PDA

View Full Version : National Anthem

WESTERNAERO
12-10-2013, 12:55 PM
I've never been a fan of modifying or making the National Anthem have some sort of trendy sound to it, but these guys rocked it. Check it out, I know you'll like it. And the singer is a Navy vet.
http://www.starspangledbannerchallenge.com/

Wendi
12-10-2013, 01:04 PM
I like it!

Eli
12-10-2013, 01:04 PM
That was pretty badass!

I'm not sure if it's because I was born in a country with a fucked up government (not US), but every time I hear the Star Spangled Banner I get goose bumps. I love the words, the conviction and mostly what it stands for.

ptc
12-10-2013, 01:26 PM
What it stands for...... exactly!

It has to be remembered that the man who wrote the words (to this 'song' as most people see it today for a sporting event) but thats not what it is....

The man that wrote it LIVED it and SAW exactly what he wrote down, from the battles that provided for the freedoms this country has today. Too bad it is all being lost in the shuffles of everyday life and being just another marketing ploy for another 'tuber' group.

The history of this country and the deaths of all the men and women that have sacrificed their lives for our freedoms are what make up this flag and the words to this Anthem - it should be respected for exactly that.

gn7
12-10-2013, 01:30 PM
Francis Scott Key would love it! That was bad ass. Thanks for sharing.

FormulaZR
12-10-2013, 03:35 PM
I'm with you. I typically hate it when singers add "flair" to the anthem. I did like this version, though.