PDA

View Full Version : Food for Thought for Next Years Booze Cruise

78Southwind
12-08-2013, 02:57 PM
I thought we could come up with some ideas for next years booze cruise. So post them up.

USC Alumni Club of OC Beach Cities puts this on every year and I thought it might give us some ideas for next years event. I saw this boat when we were on our cruise last night and it is huge. This company has five boats to choose from http://www.electracruises.com/

10th Annual Newport Harbor Yacht Parade Event

presented by The Legacy Lawyers

Event Details
Event date: December 20, 2013 6:00 PM PT
Event end date: December 20, 2013 10:30 PM PT
3439 Via Oporto
Newport Beach, CA 92663

Description:
The USC Alumni Club of OC Beach Cities (formerly Clubs of Newport + Irvine and Huntington Beach) invites you to spend an incredible evening aboard the 140' long, 4 story Eternity Yacht during the 105th Running of the World Famous Newport Harbor Boat Parade!

Hailed by the New York Times as "one of the top ten holiday happenings in the nation," you and your guests will have the opportunity to partake in this esteemed event while cruising the harbor as holiday decorated houses, multi-million dollar yachts and whole landscapes sail by. Enjoy Trojan Family camaraderie while dining in one of the Eternity’s salons and dancing on the expansive lounge deck. Take in the sights and sounds of the parade on the top deck/lounge while savoring the fresh night air.

Privately Chartered 140', 4 floor luxurious Eternity Yacht (ADA accessible)
All aboard 6:15PM to depart at 6:30PM
Return at 10:15PM to disembark at 10:30PM
Fully catered first class dinner aboard the yacht
Welcome glass of champagne
Three full cash bars
DJ and dancing on the lounge deck
Open air viewing from the top deck
High end silent raffles and auctions
Recommended attire: Cocktail or business casual

Regular Admission
Early Bird Pricing ends Dec 1st and will be $100 afterwards.
@ $100.00

Platinum Sponsorship
* Title Sponsor
@ $4000.00

Gold Sponsorship
Opportunity to place marketing material on Eternity Yacht
Opportunity to showcase brand/product onshore and onboard
1 VIP table seating 8 (Tickets included)

@ $2000.00
Cardinal Sponsorship
Opportunity to place marketing material on Eternity Yacht
Opportunity to showcase brand/product onshore
6 Tickets included
@ $750.00
Family Table
* Private Table for 8 (Limited Supply)
@ $800.00

HB Vic
12-08-2013, 03:52 PM
Wow that thing was huge!!!

ChumpChange
12-08-2013, 04:21 PM
Wow that thing was huge!!!

That's what she said!

Eli
12-08-2013, 04:39 PM
Is that a private boat for only HB people?

Sent from my Bat Cave!!!

78Southwind
12-08-2013, 04:55 PM
Is that a private boat for only HB people?

Sent from my Bat Cave!!!

I personally thought the boat we had was perfect for 50 people but I am sure with how much fun we had we may need a bigger boat for more people next year. Therefore, I was just showing everyone an example of what USC Alumni Club of OC Beach Cities puts this on every year. I received an e-mail from the club a couple weeks ago for this event and I noticed the boat in the harbor when we were on our cruise. The price for the Yacht for this event is $100 per person. So the simple answer is:

Yes, this would be a private event for HB people we would just have to work out the details.

314joey
12-08-2013, 05:04 PM
Hopefully where the boat that would be used would be close to a reasonable sized airport, some folks might have to fly in...................and it wouldn't hurt if it was within driving distance to Vegas too.

Just suggestions though, hopefully not flying into LAX, that place sucks.

2manymustangs
12-08-2013, 05:18 PM
Hopefully where the boat that would be used would be close to a reasonable sized airport, some folks might have to fly in...................and it wouldn't hurt if it was within driving distance to Vegas too.

The Newport light cruise is a LONG standing tradition, I started going about 25 years ago... My FIL used to do private charters/tours and the Newport Christmas light tours were always a busy time for him...

SNA (John Wayne) or LGB (Long Beach) is close to the Newport dealio...

Agreed on LAX however, the "FLY AWAY" shuttle that runs out of LAX is AWEEEEESOME, I have renewed interest/faith in LAX...

It's a bit of a haul to Vegas for a weekend dealio... ;)

nowski
12-08-2013, 05:27 PM
Wow that thing was huge!!! As stated, Was

nowski
12-08-2013, 05:36 PM
I just hope that I'm still allowed on this website this time next year so I can go on this cruise. My sense of humor sometimes gets me in trouble...

HB Vic
12-08-2013, 09:45 PM
I just hope that I'm still allowed on this website this time next year so I can go on this cruise. My sense of humor sometimes gets me in trouble...

It takes a lot to get banned here really. Mean spirited or personal attacks are the fastest ways. You can ask Grads what the others are lol

Honestly I think you'll be fine. :D

Eli
12-08-2013, 10:13 PM
It takes a lot to get banned here really. Mean spirited or personal attacks are the fastest ways. You can ask Grads what the others are lol

He may have mistaken HB for the other site where people get permanently banned and they don't even post on the site.

Sent from my Bat Cave!!!

Tishimself
12-08-2013, 10:19 PM
I'll be on the folks 55'er. We head down on the 18th to help decorate, and sail on the 19th. I'll keep an eye out for that beast and post up pics of the Newport parade. Always a great family time....

2FORCEFULL
12-08-2013, 10:58 PM
He may have mistaken HB for the other site where people get permanently banned and they don't even post on the site.

Sent from my Bat Cave!!!
lol.....

314joey
12-09-2013, 06:02 AM

Cross dressing is OK, doesn't seem to bother some......................lol

Eli
12-09-2013, 09:01 AM
Cross dressing is OK, doesn't seem to bother some......................lol

Are you already booking your room for next year?

riverrunner1984
12-09-2013, 10:49 AM

Fly into Ontario. We can pick u guys up and it's only 3.5 hrs drive to Vegas.

Wendi
12-09-2013, 11:33 AM
The Paradiso has a 149 passenger in there fleet that I'm going to book for next year. I'm actually meeting with her in mid-january to check the boat out. It will be Saturday December 13, 2014. Mark your calendars...

Unforgiven
12-09-2013, 11:37 AM

He'll be fine..look I'm still here:party-smiley-020: (even after a vacation or two)

GRADS
12-09-2013, 11:39 AM
The Paradiso has a 149 passenger in there fleet that I'm going to book for next year. I'm actually meeting with her in mid-january to check the boat out. It will be Saturday December 13, 2014. Mark your calendars...

I have a feeling you're going to need to book a different hotel this time. I think you guys are blacklisted.

28eliminator
12-09-2013, 11:40 AM
I have a feeling you're going to need to book a different hotel this time. I think you guys are blacklisted.

:iagree::redface:

Wendi
12-09-2013, 11:45 AM
I don't think so.

78Southwind
12-09-2013, 11:53 AM

Sweet...:action-smiley-035: Any pictures of the boat?

314joey
12-09-2013, 11:56 AM

What's the weekend, flights are cheaper now.

Fly into Ontario. We can pick u guys up and it's only 3.5 hrs drive to Vegas.

I'm guessing this is Ontario California or Arizona, I'll have to google that one, but that all sounds good.

314joey
12-09-2013, 11:59 AM

What hotel, I'm not Kreskin !!!!!!............lol

My bad, see if I would have read all the post I would have seen the date, need some help with logistics, where's this boat at, is there limo's available, joey don't drink and drive and oh, joey drinks, a lot.

Wendi
12-09-2013, 12:03 PM

My bad, see if I would have read all the post I would have seen the date, need some help with logistics, where's this boat at, is there limo's available, joey don't drink and drive and oh, joey drinks, a lot.

Fly into John Wayne and stay at the Hyatt. There are definitely looks and shuttles so Joey don't have to drive he can drink a lot!!

HB Vic
12-09-2013, 12:05 PM
Fly into John Wayne and stay at the Hyatt. There are definitely looks and shuttles so Joey don't have to drive he can drink a lot!!

This may be presumptuous, but I don't think Joey shuttles :D

Don't worry Joey, we have these out here too :D

314joey
12-09-2013, 12:09 PM
This may be presumptuous, but I don't think Joey shuttles :D

Don't worry Joey, we have these out here too :D
]

You know me well already Vic, I've gotten spoiled, I'm bad, I knew there would be, thanks, nice ride.

HB Vic
12-09-2013, 12:15 PM
You know me well already Vic, I've gotten spoiled, I'm bad, I knew there would be, thanks, nice ride.

We're gonna need a bigger one next year. At one point I think there was 17+ people in this one. The driver got a little squeamish lol

Maybe one of those Hummer deals next year :D

Eli
12-09-2013, 12:21 PM

We should all stay at the same hotel. That makes it way easier and more fun!

Eli
12-09-2013, 12:22 PM
Ideas for next year:

ELI and NGE DON'T DRINK AT ALL!

Music to my Ears
12-09-2013, 12:43 PM
I would sure like to join the party next year but the only weekend of the year that I can't get out of is the first weekend of December. So if by chance it's another weekend in December, then count me in. Looks like when he'll of a party we missed!:partyguy: