PDA

View Full Version : Granny Cam

HB Vic
11-19-2013, 09:42 AM
I don't get to watch TV much. Having my truck serviced this morning so catching up a little on the news.

I've heard horror stories from friends about nursing homes and abuse. I didn't realize it was so wide spread, so much so that people are using "granny" cams to keep an eye on their loved ones. Apparently it's illegal to do this in most states except one.

All this does is reinforce my desire to be taken out before I start drooling on myself or lose the ability to defend myself.

Just push me off a cliff, I don't want no stinkin granny cam :D

Wendi
11-19-2013, 10:20 AM
I don't get to watch TV much. Having my truck serviced this morning so catching up a little on the news.

I've heard horror stories from friends about nursing homes and abuse. I didn't realize it was so wide spread, so much so that people are using "granny" cams to keep an eye on their loved ones. Apparently it's illegal to do this in most states except one.

All this does is reinforce my desire to be taken out before I start drooling on myself or lose the ability to defend myself.

Just push me off a cliff, I don't want no stinkin granny cam :D
Noted... I have a granny in a home. Now we feel she is 100% well cared for. They are wonderful people. Residential home with 6 beds. We show up whenever we want. The place is clean and all the occupants are well cared for. However the other place she was in. A much larger facility, less caretakers. She fell often, broke her hips, leg, and the last straw her neck and they completely over medicated her! I liked the staff, but never felt 100% at ease. Now we do!

314joey
11-19-2013, 10:47 AM
New reality series, granny goes wild.

riverrunner1984
11-19-2013, 10:52 AM
Noted... I have a granny in a home. Now we feel she is 100% well cared for. They are wonderful people. Residential home with 6 beds. We show up whenever we want. The place is clean and all the occupants are well cared for. However the other place she was in. A much larger facility, less caretakers. She fell often, broke her hips, leg, and the last straw her neck and they completely over medicated her! I liked the staff, but never felt 100% at ease. Now we do!

I like the idea of residential homes alot better as well.
However, not all cities allow these types of residences which is unfortunate.

Wendi
11-19-2013, 10:58 AM
New reality series, granny goes wild. Oh gawd, no!!!

314joey
11-19-2013, 11:29 AM
Oh gawd, no!!!

I agree, but some idiots watch the Kardashians and I don't get that mess.

Wendi
11-19-2013, 12:16 PM
I agree, but some idiots watch the Kardashians and I don't get that mess.
I resent that statement....

314joey
11-19-2013, 12:59 PM
I resent that statement....

Sorry, I'll change "idiots" to misguided" there's lots of real stuff on the TV Wendi.

Wendi
11-19-2013, 01:11 PM
Sorry, I'll change "idiots" to misguided" there's lots of real stuff on the TV Wendi.

LOL I watch that show if there is absolutely nothing else!!