PDA

View Full Version : WiFi Cameras

Stainless
12-12-2013, 06:47 PM
Who's using them and advise for possible purchase? I see it's a feature many cameras have now. Assume you can upload to the net if your on someone's WiFi?

CH3NO2

Wendi
12-12-2013, 07:12 PM
We opted to not purchase the wifi SLR camera. If I had a point and shoot I would probably opt for wifi.

Stainless
12-12-2013, 07:20 PM
I should have clarified I'm considering point and shoot, possibly with interchangeable lens.

CH3NO2

Wendi
12-12-2013, 07:25 PM
I should have clarified I'm considering point and shoot, possibly with interchangeable lens.

CH3NO2

I like to take pictures with my iPhone and upload so if I were to get a point and shoot it would be a wifi one like the one Ashtyn kitcher does commercials for. Hope this helps

Stainless
12-12-2013, 07:49 PM
I like to take pictures with my iPhone and upload so if I were to get a point and shoot it would be a wifi one like the one Ashtyn kitcher does commercials for. Hope this helps

Me too, just sometimes I want a little more than my iPhone. I don't want to rent a mule to carry one like Vic or Nick/Liahna have though. :D

CH3NO2

GRADS
12-12-2013, 08:56 PM
I think 2ForceFull is using them in his house.....he just doesn't know it. ;)

Napanutt
12-12-2013, 09:05 PM
I think 2ForceFull is using them in his house.....he just doesn't know it. ;)

Nice avatar.
Does anyone really know what 2FF knows? ;)

2manymustangs
12-12-2013, 09:19 PM
Me too, just sometimes I want a little more than my iPhone. I don't want to rent a mule to carry one like Vic or Nick/Liahna have though. :D

CH3NO2

Two comments, I know you’re not considering or talking about a GOPRO for what you are doing but you can set up a LAN from Iphone to the newer GOPROs as I understand it and use the IPHONE as a remote control/monitor... (thats just a FYI)

Secondly, My son has the new Cannon 6D which has WIFI compatibility HOWEVER I find out after the fact that the WIFI control features doesn't include video control, only for still shot functions, AS I understand it... Video is one of his primary uses of the camera... :(

My point in mentioning this is that you may wish to have a detailed and in depth conversation with a skilled sales person and fully understand the extent of the WIFI controls on the camera you are considering... We were a bit disappointed with the Cannon advertising relative to the WIFI functionality...

Stainless
12-13-2013, 05:55 AM
Two comments, I know you’re not considering or talking about a GOPRO for what you are doing but you can set up a LAN from Iphone to the newer GOPROs as I understand it and use the IPHONE as a remote control/monitor... (thats just a FYI)

Secondly, My son has the new Cannon 6D which has WIFI compatibility HOWEVER I find out after the fact that the WIFI control features doesn't include video control, only for still shot functions, AS I understand it... Video is one of his primary uses of the camera... :(

My point in mentioning this is that you may wish to have a detailed and in depth conversation with a skilled sales person and fully understand the extent of the WIFI controls on the camera you are considering... We were a bit disappointed with the Cannon advertising relative to the WIFI functionality...

Thanks!
I have iPhone paired to GoPro 2, haven't used it enough say whether I would like the actual remote better.

Your second point really explains something I wouldn't have known. The packages all say wifi ready, I'll definitely ask more about this. ;)

CH3NO2