PDA

View Full Version : Craigslist Laughs......

ChumpChange
11-20-2013, 05:06 PM
So I listed my truck on CL this morning just to see what the market for my truck is like and if anybody wants to pay me enough money to sell it. I had it listed a couple months ago and was bombarded with inquiries so I took it down and relisted it today at a higher price. So far I've had four legitimate emails within the five hours listed.

One guy asks me to call him. He asks a couple questions and then the price I have listed. "Oh that is too much for me" was his reply. Ummmmmm, it's the price on the listing. Why are you asking people to call you when it's already out of your price. Good thing I block my number.

We'll see how long it takes for the dreaded "Can I use my slot machine and xBox as a trade" emails come in.

I know it frustrates a lot of people but I love Craigslist and the crazies that use it!

GRADS
11-20-2013, 05:30 PM
Wait until people want to trade you "420" for it. ;)

CampbellCarl
11-20-2013, 05:45 PM

Bilgie isn't looking for a truck......

niceguyeddie
11-20-2013, 05:46 PM
So I listed my truck on CL this morning just to see what the market for my truck is like and if anybody wants to pay me enough money to sell it. I had it listed a couple months ago and was bombarded with inquiries so I took it down and relisted it today at a higher price. So far I've had four legitimate emails within the five hours listed.

One guy asks me to call him. He asks a couple questions and then the price I have listed. "Oh that is too much for me" was his reply. Ummmmmm, it's the price on the listing. Why are you asking people to call you when it's already out of your price. Good thing I block my number.

We'll see how long it takes for the dreaded "Can I use my slot machine and xBox as a trade" emails come in.

I know it frustrates a lot of people but I love Craigslist and the crazies that use it!

I had so many people low ball me when I sold my last truck through text messages. They would even send me pictures of cash. My response would be "Keep your cash and give me a cashiers check for what I'm asking."

niceguyeddie
11-20-2013, 05:47 PM

He'd need another truck to haul back all that weed.

Wendi
11-20-2013, 06:28 PM
I had so many people low ball me when I sold my last truck through text messages. They would even send me pictures of cash. My response would be "Keep your cash and give me a cashiers check for what I'm asking."
I always lowball on craigslist.

Wendi
11-20-2013, 06:28 PM
i might be interested mateo! I've got a little cash, a $20 starbucks gift card and an old flip phone if you'll consider those in trade?:d

sent from my iphone using tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)
lmao....

ChumpChange
11-20-2013, 06:36 PM
I always lowball on craigslist.

You're not a serious buyer. I bet if they accepted, you wouldn't even know what to do!

Wendi
11-20-2013, 06:48 PM
You're not a serious buyer. I bet if they accepted, you wouldn't even know what to do!

Not true I buy and sell on CL. I'm not scared. I just done buy or sell stuff that is not priced unreasonably!

riverrunner1984
11-20-2013, 07:06 PM
I can honestly say I have had good luck on craigslist looking for different kind of contracts for house work....Havent sold too many things though.
I

ChumpChange
11-20-2013, 08:30 PM
I don't buy unreasononably priced things but I sell them. :D

Eli
11-20-2013, 09:00 PM
I've been trying to sell some stuff on craigslist. It's annoying. I did sell a bike hitch and the guy tried to low ball me by telling me he didn't have anymore cash. I showed him where he can find an ATM. I'm sure he didn't use it. But I got my money.

Sent from my Bat Cave!!!

28eliminator
11-20-2013, 09:53 PM
Craigslist is the Jerry Springer of retail... Drives me insane sometimes

Sent from somewhere on the water

ChumpChange
11-21-2013, 08:59 AM
Craigslist is the Jerry Springer of retail... Drives me insane sometimes

Sent from somewhere on the water

I think that's what I enjoy about it.

Joker
11-21-2013, 09:04 AM
I put my truck in there for 26k last week and I got this response yesterday:

If any of them interest you maybe we can
work out a trade.

1.Toshiba 56in HD Tv

2.1999 suzuki Quadrunner 4x4

3. 1995 Kawasaki Klx 250 baja kit streetlegal

4. STRATOS 201 Pro Bass boat

5. fork lift battery chargers

6. 3/4 inch Snap on set and box from 1944

7. Air compressor

8. Radial arm Saw,

9. chop saw

10. level

11. framing nailer

12. roofing nailer

13. vacuum

14. shop vac

15. grinder

16. polisher

17. sander

19. rake, shovel, post digger

20. Snow board

21. router

rschap1
11-21-2013, 09:32 AM
It can be fun as long as you realize what you are in for.
I always warn a seller that I HAVE to try and low ball them, then maybe work my up up to a reasonable price.
I try hard not to pi$$ them off if I have any real intent to buy.
A few years ago I had an OLD snowmobile up for sale.
Decent sled for the $300 I listed it for, but knew I would take a little less to get it gone.
Buyer, his wife, and kids came looked, started it and looked ready to load it on their trailer.
Guy offers $200, I say OK.
His wife goes "$100" is probably best we can do.
I told them for $100 they can stick around and watch me pour gas on it, set it on fire, and burn in the driveway.
She was a bi+ch, so I did not give a $hi+ if they bought any longer or not.
She scowled and could tell she was ready to slap me and gouge my eyes out.
Guy sends her to the truck with his kids and hands me $200 ca$h.
I think I got my point across.