PDA

View Full Version : And the plot thickens.... H1 boats coming back to Folsom after all?

GRADS
11-12-2013, 10:02 PM
It sounds like the H1 Unlimited boats might be coming back to Folsom Lake in 2014 after all. Now I have a lot more question. Maybe 41Live can comment on this. H1 Unlimited just posted this on their Facebook page....

H1 Unlimited

" While H1 Unlimited respects the decision of Big Wake Weekend, 41 Live and Bob Richards to withdraw from the promotion of our event at Folsom Lake, California. We are diligently working with community leaders and several entities to ensure the return of the World's Fastest race boats in 2014. "

"We wish Bob and his team continued success with their new event and are saddened to sever our ties," said H1 Chairman Sam Cole. " We will actively work with the Parks Department and government officials to procure the venue site and establish new relationships that will bring future success and stability to the event."

"Sacramento, Folsom and Roseville were exceptional hosts ion 2013. The event attracted widespread publicity and was recently televised on a CBS Sports Spectacular show. There are a number of things that will be done to improve the stability and marketability of the event to showcase the region and support the thousands of race fans who reside here.

"We plan to announce our new plans for the H1 event within a few weeks."

Sam Cole
Chairman
H1 Unlimited

HB Vic
11-12-2013, 10:03 PM
I'm all over that this time.

GRADS
11-12-2013, 10:04 PM
http://www.hotboat.com/frm/showthread.php?3332-Shootout-versus-Drag-Boat-Racing-in-Nor-Cal

RogerThat99
11-12-2013, 10:25 PM
Bob is probably out because it wasn't profitable after paying H1 Unlimited, The State Of California (folsom lake), and all the other amenities. I know it didn't have the turnout they were hoping for, but it was the inagural year. It think more people will come out next year. It was a great event!!