PDA

View Full Version : The Weather Outside Is Frightful

Eli
12-09-2013, 08:37 AM
I know the people on Hotboat.com are very generous and I know you give as much as you can as often as you can, but I have a big request.

If you have any jackets, sweatshirts, blankets or anything else that is warm, that you no longer use (if you've been trying to "lose weight" for the last 3 years to fit back into your high school clothes, it's time you gave those clothes away :tongue:) please donate it to your local homeless shelter. People who depend on these shelters for food, clothing and a warm place to sleep are good people who are down on their luck.

Thank you so much for your continued generosity!

Happy Holidays and may you all always have a warm place to sleep!

Wendi
12-09-2013, 08:48 AM
I always donate our clothes!! Great reminder thanks!

Paul65K
12-09-2013, 09:27 AM
I agree completely.......any of you in South Orange County please consider iHope which serves the homeless and working poor south of the "Y". I have been on the board of this organization for many years and I came to understand that the "Real" homeless are NOT the ones you see on the corners begging for money but are in many cases people that have simply fallen on hard times and want nothing more than to get back on their feet......at least the ones we help at iHope fall into that category.

Thanks for starting this thread Eli :3:

www.ihopeoc.org (http://www.ihopeoc.org)

Eli
12-09-2013, 09:52 AM
I agree completely.......any of you in South Orange County please consider iHope which serves the homeless and working poor south of the "Y". I have been on the board of this organization for many years and I came to understand that the "Real" homeless are NOT the ones you see on the corners begging for money but are in many cases people that have simply fallen on hard times and want nothing more than to get back on their feet......at least the ones we help at iHope fall into that category.

Thank you Paul. I know most people don't know where to find a shelter. This information helps people save time looking and we now know it's a trusted organization who will give to those in need.

Sent from my Bat Cave!!!

314joey
12-09-2013, 11:52 AM
Before we moved down South last Winter we gave away almost all our heavy clothes and pants to the Salvation Army, I only kept a few pair of pants and one coat, so I hope someone is getting good use out of them...........great request Eli................you're a good person.....................even though you got your face licked on the other night...........lol

Music to my Ears
12-09-2013, 12:45 PM
Just donated clothes last week. Nice thread Eli!:action-smiley-035:

Eli
12-09-2013, 01:03 PM
Before we moved down South last Winter we gave away almost all our heavy clothes and pants to the Salvation Army, I only kept a few pair of pants and one coat, so I hope someone is getting good use out of them...........great request Eli................you're a good person.....................even though you got your face licked on the other night...........lol

Really??? I'm not sure what's worse the "it's too warm to own long sleeves" or the licking comment? Lol

Sent from my Bat Cave!!!

Eli
12-09-2013, 01:04 PM
Just donated clothes last week. Nice thread Eli!:action-smiley-035:

Perfect!!! Just in time!

See I knew you guys already give so much!

Sent from my Bat Cave!!!

314joey
12-09-2013, 01:08 PM
Really??? I'm not sure what's worse the "it's too warm to own long sleeves" or the licking comment? Lol

Sent from my Bat Cave!!!

Just a little caring tease.................sorry, alcohol is a terrible thing, but I love it.

I can't give all my warm clothes away without telling why.

Eli
12-09-2013, 02:57 PM
Just a little caring tease.................sorry, alcohol is a terrible thing, but I love it.

I can't give all my warm clothes away without telling why.

;)

Sent from my Bat Cave!!!

Eli
12-10-2013, 10:00 PM
Bump...just a reminder while people are home :)

Sent from my Bat Cave!!!

HB Vic
12-11-2013, 07:19 AM
Glad I'm not there this week. Brrrrrr28031

Eli
12-11-2013, 07:21 AM
Glad I'm not there this week. Brrrrrr28031

I could never live anywhere that cold.

Sent from my Bat Cave!!!

hbchgirl
12-11-2013, 07:22 AM

That's awesome!