PDA

View Full Version : Introductions- POLL

GotHalos
11-14-2013, 07:31 PM
Ran across my mind the other day since there are a lot of people signing up daily. Not sure if it would be used or not but what do you guys think of an "Introduction" section? Possibly a sub-forum of the Sandbar? It might entice new signups to post? Introduce themselves, where the boat, how they found us, etc...?

Any thoughts?

Joker
11-14-2013, 07:32 PM
I say have em post up here.

Eli
11-14-2013, 07:43 PM
If they don't get a reply in the intro section bc most of us, 6 Elis, forget any other section exists, they may feel ignored.

Besides, this place is so friendly, there's no reason why anyone should feel uncomfortable posting.

You know what? I could be the greeter! Give the daily sign ups and I'll PM them with a nice PM, make them comfortable. I think I'm good at helping people come out of their shell...or run and hide ;)

Sent from my Bat Cave

Paul65K
11-14-2013, 07:46 PM
You know what? I could be the greeter! Give the daily sign ups and I'll PM them with a nice PM, make them comfortable.

Yet one more way to fill your box.......uh huh :D

Eli
11-14-2013, 07:46 PM
Yet one more way to fill your box.......uh huh :D

My box is empty...it almost has cob webs :D

Sent from my Bat Cave

Stainless
11-14-2013, 07:49 PM
I hear what your saying GH, but agree with Joker. Site is very friendly and outgoing meaning they shouldn't have any issue merging into the Sandbar topics. Yea, it's a little like the first day of school or changing schools but everyone has been met with open arms and many have stayed on board here. I think of forums as being in a bar via the Internet, drinking and have conversation from your living room. Just like the bar, you can move to a different topic if one isn't of interest to you. I vote to keep it like it is rather than segregate new people.

CH3NO2

Paul65K
11-14-2013, 07:50 PM
My box is empty...it almost has cob webs :D

Sent from my Bat Cave

Go here http://www.hotboat.com/frm/showthread.php?3454-Dating-Questions

This will give you everything you need to fix the problem :D

Paul65K
11-14-2013, 07:51 PM
I hear what your saying GH, but agree with Joker. Site is very friendly and outgoing meaning they shouldn't have any issue merging into the Sandbar topics. Yea, it's a little like the first day of school or changing schools but everyone has been met with open arms and many have stayed on board here. I think of forums as being in a bar via the Internet, drinking and have conversation from your living room. Just like the bar, you can move to a different topic if one isn't of interest to you. I vote to keep it like it is rather than segregate new people.

CH3NO2

Stainless you hit the nail right on the head...............HB is just like "Cheers" :thumb:

Stainless
11-14-2013, 07:51 PM
If they don't get a reply in the intro section bc most of us, 6 Elis, forget any other section exists, they may feel ignored.

Besides, this place is so friendly, there's no reason why anyone should feel uncomfortable posting.

You know what? I could be the greeter! Give the daily sign ups and I'll PM them with a nice PM, make them comfortable. I think I'm good at helping people come out of their shell...or run and hide ;)

Sent from my Bat Cave

Shit, I basically wrote same thing, great idea to be the Hotboat Greeter though!

Have you got experience, say 2 years min from Walmart?

CH3NO2

Eli
11-14-2013, 07:53 PM
Shit, I basically wrote same thing, great idea to be the Hotboat Greeter though!

Have you got experience, say 2 years min from Walmart?

CH3NO2

No, but I was a greeter at the Gap for a
Christmas season. You could hear me from any part of the store!

Sent from my Bat Cave

Jefftowz
11-14-2013, 09:55 PM
New guys can't vote........I vote yes....

GotHalos
11-14-2013, 09:58 PM

Solid feedback so far everyone, thanks.

Weird, I will look into it. It may be defaulted to you must have 25 posts before like the HBOTM.

GotHalos
11-14-2013, 09:59 PM

Solid feedback so far everyone, thanks.

Weird, I will look into it. It may be defaulted to you must have 25 posts before like the HBOTM.

HB Vic
11-14-2013, 10:13 PM
Admin is checking in to the 25 post deal. It came up with the race promoter poll thread too. We'll get it fixed.

GRADS
11-15-2013, 08:34 AM
I say make an introduction section and make me moderator of the new recruits.

314joey
11-15-2013, 08:38 AM
No, but I was a greeter at the Gap for a
Christmas season. You could hear me from any part of the store!

Sent from my Bat Cave

Is this one of the existing Eli's or are you proposing a new Eli.

Eli
11-15-2013, 08:50 AM
Is this one of the existing Eli's or are you proposing a new Eli.

We will all take turns. I'll feel bad for the people who get PMs from BC Eli

Sent from my Bat Cave

HB Vic
11-15-2013, 09:27 AM
I say make an introduction section and make me moderator of the new recruits.

That's funny. I bet if I asked you in all seriousness, you would say you wouldn't even trust yourself to be a mod LOL

Adrift
11-15-2013, 10:21 AM
IMO there should be an introduction thread, also "Lurkers" should be redirected to the "Intro. Page" after 60 seconds of not signing in.:happy:

GRADS
11-15-2013, 10:31 AM
That's funny. I bet if I asked you in all seriousness, you would say you wouldn't even trust yourself to be a mod LOL

It is scary how well you know me. :yikes:

78Southwind
11-15-2013, 01:08 PM

How true this is....

GotHalos
11-20-2013, 03:28 PM
Bump :)

Chubbn
05-15-2014, 08:26 PM
Not sure if this is the sign up area or not but here's my boat trying to enter to twin the cool bag lol http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/16/7adu8una.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/16/e9a8unyg.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/16/megyby7u.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/16/sybujygu.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chubbn
05-15-2014, 08:29 PM
Richard?

GotHalos
05-15-2014, 08:30 PM
Not sure if this is the sign up area or not but here's my boat trying to enter to twin the cool bag lol http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/16/7adu8una.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/16/e9a8unyg.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/16/megyby7u.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/16/sybujygu.jpg

No problem, I can move the post for you.

Welcome to the site BTW. :thumbup:

Click here for the thread: http://www.hotboat.com/frm/showthread.php?t=5618

Chubbn
05-15-2014, 08:32 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome I really appreciate it!!

HB Vic
05-15-2014, 08:48 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome I really appreciate it!!

Nice meeting you at the Heat DS weekend. Welcome!!

Chubbn
05-15-2014, 08:50 PM
Nice meeting you too! Thanks for all the promo goods lol !! Any word on tank tops for sale?

HB Vic
05-15-2014, 08:51 PM
Nice meeting you too! Thanks for all the promo goods lol !! Any word on tank tops for sale?

Yes. Will be up on the site soon. Just need to get the photos cleaned up a little. If you PM Eli she can help you with those.

Chubbn
05-15-2014, 08:52 PM
Okay cool thanks for the help I'm still figuring this forum out. how would I pm someone??

HB Vic
05-15-2014, 08:55 PM
Eli to the white courtesy phone!

Ziggy
05-15-2014, 09:34 PM

Dont forget to addrss it to the correct Eli.....which # Eli is responsible for retail sales??

Sent by tapatalk with good intentions

GotHalos
05-15-2014, 09:36 PM
Okay cool thanks for the help I'm still figuring this forum out. how would I pm someone??

Just click on someone's user name. For example: to the left of this post where it says GotHalos, click on my name, then select private message.

Ziggy
05-15-2014, 09:42 PM
Btw ...imho a welcome thread should be pinned at the top of the sandbar and each new signee should be automatically redirected there their first time in......kinda like when you sign into hotel wifi it takes you to their special page first.
Probably a locked thread so the rest of us morons don't ruin it right away like many others but with a great intro and good info to make them feel at ease to post.....perhaps even an easy link for them to start their own thread and break the ice.

Eli
05-16-2014, 05:03 AM

I replied to your PM. Thank you!

I checked out early last night. ;)

Dont forget to addrss it to the correct Eli.....which # Eli is responsible for retail sales??

It really depends on which stage of the swag and where...i.e. If I'm at an event it's Party Girl Eli but over the Internet it's Legally Blonde Eli bc she's in work mode.

Btw ...imho a welcome thread should be pinned at the top of the sandbar and each new signee should be automatically redirected there their first time in......kinda like when you sign into hotel wifi it takes you to their special page first.
Probably a locked thread so the rest of us morons don't ruin it right away like many others but with a great intro and good info to make them feel at ease to post.....perhaps even an easy link for them to start their own thread and break the ice.

This is a fantastic idea. I would've liked to have something to guide me around. I still need guidance ;)

Sent from my Bat Cave