PDA

View Full Version : Tom Brady vs. Peyton Manning

Eli
11-24-2013, 09:26 AM
Peyton faces Tom tonight at 5:30 PST. This may be the best pro sports rivalry of this era. Brady and Manning have been watched, dissected, analyzed and debated more than any other rivalry of its time. Since 2001, one simple question could have sparked a heated discussion on any day, any time of the year and anywhere in America: "Who would you rather have: Peyton or Tom?"

Brady has won three Super Bowls and been to five. During his impressive career he has thrown over 47,000 yards and 348 touchdowns. Manning is certainly not overshadowed by Tom, he has won one Super Bowl and been to two. Although he hasn't won as many Super Bowls he has far surpassed Tom in yards and touchdowns. Peyton has thrown over 63,000 yards and 470 touchdowns. Their statistics lead to the ongoing debate who is the better quarterback?

While their careers started out on different ends of the spectrum, they are more alike then we might think.

Manning has a 65.4% pass completion success rate and Brady has a 63.4% success rate.
Manning has a 5.7 career touchdown percentage and Brady 5.5 percent.

Manning threw to a potential Hall of Fame receiver, Marvin Harrison for Harrison's entire career and to potential Hall of Famer, Reggie Wayne for most of his career. Did these two potential Hall of Famers increase Peyton's success or did Peyton make them look even better?

Brady has an impressive playoff record 17-7. Since the start of the 2007 season, Brady's interception percentage is 1.6. This means that if Brady throws 30 passes per game, he will only throw one interception every other game. Does Brady play with a better team or does Brady make his team better?

It's certainly no debate that these two quarterbacks are very talented, dedicated and revered by their peers as well as their fans.

This should be an exciting game to watch!

Eli
11-24-2013, 09:32 AM
Go Tom! I love you baby!!!

(Insert flashing boobies emoticon)

Sent from my Bat Cave!!!

314joey
11-24-2013, 09:52 AM
UFC is a real sport .................

Eli
11-24-2013, 10:03 AM
UFC is a real sport .................

Don't be a hater :D I played in the powder puff in high school and was tackled by Rosie a 5'10 machine and it gave me a whole new respect for the football players. Yea it was flag football but she didn't get the memo!
I no longer ONLY objectify the football players ;)

Sent from my Bat Cave!!!

Eli
11-24-2013, 10:13 AM
Let's go Peyton!

Hey Pokey wanna put a wager on that? Loser buys dinner?

And if you play your cards right I may let you buy me breakfast ;)

Sent from my Bat Cave!!!

314joey
11-24-2013, 10:34 AM
Don't be a hater :D I played in the powder puff in high school and was tackled by Rosie a 5'10 machine and it gave me a whole new respect for the football players. Yea it was flag football but she didn't get the memo!
I no longer ONLY objectify the football players ;)

Sent from my Bat Cave!!!

I was RYC sister................Peyton for sure

westair
11-24-2013, 10:39 AM
Peyton only has one SB win and a poor playoff record ..... his brother has 2 rings. Stats are over rated, its SB wins that measure a QB and I'll take Brady with three!!

Paul65K
11-24-2013, 10:45 AM
Peyton only has one SB win and a poor playoff record ..... his brother has 2 rings. Stats are over rated, its SB wins that measure a QB and I'll take Brady with three!!I only got 2 words that fit here............Joe Montana :D

Eli
11-24-2013, 10:48 AM
Peyton only has one SB win and a poor playoff record ..... his brother has 2 rings. Stats are over rated, its SB wins that measure a QB and I'll take Brady with three!!

Whoop whoop!!!

Sent from my Bat Cave!!!

Stainless
11-24-2013, 11:13 AM
I'm on IR and can't participate to my regular posting level today, shopping sucks! :(

CH3NO2

Eli
11-24-2013, 11:25 AM
I'm on IR and can't participate to my regular posting level today, shopping sucks! :(

CH3NO2

Happy wife happy life! :D

shopping does suck!

Sent from my Bat Cave!!!

The Doctor
11-24-2013, 12:05 PM
Betting against Peyton Manning may not be the best idea one ever had. This will be about team against team, however - more than QB against QB. Patriots defense is not what they would like and their offensive line is not what the Broncos have so I'm going to have to lean towards a Broncos win by a couple TDs in this one. :D

Eli
11-24-2013, 03:59 PM
I think I may have scared pokey off :(

Sent from my Bat Cave!!!

Eli
11-24-2013, 04:05 PM
Nope! I'm here but the game doesn't start for a few hours!!

It might be a difficult game for Peyton, I just looked at the temps, it's like 24 and colddddd!! Peyton always seems uncomfortable in cold weather games outside, he's built to play in a dome, but I hope his team gets the win tonight! Brady and the Pats need this win, after that tough loss last week, this should be a great one! One good thing for Peyton, "no snow" tonight!! Go Broncos!.:thumbup:

Sounds like you're back peddling a tad...

Sent from my Bat Cave!!!

ChumpChange
11-24-2013, 04:23 PM
Betting against Peyton Manning may not be the best idea one ever had. This will be about team against team, however - more than QB against QB. Patriots defense is not what they would like and their offensive line is not what the Broncos have so I'm going to have to lean towards a Broncos win by a couple TDs in this one. :D

Betting against Peyton at Foxboro and in cold weather is actually the best bet. What is he, 1-9 at Foxboro? And it's freezing tonight. I haven't paid much attention to the Patriots this year so I can't provide analysis beyond that. Sitting here at the car wash waiting for my car isn't the best place to do some research either.

Eli
11-24-2013, 04:28 PM
Betting against Peyton at Foxboro and in cold weather is actually the best bet. What is he, 1-9 at Foxboro? And it's freezing tonight. I haven't paid much attention to the Patriots this year so I can't provide analysis beyond that. Sitting here at the car wash waiting for my car isn't the best place to do some research either.
Is this what you're looking for?

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/25/9utu6ajy.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/25/hatupe7u.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/25/7a4u4a8y.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/25/ma8amyby.jpg

Sent from my Bat Cave!!!

ChumpChange
11-24-2013, 05:24 PM
I'm not gonna read that on my iPhone.

westair
11-24-2013, 05:39 PM

A win by two TD's .... with that smiley I'm going to assume your not real serious with that prediction:biggrin: ... especially since Mannings favorite receivers may not play or be a 100%. The toughest part about watching this game is listening to the 3 hour love fest the announcers have with Manning.

ChumpChange
11-24-2013, 06:04 PM
Brady has 9 wins against Manning's 4 for this matchup.

Eli
11-24-2013, 06:24 PM
7 minutes until game time...just made it to the bar! ;)

Sent from my Bat Cave!!!

Paul65K
11-24-2013, 06:49 PM
Hey Pokey wanna put a wager on that? Loser buys dinner?

And if you play your cards right I may let you buy me breakfast ;)

Sent from my Bat Cave!!!I'll cover that bet............................................... ..for Pokey (he can collect).......I'm thinking Manning will prevail :thumb:

Eli
11-24-2013, 06:58 PM
I'll cover that bet............................................... ..for Pokey (he can collect).......I'm thinking Manning will prevail :thumb:

Pokey won't collect!

Sent from my Bat Cave!!!

ChumpChange
11-24-2013, 06:59 PM
I'll cover that bet............................................... ..for Pokey (he can collect).......I'm thinking Manning will prevail :thumb:

Manning might be in the winning team but the Broncos are going to give the game ball to the NE running backs. After giving them the game ball, they'll promptly drop it. :D

Eli
11-24-2013, 07:00 PM
Manning might be in the winning team but the Broncos are going to give the game ball to the NE running backs. After giving the. The game ball, they'll promptly drop it. :D

I hope so!

Sent from my Bat Cave!!!

Eli
11-24-2013, 07:12 PM
This is painful!

Sent from my Bat Cave!!!

Eli
11-24-2013, 07:30 PM
Did the Patriots dip their hands in baby oil for extra slippage? Hold the freaken ball!!!

Sent from my Bat Cave!!!

Eli
11-24-2013, 07:44 PM
What's with the turkey slater commercials?

Sent from my Bat Cave!!!

Eli
11-24-2013, 08:31 PM
Beautifully played!!!

Sent from my Bat Cave!!!

Eli
11-24-2013, 08:39 PM
Hey POKEY!!! You wanna pick up on this bet? I'm still willing!

Sent from my Bat Cave!!!

28eliminator
11-24-2013, 08:43 PM
Hey POKEY!!! You wanna pick up on this bet? I'm still willing!

Sent from my Bat Cave!!!

Ok pokey, quit fucking around and step up buddy.. She's ready :D

Sent from somewhere on the water

Paul65K
11-24-2013, 08:52 PM
Ok pokey, quit fucking around and step up buddy.. She's ready :D

Sent from somewhere on the water
I'm pretty sure she doesn't bite............at least 5 out of 6 don't :yikes:

Eli
11-24-2013, 08:53 PM
I'm pretty sure she doesn't bite............at least 5 out of 6 don't :yikes:

Close 2 out of 6...but no one has ever complained!

Sent from my Bat Cave!!!

Paul65K
11-24-2013, 08:53 PM
We got ourselves a game all of a sudden:wtf:

Eli
11-24-2013, 08:54 PM
Go Baby!! Who's your daddy!!! I love you Tom!

Sent from my Bat Cave!!!

Paul65K
11-24-2013, 09:03 PM
Holy Fok.......I wish I knew what Belichick said to them at half time :yikes:

Eli
11-24-2013, 09:03 PM
That's my Tom!!! I ways pick my team based on QBH!

Sent from my Bat Cave!!!

Eli
11-24-2013, 09:04 PM
Holy Fok.......I wish I knew what Belichick said to them at half time :yikes:

I called Tom ...we talked ;)

Sent from my Bat Cave!!!

ChumpChange
11-24-2013, 09:04 PM
Whole new game.

Eli
11-24-2013, 09:08 PM
Whole new game.

We both posted in the Hmmm thread lol!

Tom rocks!!!

Sent from my Bat Cave!!!

Eli
11-24-2013, 09:10 PM
Did Giselle answer?;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

You got jokes huh? I'm thinking I want dinner at Morton's

Sent from my Bat Cave!!!

Eli
11-24-2013, 09:19 PM
Whoop whoop!! If that's not sexy...I'm not sure what is!

Sent from my Bat Cave!!!

Napanutt
11-24-2013, 09:24 PM
Did Giselle answer?;)

Good one. :)

You got jokes huh? I'm thinking I want dinner at Morton's

Sent from my Bat Cave!!!

So much for playing hard to get. ;)

Eli
11-24-2013, 09:30 PM
Good one. :)

So much for playing hard to get. ;)

I don't play ;)

Sent from my Bat Cave!!!

HB Vic
11-24-2013, 09:41 PM
Another tie today? 😳

Eli
11-24-2013, 09:42 PM
Another tie today? 😳

NO!!

Sent from my Bat Cave!!!

HB Vic
11-24-2013, 10:04 PM
Looks like a tie to me 😳

ChumpChange
11-24-2013, 10:19 PM
Stupid special teams.

Eli
11-24-2013, 10:36 PM
That was one awesome game!!!! Go Patriots!!!!

I love you Tom! (Insert boobie flash)

Sent from my Bat Cave!!!

The Doctor
11-24-2013, 11:18 PM
The Pats won indeed but I'd bet you weren't so confident about the entire thing until the last play of the game. :D If I asked you at half time it would be worse. Who would have believed the referees would let both teams pass interfere (both offensive and defensive) as they both did throughout this game? The play of the game turned out to be a special-teams blunder in favor of the Pats. Without that play, I'd say today would've ended with two NFL ties.

Eli
11-25-2013, 07:02 AM
If Peyton is going to advance in the playoffs he is going to have to win games outdoors in cold weather!!! The temps in Denver are just as cold... And the SB is in NY this year!! Ugh!!!!

Peyton just always looks so uncomfortable playing and throwing in cold weather!! He's always messing around with those gloves? Idk but they're still 9-2 and there's still a lot of football left, although most of their remaining games will be in cold weather!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Pokey I have a quick question...WHEN ARE YOU BUYING ME DINNER? I'll even agree to eat at a normal restaurant but no Red Robin!

Sent from my Bat Cave!!!

314joey
11-25-2013, 07:18 AM
Yea, but Tom gets to go home to Gisele.

Eli
11-25-2013, 07:20 AM
Yea, but Tom gets to go home to Gisele.

Why are you already taking jabs at me?

Sent from my Bat Cave!!!

314joey
11-25-2013, 07:22 AM
Why are you already taking jabs at me?

Sent from my Bat Cave!!!

If he met you he would kick her to the curb, she's fake and look at all the personality you have, six of them.

Eli
11-25-2013, 07:24 AM
If he met you he would kick her to the curb, she's fake and look at all the personality you have, six of them.

Awe you're so sweet! We think you rock! Besides if he and I were dating it's like having a different girl 5 nights a week!

Sent from my Bat Cave!!!

Paul65K
11-25-2013, 07:33 AM
I love you Tom! (Insert boobie flash)

Sent from my Bat Cave!!!Other than the fact that he's good looking, rich and one of the best quarterbacks to ever play the game.....I fail to see what you see in the guy :rolleyes

Eli
11-25-2013, 07:35 AM
Other than the fact that he's good looking, rich and one of the best quarterbacks to ever play the game.....I fail to see what you see in the guy :rolleyes

His eyes...there's something about them that make me melt.

Sent from my Bat Cave!!!

ChumpChange
11-25-2013, 09:17 AM
The Pats won indeed but I'd bet you weren't so confident about the entire thing until the last play of the game. :D

Vegas doesn't let you bet at half time and had they in this instant, there would have been a major spread to entice me to do so. Bets are made before the kickoff. Had I not turned on the game last night and just looked at the score this morning, it would have all gone according to plan. :D

If Peyton is going to advance in the playoffs he is going to have to win games outdoors in cold weather!!! The temps in Denver are just as cold... And the SB is in NY this year!! Ugh!!!!

I know that question came up a lot when he signed with Denver. For somebody so bad in the cold, why did he go there?

Eli
11-25-2013, 09:30 AM
Vegas doesn't let you bet at half time and had they in this instant, there would have been a major spread to entice me to do so. Bets are made before the kickoff. Had I not turned on the game last night and just looked at the score this morning, it would have all gone according to plan. :D

I know that question came up a lot when he signed with Denver. For somebody so bad in the cold, why did he go there?

I think people like Peyton don't allow a more challenging situation become a barrier. He's gonna take the cold and make it his bitch. He just needs time.

Sent from my Bat Cave!!!

ptc
11-25-2013, 11:53 AM
Have to admit that the PATS and BRADY definitely EARNED this game in the end after coming back from literal extinction in the first half.... I think this game was the 2013-2014 SUPERBOWL GAME of the year in reality..... with such a mediocre season for all teams involved....

Great Game!!!! nail biter to the very end!

westair
11-25-2013, 12:18 PM
Have to admit that the PATS and BRADY definitely EARNED this game in the end after coming back from literal extinction in the first half.... I think this game was the 2013-2014 SUPERBOWL GAME of the year in reality..... with such a mediocre season for all teams involved....

Great Game!!!! nail biter to the very end!

Brady and his team never looked worried or lost their cool during the 1st half, I'm thinking these guys still planned on winning this thing even though it was 24-0!!

Eli
11-25-2013, 12:19 PM
Brady and his team never looked worried or lost their cool during the 1st half, I'm thinking these guys still planned on winning this thing even though it was 24-0!!

Patriots win most of their games in the second half. If it was any other team I would think they were done going into half time 24-0...but not the Patriots.

Sent from my Bat Cave!!!