PDA

View Full Version : FMO Turkey Day Run

314joey
11-30-2013, 06:13 PM
It was the Ft. Myers Offshore Turkey Day run today, 80 degress today and we had a great turn out, 30 boats and over 150 people, got lots of pics to come.

Eli
11-30-2013, 08:10 PM
Wow that looks amazing! Can't wait to see the pictures!

Sent from my Bat Cave!!!

Paul65K
11-30-2013, 08:25 PM
Very cool Jim.....looking forward to the pics Post 'em up!! :thumbsUp::thumbsUp:

ChumpChange
11-30-2013, 08:51 PM
I want to go there!

314joey
12-01-2013, 07:27 AM
The weather was perfect until about 2:00pm and then up North at Punta Gorda where we were at a front came in and we had to skeedaddle home, we left Harpoon Harry's at 2;30pm and puched the throttles back and out ran the weather and by the time we got home it was nice again, great day all around, plus we raised about 6K for a underpriviledge college fund.
I took a couple neighbor kids and they had never been in a gofast boat or on any kind of run like this before and when we got home they said it was better than going to Disney, so I know they had fun, they're 12 & 9 ..................thanks guys.

Eli
12-01-2013, 07:43 AM
Sounds like an exciting day for everyone! I'm glad you guys made it back before the weather got you!

Great pics!

Sent from my Bat Cave!!!

314joey
12-01-2013, 08:05 AM
Sounds like an exciting day for everyone! I'm glad you guys made it back before the weather got you!

Great pics!

Sent from my Bat Cave!!!

Thanks Eli, I see you at one of these runs .......................soon.

Eli
12-01-2013, 08:07 AM
Thanks Eli, I see you at one of these runs .......................soon.

Yes very soon! I'm gonna start working on my thong body ;)

Sent from my Bat Cave!!!

314joey
12-01-2013, 09:03 AM
Yes very soon! I'm gonna start working on my thong body ;)

Sent from my Bat Cave!!!

Woooo Hoooooo

Paul65K
12-01-2013, 09:06 AM
The weather was perfect until about 2:00pm and then up North at Punta Gorda where we were at a front came in and we had to skeedaddle home, we left Harpoon Harry's at 2;30pm and puched the throttles back and out ran the weather and by the time we got home it was nice again, great day all around, plus we raised about 6K for a underpriviledge college fund.
I took a couple neighbor kids and they had never been in a gofast boat or on any kind of run like this before and when we got home they said it was better than going to Disney, so I know they had fun, they're 12 & 9 ..................thanks guys. That's what it's all about right there!!! :thumb:

GRADS
12-01-2013, 01:40 PM
Thanks for posting the great pictures. Is that yellow cat an MTI? I dig some of those center console boats.....can they hang with the faster boats?

314joey
12-01-2013, 02:27 PM
That's what it's all about right there!!! :thumb:

I know, I love doing stuff like that, great day, thanks Paul.

Thanks for posting the great pictures. Is that yellow cat an MTI? I dig some of those center console boats.....can they hang with the faster boats?

Yes, beautiful cat, we have all kind of boats in the club, we had seven CC in the run yesterday, two 38', one 33' and five 32', they all had a minimum for twin 300 Merc Verados and they all run mid 65s, so they do pretty well staying with the group, my boat only goes a bit over 70 depending on the load.

Eli
12-01-2013, 02:37 PM
I know, I love doing stuff like that, great day, thanks Paul.

Yes, beautiful cat, we have all kind of boats in the club, we had seven CC in the run yesterday, two 38', one 33' and five 32', they all had a minimum for twin 300 Merc Verados and they all run mid 65s, so they do pretty well staying with the group, my boat only goes a bit over 70 depending on the load.

Great! Throw me in it and we will be thrilled to do 60 ;)

Sent from my Bat Cave!!!

GRADS
12-01-2013, 03:00 PM

I would think your boat would be faster than 70 especially in salt water. I have a buddy that has the same boat and when he had stock HP500's in it he was seeing 84 mph and that's only with 150 more H.P. total.

314joey
12-01-2013, 03:07 PM
Nice pics Jim!!

I'm pretty sure that yellow MTI was in Havasu a few years back and on display at the DS street fair. I can't remember if pier57 brought it or not, but it was there with 700s.

That NorTech CC is a really nice boat, I love the colors!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

It might have been, he trailers it all around, I didn't get a chance to talk to him to ask what power, maybe next time, usually after lunch we all hang out and talk, not much of that this time due to the weather coming in cut our day short.

I would think your boat would be faster than 70 especially in salt water. I have a buddy that has the same boat and when he had stock HP500's in it he was seeing 84 mph and that's only with 150 more H.P. total.

With a boat that weighs almost 11K lbs 150hp is a lot, plus I had her tanks full so i could make it up and back without stopping for fuel, I burned up about 120 gallons.

314joey
12-01-2013, 03:08 PM
Great! Throw me in it and we will be thrilled to do 60 ;)

Sent from my Bat Cave!!!

I'm sure Eli, all of you could easily get a ride.

Eli
12-01-2013, 04:19 PM
I'm sure Eli, all of you could easily get a ride.

As long as we can all fit in one boat ;)

Sent from my Bat Cave!!!