PDA

View Full Version : What's Your Opinion

76Bonneville
12-03-2013, 08:06 PM
I actually enjoy this site. Many of the threads are entertaining and most of the members are down to earth and we share the boating bond. Jerry and Bob hold class to school us in some history of performance boating, which is both interesting and informative.

I do have a question about behavior outside the site and should that effect your status on the site?

During this past Blue Water race, which was sponsored by Hot Boat (Thank You), a member was so disrespectful to so many people during the live streaming of the race. Not only to those who were chatting, but mocking practically every class that hit the water. For example, when Heath came in (after kicking ass in the GN class) the comment was “why’s he so tired after 20 minutes, I drive for 8 hours at a time”. What’s the big deal it’s only 3” to 6” chop. Also the normal comments like those jets are slow and to the SE’s “what are they doing like 58 mph”. At some point I made a comment about Jerry and Bob, and of course he came back with “I like to neil and bob”and countless others. Typical for this member he wanted to be the show, get some attention, positive or negative it doesn’t matter to him. There were people telling him to knock it off. It was like having one of those obnoxious drunk guys at the football game. They think they’re the life of the party but in reality everyone wants them gone. THE ONLY THING THAT SHUT HIM UP WAS SOMEONE DYING.

In 2011 the last year I raced, there were 3 APBA drivers killed as I recall. 1 Offshore / 1 Hydro in Washington and 1 Flatbottom driver at Black Lake Wa. At Black Lake we were the next class up and raced 30 minutes after they removed the body from the lake. The driver didn’t make it. Everyone knew it because it took 15 minutes to locate him underwater. We raced over the spot where this man, our racing brother took his last breath. This is why I feel so strongly that this member was out of line. I’ve seen this happen and it gets my blood boiling when somebody takes this sport and it teams as a joke. I’d like to see him in my “slow” jet boat at 95 mph and diving into a corner 7 wide. Every driver takes a huge risk when they climb into their boat. We’re there for ourselves, our families, and for the fans of the sport. We are not there for the jerks who are mocking what we do. We would rather you not be there or participate on line.

If I associate this guy with Hot Boat, I’m sure many others do too. Not good thing when you are the title sponsor of the race. Apparently there’s a reason he’s been banned from so many sites. If I had anything to do with the streaming, he would never post on it again. This person probably drives away more members than he attracts. I know some of the jet guys feel this site is a hostile environment. Just look at the low amount of traffic.

I will be surprised if you don’t censor/delete this post like you did the last one. That was the first time I have ever had a comment deleted. If you think I have this all wrong let me know. I’m open to another perspective. Maybe I’m too close to the situation and not seeing it clearly.

Hell, I can’t believe I got through this without posting his name. Maybe I should take a poll on other sites to see if I’m out of line. There’s always PB, SCJB, Vintage Jetboats, boatracing.com, region12, SCSC, APBA, and RD’s, but we know what would happen at RD’s.

Bottom line is that I feel his behavior was unacceptable and I’m sure I’m not the only one.

SBS933
12-03-2013, 08:14 PM
His early banning, just from his screen name should tell you. His constant jet boat remarks, were made with every intention of getting booted again. They came across as a child looking for attention. Good thread. I may have got caught up with question he asked, but i can't help that.

76Bonneville
12-03-2013, 08:18 PM
His early banning, just from his screen name should tell you. His constant jet boat remarks, were made with every intention of getting booted again. They came across as a child looking for attention. Good thread.
And the jet boat remarks don't even bother me. I personnally like jets, there not for everybody.
For me it's his disrespect for others that bother me.

Stainless
12-03-2013, 08:23 PM
Hey 76, I'll try and answer bf the thread possibly gets locked. For what my opinion is worth I think it takes all of us to make the world go around including Grads. This is no disrespect to you, as I value your participation just as much as any other member that makes HB move. In defense of Grads, no one expected the unthinkable to occur. I hear what your saying, but you even said Grads shut up after the accident. :)

Bench race driver of the NHRA 16X Castrol GTX Mustang

Sharp shooter
12-03-2013, 08:33 PM
And the jet boat remarks don't even bother me. I personnally like jets, there not for everybody.

I get what you're saying Ron. He had pretty much nothing to offer the live feed, but I wouldn't view him as a real "representative" of HotBoat. He did make me laugh a couple of times, but for the most part his lack of respect of the competitors makes him look retarded. Like I said on the feed, he needs to go for a ride and have the fear of god put in him. That would take care of it. :D

RogerThat99
12-03-2013, 08:33 PM

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11112/111122518/3429186-3175621866-India.gif

Sharp shooter
12-03-2013, 08:35 PM

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11112/111122518/3429186-3175621866-India.gif

This is all your fault! :D

76Bonneville
12-03-2013, 08:37 PM

Like I said in the post, I've never had a post deleted on any site, ever until the other day on this site.
He gets along with the right people.

RogerThat99
12-03-2013, 08:41 PM
This is all your fault! :D

You are right!!! And I apologize. :D

WMC
12-03-2013, 08:41 PM
I get what you're saying Ron. He had pretty much nothing to offer the live feed, but I wouldn't view him as a real "representative" of HotBoat. He did make me laugh a couple of times, but for the most part his lack of respect of the competitors makes him look retarded. Like I said on the feed, he needs to go for a ride and have the fear of god put in him. That would take care of it. :D

The video of ss-1 bucks up did it for me. I always thought I could do this.... easy no problem. That video change my mine... those guys get with it. Looks a lot different from shore.

sent from WMC's phone

76Bonneville
12-03-2013, 08:45 PM
If he rode with me, we wouldn't make it back. I'd have to make Kamakazi run with my copilot.
I am a Jap, so it would be the real deal.

SBS933
12-03-2013, 08:47 PM
The video of ss-1 bucks up did it for me. I always thought I could do this.... easy no problem. That video change my mine... those guys get with it. Looks a lot different from shore.

sent from WMC's phone You nailed that one WMC, that video put me in the drivers seat, and to tell you the truth that video lets you know what is really up with boat racing.

HB Vic
12-03-2013, 08:48 PM
76 I guess now is about as good a time to discuss this as any. Your comment was not deleted, it was edited. It was not necessarily edited because of content, it was edited because of timing. Bad timing quite honestly.

In regard to Grads (no secret who we're talking about). I personally banned him several times for many reasons. I banned him because I have a little control here over what people say. I say little because I do not have complete control, nor do I want complete control. The last thing I want is this place to get labeled as some sort of site that censors all content. That's not what we want. What we would prefer to have is a site that has some standards. So I think I've kind of set the bar a little higher here than some other sites might. I'm not saying what they're doing is wrong, I'm merely saying since I have a "little" control, so I'd prefer to keep things a little cleaner around here. Grads has had his issues, but for the most part he's been pretty good lately. He certainly hasn't done anything any worse than anyone else.

Now in regard to the race and the live stream. I was at the race, so I was not able to see the chat on the live stream. I was not aware of the things you mentioned happening. If that is in fact what he was saying and/or doing, you're right, I do not agree with it. That being said, I have absolutely no control over Grads outside hotboat.com. If those are the comments he was making, Surfrat should have booted him.

As far as the jet boat comments, I wouldn't stress too much over it. We all get shit for what we own/drive. As long as its in jest, I try to let it slide. But I will be honest, comments like that said at the wrong time can really get you wound up. I personally was 2" away from making a huge mistake last week because some little snot was poking fun at my ride. So I understand your feelings, we all take pride in our boats and if pushed too far, sometimes things can go sideways.

I will say this, as I've said many times before, Grads is harmless. It took me awhile but I've been able to pierce his joke suit and underneath I think he's in all reality a pretty good guy.

There are a few people here who come off completely different on the computer screen than they do in person. I had a chance to meet GN7 last weekend and he reminds me of a big ole teddy bear. I hope he doesn't punch my teeth out for saying that LOL.

And I certainly hope you stick around here. We're not perfect. We make mistakes, and I'm sure we'll continue to make mistakes. But to me all that means is we're real people, not perfect people.

Perfect is boring :D

HB

ChumpChange
12-03-2013, 08:55 PM
Like I said in the post, I've never had a post deleted on any site, ever until the other day on this site.
He gets along with the right people.

There is a proper way to say things and express an opinion. This post was done well. The single sentence in the other post that was edited was not done as eloquent and thus edited(not by me but I did see it). This post goes much further and better stated with the lack of profanity.

Sharp shooter
12-03-2013, 08:56 PM

Some people don't realize what it takes to drive boats like these. I view them similarly to riding the motocross track. You have to have some level of skill which most of us are capable of but, you ALSO need some balls. Any one of you who's ridden in a K, PS, GN, CB, PS or CJ know what I'm talking about, even if it wasn't in a race.

Hey Scotthat99, How much respect did you have after riding in that hydro at cfw? :D

76Bonneville
12-03-2013, 08:59 PM
I really have no problem with the jet boat remarks.
My problem is as a racer, his disrespect for the the racers and the sport.
If you're just going to sit there a make a joke about everything then just go away.
Some people enjoy the sport and appreciate the fact that we/they are there.
I havn't met Bob, but looking forward to that day. We have had our disagreements(C/J's for HOC in 2011), but I respect the man.

76Bonneville
12-03-2013, 09:02 PM
There is a proper way to say things and express an opinion. This post was done well. The single sentence in the other post that was edited was not done as eloquent and thus edited(not by me but I did see it). This post goes much further and better stated with the lack of profanity.

I apoligize for that post.
I was a little hot at the time.

HB Vic
12-03-2013, 09:05 PM
I really have no problem with the jet boat remarks.
My problem is as a racer, his disrespect for the the racers and the sport.
If you're just going to sit there a make a joke about everything then just go away.
Some people enjoy the sport and appreciate the fact that we/they are there.
I havn't met Bob, but looking forward to that day. We have had our disagreements(C/J's for HOC in 2011), but I respect the man.

Grads does not speak for hotboat.com

Hopefully the racers and racing community realizes that.

I think we (hotboat.com) and the people who have worked hard to make this site what it is, have shown the racers and racing community that we do respect and support the racers and their efforts.

76Bonneville
12-03-2013, 09:14 PM
Grads does not speak for hotboat.com

Hopefully the racers and racing community realizes that.

I think we (hotboat.com) and the people who have worked hard to make this site what it is, have shown the racers and racing community that we do respect and support the racers and their efforts.

Hotboat has most definently stepped up and the racing community appreciates it.

I guess it's because he is so prevalent on these boards that it's an instant association.

HB Vic
12-03-2013, 09:20 PM
Hotboat has most definently stepped up and the racing community appreciates it.

I guess it's because he is so prevalent on these boards that it's an instant association.

Believe me, we wouldn't do it if we didn't enjoy it!! Thank you.

76 I'm not sure how old you are, do you know or remember Marmaduke?

Well, Grads reminds me of Marmaduke LOL

76Bonneville
12-03-2013, 09:21 PM
His early banning, just from his screen name should tell you. His constant jet boat remarks, were made with every intention of getting booted again. They came across as a child looking for attention. Good thread. I may have got caught up with question he asked, but i can't help that.

Forgot about the question.
They suck with low pressure and blow with high pressure.
Spitters with a constant flow.

76Bonneville
12-03-2013, 09:23 PM
Believe me, we wouldn't do it if we didn't enjoy it!! Thank you.

76 I'm not sure how old you are, do you know or remember Marmaduke?

Well, Grads reminds me of Marmaduke LOL

I'm old, 53 last Saturday.

I think you just ruined Marmaduke for me. lol

RogerThat99
12-03-2013, 09:28 PM
How much respect did you have after riding in that hydro at cfw? :D

Hey SharpJerry, I had plenty of respect before I got in the boat...or I wouldn't have gotten in it. LOL. Like you, my Dad always had a v-drive when I was a kid. I did get to go for a ride making some 115ish laps in Hullshot's old Biesemeyer (the white one). I loved it. I definitely recognize that running deck to deck is a tad bit more dangerous than Hullshot and I out doing laps.

Back to the Hydro...Dayamm!! I didn't have a gopro, so I held a video camera with one hand. I have never posted it because it is too shaky.

HB Vic
12-03-2013, 09:30 PM
I'm old, 53 last Saturday.

I think you just ruined Marmaduke for me. lol

Happy Birthday! My 50th was last Thursday lol

SBS933
12-03-2013, 09:34 PM
Hey SharpJerry, I had plenty of respect before I got in the boat...or I wouldn't have gotten in it. LOL. Like you, my Dad always had a v-drive when I was a kid. I did get to go for a ride making some 115ish laps in Hullshot's old Biesemeyer (the white one). I loved it. I definitely recognize that running deck to deck is a tad bit more dangerous than Hullshot and I out doing laps.

Back to the Hydro...Dayamm!! I didn't have a gopro, so I held a video camera with one hand. I have never posted it because it is too shaky.

26994 Double da godamn that looks like fun. After 2 days of not showering I think I know what kind of racing I like. Totall respect coming from this camp.,

78Southwind
12-03-2013, 09:41 PM
It's really hard for me to take Grads seriously. However, the reason might be that every time I see his name I picture him in his blue dress or with a dildo in his mouth. I was on the live stream while he was on and it didn't bother me at all. But I was watching the action and not really paying any attention to the chat.

76Bonneville
12-03-2013, 09:45 PM

sent from WMC's phone

There's alot going on that the camera can't pick up. You're on censory overload, you feel every little movement that boat makes.
While on the ramp at Black Lake, just waiting for our race, I check my pulse it was 120.

GotHalos
12-03-2013, 09:46 PM
Some people don't realize what it takes to drive boats like these. I view them similarly to riding the motocross track. You have to have some level of skill which most of us are capable of but, you ALSO need some balls. Any one of you who's ridden in a K, PS, GN, CB, PS or CJ know what I'm talking about, even if it wasn't in a race.

Hey Scotthat99, How much respect did you have after riding in that hydro at cfw? :D

This. The day I was able to go for a ride in a K is a day I will never forget. :thumbup:

Going into a turn 4 deep has to be a completely different level, no matter what class.

76Bonneville
12-03-2013, 09:53 PM
Happy Birthday, that's my son's birthday 23 now.

SBS933
12-03-2013, 09:58 PM
I guess I shouldn't feel so bad 52 and my oldest is 27 my youngest 25 W.T.F.

nowski
12-03-2013, 10:01 PM
My opinion, boating is a dangerous sport and boat racing of any kind is an extremely dangerous sport!!! BTW, who said 53 was old??? I resemble that remark...

Paul65K
12-03-2013, 10:02 PM
My opinion, boating is a dangerous sport and boat racing of any kind is an extremely dangerous sport!!! BTW, who said 53 was old??? I resemble that remark...
Yeah.....when did this turn into a "How Old am I" thread.............54 here :D

76Bonneville
12-03-2013, 10:05 PM
My oldest is 27 also. We're on the same track

76Bonneville
12-03-2013, 10:09 PM
Dispite my age, I was the only driver that would skate board to the driver meetings

gn7
12-03-2013, 10:16 PM
There's alot going on that the camera can't pick up. You're on censory overload, you feel every little movement that boat makes.
While on the ramp at Black Lake, just waiting for our race, I check my pulse it was 120.

I use to let the comments made by what I call the Shore Warriors get to me. They still do, but not as much as they used to. I learned some time ago to never underestimate the ignorance of some boat owners. I have over heard more BS on shore at Long Beach than you can imagine. Much of it from jet owners, about jet boats. I have even turned to a couple and said "at yet, here you are standing on the beach talking about how your boat could kiss ass on them all"

You need to find your happy place when getting ready to race. One year at Burley we had 2 GN drivers in full safety gear including helmets, sitting in their boats, and had to wake them up before they could launch them. Seriously.

SBS933
12-03-2013, 10:33 PM
Yep, growing up at the river all I ever heard was JET BOATS SUCK. Well rock on GN Boats and K's but I still love letting off my jet off to let a prop catch me. Different world.

WMC
12-03-2013, 10:39 PM

I'm 43 and my oldest is 23 this month. I guess I was hitting it hard.;)

sent from WMC's phone

SBS933
12-03-2013, 10:51 PM
Hell Yeah, My intention was to boot em before I hit 40 and party on. Good enough, my oldest is rocking with the SEALS and my youngest works for J.P.L. not bad for a dumbass water worker.

76Bonneville
12-03-2013, 10:55 PM
I use to let the comments made by what I call the Shore Warriors get to me. They still do, but not as much as they used to. I learned some time ago to never underestimate the ignorance of some boat owners. I have over heard more BS on shore at Long Beach than you can imagine. Much of it from jet owners, about jet boats. I have even turned to a couple and said "at yet, here you are standing on the beach talking about how your boat could kiss ass on them all"

You need to find your happy place when getting ready to race. One year at Burley we had 2 GN drivers in full safety gear including helmets, sitting in their boats, and had to wake them up before they could launch them. Seriously.

I'm usually much more calm, but there was alot going on that weekend. The driver dying that Saturday, we set the C/j record on Sat. and broke our record on Sunday.
Beat out Scott Shotz for the Dash For The Flight Trophy we're the third team to win it. We're on there club trophy(their equivalent to the mink)
I'd give the guys a hard time and tell them my boat was just a ski boat. No plates, has a subfloor w/ carpet and seat bases.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0r_ajyFyRAc

GRADS
12-03-2013, 11:52 PM
I'm 44 and I'm sorry.

Paul65K
12-03-2013, 11:54 PM
I'm 44 and I'm sorry.
That's signature material right there :D

314joey
12-04-2013, 06:51 AM
I shut down before this thread was posted last night, but I just read the whole thing and don't know most of the players, but boating is boating is boating.

I don't care what kind or where you boat there should be a certain level or respect for all kinds of boating whether it's racing or recreational, it's a dangerous sport and not meant to be taken lightly.

There's no place for disrespectful comments about anyone on how they race or boat, that's my opinion for the day.

I just love the water and getting on a boat on a nice sunny day, enough said.

HB Vic
12-04-2013, 07:11 AM
And you guys thought this thread would get locked, lol :D

314joey
12-04-2013, 07:28 AM
And you guys thought this thread would get locked, lol :D

I've got to meet a few of these people in person someday. :shock:

Eli
12-04-2013, 07:38 AM
I'm 44 and I'm sorry.

I haven't known Grads very long at all (on the boards), but I've heard a lot about him. I know from personal experience that he tends to push the envelope. Sometimes, I wonder why would he do/say that?
But, I can say from personal experience that when Grads posted something I didn't like, I asked him to remove it and he didn't hesitate. I was pleasantly surprised. My impression is he's not malicious, he's trying to be funny and sometimes his filter malfunctions ;)

We are all very different and without all of our wacky personalities, life would be very boring.

I'm 38 and I'm the craziest kind of poop :D

Sent from my Bat Cave!!!

2manymustangs
12-04-2013, 07:40 AM

Wait, you just had a birthday??? Was there a party??? :wink:

HB Vic
12-04-2013, 07:43 AM
Wait, you just had a birthday??? Was there a party??? :wink:

I think so lol :D

314joey
12-04-2013, 07:55 AM
We are all very different and without all of our wacky personalities, life would be very boring.

Sent from my Bat Cave!!!

So true wacky Eli !!!!!!!

Eli
12-04-2013, 07:55 AM
So true wacky Eli !!!!!!!

Exactly! ;)

Sent from my Bat Cave!!!

riverrunner1984
12-04-2013, 08:28 AM
I've got to meet a few of these people in person someday. :shock:

We have room on the Boat trip this sat.
You and the Mrs. should take a spontaneous flight and join us! It will be fun!

314joey
12-04-2013, 08:42 AM
We have room on the Boat trip this sat.
You and the Mrs. should take a spontaneous flight and join us! It will be fun!

I thought about it, but I have to fly back to St. Louis for a little business (I still own property there) early Monday morning and then we still would have to do something with the new puppy, she's only 14 weeks old and most doggie hotels want them to be at least 5 months old (20 weeks), something we'll have to put on our list to do next year, sounds like fun.

The first trip we're doing since getting Rowdy is January 16-19, heading to Vegas for a little R & R and some serious drinking, anyone up for some cocktails.

Thanks for asking thought.

riverrunner1984
12-04-2013, 10:42 AM
I thought about it, but I have to fly back to St. Louis for a little business (I still own property there) early Monday morning and then we still would have to do something with the new puppy, she's only 14 weeks old and most doggie hotels want them to be at least 5 months old (20 weeks), something we'll have to put on our list to do next year, sounds like fun.

The first trip we're doing since getting Rowdy is January 16-19, heading to Vegas for a little R & R and some serious drinking, anyone up for some cocktails.

Thanks for asking thought.

FYI for future reference, we used this website to find a dog sitter for out Lab.
We fell in love with his sitter and use her all the time now.

http://dogvacay.com/

ChumpChange
12-04-2013, 10:46 AM
Wow there's a bunch of old people on this site!

Sharp shooter
12-04-2013, 10:50 AM

And that's why I support this site. :thumbup:

Plus anyone with a '69 Chevelle is cool in my book. :D

HB Vic
12-04-2013, 11:23 AM
And that's why I support this site. :thumbup:

Plus anyone with a '69 Chevelle is cool in my book. :D

I love my '69 :D

314joey
12-04-2013, 01:28 PM
FYI for future reference, we used this website to find a dog sitter for out Lab.
We fell in love with his sitter and use her all the time now.

http://dogvacay.com/

Cool site, thanks, hopefully next year.

Sharp shooter
12-05-2013, 11:04 AM
I love my '69 :D
http://www.hotboat.com/frm/attachment.php?attachmentid=27006&d=1386181399

That thing is tits!!!!!
I've been driving mine everyday dropping the Kids at school. It's the only car we have that I can drive wearing my knee brace. :)