

She has a few of them from previous years. I'd like to move her up on the scale this year. :)

Tishimself
12-14-2013, 11:25 AM
Bingo. I guess I should have said men.

Thank you sir. :thumbup:

I was gonna say that also....you just cant go wrong with them. Chrissie has three of them....one I got her for Xmas, two I got her after I pissed her off....:P

Napanutt
12-14-2013, 11:25 AM
Thanks! I now know what to get my wife for Christmas. :D

12-14-2013, 11:30 AM
two I got her after I pissed her off....:P

Smart man....:biggrin:

Tishimself
12-14-2013, 11:30 AM
After you do that, go to this site, and get her one of these. You can also find them at Saks if there is one nearby your home...they make a nice little stocking stuffer, and in this instance, you really do not buy this for her, you buy it for you...I recommend either Chinatown, or Nuits de Noho.....

http://www.bondno9.com/shop/eau-de-parfum

Eli
12-14-2013, 11:31 AM

Coach?

I was gonna say that also....you just cant go wrong with them. Chrissie has three of them....one I got her for Xmas, two I got her after I pissed her off....:P

Your man card has been revoked.

Sent from my Bat Cave!!!

Joker
12-14-2013, 11:33 AM

Sent from my Bat Cave!!!

I only know this since the wife had one in the closet, then she said it was getting lonely so I had to buy her another one?

12-14-2013, 11:33 AM
Damn these things are pricey…. :yikes:

Anyone know where to get the best deals on line or in store AZ area?

Tishimself
12-14-2013, 11:34 AM

Sent from my Bat Cave!!!

mine?? why??

Joker
12-14-2013, 11:35 AM

How about finding a nice one on eBay. Women buy these things and they sit for years once the hype wears off.

Eli
12-14-2013, 11:36 AM
I only know this since the wife had one in the closet, then she said it was getting lonely so I had to buy her another one?

Sorry not good enough excuse :D

mine?? why??

You shouldn't know anything about purses. EVER, for any reason ;)

Sent from my Bat Cave!!!

Eli
12-14-2013, 11:38 AM

If your wife doesn't mind buy her a used one. I would mind a used one.

But, if someone bought me a LV I'd return it and put the money in the boat fund lol.

Sent from my Bat Cave!!!

Tishimself
12-14-2013, 11:42 AM
Sorry not good enough excuse :D

You shouldn't know anything about purses. EVER, for any reason ;)

Sent from my Bat Cave!!!

That's true, to a point. But Chrissie worked for Clinique and ran the Pleasanton counter for over 10 years before I met her. She is into fashion and is still very good with cosmetics, even lending her hand at doing makeup for a friends daughter's wedding this past summer. So she has taught me about that kind of stuff, and I would rather buy her something I know she will like rather than something I think she will like....I can tell you all about cosmetics, purses, all that stuff...she and her friends who are still in the business talk about it all the time over here....and the samples....oh wow..we get some awesome samples...LOL....

12-14-2013, 11:43 AM
How about finding a nice one on eBay. Women buy these things and they sit for years once the hype wears off.

I'm checking the bay now. Some new and used there but I want to go new for sure, just want to find the best deal as always.

And to think I've had the same 30.00 Dockers wallet for over 5 years. :biggrin:

Eli
12-14-2013, 11:45 AM
That's true, to a point. But Chrissie worked for Clinique and ran the Pleasanton counter for over 10 years before I met her. She is into fashion and is still very good with cosmetics, even lending her hand at doing makeup for a friends daughter's wedding this past summer. So she has taught me about that kind of stuff, and I would rather buy her something I know she will like rather than something I think she will like....I can tell you all about cosmetics, purses, all that stuff...she and her friends who are still in the business talk about it all the time over here....and the samples....oh wow..we get some awesome samples...LOL....

I see where you may think your argument has some legitimate points. But, it's fatally flawed. Any man card appeal should not start with "Chrissie". ;)

Sent from my Bat Cave!!!

12-14-2013, 11:48 AM
If your wife doesn't mind buy her a used one. I would mind a used one.

You would mind a used one?

But, if someone bought me a LV I'd return it and put the money in the boat fund lol.

My wife will probably return it for a more expensive one … :biggrin:

Tishimself
12-14-2013, 11:50 AM
I'm checking the bay now. Some new and used there but I want to go new for sure, just want to find the best deal as always.

And to think I've had the same 30.00 Dockers wallet for over 5 years. :biggrin:

Stay off ebay. Lot of those are fakes. Fake Louis' are a big business on ebay. How do I know? A friend bought one and brought it over to compare to the real thing. One look, that was it. Filed a complaint and got the money back. Look, no idea where you live, but I am sure you can find one. I know of two LV stores, one in downtown San Francisco, the other in Carmel...for Norcal...for SoCal, there is one in Fashion Island...

Tishimself
12-14-2013, 11:54 AM
I see where you may think your argument has some legitimate points. But, it's fatally flawed. Any man card appeal should not start with "Chrissie". ;)

Sent from my Bat Cave!!!

My membership in the man club got upgraded to VIP because of Chrissie..there are only a few things that you can do in the manclub that get you upgraded to VIP, one of them of them is to marry way above your paygrade, which I did. In some respects, marrying her has gotten me into legendary status....:P

Eli
12-14-2013, 11:54 AM
You would mind a used one?

My wife will probably return it for a more expensive one … :biggrin:

Yea. I would prefer a new one. But, I don't love purses. I guess if we compared it to something I love like a car, boat, trailer I can see the logic in buying a used one. And If the one I want is a better deal used I'd go used.

Sent from my Bat Cave!!!

12-14-2013, 11:57 AM
Stay off ebay. Lot of those are fakes. Fake Louis' are a big business on ebay. How do I know? A friend bought one and brought it over to compare to the real thing. One look, that was it. Filed a complaint and got the money back. Look, no idea where you live, but I am sure you can find one. I know of two LV stores, one in downtown San Francisco, the other in Carmel...for Norcal...for SoCal, there is one in Fashion Island...

I'm in Phoenix. I'm sure there are a few stores in my area but I prefer to buy on line, just easier.

Thx for the replies all. :thumbup:

Eli
12-14-2013, 11:58 AM
My membership in the man club got upgraded to VIP because of Chrissie..there are only a few things that you can do in the manclub that get you upgraded to VIP, one of them of them is to marry way above your paygrade, which I did. In some respects, marrying her has gotten me into legendary status....:P

I must have not been clear.

My point was when you're making an argument about your man card, telling me what a woman does isn't the best argument ;)

Sent from my Bat Cave!!!

Tishimself
12-14-2013, 11:58 AM
Yea. I would prefer a new one. But, I don't love purses. I guess if we compared it to something I love like a car, boat, trailer I can see the logic in buying a used one. And If the one I want is a better deal used I'd go used.

Sent from my Bat Cave!!!

I hear what you are saying...but you don't give your wife a used purse. Maybe your ex wife or something. But not your wife. They call that....bad form..... :/

Napanutt
12-14-2013, 11:59 AM
After you do that, go to this site, and get her one of these. You can also find them at Saks if there is one nearby your home...they make a nice little stocking stuffer, and in this instance, you really do not buy this for her, you buy it for you...I recommend either Chinatown, or Nuits de Noho.....

http://www.bondno9.com/shop/eau-de-parfum

I get my wife perfume at the least every year. I like to smell before I buy. I'll usually go to Macy's and smell a few until I find something I like and haven't gotten her before. She knows but likes to be surprised by what scent I've chose.

Napanutt
12-14-2013, 12:01 PM

A couple hundred bucks for the bragging rights she might get...priceless. :D

Tishimself
12-14-2013, 12:01 PM
I must have not been clear.

My point was when you're making an argument about your man card, telling me what a woman does isn't the best argument ;)

Sent from my Bat Cave!!!

I disagree. Without her, I would have not had the knowledge. So therefore she is germane and central to the argument. No Chrissie, no knowledge. And without that, I would not have chimed in about my knowledge of LV's.

And as a result, mancards can be upgraded for those men who take an active interest in their wives and their wives likes and interests....mine was. You see, the best part of being a man is finding and marrying a woman as spectacular as she is....as the guys on here can attest to...they have all done it as well...:)

Wendi
12-14-2013, 12:04 PM
Pick me, Pick me!!! I'm late to the game but I was going to say Coach, Michael Kors or Louis Vitton!!! Your wife is very lucky this Christmas!

12-14-2013, 12:06 PM

Sent from my Bat Cave!!!

I don't blame you. I wouldn't want to give my wife a used purse as a Christmas gift.

I don't think she would bitch about it but I think it's little tacky.

Wendi
12-14-2013, 12:06 PM
I'm in Phoenix. I'm sure there are a few stores in my area but I prefer to buy on line, just easier.

Thx for the replies all. :thumbup: Amazon has good deals!

JBS
12-14-2013, 12:07 PM
Mark be careful buying online

These things are not legitimately discounted. There are a ton of copies

Yes I have bought several The full size ones are going to start around 1200. They go up fast from there.

Go to Sacs in the Biltmore or to the store in Fashion square.

Good luck

Cartier will be next year :D

Sent from my iPhone

Eli
12-14-2013, 12:07 PM
I don't blame you. I wouldn't want to give my wife a used purse as a Christmas gift.

I don't think she would bitch about it but I think it's little tacky.

I agree ;)

Sent from my Bat Cave!!!

12-14-2013, 12:08 PM
Amazon has good deals!

Thank you. I love Amazon. :thumbup:

Tishimself
12-14-2013, 12:10 PM
If LV is a bit much, I suggest this line also. Chrissie loves these guys, I have bought her a couple items from here, in fact I am getting her something from off here this Christmas also...they make very nice purses...take a look....

http://www.brahmin.com/

12-14-2013, 12:10 PM

Yes I have bought several The full size ones are going to start around 1200. They go up fast from there.

Good luck

Sent from my iPhone

Thanks Jeff.

Joker
12-14-2013, 12:43 PM

Good luck

Sent from my iPhone

Yup, same thing happened to me, 2 purses then the love bracelet from Cartier( although I bought it off eBay ) in mint condition for 1/3 of a new one.

GRADS
12-14-2013, 12:48 PM
And people call me gay??? 4 pages of dudes talking about purses on a Saturday.....:gayfight2:

Tishimself
12-14-2013, 02:05 PM
And people call me gay??? 4 pages of dudes talking about purses on a Saturday.....:gayfight2:

People think your gay?? Seriously?? I cant think why....oh wait...

;)

Eli
12-14-2013, 02:17 PM
I'm the second most masculine person in this thread! :D

Sent from my Bat Cave!!!

Napanutt
12-14-2013, 04:26 PM
People think your gay?? Seriously?? I cant think why....oh wait...

;)

:LMAOsmiley::LMAOsmiley::LMAOsmiley:

Do you people have folders on computer of Grads pics? They sure seem to surface fairly regularly.

Napanutt
12-14-2013, 04:27 PM
I'm the second most masculine person in this thread! :D

Sent from my Bat Cave!!!

Who's first? :speechless-smiley-0

Eli
12-14-2013, 04:30 PM
Who's first? :speechless-smiley-0

The OP of course ;)

Sent from my Bat Cave!!!

Napanutt
12-14-2013, 04:31 PM
The OP of course ;)

Sent from my Bat Cave!!!

Of course. Silly me.

rvrmom
12-14-2013, 04:43 PM
Ok.. I stopped reading at the thought of buying a used LV. You can thank me in the morning for still having a penis. LOL

No... No and No fucking way. LOL

Tishimself
12-14-2013, 04:49 PM
Ok.. I stopped reading at the thought of buying a used LV. You can thank me in the morning for still having a penis. LOL

No... No and No fucking way. LOL

Giving a used LV to your wife for Christmas....I want video of that from Christmas morning..see how it works out for ya...LOL....

Tishimself
12-14-2013, 06:40 PM
:LMAOsmiley::LMAOsmiley::LMAOsmiley:

Do you people have folders on computer of Grads pics? They sure seem to surface fairly regularly.

And I'm starting to..though I didn't set out to..the GRADS folder seems to be growing....:schreck:

Milkmoney
12-15-2013, 08:35 AM

Well that happened from the start cause joker responded. :) I am a dooney and Burke fan. ;)

ChumpChange
12-15-2013, 08:38 AM
Well that happened from the start cause joker responded. :) I am a dooney and Burke fan. ;)

I always thought it was Doobie & Burke. :D

RogerThat99
12-15-2013, 07:16 PM
270 I don't know anything about purses, but your lovely wife will look great with whatever type / brand you get her. You guys are a blast to hang out with.

Sent using Tapatalk.