PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Light Parade

niceguyeddie
11-14-2013, 02:28 PM
I've never gone down to watch it. I need head out to the river and pick my boat up for some winter projects so I was thinking about launching and floating around the Newport Harbor to watch. Has anyone done this? Where do I launch? Back Bay? Can a slip be rented for the night?

Eli
11-14-2013, 02:30 PM
There's a Christmas parade off the harbor? That's news to me :D

Sent from my Bat Cave

Wendi
11-14-2013, 02:32 PM
Yes we did it with some friends. Had a blast. I forgot where we launched but will ask and get back to you. Bundle up it gets cold. Bailey's and coffee and fireball a must.

Joker
11-14-2013, 02:34 PM
I've never gone down to watch it. I need head out to the river and pick my boat up for some winter projects so I was thinking about launching and floating around the Newport Harbor to watch. Has anyone done this? Where do I launch? Back Bay? Can a slip be rented for the night?

Dennis,
I'll talk to my buddy that refurbishes old sailboats down there and see what will work.

Eli
11-14-2013, 02:36 PM

If you can't get the boat in, come hangout with us commoners on December 7 in HB.

Sent from my Bat Cave

niceguyeddie
11-14-2013, 02:44 PM
Yes we did it with some friends. Had a blast. I forgot where we launched but will ask and get back to you. Bundle up it gets cold. Bailey's and coffee and fireball a must.

Nice! Did you pull the boat out or leave it in?

Dennis,
I'll talk to my buddy that refurbishes old sailboats down there and see what will work.

Thanks again John!

If you can't get the boat in, come hangout with us commoners on December 7 in HB.

Sent from my Bat Cave

Thanks!

Wendi
11-14-2013, 02:53 PM
Nice! Did you pull the boat out or leave it in?

Thanks again John!

Thanks!

We just went for the night. We pulled it out after we were done cruising harbor

niceguyeddie
11-14-2013, 04:08 PM
We just went for the night. We pulled it out after we were done cruising harbor

Did you decorate the boat? I wasn't planning on it. lol

Bobby V
11-14-2013, 04:14 PM
Here you go.

http://www.christmasparadeboats.com/

niceguyeddie
11-14-2013, 04:43 PM
Here you go.

http://www.christmasparadeboats.com/

Thanks. I already looked at that.

Basically what I need to know is where to launch, where I'm allowed to float/ spectate and who want's to rent me a slip for the night.

H2oSki2Fast
11-14-2013, 05:46 PM
Easiest place to launch is Newport Dunes. They do rent slips at the Dunes, but I do not believe they are cheap.

Then just follow the parade. There will be lots of boats out.

niceguyeddie
11-14-2013, 05:56 PM
Easiest place to launch is Newport Dunes. They do rent slips at the Dunes, but I do not believe they are cheap.

Then just follow the parade. There will be lots of boats out.

Thanks. I just called and left a message. The ideal plan would be to Launch Sat afternoon, slip it, then cab it back down to the Marina for the parade and cab back home.

Wendi
11-14-2013, 06:35 PM
Found a groupon for this 19.00 1.5 hour and a drink cruising the parade. http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/15/ty3are7u.jpg

Wendi
11-14-2013, 06:57 PM
Another groupon LOL we can all rent a boat hahahahttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/15/u6unugym.jpg

rvrmom
11-14-2013, 07:12 PM
I would think the Dunes too. Lemme ask my Mom. She run's a Duffy business in the Harbor for the past 12 years. I'll call her in the morning and post back. I just hung up with her and she was on the water all day and tired.

Wendi
11-14-2013, 07:13 PM
I would think the Dunes too. Lemme ask my Mom. She run's a Duffy business in the Harbor for the past 12 years. I'll call her in the morning and post back. I just hung up with her and she was on the water all day and tired.

Can you let us know if there is a boat charter she may be able to refer for Huntington Beach cruise of lights??

rvrmom
11-14-2013, 07:18 PM
Can you let us know if there is a boat charter she may be able to refer for Huntington Beach cruise of lights??

Yep, you bet

Wendi
11-14-2013, 07:19 PM
Yep, you bet Thank you and welcome to Hotboat!!!

rvrmom
11-14-2013, 07:21 PM
Thank you and welcome to Hotboat!!!

Thanks Wendi :)

rvrmom
11-14-2013, 07:50 PM
Well that was quick LOL. I shot her a text. She doesn't know any boat charter companies in HH. Sorry :( My Mom's boat is in Newport Harbor so it doesn't surprise me that she doesn't know other companies based in HH...

Wendi
11-14-2013, 07:51 PM
Well that was quick LOL. I shot her a text. She doesn't know any boat charter companies in HH. Sorry :( My Mom's boat is in Newport Harbor so it doesn't surprise me that she doesn't know other companies based in HH... No worries thanks for checking!