PDA

View Full Version : Rowdy was good as gold

314joey
11-29-2013, 05:52 PM
Rowdy had her first boat ride today and she was perfect, she acted like she had been on a boat hundreds of times, even fell asleep, I love this little chit, she's such a good dog.

ChumpChange
11-29-2013, 05:55 PM
Nice.

It rained here.

Eli
11-29-2013, 05:57 PM
She's so tiny and cute!

Sent from my Bat Cave!!!

mrs.daytona
11-29-2013, 06:08 PM
What a good boat dog! I wish our Gracie liked boating. Looks like a beautiful day.

314joey
11-29-2013, 06:55 PM
It was sunny as you can see and got up to 80 today, turned out to be a great day all around, we couldn't believe how she just went with the flow, even when I fired up the engines she didn't flinch, looks like we got lucky and got a good boat dog, thanks for the nice comments, we've got a Ft. Myers Offshore run up to Punta Gorda for lunch tomorrow, there's 30 boats going, it's about 60 miles one way, we should make it there around 12:30pm and after lunch take a little run through Charlotte Harbor then South back home, should make it home by 5:00pm, gonna be a long day on the water, it's supposed to be sunny and 82, I hope the wind stays down, I'll take some pics and post, thanks again, have a great weekend everybody.

314joey
11-30-2013, 05:37 AM
Hey Jim, when you rise the boat back on the lift do you power wash the drives and hull to clean the salt off?

Also, do you hook the engines up to a hose and run fresh water through the blocks? How much time do you think you spend cleaning everything after you're done using the boat?

Btw, your dog is adorable lol

Yes, it has closed cooling systems, so the salt water only get into the exhausts and it also fresh water flush outs that when we get done boating for the day I just hook up the hose that's at the dock and flush each engine for ten minutes or so, then we completely wash/rinse the boat with "dawn" and wipe her down.

I rinse the drives off with fresh water, after every other time they get wet I spray them with WD40 and then I wash them once in a while, they actually look really good, they don't have any affects of salt water at all, but I'm ADD about keeping the boat clean, even if we don't got out, the boat gets washed every week.

I'm guessing we spend about 2-3 hours on cleaning the boat after we use it, most of it we do the next day, I only flush out the engines and rinse it off the boat when we get home, then we do almost everything else the next day, it's just easier that way.

Thanks about Rowdy she's been great so far, gonna be a good boater for us, can't wait to take her to the dog beach.

Paul65K
11-30-2013, 06:57 AM
Good stuff there Jim........sounds like another member of the family in all activities for some time to come :thumb:

Music to my Ears
11-30-2013, 11:46 AM
Very cool dog. Great to hear that she's working out so well. My boxer would go nuts on the boat!

314joey
11-30-2013, 06:05 PM
We were pleasantly surprised and happy she was so agreeable to be on the boat, even when the enigines got loud, she just chilled, thanks guys, she's a mello dog.