PDA

View Full Version : World Finals by Wendi Cook (first-timer)

Wendi
11-05-2012, 11:54 AM
So I wanted to just give my own personal update of the World Finals. This was my first time ever seeing Top Fuel and Hydro boats and I must say what a rush!! You could feel the rumble in your body as they went down the lanes. More than fast, it was like a rocket on water. What an impressive site to witness.

It was amazing to walk around the pits and see the teams working so hard to rebuild the engines after they blew up going down the track. These guys work with such comradery and such a team spirit. It really shows the love of boating that they all share.

The engines WOW!! I've never seen anything like it. Such talent and so much horsepower.

I met so many people and found that many of these people have been following the circuit for many many years travelling from all over the country. The stories they shared with me, showed their true passion for the love of drag boat racing.

I gotta say that I'm hooked and can't wait till the next race. I hope to see many of the people I met again. Everyone that came by our booth, thank you so much for your kind words and your eagerness to help see Hotboat.com succeed. That certainly means alot.

Well signing off, a first-timer that is looking forward to the next.

obnoxious001
11-05-2012, 01:34 PM
Nice to hear the outlook from a "newbe"

Stainless
11-05-2012, 01:56 PM
Hey Wendi, last year was my first time watching them. There is nothing like a rooster tail in the air from starting line to finish, and the way they jump out of the water on takeoff!:) Have you been to the NHRA at Pomona? The final event is this weekend, it is a thrill and huge spectacle to witness too!:)

WMC
11-05-2012, 05:53 PM
Nice write up.... Glad we get to go back.

Stainless
11-05-2012, 06:03 PM
Nice write up.... Glad we get to go back.

Nice play WMC!:p

Mitch
11-05-2012, 08:17 PM
Looks like drag boat racing has a new fan !