PDA

View Full Version : Westernaero

Sharp shooter
12-05-2013, 12:45 PM
Here you go. April 2002 Hot Boat.

Stainless
12-05-2013, 12:53 PM
I notice they are running a LH cleaver sans torque tab. Does anyone know how it handled?

WESTERNAERO
12-05-2013, 01:02 PM
Thanks Jerry, too bad they didn't get any close-ups of the mounts and other crap. It was a pretty nice boat and Jim can do some serious painting. I've been trying to find my old CAD files for these outboard deals I helped these guys on so I could give them to WOT for his 19 Spectra. I not having any luck so I thought these might give him some ideas, but it's pretty hard to see. Again I owe ya one, thanks.
I'll delete the stuff in the old school thread.

WESTERNAERO
12-05-2013, 01:12 PM
I notice they are running a LH cleaver sans torque tab. Does anyone know how it handled?

He got a deal on the motor, that's how he ended up with it. It hauled ass, that's all I can say about that. I'm not a very good passenger so I wasn't trying to analyze the ride for the brief time I was in it. I was just holding on.

WESTERNAERO
12-05-2013, 01:19 PM
Oh, and Mrs. HoatBoat, the guy in the article is married to your TWIN SISTER. Just to let you know. :biggrin:

Stainless
12-05-2013, 01:22 PM
He got a deal on the motor, that's how he ended up with it. It hauled ass, that's all I can say about that. I'm not a very good passenger so I wasn't trying to analyze the ride for the brief time I was in it. I was just holding on.
Thanks, I can't see the entire setup. They tend to pass a lot of torque to the the steering wheel without the tab is why I inquired. Maybe it has something I can't see to counter it.

WESTERNAERO
12-05-2013, 01:33 PM
Thanks, I can't see the entire setup. They tend to pass a lot of torque to the the steering wheel without the tab is why I inquired. Maybe it has something I can't see to counter it.

I don't remember it having any steering torque but some of the others I've been in did, so I know what you're saying. And I don't remember it countering on deceleration either.