PDA

View Full Version : Forums and sections - what would you like to see?

HB Vic
11-21-2013, 10:32 PM
Welcome to www.hotboat.com (http://www.hotboat.com) Now that you've had a chance to look around, please give us some feedback on what you would like to see as far as new forums and/or sections or changes to the existing ones. I'm not opposed to doing a little remodeling, as long as we're not talking about taking the place down to the studs :D

Any constructive feedback you'd like to offer would be greatly appreciated.

Our goal is to make this place comfortable and friendly.

Welcome again!!

HB

RogerThat99
11-21-2013, 11:08 PM
I'm not a DLB member, but a Delta Lunch Bunch section would be great (Napanutt's idea).

ChumpChange
11-21-2013, 11:09 PM
A culinary section focussing on cheeses from around the world.

Tishimself
11-22-2013, 12:46 AM
Maybe a Grads section. With just Grads in it. No one else. He an post whatever he wants, even be a mod, and no one else can get in. That sounds nice....huh?

Eli
11-22-2013, 05:46 AM
A culinary section focussing on cheeses from around the world.

I like this idea.

Truth is I forget to check the other sections.

Sent from my Bat Cave!!!

Unforgiven
11-22-2013, 06:00 AM
Can we get a tech section for like motor builds, or mods done to engines?
I have a few friends that have a wealth of knowledge for this section... and yes I want to MOD that section

314joey
11-22-2013, 06:03 AM
How about a ELI section................lol

Unforgiven
11-22-2013, 06:10 AM

I'm good with that....She would have to post a daily pic of what she was wearing that day. if we're lucky we'll catch one of her personalities "stripper Eli" that day

28eliminator
11-22-2013, 06:21 AM
I have a few friends that have a wealth of knowledge for this section... and yes I want to MOD that section

^^^^^ this. We need a place to discuss port velocity, cylinder filling, cam profiles etc, and somewhere where we can truly slam everything Pro Comp :D.......... Please!

Sent from somewhere on the water

2manymustangs
11-22-2013, 06:33 AM

:action-smiley-035:

Paul65K
11-22-2013, 06:35 AM

I'm good with that....She would have to post a daily pic of what she was wearing that day. if we're lucky we'll catch one of her personalities "stripper Eli" that dayI agree........I think it should be titled WTF does Eli know?? :D

Eli
11-22-2013, 07:05 AM
I already have one...that no one reads :(

I'm good with that....She would have to post a daily pic of what she was wearing that day. if we're lucky we'll catch one of her personalities "stripper Eli" that day
I order to get traffic to my blog all I have to do is post pics of my outfits? Why did I think people wanted more depth?

I agree........I think it should be titled WTF does Eli know??:D

I thought you were busy today? Have enough time for a quick kick before you log off? :D

I'm saving all the shit I would've given you this last 2 days for tomorrow! It's on!

Sent from my Bat Cave!!!

Paul65K
11-22-2013, 07:10 AM
I thought you were busy today? Have enough time for a quick kick before you log off? :D

I'm saving all the shit I would've given you this last 2 days for tomorrow! It's on!

Sent from my Bat Cave!!! Get ready.....all 6 of you :D

Eli
11-22-2013, 07:11 AM
Get ready.....all 6 of you :D

Oh we're ready!

I think we should have an

"Eli Kicks Paul65k" section :D

Sent from my Bat Cave!!!

2FORCEFULL
11-22-2013, 07:14 AM
^^^^^ this. We need a place to discuss port velocity, cylinder filling, cam profiles etc, and somewhere where we can truly slam everything Pro Comp :D.......... Please!

might as well call it GN7

SUPERSOAKER
11-22-2013, 07:41 AM
How about a WHAT ARE YOU COOKING section. Recipes, techniques, pictures and commentary? Everything from BBQ/SMOKERS to soup and salads.

Wendi
11-22-2013, 07:46 AM
How about a WHAT ARE YOU COOKING section. Recipes, techniques, pictures and commentary? Everything from BBQ/SMOKERS to soup and salads.

You just took the words out of my mouth !!!

Wendi
11-22-2013, 07:48 AM
Many of the sections are neglected. We need you all to venture out sometimes. There is a whole new world in this place.

314joey
11-22-2013, 07:49 AM
Seriously now..................maybe a "off topic" section (not political stuff), just stuff that doesn't have anything to with boating at all, like what I'm going to post in a minute.

Eli
11-22-2013, 07:56 AM
I have a suggestion...take it for what it worth 2cents

How about an Archives Style Section for each of the topics. You start your thread in the Sandbar and when it gets to page 5 or so, admin moves it to the appropriate section. Then if you wanna read it you know where to look. I just know I don't remember to look at the other sections and I don't think it's just the 6 of us who do that.

For example: someone starts a cooking thread and when it hits page 5 it gets moved to

"Cooking It's not Just For the Ladies Anymore" section.

Mateo starts a cheese thread and it hits page 5 in 30 min and gets move to the

"Mateo...not the only Cheesy thing on HB" section

Sent from my Bat Cave!!!

GotHalos
11-22-2013, 08:00 AM
Motor builds in general and do away with GM/ford sections?

I like that idea. A few of the other sections that have little to no use can get consolidated too.

2manymustangs
11-22-2013, 08:16 AM
Seriously now..................maybe a "off topic" section (not political stuff), just stuff that doesn't have anything to with boating at all, like what I'm going to post in a minute.

How are threads that go sideways get handled and conflicting personalities???

icb1
11-22-2013, 08:26 AM
A boat evaluation / testing section

Classifird section formated like OSO

Unforgiven
11-22-2013, 08:33 AM
Motor builds in general and do away with GM/ford sections?

I like that idea. A few of the other sections that have little to no use can get consolidated too.

You have the power..lets make it happen..don't worry about Vic...I'll work him over with Shots on the 7th!

314joey
11-22-2013, 08:39 AM
How are threads that go sideways get handled and conflicting personalities???

I've seen "off topic" sections on several other sites and none of them have any problems, it's the political stuff that's usually the problem and there's still the mods, at least we could give it a try, it can always be taken down.

HB Vic
11-22-2013, 08:41 AM
I think we had a off topic section back in the day.

This section pretty much catches everything anyway. Some people might think a "off topic" section would be anything goes, I don't want to give that impression.

GotHalos
11-22-2013, 08:42 AM
You have the power..lets make it happen..don't worry about Vic...I'll work him over with Shots on the 7th!

lol, that I do. :thumbup:

I've seen "off topic" sections on several other sites and none of them have any problems, it's the political stuff that's usually the problem and there's still the mods, at least we could give it a try, it can always be taken down.

We tried that when the site initially went up and it was changed to how it is now...

Eli
11-22-2013, 08:42 AM

This section pretty much catches everything anyway. Some people might think a "off topic" section would be anything goes, I don't want to give that impression.

Thought the Sandbar was that section

Sent from my Bat Cave!!!

314joey
11-22-2013, 08:47 AM

This is where I've been posting stuff that doesn't have anything to do with boating and if that's OK I'll just keeping posting it here, I got the impression from a few that it wasn't cool, but you're the "man" so if it's cool with you I'm golden.

HB Vic
11-22-2013, 08:48 AM
This is where I've been posting stuff that doesn't have anything to do with boating and if that's OK I'll just keeping posting it here, I got the impression from a few that it wasn't cool, but you're the "man" so if it's cool with you I'm golden.

You're good!!

Eli
11-22-2013, 08:49 AM

I'm with you! Great brilliant minds think alike ;) all 7 of us :D

Sent from my Bat Cave!!!

314joey
11-22-2013, 08:51 AM
I'm with you! Great brilliant minds think alike ;) all 7 of us :D

Sent from my Bat Cave!!!

6 - Eli's
1 - joey

that's funny

Eli
11-22-2013, 08:52 AM
6 - Eli's
1 - joey

that's funny

:D

Sent from my Bat Cave!!!

GotHalos
11-24-2013, 11:57 PM
Sticky.

SBS933
11-26-2013, 10:21 AM
A River Party Pic section would work, pics only from the river

Eli
11-26-2013, 10:34 AM
A "do it yourself" section. engine builds, jetpump builds, bathroom remodel, gelcoat, offroad suspension install, etc. Anything the average guy or gal is doing themselves or learning to do themselves.

Definitely a good thing you clarified what you mean.

Sent from my Bat Cave!!!

ptc
11-26-2013, 11:56 AM
How about some more BOAT STUFF???

WTF with this Cheeses of the world, and personal people sections???? you want that crap go play on FACEBOOK! ....

this is suppose to be HOTBOAT.COM!!! for Christs sake!!!!

HB Vic
11-26-2013, 12:09 PM
How about some more BOAT STUFF???

WTF with this Cheeses of the world, and personal people sections???? you want that crap go play on FACEBOOK! ....

this is suppose to be HOTBOAT.COM!!! for Christs sake!!!!

We'll be at the Thanksgiving Regatta in Parker this weekend. Will have some pics and info up as early as Friday am.

My last two trips fizzled out due to weather. Had planned on doing some boating but it didn't work out.

ptc
11-26-2013, 12:25 PM
We'll be at the Thanksgiving Regatta in Parker this weekend. Will have some pics and info up as early as Friday am.

My last two trips fizzled out due to weather. Had planned on doing some boating but it didn't work out.

Not aimed at you Vic.... you guys provide great content.... just at people that want to change what good things are going on here to something redic!

CHEESE???? really? (well you are a cheese head!) ... lol

HB Vic
11-26-2013, 12:29 PM
Not aimed at you Vic.... you guys provide great content.... just at people that want to change what good things are going on here to something redic!

CHEESE???? really? (well you are a cheese head!) ... lol

Was it the Green Bay thread that gave it away? lol :D

GotHalos
12-01-2013, 11:31 PM
1. Motor builds
2. DLB section possibly?
3. What's cooking section?
4. ???
5.???

Let's keep this going, hopefully we can get the (approved) changes made this week.

28eliminator
12-02-2013, 06:12 AM
Building/construction, home improvement section?

314joey
12-02-2013, 06:52 AM
There are other boating threads, maybe it's not West Coast stuff, but it's still boating, at least it is to me and a whole bunch of other folks.

I look at all the threads, even the cheesehead one's, but that's me.

HB Vic
12-02-2013, 08:04 AM
1. Motor builds
2. DLB section possibly?
3. What's cooking section?
4. ???
5.???

Let's keep this going, hopefully we can get the (approved) changes made this week.

Here's what you have requested:

1. Tech Section - Motor builds/mods
2. DLB section
3. What's cooking section - The Food Bar
4. Boat Evaluations/Boat Tests
5. DIY/Home Improvement
6. River Party Pics (hmmmmmm)
7. Classifieds - rework what we currently have
8. Archives

We'll get started on some of these this week. I'm up in the air on the river party pic section. And I'm still thinking about how to handle a archive section.

What else you got?? Speak now :D

GRADS
12-02-2013, 02:00 PM

2. DLB section
5. DIY/Home Improvement
8. Archives

We'll get started on some of these this week. I'm up in the air on the river party pic section. And I'm still thinking about how to handle a archive section.

I don't think 3, 5 and 6 are necessary....all that stuff could be posted in the Sandbar. If you have too many sections it starts to get confusing. Keep it simple. Eliminate the section that don't get posted in and add the ones that will. As much as I hate to say it, a DLB section would probably be good idea. I will even direct www.deltalunchbunch.com to it.

gn7
12-02-2013, 08:58 PM
I am relatively to all this boating stuff, so maybe someone can help me out. What exactly is suppose to be discussed on "inboard" that isn't discussed in V bottom, Cat, V drive or jet? Is there some other inboard I am missing?
Is it really necessary to have a forum for every type of hull? Seems to me that just "propulsion types" would be enough. I/O, jet, v drive and outboard.

Is there something that gets discussed in "Big Blue" that would out of place being discussed in "Offshore Only?" or vice versa?

WMC
12-02-2013, 09:05 PM
Gn7 good seeing you on Friday

sent from WMC's phone

HB Vic
12-02-2013, 09:06 PM
I am relatively to all this boating stuff, so maybe someone can help me out. What exactly is suppose to be discussed on "inboard" that isn't discussed in V bottom, Cat, V drive or jet? Is there some other inboard I am missing?
Is it really necessary to have a forum for every type of hull? Seems to me that just "propulsion types" would be enough. I/O, jet, v drive and outboard.

Is there something that gets discussed in "Big Blue" that would out of place being discussed in "Offshore Only?" or vice versa?

Hello GN7, nice meeting you this weekend. Unfortunately I wasn't able to buy you a beer. So next time.

As far as your post, when we frantically put the site together using bar napkins and a sharpie, we scratched down everything we could think of with the thought that we would clean it up one day. Well that day (about a year later) has come. So we asking for your input on what you would like to see, or not see. If its redundant, we need to clean it up. If its missing, we need to add it.

I'm thinking we need a GN7 section :D

gn7
12-02-2013, 09:51 PM
I would have perfered you bought me a hat. That damn Wendi gouged me! Does she charge everybody 25.00 for a hat? Of course it was already 8:30 in the morning and she was already(or still) Fireballing, so I am not really sure she was aware what she was doing.

Wendi
12-02-2013, 10:07 PM
I would have perfered you bought me a hat. That damn Wendi gouged me! Does she charge everybody 25.00 for a hat? Of course it was already 8:30 in the morning and she was already(or still) Fireballing, so I am not really sure she was aware what she was doing.

OMG you crazy!!! You wouldn't tell me who you were. I gave you a damn good deal :smile:. I did not partake in the fireball the day before so I was feeling better than the other crew members. WMC told me it was you when he got back. I wanted to go find you and give you shit!

gn7
12-02-2013, 10:28 PM
OMG you crazy!!! You wouldn't tell me who you were. I gave you a damn good deal :smile:. I did not partake in the fireball the day before so I was feeling better than the other crew members. WMC told me it was you when he got back. I wanted to go find you and give you shit!

Now you know why I was hiding!
I couldn't tell you who I was, the price for the hat would have been 35.00.

2manymustangs
12-03-2013, 09:19 AM

Now you know why I was hiding!
I couldn't tell you who I was, the price for the hat would have been 35.00.

If it would be helpful for the future I have a REAAAAALYYY good pic of ole GN7 posing on the deck of his GN boat... :) Shall I post it up, it is absolutely worth printing and framing???

2manymustangs
12-03-2013, 09:43 AM

2. DLB section
5. DIY/Home Improvement
8. Archives

Not sure if you want to attempt this or not, I worked with Craig (the original PB admin/S.A.) to add the race org sections in the PB site... I went to a variety of sources and validated the names of the orgs so that they were accurate at that point in time... Things may have changed, that was about 2 1/2 years ago or so... SOme areas were used by the racers/class fans and some got very little use/traction...

This was about the time that LUCAS was trying to bring all of the various drag boat orgs under one umbrella, things went a little askew with our plan when that occurred…

One that I would be particularly interested in seeing is the SUPER V and SUPER V LITE series if you choose to go that route... I think that these classes are probably interesting to a pretty broad audience and from what I can see they don’t have a really easily accessible place to call home for chat/schedules/pictures/banter... Just a thought... I do have the ability to connect with some of the SUPER V LITE racers... They travel from coast to coast and race in lakes as well as saltwater (I think)...

Eli
12-12-2013, 10:53 AM
Not sure if this is the correct thread for this or Paul65K's emoticon thread but, can we get a emoticon that licks similar to this :cuddle-smiley::cheekkiss::cheekkiss: but with the licking? Typing out NiceGuyEddie takes too long.

Eli
12-17-2013, 09:07 PM
What happened to the wakeboard section?

HB Vic
12-17-2013, 09:15 PM
What happened to the wakeboard section?

I didn't know anyone requested one??

WMC
12-17-2013, 10:36 PM
Engine build/Dyno. That's the request I keep getting.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Eli
12-18-2013, 06:11 AM
I didn't know anyone requested one??

I thought I saw one a while back and I was going to post my wakeboard stuff...that's odd...I was imaging it?

No worries, I'll post it in the sandbar. Thanks!

Wendi
12-18-2013, 07:55 AM
I thought I saw one a while back and I was going to post my wakeboard stuff...that's odd...I was imaging it?

No worries, I'll post it in the sandbar. Thanks!

Isn't it in the skiing section?

Eli
12-18-2013, 08:02 AM
Isn't it in the skiing section?

You're right! I knew I wasn't loosing my mind ;)

Paul65K
12-18-2013, 08:04 AM
I'd like to see the Smiley's stay static when you click the "More" button........they are always in a different place and it's frustrating to find the one you know you want.......this of course is when using a computer......you can't even access a list if you are using tapatalk!!

PS..............other than this HoatBoat is PERFECT :D

Eli
12-18-2013, 08:07 AM
I'd like to see the Smiley's stay static when you click the "More" button........they are always in a different place and it's frustrating to find the one you know you want.......this of course is when using a computer......you can't even access a list if you are using tapatalk!!

PS..............other than this HoatBoat is PERFECT :D

I've been using more smilies lately and I agree!!! Why do they need to move? I'd like to access all the smilies on Tapatalk too!

I agree HotBoat is PERFECT!

Eli
12-18-2013, 09:58 AM
Just some food for thought...maybe the wakeboard section and other sections are a bit too hidden? I was just thinking if it took me a while to find it and then I lost it and it took Wendi's help finding it again, maybe others are having the same problem?

I don't know this for a fact, I just know I'm probably the most vocal person here :D

Wendi
01-21-2014, 02:24 PM

KAP
08-18-2014, 04:32 PM
Boating Content:

Hotboat needs more boating content. New builds, upgrades, places traveled, new things for the boats, tips or tricks people have learned, Safety, Maintenance, Poker Runs [I got that one lol] I could use a professional photographer aboard...someone cool and can serve as boat biatch/wingperson, SBI race coverage etc...

That's my short list.

mouzer
10-18-2014, 08:18 PM
just some food for thought...maybe the wakeboard section and other sections are a bit too hidden? I was just thinking if it took me a while to find it and then i lost it and it took wendi's help finding it again, maybe others are having the same problem?

I don't know this for a fact, i just know i'm probably the most vocal person here :d

wakeboard section give me a break this is hot boat whats next jet ski section go take some more pics of your feet...............j/k

Eli
10-18-2014, 09:00 PM
wakeboard section give me a break this is hot boat whats next jet ski section go take some more pics of your feet...............j/k

Here's one of me wakeboarding ;) 😉

I just couldn't resist lol next will be a pic of my Flinstone feet lol

Sent from my Bat Cave

djunkie
10-18-2014, 09:25 PM
Boating content. ☺️☺️

😒😒

niceguyeddie
10-20-2014, 02:00 PM
I'd like to see some boating/river content. This place is about as random as Facebook.

28eliminator
10-21-2014, 08:22 PM
I'd like to see some boating/river content. This place is about as random as Facebook.

If it was only boating and river content, this place would be non existent.

HB Vic
10-21-2014, 09:20 PM
Yup....

Mrs.K034
10-21-2014, 10:19 PM
Yup....

We NEED more tech section boating content.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sangermike
01-28-2015, 07:40 AM
X2 that would be very helpful particularly to us new to working on our on boats

rioracr
02-18-2015, 10:41 PM
HB, after trying to locate a board members business maybe a section on members businesses would help us if we need a certain product or business from a board member.........

HB Vic
02-19-2015, 12:03 AM
HB, after trying to locate a board members business maybe a section on members businesses would help us if we need a certain product or business from a board member.........

Totally agree. I started working on something like this a long time ago and got derailed. Let me dig back in to it [emoji106]

Dsmith43
03-10-2016, 09:11 AM
How about a form for help on engine, out drives ,v drives and the like