PDA

View Full Version : Brick & Mortar vs. Online

ChumpChange
11-29-2013, 10:10 PM
I really need to shop online more. I'm a Here and Now kind of guy and I'm starting to realize just how much cheaper buying online can be. I've never purchased anything on Amazon in my life but I'm starting to check it out.

I went out to buy a wall mount for my new TV today which I did at Best Buy. I'll be returning it next week as a shop(importer) around the corner from my office has it for 75% cheaper.

How do you shop? I think I might need to switch my ways......

Paul65K
11-29-2013, 10:18 PM
Well I started shopping online a few years ago mostly because I was working 16 hours a day and spending 200+ days a year traveling.....they only way I could find the time to shop was online.....sometimes even from 1/2 around the world.

Now that I have moved to Lake Havasu it's fair to say that selection is not what it used to be in Orange County so I shop online out of necessity.

It's way easier to do competitive shopping and if you are an Amazon prime member shipping is almost always free and returns are as simple as logging into your account and printing out the free return shipping tag.

Once you go this way you'll find yourself only buying Brick and Mortar when you have a last minute requirement or don't plan properly......or for clothes.....I just don't do clothes online well!!

ChumpChange
11-29-2013, 10:21 PM
My mom is an Amazon prime member and buys everything online as well. I just don't know what I want until I see it. I'm a spontaneous buyer, especially for Christmas. I know people are upset that they lost a week of shopping this year but the way I see it, it's a good thing because I would just keep buying more stuff for my kids. Did it today in fact. I have to stop walking through stores.....

Napanutt
11-29-2013, 10:36 PM
I love Amazon. I'm a prime member. Not a really big purchaser of things but if I know what I want or need I love the convenience of point and click shopping. :)

314joey
11-30-2013, 05:28 AM
We do a small amount of on line buying, but mostly in store, I'm a bring it home kind of guy.

CarolynandBob
11-30-2013, 07:28 AM
Amazon Prime and use it a lot.

28eliminator
11-30-2013, 09:18 AM
I buy most everything online, wife too.. I don't have the time to go wander through stores.

Sent from somewhere on the water

Singleton
11-30-2013, 09:31 AM
Research online and usually purchase online and use prime for most things.
Have started buying online with in store pickup for some times as well.

Stainless
11-30-2013, 09:34 AM
Amazon prime and get the Amazon credit card for points. ;)

CH3NO2

Malibusurfer
11-30-2013, 09:56 AM
If I can, I go and buy at mom and pops local stores. They will be a thing of the past soon, unfortunately....

RVRKID
11-30-2013, 10:24 AM
I really need to shop online more. I'm a Here and Now kind of guy and I'm starting to realize just how much cheaper buying online can be. I've never purchased anything on Amazon in my life but I'm starting to check it out.

I went out to buy a wall mount for my new TV today which I did at Best Buy. I'll be returning it next week as a shop(importer) around the corner from my office has it for 75% cheaper.

I tell everyone, you need to hit up monopirice.com for any mounts, cables or any electrical needs. Prices are ridiculous and you can will call in Rancho or get it within 2 days depending on time of order.

hpboats83
11-30-2013, 10:27 AM
If I can, I go and buy at mom and pops local stores. They will be a thing of the past soon, unfortunately....

I also try to do some of the smaller stores even though I know that's a thing of the past

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Ziggy
11-30-2013, 12:22 PM

I've done a lot more online shopping the past couple years.
Recently purchase tv mounts at HarborFrieght. Paid like $24 for a tilting tv mount(up to 80" tv's) that was 3x anywhere else online or in a store. That's one of the stores I like to wander around:D:D:D

From my POS T-mobile thingie

ChumpChange
11-30-2013, 07:56 PM
I tell everyone, you need to hit up monopirice.com for any mounts, cables or any electrical needs. Prices are ridiculous and you can will call in Rancho or get it within 2 days depending on time of order.

That's the one I'm referencing. Right around the corner from my office so I can just pick up there.