PDA

View Full Version : B.R.A.K.E.S. driving school

nowski
11-22-2013, 07:21 PM
If anyone out there has young teen drivers look into the B.R.A.K.E.S. (Be Responsible and Keep Everyone Safe) driving school that teaches our kids defensive driving. When NHRA drag racing star Doug Herbert lost his two young sons, Jon and James, in a tragic highway accident in January of 2008, his grief led to his resolve to create a driving program which would help to prevent other families from experiencing similar heartbreak by teaching young drivers more conscientious and confident skills behind the wheel. You can go to there website putonthebrakes.com For more information. There are still openings for the upcoming events at The Fairplex in Pomona and also in Irvine. I've got my 17 year old Son signed up for next weekend at Pomona...

Stainless
11-22-2013, 07:26 PM
Great post Nowski! Very familiar with the Doug Herbert tragedy. Great idea to post it here for parents with teenage drivers. ;)

CH3NO2

Wendi
11-22-2013, 07:38 PM
Great info I will need that for my daughter in 3 years and we are close to Pomona.

nowski
11-22-2013, 08:03 PM
Great info I will need that for my daughter in 3 years and we are close to Pomona.Doug Herbert has a performance center on El Prado Rd. right off of Central just north of the 71 freeway.

Wendi
11-22-2013, 08:28 PM
Perfect I'm in Chino hills

nowski
11-23-2013, 12:46 PM
I just wanted to mention my #1 reason for the importance of defensive for our young drivers, Cell Phone Use. IMO this is the worst time in our driving history to put a young driver on the road. If you don't have a kid of driving age as of yet jot this information down and use it when your kids are of driving age or if you know a neighbor or family friend pass the information along. I first found out about this school about 3 years ago. This could be one of the best investments you could make for your young drivers...

kevnmcd
11-23-2013, 01:04 PM
My son did this school about 4 years ago and now my daughter will be doing it as she just got her license this week. I can't say enough about this school. It is well worth the time!

nowski
12-01-2013, 04:51 PM
I took my Wife & Son to the Brakes Driving School yesterday at the Fairplex in Pomona. The overall learning experience for us as Parents and my Son was incredible to say the least. Doug Herbert :thumbsUp: and His Staff did a remarkable job and the training was second to none :thumbsUp:. The icing on the cake included the parents getting a chance to get behind the wheel to show off their driving skills. Some of the parents looked a little rough around the edges including my Wife. I would highly recommend this school to any parent with a teen age driver. Go to there website (http://www.putonthebrakes.com) for future dates and locations. I'm pictured here with Jon Capps the brother of Ron Capps. I called Jon , Ron several times by accident and he was quick to correct me...

Stainless
12-01-2013, 06:36 PM
Damn, Doug is a big man. Amazed he can climb into the cockpit of Top fuel dragster. Thanks for the update Nowski! ;)

Bench race driver of the NHRA 16X Castrol GTX Mustang