PDA

View Full Version : Hotboat.com or Facebook

bb88
12-13-2013, 08:00 PM
What's the difference?

ChumpChange
12-13-2013, 08:10 PM
I don't have FB. That's a big difference for me.

WMC
12-13-2013, 08:14 PM
FB is one of the roads to WWW.Hotboat.com

sent from WMC's phone

Eli
12-13-2013, 08:21 PM
Hotboat is way more entertaining. It also doesn't have random stuff all over the place. On Hotboat you can get involved in a thread you're interested. You can quote people. It makes the interaction more conversational vs. Just talking to the OP.

Sent from my Bat Cave!!!

mrs.daytona
12-13-2013, 08:37 PM
Funny, I was just thinking that I've noticed I'm going to HotBoat before I check Facebook now. I guess everyone over here is more entertaining :)

WMC
12-13-2013, 08:39 PM
Funny, I was just thinking that I've noticed I'm going to HotBoat before I check Facebook now. I guess everyone over here is more entertaining :)

:thumbup::D and were good looking too

sent from WMC's phone

28eliminator
12-13-2013, 08:40 PM
HB is for socializing with people with a common interest..

FB is for causing drama with family and friends.

Both are entertaining in their own ways :D
Sent from somewhere on the water

Joker
12-13-2013, 08:45 PM
I only go to FB to check our daughters posts like this:

Officially done with my first semester of college! I am so glad that I decided to attend ASU. I have met some amazing people and created memories that I will always remember. I couldn't be happier.
30 Likes

mrs.daytona
12-13-2013, 09:09 PM
:thumbup::D and were good looking too

sent from WMC's phone

Damn right! :biggrin:

bb88
12-13-2013, 09:10 PM
I'm liking the responses. Keep them coming. This was a debate I had earlier and I appreciate the ammo

mrs.daytona
12-13-2013, 09:10 PM

Officially done with my first semester of college! I am so glad that I decided to attend ASU. I have met some amazing people and created memories that I will always remember. I couldn't be happier.
30 Likes

:thumbsUp: Now that's cool Dad...Money well spent.

SBS933
12-13-2013, 09:18 PM
I've thought the same thing, but the river and boating is the link here.

GRADS
12-13-2013, 09:21 PM
I tend to dial it back a bit on Facebook. ;) Don't really need Mom to see me sucking a dildo in a thong. :yikes:

ChumpChange
12-13-2013, 09:22 PM
HB is a place where people can't find me by name. Now many people here know who I am but you won't find me here by googling me. There is anonimity to the rest of the Internet here.

SBS933
12-13-2013, 09:35 PM
What's the difference? And yet you still post HHHHHMMMMMMMM

bb88
12-13-2013, 09:41 PM
And yet you still post HHHHHMMMMMMMM

And you answered hmmmmmmmm

Wendi
12-13-2013, 09:41 PM

30 Likes

That is awesome!!! My Taylor wants to attend ASU... 4.5 years and saving.

Wendi
12-13-2013, 09:42 PM
I have found I spend more time here than FB. Although I do run the www.Hotboat.com (http://www.Hotboat.com) facebook page. I do that to drive people over here. When I post links it brings on the traffic. It is a good tool to get more members here. Facebook was much better a year ago when there wasn't so many advertisements and crap!

bb88
12-13-2013, 09:44 PM
And yet you still post HHHHHMMMMMMMM

Oh yeah, what's your point?

SBS933
12-13-2013, 09:45 PM
And you answered hmmmmmmmm :hilarious:

Napanutt
12-13-2013, 09:45 PM
Don't really need Mom to see me sucking a dildo in a thong. :yikes:

So sig material there.

bb88
12-13-2013, 09:46 PM
I have found I spend more time here than FB. Although I do run the www.Hotboat.com (http://www.Hotboat.com) facebook page. I do that to drive people over here. When I post links it brings on the traffic. It is a good tool to get more members here. Facebook was much better a year ago when there wasn't so many advertisements and crap!

I agree completely about Facebook. Business wise, it's a necessary evil.

SBS933
12-13-2013, 09:46 PM
Oh yeah, what's your point? Bite Me

ChumpChange
12-13-2013, 09:50 PM
Bite Me

What are we missing here?

bb88
12-13-2013, 09:50 PM
Bite Me
So your point was to tempt me to bite you. Noted...

bb88
12-13-2013, 09:51 PM
What are we missing here?

Great question

SBS933
12-13-2013, 09:52 PM
Seems like GRADS is back

bb88
12-13-2013, 09:58 PM
Seems like GRADS is back

Did I screw your girlfriend or something?

ChumpChange
12-13-2013, 09:59 PM
Seems like GRADS is back

Well we know who bb is and he is not Grads. I'm thinking you took the original question the wrong way.

SBS933
12-13-2013, 09:59 PM
Did I screw your girlfriend or something? No, but you sound angry

Wendi
12-13-2013, 10:05 PM
Oh boy step away from the computer! Go have a beer and enjoy your Friday night....

bb88
12-13-2013, 10:10 PM
No, but you sound angry

Please read your posts. I'm not the angry one. I think you should read what Mateo wrote. Back to the original reason I posted. I was having a discussion and I was saying that sites like this are far better than Facebook. Even though I am not a great contributor here, I certainly am entertained. If I have to say happy birthday to another person I decided to add because I knew their dog in kindergarten, I'm going to flip out

Wendi
12-13-2013, 10:14 PM
If I have to say happy birthday to another person I decided to add because I knew their dog in kindergarten, I'm going to flip out
Totally. I quit accepting friend requests from these types of people.

GRADS
12-13-2013, 10:55 PM
I'm confused here.

gn7
12-13-2013, 11:16 PM
Isn't Facebook the place you have to kiss ass so you can collect "Friends" and get them to "LIKE" you.
Fuck that!!

mrs.daytona
12-13-2013, 11:37 PM
I'm confused here.

and this is news? ;)

Tishimself
12-13-2013, 11:41 PM
Well, I have nearly 5000 friends on FB, so my FB page is fairly busy. Over here, this place is like the corner bar, kinda like an online cheers, I don't get that on FB. I go here first, then to FB...I also have 700+ friend requests I have not yet attended to, and about 200 friend suggestions that I don't have time for either....LOL....

Napanutt
12-14-2013, 12:03 AM
and this is news? ;)
Hahahaha.
So sounds like me and the wife on FB.

Zander
12-14-2013, 02:15 AM

So it's your fault that im here? Lol :D

Sent from me Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

nowski
12-14-2013, 06:58 AM
What's the difference? The difference for me is I believe in one (Hot Boat) and not the other. I may actually meet some of the people on this sight that I have someting in common with and even get good boating advice when needed. On this site I don't have to worry about the share holders , FTC or the SEC or what ever commission that isn't that good at regulating or overseeing anything... Hey wake up those Hot Boat Moderators and smell the coffee...

Paul65K
12-14-2013, 07:03 AM
Start working on AZ residency now and save 10's of thousands later.........Just sayin' :rolleyes

nowski
12-14-2013, 07:03 AM
Well, I have nearly 5000 friends on FB, so my FB page is fairly busy. Over here, this place is like the corner bar, kinda like an online cheers, I don't get that on FB. I go here first, then to FB...I also have 700+ friend requests I have not yet attended to, and about 200 friend suggestions that I don't have time for either....LOL.... So what your really trying to tell us is that you know where your real friends (Hot Boat friends)
are.

Eli
12-14-2013, 07:04 AM
Well, I have nearly 5000 friends on FB, so my FB page is fairly busy. Over here, this place is like the corner bar, kinda like an online cheers, I don't get that on FB. I go here first, then to FB...I also have 700+ friend requests I have not yet attended to, and about 200 friend suggestions that I don't have time for either....LOL....

I have 15 Facebook friends and I don't know 5 of them :)

Sent from my Bat Cave!!!

ChumpChange
12-14-2013, 07:14 AM
Start working on AZ residency now and save 10's of thousands later.........Just sayin' :rolleyes

Is that still needed? I thought they opened up the resident/lower tuition between the states of CA, AZ, & OR or something like that. Thought I heard a whisper of something like that but never looked into it. My kids have a ways to go.

Paul65K
12-14-2013, 07:20 AM
Is that still needed? I thought they opened up the resident/lower tuition between the states of CA, AZ, & OR or something like that. Thought I heard a whisper of something like that but never looked into it. My kids have a ways to go.I'm not in the loop on that one....I know a friend of mine's son graduated a couple of years ago and he did pay out of state tuition for all 4 years.....but I think I saw Joker post up the other day that he will start paying in-state tuition this semester.....hey Joker, what's the scoop here??

HB Vic
12-14-2013, 08:48 AM

I tried that. Bought a house, got the license, registered voter. Didn't have the tax returns, application denied LOL

RogerThat99
12-14-2013, 09:11 AM
Isn't Facebook the place you have to kiss ass so you can collect "Friends" and get them to "LIKE" you.
Fuck that!!

I think this is a perfect time to point out my Siggy!! I thought it was hilarious!!

Wendi
12-14-2013, 09:19 AM
I'm not in the loop on that one....I know a friend of mine's son graduated a couple of years ago and he did pay out of state tuition for all 4 years.....but I think I saw Joker post up the other day that he will start paying in-state tuition this semester.....hey Joker, what's the scoop here??

Can't we use our friends address? I don't want to pay higher tuition if I don't have to.

Paul65K
12-14-2013, 09:21 AM
Can't we use our friends address? I don't want to pay higher tuition if I don't have to.

From what Vic posted it sounds like they ask for tax returns to verify residency :yikes:

Wendi
12-14-2013, 09:22 AM
From what Vic posted it sounds like they ask for tax returns to verify residency :yikes:

Vic's crazy!! I don't believe him!!

Paul65K
12-14-2013, 09:24 AM
Yeah..................there is that :rolleyes

HB Vic
12-14-2013, 09:25 AM

. 28252

Tishimself
12-14-2013, 09:45 AM
I have 15 Facebook friends and I don't know 5 of them :)

Sent from my Bat Cave!!!

And there ya go. I don't know maybe 4500 of them. But I really got into politics and political stuff in 2008-2009 forward. And at one time I posted up a lot of political stuff on my site, and hosted a lot of political discussions on my page. To this day I still have a lot of political types on my page. Even though I have gotten away from it and turned my page back into more of a personal one, I still get a lot of requests from people because the word went out on may page a while back....it may heat back up as the midterms get closer...at one time I had nearly 6000 friends, and seriously considered a fan page...LOL....my feed page is still pretty intense....but for now, I like it over here.... ;)

JBS
12-14-2013, 10:00 AM

But at least you won't have room and board expenses :)

Sent from my iPhone

Unforgiven
12-14-2013, 10:07 AM
Totally. I quit accepting friend requests from these types of people.

YOU actually Get friend requests?

Wendi
12-14-2013, 10:19 AM
But at least you won't have room and board expenses :)

Sent from my iPhone Well you missed my other comment I'm using your address LOL!!! Good luck today thinking of you guys.

Wendi
12-14-2013, 10:20 AM
YOU actually Get friend requests?
Sure do!!!:t_lowblow:

GRADS
12-14-2013, 10:45 AM
Sure do!!!:t_lowblow:

Just tell them what you told me....

Oh boy he's backkkkk!!! PS. Please don't hit me up on Facebook, thanks.:smile:

Napanutt
12-14-2013, 11:00 AM
I've got like 120-130 friends on my FB. Basically family and close friends. I don't post much on FB but I do like to comment on things and sorta keep up on what some people are up to.
I sure don't want a ton of shit on my wall thing everyday from people I couldn't give a rats ass about.

HB Vic
12-14-2013, 04:02 PM
I'm still on the fence with the FB and IG deal. Both are very different in how they're used. And both can be a lot of work to keep up. I've spent less and less time posting on IG. It seems most people who use IG frequently do not post here on HB. If I'm going to spend a lot of time keeping something current, it will be HB. So if IG falls behind I don't worry too much about it.

I would be very interested to see how many frequent IG and FB users actually spend time and post here on HB. My guess is not many.

But I could be wrong :D

bb88
12-14-2013, 04:31 PM
I'm still on the fence with the FB and IG deal. Both are very different in how they're used. And both can be a lot of work to keep up. I've spent less and less time posting on IG. It seems most people who use IG frequently do not post here on HB. If I'm going to spend a lot of time keeping something current, it will be HB. So if IG falls behind I don't worry too much about it.

I would be very interested to see how many frequent IG and FB users actually spend time and post here on HB. My guess is not many.

Interesting that you say this. That was my whole discussion last night at a dinner party. Common interests go a long way in my book and although most of my Facebook friends are family and "family", I feel more content reading and enjoying this site and others that have members that share what I enjoy.

Tishimself
12-14-2013, 04:39 PM

I do FB, not IG...I (assume) that by IG you are referring to Instagram, so that is the site I am referring to...in any case...it does not hurt you a bit to have a page on FB for the site. And as for getting the word out, everytime I share something from the HB page the way I used to with someone from another site, that is 5000+ free exposures to the site you didn't have to pay for....multiply that by others on here..and word on you gets around....I like the idea of HB having an FB presence, even if a small one at first....<B>

HB Vic
12-14-2013, 04:49 PM
I do FB, not IG...I (assume) that by IG you are referring to Instagram, so that is the site I am referring to...in any case...it does not hurt you a bit to have a page on FB for the site. And as for getting the word out, everytime I share something from the HB page the way I used to with someone from another site, that is 5000+ free exposures to the site you didn't have to pay for....multiply that by others on here..and word on you gets around....I like the idea of HB having an FB presence, even if a small one at first....<B>

Totally agree we need a presence.